サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-08-31 05:47:32  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Taint said: »
Asura.Haxetc said: »
I miss the days before resolution when you'd use scourge and let the crits go to town :(

I miss when white damage mattered and you had to calculate your best option.
Yea now monks swear they best dps because of white damage and weaponskills. Tbh If montante +1 gets the augments it could ***on everything but cala. Montante is already kinda nuts for what it is/was so i can't wait to see it.

I sure hope so as well- but prepping for "Magic Evasion +30".

I can't help but feel like Mont will get the same treatment as demerseal deagon. So I am a bit more curious what the Nullis+1 will get for augments.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-08-31 06:51:42  
I miss the days before resolution when you'd use scourge and let the crits go to town :(

Yea now monks swear they best dps because of white damage and weaponskills. Tbh If montante +1 gets the augments it could ***on everything but cala. Montante is already kinda nuts for what it is/was so i can't wait to see it.

Sadly this is true I hope its not gonna be this but it could be cracked if it gets the right stats.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-31 11:21:11  

Sadly this is true I hope its not gonna be this but it could be cracked if it gets the right stats.
<Ahem> MND/INT+20.
 Cerberus.Castien
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Castien 2020-09-01 08:39:28  
thank you, I assumed something like that but wanted to double check
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-10 16:43:41  
Looks like possibly our best gear from the update is vim+1 r15, pretty nice for apoc drks. Still trying to figure out how future builds will look like now that all the r15 gear is out. IF anyone has suggestions I am happy to brainstorm here. There is so much side grade gear in this game now that it is becoming very hard to find the correct generic build.

The regain tick if we assume 1 tic between ws is worth 5 stp, and if we assume 2 tick then your looking at 10 stp using apoc. That going to be huge coupled with the native 10 stp.

This apperas on first draft to be the go to set for dps for apoc 4 hit, quite nice and it doesnt use acro finally!

ItemSet 375306

Assuming you have decent acc in augs (which you should), then you should be looking at right around 1200 base acc too which makes this set amazing for dyna w3 etc. after you factor in sushi and endrak+Am your probably around 1350 base acc. Couple that with the 37 DA and 7 TA it appears this should be quite an upgrade to what we previously had.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-10 19:23:38  
also for curious drks, thuban is super easy solo if you got apoc ;D
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-09-11 08:55:02  
Color me curious then, Azagarth.
I did Sarama and Shedu back when they were still challenging (Shedu more than Sarama) and I never got around to trying Thu'ban at all.
Anything I should know about the fight, or should I just run in with Drain3 HP and yolo cata spam?
By Taint 2020-09-11 09:06:17  
Asura.Mims said: »
Color me curious then, Azagarth.
I did Sarama and Shedu back when they were still challenging (Shedu more than Sarama) and I never got around to trying Thu'ban at all.
Anything I should know about the fight, or should I just run in with Drain3 HP and yolo cata spam?

Solo with trust stand in front Drain3 and just Apoc away. You can probably tail tank him with 5-6000k HP but I perfer Scherzo for tail tanking. He's easy to debuff as well.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-11 10:05:28  
yeah basically go in and just zerg it down, i do 3 step darkness and only be ready for your trusts to all die. Dont be shy to use drain 1/2 if you get low and he has phys shield up. Also use acc food is a must need high acc 1350~. Also dread spikes is great lol, I use hybrid and he hits for 100.
[+]
By Taint 2020-09-11 11:30:41  
Tail tanking will keep your trust alive, only factor is serpentine tail which hits like a truck but is single target.
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-09-11 12:08:38  
Been debating on doing a Redemption for my next REMA after I finish Epo. Even if will probably see the same amount of use as my ragnorak at this point.

I'm a bit curious if anyone has any and knows what their cross reapers average with it vs their anguta or apoc average in a similar buff situation?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-11 12:19:13  
Shiva.Humpo said: »
Been debating on doing a Redemption for my next REMA after I finish Epo. Even if will probably see the same amount of use as my ragnorak at this point.

I'm a bit curious if anyone has any and knows what their cross reapers average with it vs their anguta or apoc average in a similar buff situation?

I dont have one but I have never heard any drk who does complain. A good friend who has one r15 says he outdoes his calad r15 if you can abuse a smn or war. Otherwise he says its very competitive to calad and swaps based on sc potential.
By Aquatiq 2020-09-11 18:44:49  
Alright, it's about to get weird in here:

Currently running this for my /ra midshot set. I'd like to be able to gain some TP while weakened and out of harm's way, and let off a weaponskill here or there (I've gotten up to 26k Empyreal arrow in Reisenjima) Haven't looked at all the latest unity augs but wondering if there's any room to improve (mostly in dire need of R.acc, I only have two Volte armor pieces that provide 30+ R.acc each).

ItemSet 375329

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26787/alhazen-hat-1 looks like an upgrade for head slot over max aug Acro.

Only using the +3 body to synergize with Regal Ring, but Volte bodies are hard to come by.

Is anyone bored enough to help build a BiS set
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-09-11 19:11:51  
Asura.Azagarth said: »

I dont have one but I have never heard any drk who does complain. A good friend who has one r15 says he outdoes his calad r15 if you can abuse a smn or war. Otherwise he says its very competitive to calad and swaps based on sc potential.

