フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - may 2017
Ambuscade Volume 1 - may 2017
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Starfishsky
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 02:42:31  
tried the V1 this month on "very easy" mode, ( 200 hallmark reward). my gear isn't the best, so others may fare even better than me.

it's antica, has anyone seen this one last year i wonder? any info on the Difficult mode..

this is what i noticed on the Very Easy mode, there is a few adds, they don't spawn initially but probably when the boss drops lower. i decided to kill them, in case they buff the boss. on this mode they died in 1 weapon skill so i assume they had only 8k health or so, probably more health and more adds in more dificult modes.

he seems to have very high crit at lower health, not sure if its mighty strikes or what.

i recorded this video :
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-10 02:52:39  
D: Spawns 2 adds of each Antica class (WAR, THF, RNG, PLD, BLM)
VD: Spawns 3 adds of each Antica class

Even on VD, adds usually die in 1 WS if proper buffs/debuffs are up. Adds aren't respawned if killed. Adds are immune to lullaby.

Cactuar can do 10k needles on VD. He runs by and does it maybe every 20 seconds. He dies along with killing the main boss. The fight really doesn't seem bad. Only issue we had was Sodstorm 1-shotting people on multiple occasions even with Flabra Valiance. Not sure if it was simply different people getting different resist states or if there's something more to the ability, since the damage people took varied wildly, from the RUN taking 147 damage to the WHM in full Inyanga taking 3055 damage with Scherzo. Will most likely start bringing a SMN to Astral Conduit Earthen Armor stack with Scherzo. He appears to always use Sodstorm immediately following Sand Trap. Everything else in the fight is rather simple; adds don't do any damage to a RUN using Epeo with a good Phalanx and wearing a Hybrid set.

Bed time for me, but I imagine RUN, DD, BRD, GEO, SMN, WHM should handle this fight rather easily presuming EA/Scherzo are effective in consistently reducing Sodstorm to manageable damage.
[+]
 Asura.Starfishsky
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 02:57:56  
if i am not mistaken this is the same fight as sept last year , ands here are tactics https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/50xals/ambuscade/

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Cactuar can do 10k needles on VD.
how do u avoid it? stack to reduce the dmg i guess?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-10 03:00:53  
Asura.Starfishsky said: »
if i am not mistaken this is the same fight as sept last year , ands here are tactics https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/50xals/ambuscade/
This is a brand new fight. The post you linked was the fight that we just had last month, which was indeed a repeated fight from last year.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-10 03:05:45  
how do u avoid it? stack to reduce the dmg i guess?
Yes. 6 people + bubble makes it do low enough damage to deal with. WHM can preemptively cast a Curaga as well since it's obvious when he's about to do it since he stops running around the arena and charges it.
 Asura.Starfishsky
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 03:13:04  
which bubble? geo-Wilt? ( attack down for enemy ) or some other one?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-10 03:15:51  
time to bring out the ceremonial daggers
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-10 03:19:48  
can't wait to manawall burn this. Should be fun :)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-10 03:22:24  
pet jobs will likely do pretty well
 Asura.Starfishsky
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 03:24:35  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
This is a brand new fight. The post you linked was the fight that we just had last month, which was indeed a repeated fight from last year.

what bar element spell do u think i need? just about to go in and try healing the normal/difficult mode now.

antica so i assume barstonra?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-10 03:25:46  
barstone+barpetrify if it uses the petrify AoE TP move.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-10 03:28:22  
Sandstorm is dark based sadly, but sand trap and magnetite cloud, if they use that, is earth based.
By Staleyx 2017-05-10 03:37:24  
Killing adds do anything or not required?

Never mind I see needed for win
 Fenrir.Aisaka
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-10 04:25:26  
Cactuar does 2000 Needles on Normal, 4000 Needles on Difficult.
 Asura.Starfishsky
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 04:32:48  
just did normal mode, our dps didnt bring down all the adds in time, and EES did 1 shot one of our dps. they decided to leave 2 PLDs without killing them.

as a whm i stacked with the party in fear of cacture neeldes

gonna give Difficult mode a try now
 Asura.Starfishsky
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 05:27:28  
anyone got decent place for KI? so far we go quicksand caves HP2, then go outside, back in from the secret tunnel, and to the quicksand caves again. if u know a shorter path to EP antica let us know pls :)
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-05-10 05:31:35  
I took VW warp to quicksand caves, quickest route I can find so far.
 Asura.Starfishsky
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 05:39:47  
ye i thought of the vw warp. but sadly even tho i got my Ashen Stratum Abyssite I but there is no teleports..
 Fenrir.Aisaka
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kari
By Fenrir.Aisaka 2017-05-10 05:45:53  
So, sometimes the Antican boss takes SIGNIFCANTLY more damage than normal, and I can't figure out why. Like sometimes my WSs are doing 3x-4x more damage, and other times I do regular damage the entire fight. I thought maybe it had something to do with the Cactuar but nothing I've tried replicates it.

[edit] I think it takes more damage when the Cactuar is nearby, but can't say for sure. Just randomly pulling 75k Rudras +99k Darkness out of nowhere, and I'm not very geared.
 Asura.Starfishsky
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-10 06:32:39  
trying difficult mode for the first time, our geo went with indi-wilt as the only geo defence spell, things went perfect till standstorm hit for 3k , the boss was went down to 30% and we wiped...

Asura.Neufko said: »
Sandstorm is dark based sadly, but sand trap and magnetite cloud, if they use that, is earth based.
testing geo-vex/atune +dark carol ii , lets see if this works..

update: with geo-vex/atune + dark carol ii , sandstorm still did 1.4k and killed some of us .

my next idea is to try the new buffed up Pining Nocturne song... clearly 1.4k should not kill us, but combined with other attacks such as the needles, some will die.
By Ruaumoko 2017-05-10 08:08:09  
For some bizarre, and awesome reason, Leg Sweep lands fully unresisted on the Bozzetto Consul (MB). I managed to stun-lock it from 95% to dead with three uses, preventing all of its AoE attacks.

Adds are still summoned even if attacks like Sand Trap are stunned though, so need to deal with them still. However, since the MB is vulnerable to stun it stands to reason that its helpers are as well. Anvil Lightning could wreck them, or at least damage/stun them long enough for a DRG or WAR or whatever to land an AoE/Conal WS and finish them off.

Will make a VD recording later on.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-10 08:59:27  
Share your Leg Sweep set as well together with your video please!
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-05-10 09:10:39  
Nice Ruau
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-05-10 10:47:36  
I was told by a friend recently that leg sweep in full Flamma set has as insane stun duration on it.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-10 10:49:42  
Ruau specifically mentioned Flamma's MACC when he posted that video about stun locking Sinister Reign bosses.
 Asura.Blitzjr
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-05-10 11:30:28  
Anyone confirmed when it takes extra damage?
 Asura.Blitzjr
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-05-10 11:59:40  
Ok confirmed when casting needles damage is higher.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-05-10 17:19:48  
Consul : WAR
Valiant : PLD
Magister : BLM
Stalker : THF (high evasion)
Hunter : RNG
They can SP.

Sodstorm is physical and can deal heavy damage during Mighty Strikes, it seems to bypass EA+Scherzo but is absorbed by shadows. Boss rarely has the time to use it or to summon all its adds ("The call goes unheeded!" message will appear) if you zerg/stun it.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-10 17:47:21  
is boos susceptible to all forms of stuns?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-10 17:58:50  
Quote:
Boss rarely has the time to use it or to summon all its adds

Thats Pappese speak btw

Translation: 95% of you will die a horrible death and wonder what went wrong.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4