First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-13 01:12:48  
Asura.Avallon said: »
Has Shiva's sleepga been tested yet?
Papesse did and said Shiva's Sleepga was working at least up to (D)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-13 01:27:35  
Fought this Ambuscade on (D) several times yesterday.
It was a success thanks to the info gathered in this thread, thanks everyone! These are my thoughts:

Setup
1x RUN/NIN
2x BLU
1x WHM
1x SMN
1x RDM/BLM (me)

Average time in zone: ~14min
We were killing the boss first, then the 4 adds later.
For the KI farm we tried Nyzul Isle but repop was too long / too many people in zone, so in the end we settled for the Mamool Ja assault "Azure Ailments". ~8 Qiqrins in there split in three groups East, West and South.

Personal comments:
  • We wondered about the necessity of a Tank for (D) with BLUs.
    Most of the time we didn't really need a tank, but then again there have been instances where RUN really saved us some deaths.
    For instance sometimes adds were waking up (failing to kill bomb, people terrored, I was midcasting other stuff) were I weren't ready to sleepga as soon as they woke up, and tank saved our ***.

• After a few runs of me debuffing them like crazy with Frazzle/Distract/Slow/Paralyze/Blind/Dia3/Poison2 I started engaging to DD, I was surprised my Savage Blade were doing 10k and my DDset is pretty meh

• After a few figths we decided not to use Dia3/Poison2 on adds until only 2 were left

• Their "steal HP" move is really dangerous. If one gets used and you get a TA proc from them right after you're basically dead so fast the WHM can't do anything about it. Made me wonder if we could've used NIN/BLU to use Geist Wall and keep adds' hate instead of RUN/NIN

• All my debuffs sticked basically on first cast even without pear crepe. They seemed to be resisting Stun and was a bit hard to stick Gravity2

• SMN was using Crystalline Blessing and Ifrit's Warcry. We tried Flaming Crush and Volt Strike, they were doing the same damage, around 25k, but Flaming Crush was occasionally spiking really high (one hit for 80k o.o) so we decided to stick with that, also made it easier for the SMN who could remain on Ifrit after using Warcry without having to summon Ramuh specifically

• Even on one fight were people started dying left and right, which lasted much longer than our other fights, I never had issues resleeping adds with Sleepga (Dream Flower was working nice too). I only experienced a couple of partial resists, with one add waking up before the others, but that probably happened because I wasn't using Pear Crepe anymore, I was on Gain-STR and I was engaged (with my weapon locked, so less macc compared to my normal max macc setup for debuffs/sleeps)

Lot of space for improvement with our approach. We were tired because of the time and because it was after our LS event, plus we were playing in a very very relaxed/laid back way.
I assume that's a luxury you can't afford yourself when playing VD.

If you ask me (D) didn't seem worth it unless you have seals to burn.
If you're out of seals and Queues aren't too bad, spamming the super easy (N) might be more efficient. That was REALLY easy (steal HP can *** you on (N) as well though, that move ain't no joke!)
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-09-13 01:55:55  
DirectX said: »
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
JP wiki says you either have to be captain or have a salvage permit, do they have either?
Not sure, will check this next time people complain. Bit silly to link UNM to old content though.
They only link warps to old content so you don't "cheat" your way to areas the first time
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-13 06:28:16  
I had that problem before too, but after getting captain, clearing Salvage I and II, everything was unlocked in the UNM menu. It's definitely content-related and not a glitch.
By Teuphist 2017-09-13 06:47:02  
PUP parties, I would suggest going with RDM for haste, potential sleeps and set your puppet up to tank/skillchain with each of you (however many you may have). Based on my solo on Easy.