Why a War or smn?

Also, cool thought on the RA set, but I'd assume just abuse occult acumen for TP. Would save you on some inventory slots VS the RA set. Really cool idea though, special with that WS damage
By Sidiov 2020-09-11 19:14:16  
Aquatiq said: »
Is anyone bored enough to help build a BiS set
Didnt put much thought into it, but probably use valorous/odyssean DM augs with racc 35++ and AGI, wherever you dont have Volte.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-11 21:48:12  
Why a War or smn?
the tp bonus really shines on CR much more than on torc.
By Kronkeykong 2020-09-13 00:37:20  
So I'm super terrible with numbers. Why do we use Fotia Belt for Torcleaver?

Would we not use something like this?

From Meeble Burrows.

Just looking for an explanation because Fotia is super good for multi-hit.

What's the reason specifically for Fotia being in the Torc set?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-09-13 01:04:40  
Chance at TP refund would be my best guess.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-09-13 01:07:40  

Why a War or smn?

TP bonus abilities
By SimonSes 2020-09-13 02:21:17  
Kronkeykong said: »

From Meeble Burrows.

Fotia adds 0.1 fTP For Torcleaver thats +1~2% dmg depends on TP
Now base damage of Torcleaver is really high in TC set already. You're looking at 314 from Calad and at least like another 300+ from wsc. So lets say around 620. At this point 6VIT only increase damage by 0.78%. Assuming 6STR works for fSTR its 1% increase in total, matching aroud worse case scenario for Fotia. Fotia having that 1% chance for tp back pulls ahead even at 3000tp.
By Kronkeykong 2020-09-13 16:28:12  
SimonSes said: »
Kronkeykong said: »

From Meeble Burrows.

Fotia adds 0.1 fTP For Torcleaver thats +1~2% dmg depends on TP
Now base damage of Torcleaver is really high in TC set already. You're looking at 314 from Calad and at least like another 300+ from wsc. So lets say around 620. At this point 6VIT only increase damage by 0.78%. Assuming 6STR works for fSTR its 1% increase in total, matching aroud worse case scenario for Fotia. Fotia having that 1% chance for tp back pulls ahead even at 3000tp.

So essentially we're waiting for something with either WSD or 15+ VIT it sounds like? Makes sense. Thanks for the answer it was bugging me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Datsik
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: datsik
By Quetzalcoatl.Datsik 2020-09-19 14:23:49  
Does the Stinger helm+1 R15 have any place in DRK ws sets now? Anyone know?
 Quetzalcoatl.Datsik
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Datsik 2020-09-19 14:27:46  
Looks like possibly our best gear from the update is vim+1 r15, pretty nice for apoc drks. Still trying to figure out how future builds will look like now that all the r15 gear is out. IF anyone has suggestions I am happy to brainstorm here. There is so much side grade gear in this game now that it is becoming very hard to find the correct generic build.

The regain tick if we assume 1 tic between ws is worth 5 stp, and if we assume 2 tick then your looking at 10 stp using apoc. That going to be huge coupled with the native 10 stp.

This apperas on first draft to be the go to set for dps for apoc 4 hit, quite nice and it doesnt use acro finally!

ItemSet 375306

Assuming you have decent acc in augs (which you should), then you should be looking at right around 1200 base acc too which makes this set amazing for dyna w3 etc. after you factor in sushi and endrak+Am your probably around 1350 base acc. Couple that with the 37 DA and 7 TA it appears this should be quite an upgrade to what we previously had.

What are the augs on body,legs & back?
Thinking about trying this set out ^^
By Taint 2020-09-19 15:08:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Datsik said: »

The short answer is NO.

I am using it for Insurgency, Crossreaper, Guillotine in my Hybrid WS toggle. The toggle is specifically to eliminate Ratri and the -DT.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-19 16:27:24  

8 stp on body and legs, then 10 da on back. This may not be the optimal build but it should be close lol.
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-09-19 17:13:58  

8 stp on body and legs, then 10 da on back. This may not be the optimal build but it should be close lol.

Thx, yeah I'll try some different ***out :D
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-09-19 17:14:20  

The short answer is NO.

I am using it for Insurgency, Crossreaper, Guillotine in my Hybrid WS toggle. The toggle is specifically to eliminate Ratri and the -DT.
Ok, thx!
By SimonSes 2020-09-20 03:12:49  

The short answer is NO.

Why NO?

5% pdl at attack cap should easily beat 8%wsd for any multihit WS, even for Insurgency. It would be break even for Cata, Quietus and Spiral Hell.
[+]
By Taint 2020-09-20 05:41:32  
SimonSes said: »

The short answer is NO.

Why NO?

5% pdl at attack cap should easily beat 8%wsd for any multihit WS, even for Insurgency. It would be break even for Cata, Quietus and Spiral Hell.

Unless I’ve been mathing it wrong this entire time the 5% is additive. 4.5 pdif becomes 4.55.

If I’m wrong i will redo my math in the Liberator thread.

Ugh my math was wrong in the other thread....
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Damage_Limit%2B

Yes it would win. TY Simon
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 53 54 55