users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Vibzz
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vibzz 2021-01-29 16:37:17  
How's Schere Earring and Coiste Bodhar affecting the sets now?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-03 19:56:31  
Asura.Vibzz said: »
How's Schere Earring and Coiste Bodhar affecting the sets now?
Just unlocked Schera myself. I could see it *potentially* going into a Resolution set, although Schera is more than likely going to go into a W3 Dyna boss set for me personally. (lol like my LS would let me go DRK when I'm the main tank)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-03 20:58:56  
That’s exactly what I used it for the other day. Worked out quite well. Aside from being forced to use entropy for mp recovery in the long run it’s worth it.
 Asura.Vibzz
By Asura.Vibzz 2021-02-05 07:29:22  
I’ve been using it a lot with liberator, it’s a noticeable difference when my Pld mule is doing her best to keep ***off me.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-02-05 07:40:40  
Asura.Vibzz said: »
I’ve been using it a lot with liberator, it’s a noticeable difference when my Pld mule is doing her best to keep ***off me.
So never. :P
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-02-10 21:00:52  
Sakpata Set

Party Time?
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-10 21:49:04  
It doesn't play well with Lib builds, sadface. Apoc and Calad though...
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-02-10 21:56:57  
Asura.Friedrik said: »

Personally I made a MEVA DT set to swap into will be nice for... Odyssey bosses LOL
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 22:16:01  
set only has 16% haste, so gotta utilize the ammo, belt, or back slots to mediate the gap.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-02-10 22:19:15  
If anyone wants to post new bis sets, ill update the front page. I am not playing much so I doubt ill get to it anytime soon by myself.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-02-11 09:00:13  
I haven't run any numbers yet and I'm not sure when I will actually be able to do so, but the Sakpata set looks like it should have a variety of different uses.
Sure, it screams "Use me for hybrid!" but it also looks really nice for Resolution, and should be pretty nice for Upheaval and Entropy as well.
It may not be for Liberator TP sets, but I'm going to bet that Sakpata gear could change Insurgency builds as well. As it is we don't have many options to scale damage on Insurgency's multihit properties besides what is already there, but all the PDL on Sakpata slots in nicely in scaling the entire WS.

Similarly, I could see Sakpata head and hands edging out Odyssean gear for Torcleaver and Steel Cyclone. Yes crazy good augs could theoretically beat them, but Sakpata gear is going to set a baseline that is far higher than what you can get out of Odyssean without a ton of investment.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-11 10:41:53  
It's bis set for tons of things, but some people still think it's not broken at all lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-11 11:05:47  
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Sakpata set interacts with a Redemption build. Already see myself prioritizing many pieces of this set over my other jobs, even though I play DRK less.
By SimonSes 2021-02-11 11:21:58  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Sakpata set interacts with a Redemption build. Already see myself prioritizing many pieces of this set over my other jobs, even though I play DRK less.

I already checked yesterday, while doing Ukon AM3 set.
It's ofc bis at attack cap, makes scythe pdif cap kinda funny too. 6.3 on non crit hits XD

I will write it 10th time, this set is crazy good.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-11 13:21:02  
Asura.Mims said: »
I haven't run any numbers yet and I'm not sure when I will actually be able to do so, but the Sakpata set looks like it should have a variety of different uses.
Sure, it screams "Use me for hybrid!" but it also looks really nice for Resolution, and should be pretty nice for Upheaval and Entropy as well.
It may not be for Liberator TP sets, but I'm going to bet that Sakpata gear could change Insurgency builds as well. As it is we don't have many options to scale damage on Insurgency's multihit properties besides what is already there, but all the PDL on Sakpata slots in nicely in scaling the entire WS.

Similarly, I could see Sakpata head and hands edging out Odyssean gear for Torcleaver and Steel Cyclone. Yes crazy good augs could theoretically beat them, but Sakpata gear is going to set a baseline that is far higher than what you can get out of Odyssean without a ton of investment.

Oh no doubt, I've already replaced the augged pieces in my Upheaval sets for WAR with good results. I'm sure Insurgency would see similar benefits... it's just a damn shame we can't take advantage of TPing in that set using Liberator.

Apoc DRK just went from hard to kill to don't even try it, overnight!

SimonSes said: »
I will write it 10th time, this set is crazy good.

No joke, this set does so much. Huge meva, big DEF/MDB, magic accuracy for landing WS effects, tons of DT, good amount of multiattack, PDL on jobs that actually make real use of it, decent attack and accuracy. It's amazing.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-12 09:56:56  
Head:
[1]Attack+30
[2]"Double Attack" damage +15%
[3]Accuracy+15 Mag. Acc.+15

Hands:
[1]Attack+30
[2]"Store TP"+8

Legs:
[1]Attack+30
[2]Skillchain dmg. +15%

Body stat resist just goes up to like 15 and feet subtle blow the same iirc. But those aren’t what stuck out to me...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-12 09:59:45  
at what point is /war for the extra 10% DA going to surpass the benefits brought by /sam? I'm seeing potential for 80%+ DA and that head aug has me questioning.

Certainly depends on weapon choice, as I'd stick with /sam for my Liberator til you tie me down in my mog house and force swap it, but it does make me wonder for Apoc and Empy builds.