Solo Easy
AAEV, August, Yoran, Selh'teus, Koru
Engage boss, deploy puppet on add. Let tanks get hate, swap to add. One skillchain w/ puppet on add will kill it if w/ VIT herc set afaik. Swap back to boss. Let hatebounce back and forth between tank trusts (you'll steal it on master...ventriloquy helps of course). Using mythic, w/ AM3 up. Shijin > Bone Crusher for highest damage. Pummel to get AM back up as often as possible. Your puppet will pull hate no matter what and will die unless you're willing to slow the fight down throwing on the -DT set. Don't forget you have Deus Ex.
Ranger puppet is too slow unless maybe you Howling Fist > Arcuballista with flame holder and 3x fire (idk the outcome of that on this fight).

Puppet build:
Harlequin/Valoredge
Attuner
Flame Holder
TS IV
Speedloader II
Dynamo III
Coiler I/II
Turbo Charger I/II
OF I/II
ARK III
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-13 07:39:09  
Asura.Sechs said: »
We were killing the boss first, then the 4 adds later.

This is the big difference between E and D+, you don't attempt to zerg down the boss and instead try to kill a few adds. On D+ kill the adds first, it makes the fight immensely easier and more manageable after you are down to a MB and two adds.

Even on one fight were people started dying left and right, which lasted much longer than our other fights, I never had issues resleeping adds with Sleepga (Dream Flower was working nice too).

Kibosh can do 2~3K easily, it once hit me for 3.6K. It's blinkable but people will frequently get lazy and forget to reapply blinks / occultation, or they won't have the MP from MP Theft and the RDM either wouldn't keep Refresh III up or their not using Tizona.

We wondered about the necessity of a Tank for (D) with BLUs.
Most of the time we didn't really need a tank, but then again there have been instances where RUN really saved us some deaths.
For instance sometimes adds were waking up (failing to kill bomb, people terrored, I was midcasting other stuff) were I weren't ready to sleepga as soon as they woke up, and tank saved our ***.

The job of the tank on higher difficulties isn't t hold the adds, it's to hold the MB while the DD's work on killing the adds. The MB can't be slept and has to much HP to zerg down quickly.

We have D down to about 10 minutes per run which becomes the most efficient once you include in times from getting KI and waiting a few minutes for queue. VD takes us ~20 minutes give or take and it's not worth it unless your using a seal, then it's like mega awesome.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2017-09-13 08:47:39  
Asura.Saevel said: »
We wondered about the necessity of a Tank for (D) with BLUs.

The job of the tank on higher difficulties isn't t hold the adds, it's to hold the MB while the DD's work on killing the adds. The MB can't be slept and has to much HP to zerg down quickly.

We have D down to about 10 minutes per run which becomes the most efficient once you include in times from getting KI and waiting a few minutes for queue. VD takes us ~20 minutes give or take and it's not worth it unless your using a seal, then it's like mega awesome.
I would add that the tank also serves to take the terrors. those can be debilitating to the dps of the party if the DDs are standing terror-ed for 1/3rd of the fight
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-13 09:12:28  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
I had that problem before too, but after getting captain, clearing Salvage I and II, everything was unlocked in the UNM menu. It's definitely content-related and not a glitch.

I'm also add that this sometimes is the case when the player has not completed a certain number of ROE quests. There have been times where players have finished all their missions but couldn't warp to various high level UNM warps. I would argue it's potentially linked to your ROE quest completion.

I don't have captain rank, but I have every warp for UNM. At one time, I didn't have a Shedu warp, but over time, I got it. I had already completed AU missions and many salvages, so I don't believe it's tied to that.
By anik 2017-09-13 12:16:30  
Some of the zones have different maps. The warps are tied to zone/maps. If you haven't entered the map ever, you won't get the warp to that zone/map.

For instance, Shedu is Khimaira, and isn't tied to mission storyline maps of TOAU. Indeed content related, and tied to physically entering the zone/map in which the warp is obtained on your list of UNM warps.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-09-13 12:20:41  
Im curious on how rng set up would do on this
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-09-13 12:45:29  
anik said: »
Some of the zones have different maps. The warps are tied to zone/maps. If you haven't entered the map ever, you won't get the warp to that zone/map.

