Random Politics & Religion #26

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #26
Random Politics & Religion #26
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 30 31 32
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-14 13:44:28  
Candlejack said: »
How am I a hatemonger when the Nazis, Neo-Nazis, and White Power Skinheads brought the hate they get on themselves of their own accord? Six billion plus Jews, countless African-Americans and gays, all dead by their hands? Nausi and KN are really ok with endorsing and approving of all that happening without some kind of punishment?
There's a difference between endorsing/approving a message and allowing a message to be said.

See, you are perfectly capable in this country to be a complete jackass. Not only are there laws that prevent people from silencing you (assault laws, or worse), and there are laws that prevents the government from silencing you (1st amendment).

You can continue to say the hatemonger things you want to say, and the only thing I can do is not pay any attention to you when you say them. If I pay attention to you, even in protest, I'm giving you unneeded power in your message (as since you are a major troll, that's what your real goal is).

This isn't a black/white argument. I don't listen to Nazi propaganda (at least, not as much as you do, obviously). That doesn't mean that, by not demanding that they be silenced, I'm approving/endorsing said messages.

No, you are doing that, by giving them power in their words.

The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-14 13:52:18  
No they don't.

They don't even make up .00001%.

But if you want to make generalizations like that, then all liberals/democrats are really closet Antifa members and anarchists. True traitors and terrorists to America.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-08-14 14:15:31  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No they don't.

But if you want to make generalizations like that, then all liberals/democrats are really closet Antifa members and anarchists. True traitors and terrorists to America.

The difference between the right and the left is that the right does not let their extremists speak for them while the left does and excuses them.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-14 14:22:04  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I'm also well aware that not all white Trump supporters are Neo-Nazis, Skinheads, and Klansmen, but they do make up a rather significant chunk of white Trump supporters.
That's inaccurate, if you said the majority of the people within these groups support Trump then it would probably be true, there's not -that many- of them, well at least I hope.
I would be willing to say that there are many Trump supporters who hold racist viewpoints but who are NOT in anything like the KKK or the proud boys. I certainly hope that they are a minority of his supporters.

I do wonder how many supporters Trump's performance this weekend cost him.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-14 14:24:54  
GoDaddy and Google expel Daily Stormer over victim smear

Quote:
A notorious US neo-Nazi website is being forced to switch domain name providers for a second time in a day after it disparaged a woman who died during protests in Virginia.

On Monday morning, the Daily Stormer was given 24 hours to move by GoDaddy.

The site was then briefly registered via Google before it acted likewise....
There's more.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-14 14:43:44  
As much as I deplore it it is still free speech.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-14 15:08:26  
How am I a hatemonger when the Nazis, Neo-Nazis, and White Power Skinheads brought the hate they get on themselves of their own accord? Six billion plus Jews, countless African-Americans and gays, all dead by their hands? Nausi and KN are really ok with endorsing and approving of all that happening without some kind of punishment?
CJ is a walking example of how successful the left's rhetoric of "Trump supporters are Nazis" is.

Step one: Normalize punching Nazis
Step two: Call everyone who disagrees with you a Nazi
Step three: Blame all the violence on the ones that deserve to be hit.

Nazi's still have the right to free speech, and if you plan on counter protesting without permits and with flamethrowers and clubs, you're part of the problem.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-08-14 15:11:32  
Odin.Slore said: »

The greatest irony is that so many on the left believe that by attacking free speech they're stopping fascism.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-14 15:17:43  
That's because liberalism is/should be a certified mental disorder.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-14 15:17:51  
Nausi said: »
No they don't.

The difference between the right and the left is that the right does not let their extremists speak for them while the left does and excuses them.

Because the typical leftist is closer to being Antifa (or similar) than the typical right winger is to being a white supremacist. It hits too close to home for the Left.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-14 15:20:04  
By Nausi 2017-08-14 15:20:49  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
No they don't.

Because the typical leftist is closer to being Antifa (or similar) than the typical right winger is to being a white supremacist. It hits too close to home for the Left.

That is the end result of decades of "identiy politics".
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-14 15:39:29  
Yeah, no one's free speech is being violated. Leave it to you guys to feel personally victimized by a white supremacist rally.
By Blazed1979 2017-08-14 15:42:49  
Six billion plus Jews
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, a million, a thousand million, a bajillion!

Why I don't participate in these threads anymore.

Its not that people here can't count or don't know the difference between a million and a billion, its that you don't read history.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-14 15:54:17  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Yeah, no one's free speech is being violated. Leave it to you guys to feel personally victimized by a white supremacist rally.

Making things up to make themselves feel better/elevate themselves is what they do best. Its all they have done for the last 3 days to justify a Nazi invasion into a peaceful city in Virginia.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-08-14 16:46:38  
Viciouss said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Making things up to make themselves feel better/elevate themselves is what they do best. Its all they have done for the last 3 days to justify a Nazi invasion into a peaceful city in Virginia.

It's been a long time since I've heard the two of you so happy. Nothing like violence and death at a white supremacist rally to bring out your cheerful side.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-14 16:51:50  

The greatest irony is that so many on the left believe that by attacking free speech they're stopping fascism.

Speech is only protected when it supports their religious ideology. The only ones who deserve free speech are those that agree with the radical left.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-14 19:03:44  
Now, would you be ok if they start doing it to BLM and Antifa websites too?

They are the same degree of extremism. Doesn't matter if you agree with them or not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-14 19:18:41  
Sure, go nuts. No one agrees with that except alt right nazi apologists so good luck.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-14 19:24:58  
I don't think you understand this 1st admendment stuff.

Nazi's still have the right to free speech, and if you plan on counter protesting without permits and with flamethrowers and clubs, you're part of the problem.
On this we agree.

Or even with permits. Has there ever been a fully permetted demonstration and counter demonstration that has gotten ugly? Oh **** yes. I have been in more than one.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-08-14 19:49:32  
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-14 19:56:55  
I have to give these events in North Carolina some credit, though. Given how disjointed and nonsensical the discussion has been in here, we're reaching a low point that we haven't seen in quite a while.

If I had to rate us as a whole on a sliding scale, I'd say we're only about seven notches above Candlejack in terms of the quality of our posts.

Make P&R abysmal again!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 30 31 32