users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH Macro sets
SCH Macro sets
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-09-20 23:34:45  
I have seen a lot of BLM marco sets and looked to see if they were like my SCH marcos. None. But I want to see some SCH's marcos because im looking to redo mine, but i'll post mine sooon.
Let Me See Yours All You SCH's
[+]
 Fenrir.Takien
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-09-20 23:53:52  
Sch macros...lmao

first get a G11 Gaming Keyboard has 3 sets of 6 buttons making 18 total per pallette.

I then have a 3 position switch for the 3 main and a switch that goes to a fourth page, so yes thats 72 macros.

light arts page
----------------------------------
Light arts Penury Celerity
Accession Rapture Erase

Cure2 Cure3 Cure4
Silena Paralyna Poisona

Blindna Stona Viruna
Regen2 Dispel Assist

---------------------------------

Dark Arts Parsimony Alacrity
Manifestaion Ebullience Spells

Thun4 Blizz4 Fire4
Silence Paralyze Slow

Bind Gravity Sleep2
Drain Aspir Sleep

------------------------------------
Tunderstorm Hailstorm Firestorm
Ionhelix Cryohelix Pryrohelix

Windstorm Rainstorm Sandstorm
Anemohelix Waterhelix Earthelix

Dark INT Mainheal
RestMP NUKE Enfeeble

Thun4 Blizz4 Fire4
Aero4 Water4 Stone4

Thun3 Blizz3 Fire3
Aero3 Water3 Stone3

Thun2 Blizz2 Fire2
Aero2 Water2 Stone2

------------------------------------

So Each of these groups is a Ctrl and alt set for one macro page and I have it setup so I can switch on the fly between the pages. It may seem like a lot and may be confusing but with it being setup this way and the repetition has made it quite easy for me. One of the beauties of Sch is having access to all these spells so why not set it up so you can use them all. I also blink all my job abilities by /equip item to break animation, helps with soloing and keeping up with the group.
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-21 00:32:19  
I have under my Light Arts macro MND equips, and under Dark Arts INT equips. Also, for the JAs that alter the time or cost, I I have both Light and Dark Arts version under one macro. As an example I have a "Fast" macro that is:
/ja "Alacrity" <me>
/ja "Celerity" <me>
No need to stick a /wait in between as its only going to fire off one or the other depending on your current "Arts" mode. I've only gone to 41 with SCH and have put it down for now, so my macro set is not advanced at all. I do hope that this little trick with the JA's will help though ^^
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-21 01:46:23  
This. /endthread
[+]
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-09-21 12:32:54  
Enternius said:

that's a bit overkill...

My Whm uses a grand total of 14 or so macros not counting gear change (with windower this means no more, without it means probably 2-3). i can fit everything including my entire melee pallet on the base 20.

As for how Sch would work the above thread is a good start but you really need to trim the fat on it. you don't need a macro for every spell you'll ever want to cast that's a lot of avoiding macros you don't need.

Healing Sch:
can cast: Cure III, Cure IV, Silena, Paralyna, Erase, Regen II
can't: Repose, Dia II, Haste, Cure V, Auspice, Esuna, Flash, Regen III
SJ specific: Stoneskin, Phalanx

Nuking Sch:
can cast: Tier III*, Tier IV*, Helix*, Storm*, Kilmaform, Drain, Aspir, Sleep II
can't: AM2, Bio II, Sleepga II
SJ specific: Elemental Dot, Poison II

Enfeebling Sch:
Can cast: Sleep, Sleep II, Dispel
SJ specific: Gravity, Slow, Paralyze

Job Abilities: Light / Dark arts & Add White / Black, half MP light or Dark

here I talk a bit about how my blm macros work and how to set up cyclic macros and save on space. (yes it's on the Thf forums it was the theory of how to use windower macros mostly)

What you should be able to do is have 1 set for ALL of light arts needs, 1 macro to switch to dark, and from there look at what you really need & using the cyclic macros there use the "same set" idea to limit how many macro lines you need. If your not running windower you can always setup your macros instead of re-writing themselves to set you to a new page, but with the same layout of "additional" things.

It all depends on how comfortable you are with layering your macro scripts so that you get different effects from the "same thing" depending on where you are. the G11 setup above does quite a bit of limiting to what you'd actually cast.

Say your Dark arts set looks like:
Hmp | Sublimation | Stoneskin | Parismony | Weather | Helix | Gravity | Bind | Dispel | Sleep II
Tier 3 | Tier 4 | Ele1 | Ele2 | EleR | ____ | Drain | Aspir | ____ | Switch to Light

Ele1 re-defines Tier 3/4/Weather/Helix to blizzard spells (or takes you to your "ice" page)
Ele2 re-defines to thunder
EleR is set to Fire for 1 & 2, but from Fire > Wind > Water > Earth
Giving you access to all 6 element sets but not making you go past wind/water/earth unless you really want to.

Light art's:
Hmp | Sublimation | Stoneskin | Penury | Paralyna | Erase | Silena | Accession | blank | Regen II |
Cure III | Cure IV | ____ | Enspell1 | Enspell2 | Phalanx | Slow | Paralyze | ____ | switch to Dark arts |

This can with windower have you only using TWO macro sets (not 10) and with general FFXI only macros get you using only 7 + 1-2 pages of gear swaps

((this was written while doing about 4 other things if it's choppy or sentences end mid way i hope it still makes sense.))
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-21 20:35:59  
Something like this ...

