Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 58 59 60
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 06:12:31  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What else is there? Oh, right, nothing but a false document that our ex-FBI director relied so much on.
You know this how?
With a highly leaky FBI, there has been no evidence leaked other than that dossier.

Or are you going to infer that there A) has not been any leaks from the FBI/US government or B) there's some "super secret" evidence that somehow every bureaucrat in the US government somehow missed except for Comey and/or the FBI in a US government that relaxed how classified information is shared throughout the entire government prior to Obama leaving for the sole purpose of leaking such information to the public.

Seriously, with the lack of any leaked evidence to say otherwise, the only thing Comey ever had was a fake dossier that was so obvious that any competent investigator would have outright dismissed it, instead of paying the author of said investigator more money to make ***up again.

Would you like for me to make ***up about you, give it to the FBI, and have them investigate you on grounds of illegal activity?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-11 06:32:30  
That's not anything approaching logical reasoning. How is your assertion that the FBI has nothing different from other people's assertion that Trump is done for? We simply don't know the extent of any of this.
By fonewear 2017-05-11 07:23:06  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Nausi said: »
Vic what has to happen in order for you to recognize your error in holding that opinion?

There are a few, very simple things Trump can do to get back into good graces with the Left.

1. Quit the presidency.
2. Apologize for everything he's ever done.
3. Pledge his undying loyalty to the liberal cause.
4. Give all of his money away. (Preferably to the Clintons, Obamas, and/or ISIS)

How hard could all that possibly be?

It's easy just put a D next to his name and say Russians did it Russians did it ! My e-mail was hacked !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 07:57:40  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
That's not anything approaching logical reasoning. How is your assertion that the FBI has nothing different from other people's assertion that Trump is done for? We simply don't know the extent of any of this.
Sure, whatever you say, evidence denier.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-11 08:04:51  
Vic what has to happen in order for you to recognize your error in holding that opinion?

There are a few, very simple things Trump can do to get back into good graces with the Left.

1. Quit the presidency.
4. Give all of his money away. (Preferably to the Clintons, Obamas, and/or ISIS)

I'm pretty Centrist and Trump disgusts me, stop acting like this is some political battle. There is no republican or democrat right now, there is our president of the US who is making some shady moves. Whether or not WE think its true or not doesn't change the fact that it needs to be investigated by someone has no bias. This isn't a game, it is a battle where we try to even the score, it is the future of the US and you should at the very least care to get an answer.
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:08:47  
eliroo said: »

1. Quit the presidency.

I'm pretty Centrist and Trump disgusts me, stop acting like this is some political battle. There is no republican or democrat right now, there is our president of the US who is making some shady moves. Whether or not WE think its true or not doesn't change the fact that it needs to be investigated by someone has no bias. This isn't a game, it is a battle where we try to even the score, it is the future of the US and you should at the very least care to get an answer.

So what would you suggest we due exactly *** more ? All I see is bitching from people that have no power.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:09:04  
do*
By eliroo 2017-05-11 08:11:05  
fonewear said: »

1. Quit the presidency.

So what would you suggest we due exactly *** more ? All I see is bitching from people that have no power.

As long as people keep thinking its ok to not, at the very least, get a thorough unbiased investigation then nothing will ever get done. If that mentality spreads through the nation then we would end up getting what we wanted.

You are right none of us have that power alone but we can influence those around us and push those ideals forward.

Or we can just sit here and *** back and forth.
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:12:20  
Finding someone that doesn't have any bias when you find that person let me know. Cause I think that is almost impossible.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:13:45  
Maybe if you take your hatred towards Trump and turn it into something positive you won't be so angry anymore. You really can't do anything so why *** ?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-11 08:13:55  
Finding someone that doesn't have any bias when you find that person let me know. Cause I think that is almost impossible.

Easy, we go to the most barren place in Africa that lacks any technology. Grab a tribes member and have him do the investigation.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:15:41  
Really I think people take all this too personal. Trump is not out to get you. I know it's hard to believe but maybe he does care about the country. The easy thing to do is to say Trump is bad. That is lazy.
By eliroo 2017-05-11 08:18:50  
I'm not up at night crying about this, keep in mind I was for Trump winning the election because I know that Hillary would be in just as deep if not deeper (But less noticeable most likely). But his actions can still effect us and understanding them is important because there may come a time where we have to do something about it (See Venezuela or South Korea). In the same note, I don't understand why there is so much blind faith for him on these forums. What does have blind faith do for you?
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:19:51  
I don't have blind faith in Presidents. I have faith in the American people. So it really doesn't matter to me who is in office. America will push on Presidents come and go.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-11 08:20:55  
So what if everyone had the same attitude as you, would we ever do anything?
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:23:40  
So what if everyone had the same attitude as you, would we ever do anything?

We are doing something posting on an obscure website that 3 people know about. So yes we are doing our American duty.
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:26:04  
Also I voted for Trump just to watch liberals cry...I know kinda messed up but it was fun.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:26:53  
Here you go
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 08:28:37  
Whether or not WE think its true or not doesn't change the fact that it needs to be investigated by someone has no bias.
Name somebody who is not biased.

Seriously.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:29:44  
I'm so biased that I think I'm not biased.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 08:30:07  
In the same note, I don't understand why there is so much blind faith for him on these forums.
Who has blind faith in him?

