users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Basic War Lua
Basic War Lua
 Phoenix.Bunas
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Teapo
By Phoenix.Bunas 2017-04-26 14:41:06  
Anyone have a basic war LUA that supports motes? I dont care about sets , I can always add those. I mainly Care about functions.
By Brynach 2017-04-26 15:09:27  
This is one I created for just greatsword and sword/shield combo. It hasnt been updated in some time as I have decided to put most of my heavy dd focus in SAM and DRK.
Things of note:
1. It is set up to recognize certain weapons and update to those idlesets and combat forms.
2. It is set up to call moonshade into ws sets when tp is below a certain number (2950 tp) or at night it will pull in Lugra+1/Lugra.
3. I have nothing for GAxe because I dont have any.
4. During MS it will pull in Yetshila and Boii Calligae +1 during WS.
If this is useful, great. Im sure there are things that can be improved.
By Brynach 2017-04-26 15:27:21  
Also, Ive been meaning to add a toggle to swap weapons. If there's any interest for that, I can provide that as well. All it will do is make something innocuous like ctrl+q swap main weapon and sub as defined by the lua.
 Siren.Weav
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Weav 2017-04-26 18:48:49  
I would love a weapon toggle...
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-04-26 20:10:38  
Siren.Weav said: »
I would love a weapon toggle...

Would be nice.

To be honest it's the main reason I've been "driving stick" vs using automatic (gs)

Like I have a macro page (well not a page but you know what I mean), tp set, weapon skill set for each weapon type/weaponskill. A DT set for a 2 handed weapon, a DT set for a fencer build, A hybrid set for retaliation, and a hybrid set for high accuracy/dt gear. To some people it's like I'm in the dark ages over living Amish.

The rest of my jobs I use gear swap because they usually excel with 1 weapon type.

Don't get me wrong I do just fine without gear swap on warrior, But it would be nice to have something that is more efficient.

It would clear up a whole bunch of equipsets/macros if I could get gear swap to work with weapon specific gear sets. I know I'm being lazy and should just start lua scripting/looking into things.
By Brynach 2017-04-26 20:22:19  
Give me a while to finish up events tonight then ill walk thru the items that need to be added. I have it in my RNG, DRK and SAM luas, but I havent made it around to WAR yet.
By Brynach 2017-04-26 23:02:14  
Ok, I updated the WAR lua to include a the weapon swap toggle (ctrl +q).
For those that dont care about the lua and only want the weapon toggle, here are the specific lines:

1.In the function binds_on_load(), the send command for mainweapon (ctrl+q) for this one.
2. Below that, under function job_setup(), the state.mainweapon lists the weapon options
3. Below that is the sets.mainweapon (around line 54) that lists the main and sub attached to the mainweapon options from the binds.
4. Around line 347, the job_self_command enables the swaps and the command to change weapons.
5. At line 391, this function customizes the idle_set. so you can toggle weapons in idle.
6. At line 408, this function customizes the melee_set. This will allow swaps while engaged.
7. A weapon swap while engaged will require hitting f12 to update equipment.

I just took these items from my DRK lua and transplanted them into the WAR lua and changed the weapon names. In theory, this should be a fairly simple way to add the weapon toggle to your lua.
 Siren.Weav
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Weav 2017-04-27 20:55:17  
Awesome!

Trying it out tonight.

Also, thank you for the time and effort you've put in to help us fellow WARs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2017-04-28 09:28:13  
Brynach said: »
Ok, I updated the WAR lua to include a the weapon swap toggle (ctrl +q).
For those that dont care about the lua and only want the weapon toggle, here are the specific lines:

1.In the function binds_on_load(), the send command for mainweapon (ctrl+q) for this one.
2. Below that, under function job_setup(), the state.mainweapon lists the weapon options
3. Below that is the sets.mainweapon (around line 54) that lists the main and sub attached to the mainweapon options from the binds.
4. Around line 347, the job_self_command enables the swaps and the command to change weapons.
5. At line 391, this function customizes the idle_set. so you can toggle weapons in idle.
6. At line 408, this function customizes the melee_set. This will allow swaps while engaged.
7. A weapon swap while engaged will require hitting f12 to update equipment.

I just took these items from my DRK lua and transplanted them into the WAR lua and changed the weapon names. In theory, this should be a fairly simple way to add the weapon toggle to your lua.