User submitted image
User submitted image

I've changed it a bit though and Dark Arts is pretty much the same.
 Pandemonium.Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-09-21 22:00:46  
Your going to need to explain a bit of those macros Akeda, i can guess what most of them are, although i'm not sure on all (SCx3 & 4, L2, L3, Misc) & what the difference between CTR & ALT version of Light and Dark are.

But looking at your set of spells that are actually listed good job at analyzing what you would actually cast and limiting your macros to only include those.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-22 14:05:02  
The separate WHM/BLM mode sets work out really well and keeps things pretty neat and organized. I try to keep everything in the same place between them too. For example Parsimony is in the same spot as Penury, while for Dark Arts Thunder is in the Cure IV slot since it costs the most MP and usually does more damage. I also keep utility type spells on top and actual spells on the bottom.

Light/Dark just does this:
User submitted image
Since I play with the control pad I find it easier and quicker to push either R2 or L2 if I need to switch LA or DA. I also have them in the same spot in every set in case I need to quickly move back to the main set.
L2/L3 just means Light Arts Set 2 & 3. I have different sets and stuff depending on what I'm doing in the party. Like a SCH/WHM set and a SCH/RDM set. It's just a shortcut to move between sets incase I need to access something not on the main set or something I don't use very often (like my Ascension + Sneak or Penury/Celerity Reraise macro). Since I leveled up a lot more and also lvled up RDM I started adding in '/macro set 1' to the end of some of the spells so it does it automatically to save a bit of time and space.

Even with the magic list sorted out I usually get lost trying to find things quickly, but I can jump through the macro list pretty quick and get a lot of things done.

Cx2 / Cx3 means Cure II / Cure III It basically reads as Cure x (times) the spell level.
SCx3 / SCx4 means Stratagem Charged Cure III / Stratagem Charged Cure IV
The SCx macro does this:
/recast Penury
/ja "Penury" <me>
/wait 1
/ma "Cure IV" <t>

I took out the Cure II macro and made a regular Cure IV macro since I don't really use it and I have the extra MP to cast IV without needing Penury. It also saves a charge in case I want to do Rapture + Cure III (since IV generates a lot of Enmity) or if I need to save it for Ascension (works out really good for imp/jnun parties where you have a PLD and DD's with /nin subs).

I setup my SCH macros to revolve around conserving MP and maximizing stratagem usage with the majority of my setups focused on main healing since that's mostly what I've done and have gear for.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-09-22 14:35:23  
for me i have (Whm):
L-Trigger
Hmp | Penury | Sublimation | Paralyna | Erase | Silena | Esuna | Stoneskin | ??? | Repose
R-Trigger
Cure III | Cure IV | Cure V | Mystic Boon | Hexa | Haste | Dia II | ??? | Regen II | Regen III

I honestly don't remember what the ???'s were, as like or not they're blank. Since i have Penury on a different macro list it's easy (with controller) to leave my default L-trigger on Penury and move left or right as i need from there, and be able to Penury Cure V quickly.

I can't see myself using half cast time macro often enough, although maybe accession for AoE spells. Sneak/Invis/Reraise/Raise i almost always type out or find quickly on the list since they're near the end of the white magic spells.

just to quote myself from above with a few changes, as i look back at it in the light of day i realize some things are dangerously close to one another and should be adjusted. (like sleep & a DoT, or Strategems & spells to use with them)
Areis said:

Say your Dark arts set looks like:
Hmp | Sublimation | Stoneskin | Parismony | ____ | Sleep II | Gravity | Dispel | Bind | Switch to Light
Tier 3 | Tier 4 | Ele1 | Ele2 | EleR | ____ | Drain | Aspir | Weather | Helix

Ele1 re-defines Tier 3/4/Weather/Helix to blizzard spells (or takes you to your "ice" page)
Ele2 re-defines to thunder
EleR is set to Fire for 1 & 2, but from Fire > Wind > Water > Earth
Giving you access to all 6 element sets but not making you go past wind/water/earth unless you really want to.

Light art's:
Hmp | Sublimation | Stoneskin | Penury | Paralyna | Erase | Silena | Accession | blank | Switch to Dark Arts|
Cure III | Cure IV | ____ | Enspell1 | Enspell2 | Phalanx | Slow | Paralyze | ____ | Regen 2 |

So these follow a bit more the setup i have with white mage where support is my left trigger, and "spells" are right trigger, anything not on the list i would manually type or quick grab from the magic menu and i shouldn't have to rely on needing a gear set.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-09-24 08:53:25  
:x ss'd images of my macros to share but got to lazy to upload until now. . .so here they are (top-CTRL :: bottom-ALT)

User submitted image
User submitted image

User submitted image
User submitted image

User submitted image
User submitted image

User submitted image
User submitted image

BLM macro switches to nuking/dark arts gear.
WhtM macro switches to healing/light arts gear.
rMP macro is what I use after sublimation is complete, Ixion cloak.

In the last set Stone through Thunder are Tier IV(mostly, need to buy a couple more). I had initially planned on using one book for all my mages which is why the BLM debuffs + dmg spikes are there, but I am rethinking this and will probably put in Tier III nukes with a couple other spells I need.
[+]
 Fenrir.Parak
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-09-24 09:25:22  
Enternius said:

This is what I use and it's ftw.