For instance, Shedu is Khimaira, and isn't tied to mission storyline maps of TOAU. Indeed content related, and tied to physically entering the zone/map in which the warp is obtained on your list of UNM warps.
I have physically walked the entire route to there since before WOTG came out and before a UNM fight multiple times.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-13 15:04:39  
anik said: »

No it's not tied to a map. People walking the zone and then going back to the NPC still doesn't trigger the warp.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-13 15:17:13  
Some of the warps are fickle. It's still unknown (more or less) why some people have the Tumult Curator Unity warp and others do not - and that's even after having traveled there while also having met the assumed prerequisites.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-09-14 03:36:35  
We tried THF DNCx2 SMN PLD WHM and it worked out very well. Summoner was on bomb and sleep duty while the 3 dd rotated closing 4 step Umbra. Exenterator (am1) > Rudra > evis > Rudra + magic burst with Heavenly Strike. Whoever was opening with exenterator would close the umbra and then we would swap the skillchain order so we could always end with climactic flourish or sneak/trick attack.
[+]
By Teuphist 2017-09-14 20:37:44  
Normal:
6/6 PUP
2x Tank builds - One pulls boss away. Keeps light/earth maneuvers up, staggers fire for provoke. Have Repair and Ventriloquy ready for HP Theft and hate reset. Second pulls one add w/ Automaton, provoke a second > Ventriloquy. hold both on puppet.

1x Hybrid tank. Strobe I and defensive attachments, but mainly build to skillchain with ranger automatons.

3x Sharpshot. STP build to burn adds down fast.

Could replace one PUP w/ a COR for Companion's/Beast rolls after automatons have hate and the Puppetmaster holding the boss isn't swapping hate.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-09-15 18:54:50  
If you go with RUN. Flabra Gambit gives a nice damage boost to Light/Radiance skillchains, same with Gelus Gambit for Darkness/Umbra Skillchains.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-15 20:35:42  
Asura.Avallon said: »
Some of the warps are fickle. It's still unknown (more or less) why some people have the Tumult Curator Unity warp and others do not - and that's even after having traveled there while also having met the assumed prerequisites.

I might be wrong, but I think a few of these warps are tied to having cleared the associated NMs they're based off. Like with Shedu/Thuban/Sarama you have to have killed the T4 ZNMs before. With Vidmapire I think it's having to have killed Count Dracula.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-15 21:16:09  
So are all the people having problems on Asura? Maybe beastmen stole your astral candy?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-09-15 22:03:06  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
I might be wrong, but I think a few of these warps are tied to having cleared the associated NMs they're based off. Like with Shedu/Thuban/Sarama you have to have killed the T4 ZNMs before. With Vidmapire I think it's having to have killed Count Dracula.

You get the Thuban/Sarama ports either way from what I've seen. My newer alt can use those, but not Shedu.

It'd make sense to me if it was tied to Captain rank due to the ports basically being a way to sidestep the cost for entering Alzadaal Undersea. Since Captain gets free access to that anyway, no reason to restrict it.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-09-16 00:23:24  
Got it down to about 10-12 mins on VD using above strats, also if your RDM is geared/aware enough, he basically negate the bomb hate reset crap by kiting the Main Nm, really saves some heartache. (been using BLU BLU WAR RDM WHM PLD tonight). Been doing Light multisteps, but Darkness seems better. SC we been using tonight:
Expiciation--->Upheaval--->Savage Blade--->(CDC or Upheaval)

Edit: If the RDM keeps the main NM away from the group of adds via Bind/grav, It will never drop any bombs and threaten anyone with hate resets. So, in theory, you can make it so the only time u have to deal with hate resets is when u kill all the adds, and are on the MegaBoss.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-16 08:53:19  
DirectX said: »
I would say in general that success depends highly on how good your RDM is. I have experienced crazy *** noob melee RDM that care little about buffing or sleeping after the first sleepga and failing on N to doing D flawlessly by starting with a sleepga at max range (no aggro needed) and focusing sleeps and buffs/debuffs.

