users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI finally in high quality graphics
FFXI finally in high quality graphics
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 22 23 24
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-16 14:18:21  
Eh VMWare Workstation has really shitty 3D acceleration support, it's better then nothing but nowhere clear to native. It's best if you use Direct IO mapping to pass a dedicated 3D graphics card to it, but then you use access to that card on the host system which kinda defeats the purpose of VMWare. Linux OS's have a sort of pseudo pass through option that lets you host maintain control of the card while letting the guest think it has full access.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By shubb1282 2018-09-08 23:03:14  
Still using WIP35 or would it be better to use the rerelease of 2-55-3 from last month?

edit: kinda read through the thread backwards, disregard.
By Aerix 2018-09-27 23:54:30  
Does anybody know if setting VRAM to 3072 MB with an 8GB card helps or if I should stick to 512 MB or 1024 MB while triboxing in 4K?
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-09-28 00:23:39  
unless they changed it, vram caps at 1024 for voodoo
By Aerix 2018-09-28 00:26:37  
You can enter a custom number rather than use the dropdown menu. Any number above 3072 MB doesn't get saved, though. And I'm not sure if it even does anything, 3072 MB feels the same as 1024 MB.

Edit: The reason I'm asking is cause I get very noticecable FPS drops in some fights while multiboxing which aren't present without dgvoodoo. Without it I usually stay around 57 FPS and drop to 50 FPS at most, with dgvoodoo I'm at 57 under normal circumstances, but as soon as battle effects start appearing, I sometimes drop as low as 30 FPS.

Filtering and MSAA are set to "App Driven" and Fast video memory access is enabled. I'm using an 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ for reference.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Wenuden 2018-09-29 01:29:40  
Windows 7
I5-2400
ATI Radeon HD 4600 w/ 4gb ram
Windower
D3D/DGVoodoo/config in POL folder
_43/7 in sysWow64
Default settings

POL crashes at version check, crash report points to Hook.dll. Exceptions for POL/syswow64 folders in anti-virus.

I can't seem to find any "unblock" options on any file properties. Is that just a Windows 10 thing?

Post deleted by User.
By kaiju9 2018-10-13 22:31:42  
Not a dgvoodoo question, but since this thread is focused on graphical performance, I'll ask here...

Assuming dgvoodoo is used, what kind of computer specs (GPU, etc) does FFXI need to comfortably run 2-3 instances at 60 fps (not 4k)?

Also, are there any issues these days getting FFXI/Windower/dgvoodoo working on Windows 10?
By DaDrifter 2018-10-14 09:42:14  
How do you remove that dgVoodoo logo that appears on the bottom right corner over the character name. I have unselected the watermark but it still appears.
By DanielH 2018-10-14 10:23:12  
DaDrifter said: »
How do you remove that dgVoodoo logo that appears on the bottom right corner over the character name. I have unselected the watermark but it still appears.
It's probably using a different conf file on load.

I fixed this by deleting the .conf file in the directory of dgVoodooCpl.exe, then restarting the EXE as Admin and editing the default .conf file which is in AppData/Roaming/dgVoodoo/ just editing it wouldn't work until I deleted the .conf in the directory.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xylus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: DaDrifter
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2018-10-15 06:50:47  
DanielH said: »
DaDrifter said: »
It's probably using a different conf file on load.

I fixed this by deleting the .conf file in the directory of dgVoodooCpl.exe, then restarting the EXE as Admin and editing the default .conf file which is in AppData/Roaming/dgVoodoo/ just editing it wouldn't work until I deleted the .conf in the directory.

Worked like a champ. Much thanks.,
By benjaman 2018-10-20 02:59:03  
Just used the guide on page 18. Thank you!!!!
By wibley 2018-11-01 22:02:16  
Having Trouble maintaining 60fps in any way. If I uncap my frames it jumps up and character runs at super speed but travels normal distance (tiny steps). I try frameratedivisor 1 and it seems I act slowly in any place where there is loading of any sort involved but anywhere else it works great, except for the slow character animation while running kind of thing.

