Scholars Unite!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Scholars Unite!
Scholars Unite!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-26 21:43:55  
Antipika said:
Timing is related to the spell not the mob :< People already tried on AV. Got 25% down with 7 SCH.

So why not 9? I beleive the article even stated that one guy was playing 5 of them or something. Couldn't you get near perfect timing like that? That's still kinda insane though. Could kill AV fast like that
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 21:49:02  
Why not 9 ? Cause they failed at timing, probably too tight. Just reading thread on BG. People did tests there already.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-09-26 21:51:21  
In theory, if this works so well, why not kill PW too?

You'd just need a more creative setup.

12 SCH or so for first form, then rotate SCH for JA timer?

And an add PT for lamps.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-26 21:52:02  
Dasva said:
Caiyuo said:
Kirin would've been a very cool test for this and seems pretty realistic. I guess if they *** up considering there's only 9 of them in total they'd have lost a Kirin pop set, though. lol I still think it's really impressive as a proof of concept video.

Kirin is one mob this wouldn't work on thanks to it's high int. Have you tried helixing kirin? It's just sad
That's true, I'd forgotten all about that. I believe ..who was that annoying little taru BLM on KI that did that praised Quake II merits? Anyway, I remember him saying Helixs were landing for 0, so I guess even with etudes and potions the numbers would be too low for the multiplicity to matter. ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-26 21:52:53  
Meh AV drops>>>>PW drops
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 21:59:01  

This is what you get on a real HNM. Fail with 9 SCH. Still awesome damage. Would need 11 SCH for Hydra.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-26 22:39:40  
Hard to tell on this but looks like that is almost 50%. So even if you can't get timing down do it twice and win. Sure beats a long drawn out battle. Just have a whole bunch of guys that spend 99% of the time healing and supporting then bam alot of dmg with little hate
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 22:44:38  
32K damage, and hydra is 50% MDB. On something like hydra, you "could" (2 consecutive success = very hard tho). Could kill AV with 9 SCH (helix do 120+) since AV doesn't have 50%. Except that nobody managed to ever get the timing right.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-09-26 22:47:19  
Just thought it to be interesting to note, although insanely unlikely, if all scholars managed to get Modus Veritas off in the window, with 18 scholars it's possible to have 1 tick for around 26 million damage...
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 22:49:24  
Yeah and that's with a base 100dmg lol. Can get 200 base on some monsters. Sup 52M dmg. Enjoy your server crash ?
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-09-26 22:52:14  
This is why Death Blossom was made.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-26 22:52:41  
Lol the sch in my limbus ls regularly hit over 200 on omega sometimes a decent amount over. And yep we heard about it each time lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-26 22:53:28  
Cheyne said:

Nope. Death blossom is pure magic evasion. It effects resistance not dmg.
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-09-26 22:58:53  
Dasva said:
Cheyne said:

Exactly, maybe help land Helix? idk :c I'm sleepy.

Also idk anything about sch.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-26 22:59:56  
Antipika said:
Yeah and that's with a base 100dmg lol. Can get 200 base on some monsters. Sup 52M dmg. Enjoy your server crash ?
Dx If only the damage numbers were in the battle log somehow instead of the instant damage reflection. Zerg DRKs would just walk away and quit forever. lol ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-26 23:00:36  
Cheyne said:
Dasva said:
Cheyne said:

Exactly, maybe help land Helix? idk :c I'm sleepy.

Also idk anything about sch.

The problem wasn't about resistance especially since you can just ES. It was MDB which directly cuts all sources of magic dmg regardless
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-09-26 23:09:05  
Caiyuo said:
Antipika said:
Dx If only the damage numbers were in the battle log somehow instead of the instant damage reflection. Zerg DRKs would just walk away and quit forever. lol ;

Maybe not completely become outdated, but I imagine seeing a lot more 'sch zergs' in the near future.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-26 23:15:14  
Seeing how it's hard to pull off something with 8/9 SCH I really doubt it :< And 7 SCH would considerably lower the damage. ~120 helix on a HNM without MDB, that's 15K :x Well better than nothing for sure, still that's only like 2 round of nuke.

Cannot talk really about burn. And if the NM got average/low HP, you can just straight manaburn it. (like UFO, nothing prevents you to get SCH+BLM, time nuke, and boom.)

Gotta keep in consideration that nobody did succeed on first try and nobody was -apparently- able to succeed several time in a row. It's not a move you can pull off like a KC zerg or an easy MB+timenuke.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-09-26 23:17:57  
Up until today, I thought the timing would be up to a third party/bot program, but now I'm not sure what'll happen
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-26 23:31:08  
Cheyne said:
In theory, if this works so well, why not kill PW too?