I mean... obviously. You'd do terribly if your whmja whips out clubs too. Or your Blu think's they're a ranger.

Do your job the right way and everyone's happy.

*No this doesn't apply to you, snowflake that came simply to argue how great a melee rdm they are, you're the best rdm ever /egostroke. I tell rdms to melee all the time, but do the thing we invited you to do first and foremost.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-16 22:01:13  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Got it down to about 10-12 mins on VD using above strats, also if your RDM is geared/aware enough, he basically negate the bomb hate reset crap by kiting the Main Nm, really saves some heartache. (been using BLU BLU WAR RDM WHM PLD tonight). Been doing Light multisteps, but Darkness seems better. SC we been using tonight:
Expiciation--->Upheaval--->Savage Blade--->(CDC or Upheaval)

Edit: If the RDM keeps the main NM away from the group of adds via Bind/grav, It will never drop any bombs and threaten anyone with hate resets. So, in theory, you can make it so the only time u have to deal with hate resets is when u kill all the adds, and are on the MegaBoss.

By killing the adds first, do you avoid dealing with a zillion Perfect Dodges by any chance?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-09-17 00:11:29  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
By killing the adds first, do you avoid dealing with a zillion Perfect Dodges by any chance?

Nope, we just keep swapping to a different add when one PDs. Still a Zillion! PLD can usually hold 2-3 max (that are awake) and live from stupid Hp steal, though we try and keep it at 2
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-09-17 10:57:11  
Hope this helps

(Farm Location)

Wajaom Woodlands(survival guide warp)
*Get on your mount
*Hug right wall(west-most wall)
*Enter at #6 Wajaom Woodlands>Aydeewa(#8 entrance can work too)

19 Qiqirn immediately upon entering zone
+2 right inside the halvung zoneline if people are overcamping

Cheers
By Afania 2017-09-17 17:40:29  

1x RDM/BLM (me)

For instance sometimes adds were waking up (failing to kill bomb, people terrored, I was midcasting other stuff) were I weren't ready to sleepga as soon as they woke up,

Just FYI, you can keep mobs at one place without ever worry about waking up and causing chaos by /SCH Manifestation > sleep II (which has longer duration than sleep/sleepga) then right before it wears off Manifestation > Bind then reapply sleep with Manifestation > sleep II. If you do it right they'll never move from original spot since bind buys you time to after they're awake.

Alternatively you can Manifestation > sleep then Manifestation > sleep II right before sleep 1 wears, although you'd have to bind them one by one due to the lack of book charges that way.

Once adds are down and with spare book charges you can use accession en-spell or phalanx on DDs for more protection or damage.

tl;dr: SCH is a better SJ for this, IMO.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-18 10:50:06  
A video of V1 on Very Difficult (not by me, but a friend on Bismarck):
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-18 11:51:49  
Afania said: »

1x RDM/BLM (me)

For instance sometimes adds were waking up (failing to kill bomb, people terrored, I was midcasting other stuff) were I weren't ready to sleepga as soon as they woke up,

Just FYI, you can keep mobs at one place without ever worry about waking up and causing chaos by /SCH Manifestation > sleep II (which has longer duration than sleep/sleepga) then right before it wears off Manifestation > Bind then reapply sleep with Manifestation > sleep II. If you do it right they'll never move from original spot since bind buys you time to after they're awake.

Alternatively you can Manifestation > sleep then Manifestation > sleep II right before sleep 1 wears, although you'd have to bind them one by one due to the lack of book charges that way.

Once adds are down and with spare book charges you can use accession en-spell or phalanx on DDs for more protection or damage.

tl;dr: SCH is a better SJ for this, IMO.
Charges have a 2 minute recharge when /SCH, so how are you using two charges every ~1:30 to ~1:50?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-09-18 12:05:46  
Did one vd

really depends on yout rdm debuffing skills - just winging it we were able to do it in 20mins - I assume with more finnese can bang them out in 15mins

Blu blu war whm rdm(me) run

Really fun fight I must say