Strat: Don't die. Nuke things.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2017-08-10 13:10:59  
I can't quite do it in 60 seconds like the OP's vid so just a couple things to keep in mind for the don't die part of the strategy:

Does a breath attack at every 10%.
  • "Rhino attack" is like normal malboro breath attacks

• Sweet breath sleeps and resets hate on whoever it hits. Used repeatedly during the fight. Does a second breath attack immediately after every sweet breath.

• Bloody breath causes doom which can be removed with cursna. The countdown is a minute or more so plenty of time to remove it. Used once at about 10%.

Thousand spears locks job abilities. Shadows block it.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-10 13:22:15  
I'll note that after a lot of runs I'm like 99% sure it only resets when the sleep lands.

Also from what I can tell breath attacks are only used after 2hr animation based on hp reductions. Generally don't go slow enough to note the points though. If you kill even semi fast all you will see are the breath attacks but if you go stupid slow you will see other moves being done based on tp like normal.

Doing something like just spamming ws that cause skillchains is also pretty effective as will either cause it too boost physical boosting your ws and by extension skillchains or boost magic and therefore your skillchains. If you balance dmgs really close you can sometimes get it to say it's boosting both at the same time. Though by the end it seems like some the boosting persist even after new message. So generally end up doing like 20-25k rng auto ws into a 50-90k skillchain so never really see the doom
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-10 18:26:33  
We use melee's doing a multi-step SC for 99K light to 99K radiance. Whole fight takes 20~30s but the zoning in and buffing takes a minute cause Asura server lag.

CDC -> Upheaval -> Savage Blade -> Upheaval brings it to 30~40% HP, repeat and it's usually dead before the last Upheaval is even done.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-10 20:44:27  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Does that requiring waiting for the 2-hour Saevel? Or you pull that off without?

Zero SP's were used, not even an Idris. The reason the above method was 60s was that they didn't even do buffs or anything and instead ran forward before the zone had even loaded. That plant gets a huge *** vulnerability to damage after it's SP animation goes off. Coordinate a multi-step SC and it'll melt super fast.

We enter, wait on the damn zone timer so the BRD can do NTM songs while the WHM does haste and the tank does their thing, BLU does their thing. After buffs we run in, GEO drops BoG Frailty and we start

Warcry
CDC -> Upheaval (AM activate) Fusion -> Savage Blade 99K Light -> Upheaval 99K Radiance. Repeat until dead.

Whole fight takes 20~30 seconds.

I've done it with a COR instead of a BLU, takes longer cause rolls can be random as *** to put up and the COR doesn't have a distortion WS so we're stuck with Upheaval -> Savage -> Upheaval.
[+]
By Afania 2017-08-10 20:49:00  
......people need to learn random deal and ja reset at moogle in ambuscade to shorten buff times....."I gonna get perfect roll" COR in ambuscade is the worst ever.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-08-11 00:17:35  
This is soloable up until normal difficulty. Main thing to watch out for is the dust cloud animation. I usually run away as it will usually do sweet breath to sleep whatever is conal in front. After Sweet Breath, it will usually do "Rhino Attack" (Bad Breath) then Bloody Breath. Sometimes it will do Bad Breath after the dust cloud. Bad Breath is the biggest problem in this fight. It can do very large damage and hits very far. I was hit for 2000 from about 30 yalms away on normal so you need to be cautious. Just kite the mob after it dust clouds and uses sweet breath so trusts have time to wake up and to avoid bad breath. The mob itself does little damage from its swings and is rather inaccurate. If you can avoid Bad Breath altogether, this fight is simple.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-08-11 00:22:28  
VD is an easy solo on summoner. Literally flaming crush and run away. Let Ifrit eat the breaths every 10% and repeat. Throw in apogee skillchains to make it even faster as the boss defense drops.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-11 00:40:23  
My LS was doing this in just under 2 minutes (with our best geo) with two DDs doing a double light (4 step) and the Geo MBing. Party setup was Pld, Whm, Drk, War, Brd and Geo. Bard used marchx2 and scherzo (to lower damage on "Rhino Attack"). We did Torcleaver > Upheaval > Resolution > Ukkos Fury, and if it wasn't dead by then one more skillchain would finish it.

Doing this with other players (different whm, brd and geo) we were still doing it between 2 and 2 1/2 minutes. We had job master DDs though, with +3 gear and afterglow mythic/relic. We would hold back for 10-20 seconds after paladin engages to let them get hate before popping Last Resort, Warcry (etc) so we could engage without grabbing hate too early.

Our War would sometimes die if the fight went on too long, but I'd always finish it off. The biggest annoyance is amnesia .. and sometimes she likes to do it back-to-back. Most fights she won't bother, but on a couple of fights we did it was constant. Aside from that and "Rhino Attack" doing 3k+ damage without Scherzo, she ain't too bad on VD. Sushi should be enough for accuracy. We got this months ambuscade finished in two nights, and it was fun while it lasted.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-11 07:28:17  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
We did Torcleaver > Upheaval > Resolution > Ukkos Fury, and if it wasn't dead by then one more skillchain would finish it.

If your WAR has Chango then use Upheaval as it's far stronger then Ukko's. Ukko's is the Victory Smite of WAR.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-11 11:18:56  
Not many Aeonics on this server .. especially during NA/EU time. So we make do with what we have .. and Ukko's was fine to keep the skillchain going for MBs. Still did the job of blasting us through this content with ease.