There are more people on this forum who have blind faith for Obama/Clinton than there are for Trump.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:30:53  
That is true the about 3 people on here that don't attack Trump 24/7
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 08:42:27  
That is true the about 3 people on here that don't attack Trump 24/7
And 2 of those 3 people openly stated that Trump wasn't the best choice for president that the Republicans presented.
By fonewear 2017-05-11 08:47:49  
At least Mitt Romney didn't run again. It could be worse.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 08:48:32  
At least Mitt Romney didn't run again. It could be worse.
Yeah, a 2 time presidential candidate who can't seem to win would try again for the 3rd time.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-11 08:55:30  
I don't attack Trump 24/7, I hold him accountable for his actions. Again I have even defended him when I felt the reasoning was misaligned.

Regardless

Notably, Nausi. Somewhat you and Rav.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 09:02:14  
I hold him accountable for his actions.
Wait, how?

How are you seriously holding him accountable?

Notably, Nausi. Somewhat you and Rav.
Obviously not.

I don't have blind faith in him. I just don't like the derangement that's going on right now.

If you were to take the liberals/democrats word, you would be amazed at how this country still exists. Because, the day that Trump was elected, we should have imploded as a country, with trials, impeachment hearings, mass chaos, and other things going on on a daily basis.

I mean, seriously. If you take their word for it all, we would all be speaking Russian now.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 09:10:40  
For eliroo:

You Want Checks And Balances? Stop Ignoring The Constitution When You’re In Power

Deniers hate sources, click here to find out why!

Quote:
“Trump has an authoritarian impulse,” Ian Bremmer tweeted after the president fired FBI Director James Comey, “But incompetence is a better explanation of his administration’s challenges to date.”

It’s difficult to believe that Donald Trump is both a clueless idiot, unable to spell or read or earn a single cent on his own merit, and a nefarious mastermind, capable of bamboozling the entire nation so he can hand over the White House to Russia. The truth is that the plausible explanation for the timing of the Comey firing — and for the many other political missteps of this administration — is remarkably undramatic: Trump isn’t very good at being president.

The Comey firing was reflexively framed as the next Watergate because there is a predetermined conclusion regarding Russian collusion. We’re still re-litigating Trump’s victory. All coverage flows from this inevitable finale. It clouds all perspective and creates a hysterical environment that leaves no space for anything but rigid positions.

“I remain a Trump skeptic in more ways than not,” Commentary’s Noah Rothman tweeted, “but I’m more concerned we now regard withheld judgment not as prudence but as collaboration.” C’mon, Noah, make a snap judgement or you are embracing Putin.

David Frum called Comey’s firing a “coup.” Jeffery Toobin, a reliable defender of executive abuse over the past eight years, went on CNN and claimed it was a “grotesque abuse of power by the president of the United States,” the “kind of thing that goes on in non-democracies.” The rule of law, the very fabric of American life, was under attack, says almost everyone on the Left. Now more than ever, we have to save our institutions.

Never mind that the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. The firing of Comey is not a constitutional crisis until there is evidence that it is. Democrats have spent months impugning Comey’s integrity, after all, and most Republicans weren’t exactly fans either. When Politico asked a number of experts whether the Comey firing rose to the level of crisis, refreshingly enough, all but one was reluctant to say yes. They were inclined to wait and see what happens.

I’ve defended Comey’s integrity on numerous occasions, although I don’t believe he was particularly good at his job. Firing him was a mistake. The optics are appalling. Trump’s stated reasons for firing him are completely absurd. Still, it’s difficult to believe that Comey was dismissed because he was on the cusp of some great Kremlingate discovery. In fact, if Comey were about to break the case wide open, he has more freedom to divulge that information now.

Moreover, the Russian investigation doesn’t end with Comey. With Comey gone, it will likely end with someone far more competent. The melodramatists wishcasting the next Watergate on cable news know this well. (If Trump names a lackey, and the Senate lets him, then we have a crisis.) It is far more likely, as this Wall Street Journal article points out, that the president was looking for a pretext to fire the FBI director for wholly Trumpian reasons. They are not good. They are not “Nixonian.”

But I’m open to believing the worst-case scenario. So if the Senate wants to pressure the president or launch an independent investigation, I’m all for it. Separation of powers is a vital component of healthy governance. The problem, though, is that Democrats only embrace these checks and balances when they’re convenient.

I know, I know, whataboutism! But actually, it’s something more serious than a gotcha. It’s a cycle of partisanship that has truly corroded our institutions.

Fact is, we’ve had (at least) two norm-busting presidents with authoritarian impulses in a row. Both believe in ruling with a pen and a personality, disregarding process whenever it suits their political purposes. One was a thoughtful-sounding, charismatic force, and a talented fibber; a virtuoso at erecting strawmen and offering false choices. He pushed his party farther to the Left than it has ever been. The other is a clumsy and transparent fibber, an incompetent novice, pushing his party into whatever ideologically untethered position is catching his fancy at the moment. Only one of these men, however, was given a free pass by most people in the institutional media because his progressive ideological outlook pleases their sensibilities.

You don’t trust Donald Trump to name an FBI director, even though it’s within his purview to do so? Well, I don’t trust Barack Obama to enter into faux treaties with a bunch of nations without Senate approval or to unilaterally legalize millions of people without Congress. I understand that you find those unilateral decisions morally comforting, but if process and norms matter they should always matter. (An example of the opposite would be an ACLU lawyer who argues that Trump’s immigration order might have been constitutional had Hillary signed it. This undermines trust.)

While there is plenty of hypocrisy to go around, Democrats’ newfound adoration of checks and balances simply isn’t credible. And once that trust has been eroded, it’s difficult to regain it. Most Americans aren’t impressed by procedure. So why would they surrender power when they’re certain you will abuse it again four years from now?
By Nausi 2017-05-11 09:12:43  

1. Quit the presidency.

Somehow, the left thinks that if they just sit back and scream that narrative loud enough, the rest of the country will see just how out of touch Trump is.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 58 59 60