I saw a video of 4k 60fps and looked amazing, i know my pc can handle this but have not found a way to make this work! :(
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-11-01 23:03:02  
wibley said: »
Having Trouble maintaining 60fps in any way. If I uncap my frames it jumps up and character runs at super speed but travels normal distance (tiny steps). I try frameratedivisor 1 and it seems I act slowly in any place where there is loading of any sort involved but anywhere else it works great, except for the slow character animation while running kind of thing.

I saw a video of 4k 60fps and looked amazing, i know my pc can handle this but have not found a way to make this work! :(

Are you using FastCS?
By Jicent 2018-11-28 05:34:13  
So I upgraded windows to the newest version theoctober update 1809 and it broke dgvoodoo for me. Anyone else have this issue too?
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-12-03 17:59:04  
Used the guide on page 18 and I get a crash when it tries to go from POL to the game. It sends me right back to POL.

Did anyone have a similar issue and know a fix?

Edit: Fixed this by putting the actual cpl launcher file inside POL too, and then made a new config file in there with it.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2018-12-12 21:36:22  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
wibley said: »

Are you using FastCS?
I am... is that why I'm stuck at about 28 fps?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2018-12-12 21:47:13  
...........yep, that was it all along.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2018-12-12 23:19:47  
I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct place to ask, but for whatever reason, updating my graphics cards from a GTX 570 to an RX 580 made it so whenever brd songs are present on screen, my fps crashes down to about 3-5 for a few seconds until the songs go away. Is there a fix for that?

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
By Dsuza 2019-03-04 20:46:51  
Hey guys, just got around to finally giving this a shot today.

A couple of things I noticed so far that I would appreciate some help with:

Mobs like Damselflys, Mosquito's, etc. - Their wings just go from up, to down. What I mean is, there is no animation in between while they are flapping their wings. First you see them up, then down, etc.

Also, bard songs are extremely laggy, and, sometimes when I am running, my char slows down (kind of like a slow motion video) and then speeds up again. Also, menus, such as, on the auction house, take a bit longer to pop too. I don't mean items take longer to load, which is common no matter what. I mean the menus themselves, which I have never came across before installing Voodoo.

Any ideas what setting(s) is causing this to happen, and could use some adjustment?

Thanks in advance for your time and help

*Edit*

I wanted to just add I followed all of the steps and did the setting on the guide that is on Page 18, everything including the things in Nvidia control panel, etc.

Also I am using a TV to play the game on in 4k resolution
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2019-03-26 20:53:18  
I have a Nvidia 940M on my laptop and with dgvoodoo2 I cant seem to get over 25 fps. Is this common? Should I expect more with a 940? I am looking at getting a laptop with a 1060 anyhow, but I would like to get 60 fps on this if I can.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2019-03-27 13:38:55  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
I have a Nvidia 940M on my laptop and with dgvoodoo2 I cant seem to get over 25 fps. Is this common? Should I expect more with a 940? I am looking at getting a laptop with a 1060 anyhow, but I would like to get 60 fps on this if I can.

I would like to know if this is possible too. I run at 30 FPS but I can’t seem to reach 60 FPS with a 1060. :(
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-03-27 15:05:33  
I don't think getting a better graphics card will help too much with ffxi, since it is a very old game, not needing much requirements. However, this game has been known to act different for certain graphics card types, and I think Nvidia was one of them, i'm not 100% sure.

I have a 1050 on a PC and I am able to run at a constant 60 fps, zones like Mhaura or Por Jeuno Mog house I am normally stuck around 30-45 fps mark.

Have a look at your settings for DGvoodoo and make sure they are configured correctly. And in-game settings, which may sound dumb, but just have a 2nd look.
By Pilipinoboi 2019-03-27 15:40:46  
On Windower use the following:

//config FrameRateDivisor 1 = 60 FPS cap
//config FrameRateDivisor 2 = 30 FPS cap (Standard)
//config FrameRateDivisor 3 = Uncapped FPS

Obviously press F12 to see where you're sitting at FPS wise and to see if it loaded/worked properly.
-------

As previously mentioned, DGVoodoo and in-game settings do have to be configured.

I've played with all 3 Frame Rates and at times, I've loaded so fast in the screen my character just floats and does their movements like he were in panicked breathing etc.

I decided to stick to the standard frame rate even if my graphics card can handle higher with all HD mods/zones loaded.