Slightly off topic, but your earlier post stated you were working more on SAM and DRK. Any chance you have a SAM lua you would be willing to share? Always looking for more options/variations on that.
By stickyd 2017-05-22 08:42:42  
how do i get the -pdt set to kick in during engage i tried f10 but nothing happens
By Brynach 2017-05-22 09:26:06  
stickyd said: »
how do i get the -pdt set to kick in during engage i tried f10 but nothing happens

You will have to build a .PDT set for the weapon you are using. I just tested my sets.engaged.Blurred.PDT set and it swapped in pieces when I hit f10.
That option is currently the only set besides idle that has a .PDT set.
By Brynach 2017-05-22 21:10:41  
stickyd said: »
when im engaged and i hit f10 nothing happens no gear changes at all

I dont think you read what I posted earlier. But, I will try to break it down for you a bit. The only set for which there is a hybrid set is my set labeled sets.engaged.Blurred.PDT. IF you arent using that weapon/shield combo, then the hybrid set absolutely wont work.
So, in order to make this work, you will need to either modify or create new a set that is called in under function update_combat_form().
So lets say you are using Ukonvasara. You will need to add a line for it in the update_combat_form and the respective combatform:set. I see you have done something to one of them that completely screws it up, so that is a good place to start (around line 41). You have also, seemingly, erased the function to update idle sets, put in some strange gearset into the combatform:set for the Reikiko/Blurred Shield +1 combo.

Best thing you can do at this point is trash what you have done and start over with the version I posted. If you want me to help you fix it, then PM me and I will tell you how to get what you want.
By Brynach 2017-05-23 08:09:26  
Use this new version. If you look in the Ragnarok sets, you will see that I added new PDT sets for Ragnarok for each level of accuracy. All you have to do now is fill in the proper gear for your sets. I tested the new addition, and this swapped gear in correctly for me when I selected f10.
If you find you are still having issues, make sure your ctrl+q is set to Ragnarok.
By stickyd 2017-05-23 19:51:40  
awesome thanks ill let me know what happens ur a big help friend
By stickyd 2017-05-23 20:11:56  
it works perfect thanks now im making a savage blade set up for war ur the best!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [94 days between previous and next post]
By stickyd420 2017-08-25 17:05:26  
hey brynach u here can u add chango to the lua i cant seem to get it to switch to chango engaged

heres my lua after i messed with it trying to get chango
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2017-09-13 23:18:35  
Here is mine, will be updating for Bravura soon Gear isnt updated in this one, will post it for gearswap and what i did for ashita:

GearSwap:
https://pastebin.com/ahztGkt4 - Updated to current sets 9/14/17 also if you need to edit a weapon, Simply change the name, example: Change ALL occurances of Ukonvasara to Chango or whatever you want. Can also add another set if needed easily by adding it at he top with the other weapons format: ("Ragnarok","Ukonvasara","Bravura","Chango") then follow the formatting in Sets.

AshitaCast:
https://pastebin.com/P39qAvee
By Brynach 2017-09-14 07:58:19  
Too many characters.
By Brynach 2017-09-14 07:59:16  
So it looks to me like you have duplicated some areas of the lua that shouldn't have been duplicated. You only need 1 S{'Chango'} but you have created 2. You have two function user_setup and two functions for update_combat_form. Instead of duplicating those, you should remove one and combine the information.

Here is what it should look like:

What would have been easiest for you would have been to just ctrl+f in the version I posted and replaced Reikiono with Chango since those are both great axes and there would be no need to utilize both.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [80 days between previous and next post]
By Archaide 2017-12-03 12:14:17  
I'm pretty new to using gearswap I got my ranger one to work perfectly after many rewrites but I cant this one to work at all I keep getting...
....WAR.lua:6: unexpected symbol near '?'

I've tried a number of things but cant get it to work, can someone help me?
By Brynach 2017-12-03 17:22:49  
To which gearswap are you referring? If you mean the one I added, check and make sure you didnt accidentally add something there, a mis-type or accidental keystroke. I wrote this one, and it works perfectly fine for me when I load it.

Now, if you are referring to the ones added by Atigevomega, I cant help you there.

Either way, the error is telling you there is something on line 6 that is incorrect.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [785 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-01-27 12:01:02  
Sylph.Atigevomega said: »
Here is mine, will be updating for Bravura soon Gear isnt updated in this one, will post it for gearswap and what i did for ashita:

GearSwap:
https://pastebin.com/ahztGkt4 - Updated to current sets 9/14/17 also if you need to edit a weapon, Simply change the name, example: Change ALL occurances of Ukonvasara to Chango or whatever you want. Can also add another set if needed easily by adding it at he top with the other weapons format: ("Ragnarok","Ukonvasara","Bravura","Chango") then follow the formatting in Sets.

AshitaCast:
https://pastebin.com/P39qAvee

This is really helpful, but I am a bit lost does your AM for Bravura change your Hybrid and DT sets? There is a comment that it does but I can’t see how.

Also anyone else have a War Lua for Bravura wanted to see different options

Thanks