Wanting To Pick Up A New Game..

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » wanting to pick up a new game..
wanting to pick up a new game..
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-25 19:35:09  
was wanting to pick up a new game for my 360. debating Batman: Arkham Asylum or Halo: ODST. i played the demo for batman, and it was pretty cool. i liked the directional fighting. I'm not a real big fan of Halo games, the story was okay, but i'm not to into futuristic weapons. i hear odst is supposed to play completely different than the other games. anyhow, any input would be appreciated.

also, has anyone played Champions Online yet, not sure if beta happened yet or not. curious if its any good. i played city of heroes/villains, but nothing really hooked me to keep me on after trial expired.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-25 19:37:16  
I played a bit of batman and i gotta admit it's pretty good. Some of the riddles are hard to think about but make you go "ohhhhhhhh".

I also would be up to some game suggestions... i bought dead rising again out of boredom and to prepare for dead rising 2 :D
 Shiva.Wetton
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Wetton 2009-09-25 19:38:50  
The CO beta was okay, according to what I've heard a launch day patch pretty much ruined it.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-25 19:45:43  
I have em both. And it depends how you'd play it. If you want a complete single player experience, it's Batman. Hands down. The story is overall better, the controls work moreless flawless, and if you're a DC comic fan, it fits like a glove. If you're not, you will be instantly brought up to speed when a character is intoduced with a bio. The riddles without a guide are challenging and could have you scratching your head for a few hours. However, once the game ends...there is *nothing* to do except find them. The post game experience of it is horrible.

Halo ODST single player is short. Really short. I did a rampage through Heroic with three others, and ended it in about two hours. Including some cutscenes. It was made as an expansion, so that says a lot. It shines in multiplayer though. Firefight is roflfun. It's like Gears of War's Horde mode, except with skulls, tons of sticky grenades and lasers. Shoothing them into a Wraith or Banshee while yelling "SPARTA!" optional. The second disk included is the old Halo 3 multiplayer experience which includes EVERY downloadable map, including three new ones.

Single player, Batman. Multiplayer, ODST. Your call.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-25 19:50:08  
isn't there some multiplayer in batman? i dunno, i see that there's some DLC maps or whatever. i've been either playing ff or cod:waw or at work, sleep optional, so i'm kinda outta the loop lol.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-25 19:54:02  
Batman has zeeeero multiplayer. The maps are challenge maps. You either are "predator" mode and silently off enemies with guns, or combat modes where you fight waves of enemies hand to hand. No multiplayer at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Thalos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Thalos 2009-09-25 20:10:43  
Left 4 Dead 2 is coming out soon as well. Awesome looking game.
 Seraph.Majinn
サーバ: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-09-25 20:20:36  
Should checkout "Operation Flahspoint: Dragon Rising". I enjoyed the original Flashpoint so it's a given for me to get this. Unfortunately a demo is scheduled to release after the full-game is released and I don't quite know your tastes for games so you may want to wait until the demo is released.

Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-09-26 09:32:42  
Arkham Asylum is easily the best game I've played this year. I picked up the PS3 version for the Joker challenge maps, but the 360 version is the same other than that. The game has everything, awesome gameplay, graphics, story, and especially voice acting. Tons of extra stuff to do, too, like hunting down all of the Riddler's riddles, trying to beat all the objectives in the challenge maps, plus more free downloadable maps.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-27 23:22:18  
i decided to go with batman, solely just cuz a story/game that i can dive into and isn't just the repitive shoot here thing is kinda what i'm looking for. also paid off the rest of my reserve on Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition. and yes i was a sucker for NV goggles.

as far as some of the others mentioned, i didn't really like the original Flashpoint. i had graphics cranked and they were still crap. also the AI seemed to be lacking, but design wise it was really good. i do have to admit that that trailer for the new one looks amazing though.