Hope that helps.
 Phoenix.Notfizban
user: awdmonk
By Phoenix.Notfizban 2019-04-16 14:13:51  
I've been at this for almost 3 hours and I've run out of troubleshooting ideas. Someone tell me what I'm missing.

Firstly, laptop running:
Win10 64bit
I5-8300 @ 2.3GHZ
GTX1050 4GB, Dx12
Windower 4.3
DGV 2.55.4.1

DLL files are in the correct place and all files and .exe's are unblocked from Norton. Followed the install on page 18 just now and restarted the machine. 13 fps in Mhaura and no watermark, which is exactly what I started with.

I did move the config file buy cut/paste into the PoL folder, and it does update, verified by timestamp. It didn't update in the PoL folder if I copied it and would only save to the original 'user' folder I did not move the MS/3DFX folders to PoL.

Do i have to move the Splash dll's? I didn't specifically see a 'Yes' for that anywhere. I don't have any startup crashes, but it will crash during shutdown about 50% of the time since the DGV install.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2019-04-16 15:32:06  
Phoenix.Notfizban said: »
I've been at this for almost 3 hours and I've run out of troubleshooting ideas. Someone tell me what I'm missing.

Firstly, laptop running:
Win10 64bit
I5-8300 @ 2.3GHZ
GTX1050 4GB, Dx12
Windower 4.3
DGV 2.55.4.1

DLL files are in the correct place and all files and .exe's are unblocked from Norton. Followed the install on page 18 just now and restarted the machine. 13 fps in Mhaura and no watermark, which is exactly what I started with.

I did move the config file buy cut/paste into the PoL folder, and it does update, verified by timestamp. It didn't update in the PoL folder if I copied it and would only save to the original 'user' folder I did not move the MS/3DFX folders to PoL.

Do i have to move the Splash dll's? I didn't specifically see a 'Yes' for that anywhere. I don't have any startup crashes, but it will crash during shutdown about 50% of the time since the DGV install.

• Run dgVoodooSetup.exe (As Administrator) from within PlayOnlineViewer folder.

• Click on the DirectX tab.

• Now check the box that says "Disable and passthru to real DirectX".

• Click Apply.

• Keep dgVoodooSetup.exe open.

• Launch POL/Windower

• Once PlayOnline Viewer is launched, but before you launch FFXI, switch back to dgVoodooSetup.exe and uncheck the "Disable and passthru to real DirectX" and click Apply.

• Now launch FFXI.

Enjoy!

*You have to keep the dgVoodooSetup.exe open, and when you launch POL Viewer, you have to disable/passthru DirectX, and once the POL Viewer is up, you can go back and re-enable the DirectX wrapper.
 Phoenix.Notfizban
user: awdmonk
By Phoenix.Notfizban 2019-04-17 11:51:53  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Enjoy!

I'm trying but the new laptop isn't cooperating. I think your method worked for about 2 seconds. During a black loading screen, FPS shot up to 55-60, and then right back down to mid teens when I zoned in. It had never gone above 33 FPS before. I guess i should ask, is the mid-teens in an area with about 30-40 character models all i should expect? I'm pretty much tech illiterate at my age, but it seems it should be higher than that.

I did come across a few people who thought a Windower addon may have caused them problems. Has that been addressed with the newest version of DGV?
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2019-04-18 01:47:00  
Phoenix.Notfizban said: »
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Enjoy!

I'm trying but the new laptop isn't cooperating. I think your method worked for about 2 seconds. During a black loading screen, FPS shot up to 55-60, and then right back down to mid teens when I zoned in. It had never gone above 33 FPS before. I guess i should ask, is the mid-teens in an area with about 30-40 character models all i should expect? I'm pretty much tech illiterate at my age, but it seems it should be higher than that.

I did come across a few people who thought a Windower addon may have caused them problems. Has that been addressed with the newest version of DGV?

Can you cross-check the following please:

In dgVoodoo 2.55.3 (ran as administrator)
Under general tab, check 'Adaptors to use / enable' is set to 'all of them'
Under DirectX tab, check VRAM is set to 1024, check Texturing and Antialiasing(MSAA) are both set to app driven.
tick the box 'fast video memory access'
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 22 23 24