Multiple forms, though it could be used on the final form.

Antipika said:
Timing is related to the spell not the mob

I see you don't play SCH and didn't read the thread.

Helix tics occur at ~10s intervals on a timer that is dependent on the mob, not the time the spell is casted. Wacky but true. If you can determine when the tic will occur (relatively simple), you can cast a Helix to land shortly before that time and then pop a bunch of fully merited MV's to literally 1-shot it. Not 9 kclub drks whacking on it, literally 1-shot. Well, 2-shot if you include the damage when the helix actually lands.

9 fully merited MVs give you a ~3.4s window to trigger them all within. That's a lot less time than it sounds like given all the ways this could go wrong.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-09-26 23:40:32  
I still love how this can potentially blow the "drk zerg end of all strategies" out of the water, when properly done.
I suppose that mentality will never fade, because people would rather spend millions of gil on kclubs and mkris's insteadof actually thinking of strategies
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-26 23:48:25  
The problem is the "when properly done" part. You could manage it somewhat reliably with luck or a decent script provided latency was fairly equal among those involved (or compensated for accordingly), but nailing this is no mean feat. KClub zergs are significantly more foolproof on most mobs, the difference is that this has the power to potentially down AV.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-09-26 23:52:58  
Nightfyre said:
The problem is the "when properly done" part. You could manage it somewhat reliably with luck or a decent script provided latency was fairly equal among those involved (or compensated for accordingly), but nailing this is no mean feat. KClub zergs are significantly more foolproof on most mobs, the difference is that this has the power to potentially down AV.

Fool being the key word, drk zergs are of a lazy sense of strategy.(i can think of one drk zerg fool in particular >_>)

Also, I'm not saying it would be easy, just seeing new ideas is nice.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-27 00:08:16  
lulz, it's Kaeko: http://kanican.livejournal.com/41053.html
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-27 00:28:03  
Daimos said:
Fool being the key word, drk zergs are of a lazy sense of strategy.(i can think of one drk zerg fool in particular >_>)

Also, I'm not saying it would be easy, just seeing new ideas is nice.

It's not even new. People, myself included, have been kicking this ***around for months. The only thing that kept this underground was apathy and lack of general knowledge of MV mechanics. Those who did test it aggressively kept their results quiet for various reasons that should be fairly obvious.

Now that the cat's out of the bag there's probably a general sense of disappointment by those who knew - this may be patched before it's ever used successfully against AV. I know that's the general sentiment from those posting in the BG thread right now, don't know how any lurkers might feel.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-27 08:49:34  
Nightfyre said:
I see you don't play SCH and didn't read the thread.

Helix tics occur at ~10s intervals on a timer that is dependent on the mob, not the time the spell is casted. Wacky but true. If you can determine when the tic will occur (relatively simple), you can cast a Helix to land shortly before that time and then pop a bunch of fully merited MV's to literally 1-shot it. Not 9 kclub drks whacking on it, literally 1-shot. Well, 2-shot if you include the damage when the helix actually lands.

9 fully merited MVs give you a ~3.4s window to trigger them all within. That's a lot less time than it sounds like given all the ways this could go wrong.

Ain't gonna teach me how it works. Still the timing window is related to the spell, not to the mob. I'm not talking about when, I'm talking about window duration. Get it right.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-27 08:53:04  
Nightfyre said:

It's not even new. People, myself included, have been kicking this ***around for months.

Now that the cat's out of the bag there's probably a general sense of disappointment by those who knew - this may be patched before it's ever used successfully against AV. I know that's the general sentiment from those posting in the BG thread right now, don't know how any lurkers might feel.

Well they had months to try to do it right! Everything end up known by the majority at some point.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-27 10:33:48  
I think this idea about Modus Veritas has been around for awhile, but not many people have gotten together to try it. It's not exactly something you can shout for in Whitegate either.

How many SCHs do you know who have gone and fully merited Modus Veritas?
 Pandemonium.Yov
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2009-09-27 11:06:34  
How many idiots are already exping sch thinking "omgI'mgonnabeleetandpwnHNMsinnotime"

/waits on SCHONLY LS.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-27 11:12:44  
Yeah, this has been around for months.

That being said, besides the obvious difficulties stated, to this day, I have never seen more than 15 SCHs online at one time, and never more than 9 75s.