Do bear with me at times, as DRK is my only 2hander DD (outside of RUN, but I rarely play it that way).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-02-12 10:04:40  
at what point is /war for the extra 10% DA going to surpass the benefits brought by /sam? I'm seeing potential for 80%+ DA and that head aug has me questioning.

Certainly depends on weapon choice, as I'd stick with /sam for my Liberator til you tie me down in my mog house and force swap it, but it does make me wonder for Apoc and Empy builds.

Do bear with me at times, as DRK is my only 2hander DD (outside of RUN, but I rarely play it that way).
More than likely never the da is nice but youd be changing up stuff and losing too much the stp and hasso are better than the da tbh. The set looks okay for ws but I wouldn't tp in most or any of this gear tbh.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-12 10:07:07  

When the STP from sub Sam is not needed to hit a specific build. Or you just feel comfortable with riding last resort whenever it’s up which this armor kinda does for me personally albeit I ride LR all the time anyway. Or if you don’t need the stp with apocalypse and riding the am is equivalent to hasso ja haste specifically to your question though the only time I don’t sub Sam is when I sub drg if it wasn’t for the hasso the trade off would be easier in the end
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-12 11:47:45  
Asura.Nuance said: »

When the STP from sub Sam is not needed to hit a specific build. Or you just feel comfortable with riding last resort whenever it’s up which this armor kinda does for me personally albeit I ride LR all the time anyway. Or if you don’t need the stp with apocalypse and riding the am is equivalent to hasso ja haste specifically to your question though the only time I don’t sub Sam is when I sub drg if it wasn’t for the hasso the trade off would be easier in the end

In addendum to this: DRK can already reach the same levels of STP on /WAR as one could /SAM (albeit the swaps ARE different). As the heathen /WAR user in these parts, the DPS difference is negligible depending on which weapon you're using.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-12 11:51:23  
yeah I don't really consider +10STP from a subjob that necessary for things these days- one can fix that deficit in a single slot.

And while using Apoc, the Aftermath JA haste makes up for the lack of Hasso.

I'm mostly interested in how it plays out in particular for Empyrean weapons, where xHit builds aren't my first concern vs white damage, but the loss of JA Haste- that's what I'm mostly fretting over.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-02-12 12:14:23  
yeah I don't really consider +10STP from a subjob that necessary for things these days- one can fix that deficit in a single slot.

Store TP II is +15 Store TP and SAM gets it at level 30.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Store_TP
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-12 12:15:22  

And while using Apoc, the Aftermath JA haste makes up for the lack of Hasso.

I'm mostly interested in how it plays out in particular for Empyrean weapons, where xHit builds aren't my first concern vs white damage, but the loss of JA Haste- that's what I'm mostly fretting over.

Oddly enough, I started building a heavier DA Calad build and honestly, I've found the synchronicity of /WAR to work quite well for it. I think my Calad AM set is currently sitting at +50% DA without the new set currently. '-')
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-12 12:17:00  
If you’re just interested in empyrean situations and riding the AM3 and absolutely don’t care about the stp then yeah sure I guess. You’d still miss out on the hasso haste but LR cool down is t awful I suppose. Wish we could full time it
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-12 12:23:48  
Asura.Nuance said: »
If you’re just interested in empyrean situations and riding the AM3 and absolutely don’t care about the stp then yeah sure I guess. You’d still miss out on the hasso haste but LR cool down is t awful I suppose. Wish we could full time it

Its not so much that I'm "just interested in empyrean situations"- its more knowing that the DA from /war subjob will be more of a hindrance to a Liberator build even before this gear, and that doesn't change; that Apocalypse can compensate for probably the largest benefit /sam brings in JA Haste. I'm sure if I used my Anguta more there would be a discussion there, as well.

Empyreans do stick out though, of course, due to the synergy between a high attack job in DRK, the occasional triple damage proc from Caladbolg/Redemption, the extreme overflow of +PDL on this new set, and the unique DA damage augment to the headpiece all working together to push white damage above weaponskills in importance- and at what point it starts to win.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-12 12:28:54  
That’s tough cause I’m pretty sure out of all the buffs in the game the highest dps increases come primarily from haste followed by samurai roll
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-12 12:31:07  
agreed- it would take a helluva lot I'm sure. But you're still at capped gear and magical haste, and that sam roll isn't gone...so maybe its not as much as anticipated if the damage per attack round is enough (via boosting multiattack rate and damage in lieu of fewer WSs).
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-12 12:36:39  
I mean the downtime for last resort isn’t “horrible” you’d definitely suffer during that down time. To what degree you would need to balance Lr up and down in terms of gear to compensate for the no hasso for the downtime I do not know.

I don’t see myself using this set at all for liberator I’ve spent too much time energy and gil on getting my sets for that weapon perfect as is
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-02-12 13:09:36  
So the thing about /SAM's 15 Store TP is that it's present during WS, meaning you get more back from the WS, meaning less required to get before the next WS gets fired off. So it's not just +15 during TP but also +15 during WS reducing the amount needed during TP, which is already reduced by the sub. It lets you shove more of <insert other stat we want>.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 53 54 55