Random Politics & Religion #17

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #17
Random Politics & Religion #17
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-29 14:25:22  
eliroo said: »
Pick an old president and bash them.

He's, uh, still in office.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-29 14:33:34  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

No, he's telling you to pick an old one instead.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-29 14:37:45  
Ramyrez said: »

No, he's telling you to pick an old one instead.

We've done that for the past 8 years, and nobody cares about the older ones. But hey, how about Taft and that bathtub of his? Haha, fat jokes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-12-29 14:44:41  
Everytime i heard the stories about Russia influencing US election, and how long is lasting such story, i wonder where is the brilliant mind who invented the concept of "post-truth"?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-29 14:48:25  
We've done that for the past 8 years, and nobody cares about the older ones. But hey, how about Taft and that bathtub of his? Haha, fat jokes.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-29 15:05:11  
Obama slapped russia firmly on the wrist!

White House sanctions Russia over election hacks

Politico

Quote:
In one of its final moves to keep Russia at bay and secure America from digital intruders, the Obama administration on Thursday slapped Moscow with a round of sanctions over its alleged election-season hacks.

The punishments hit several Russian individuals and entities, including the country's primary security service, known as the FSB, and its main intelligence directorate, the GRU.

The government is also booting 35 Russian intelligence operatives from the United States, and sanctioning top intelligence officers within the GRU.

"These actions follow repeated private and public warnings that we have issued to the Russian government, and are a necessary and appropriate response to efforts to harm U.S. interests in violation of established international norms of behavior," President Barack Obama said in a statement.

The move puts an end to months of speculation over how the White House would strike back against what it said was a widespread digital campaign orchestrated by senior Kremlin officials in an attempt to disrupt the recent U.S. election. More recently, intelligence officials have reportedly concluded that Moscow was actually hoping to tilt the election in favor of Donald Trump with its hacking....
And lots more, mostly boring background stuff
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-29 15:14:46  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Politico

Quote:
In one of its final moves to keep Russia at bay and secure America from digital intruders, the Obama administration on Thursday slapped Moscow with a round of sanctions over its alleged election-season hacks.

The punishments hit several Russian individuals and entities, including the country's primary security service, known as the FSB, and its main intelligence directorate, the GRU.

The government is also booting 35 Russian intelligence operatives from the United States, and sanctioning top intelligence officers within the GRU.

"These actions follow repeated private and public warnings that we have issued to the Russian government, and are a necessary and appropriate response to efforts to harm U.S. interests in violation of established international norms of behavior," President Barack Obama said in a statement.

The move puts an end to months of speculation over how the White House would strike back against what it said was a widespread digital campaign orchestrated by senior Kremlin officials in an attempt to disrupt the recent U.S. election. More recently, intelligence officials have reportedly concluded that Moscow was actually hoping to tilt the election in favor of Donald Trump with its hacking....
So, they have no definitive proof, but they are still going to punish them anyway?

Chanti, I'm going to throw you in jail because you may have stolen that handbag from Macy's 2 weeks ago. I don't have evidence to support the jailtime, but I'm going to do it regardless because it's politically convenient to do so.

See how that argument can turn against Obama, and the US, in a hurry?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-29 15:18:14  
Actually they say they have definitive proof.

I should have coppied one more pragraph perhaps.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-29 15:22:50  
And CNN on the subject:

White House announces retaliation against Russia: Sanctions, ejecting diplomats
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-29 15:23:17  
Actually they say they have definitive proof.

I should have coppied one more pragraph perhaps.
The White House released a DHS/FBI statement on how they could have done it. They still haven't stated that they have done it.

Point still stands, and now you are spending some time in the slammer with Meatgrinder (guess why she got THAT name) for your petty theft that I still say that you did but won't prove, even though I gave an example of how you can steal from Macy's.
By Viciouss 2016-12-29 15:26:36  
Its about time we came down with these sanctions, hopefully we see some more. The CIA and FBI have both reached the simple conclusion that the Russians committed cyber crimes against American citizens, all of Congress supports these sanctions and praised them today.

All we got from Trump was "computers affect our lives very greatly." What an argument.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-29 15:27:36  
You know what, never mind.

We can argue all day about what the joint statement said, but it still isn't proof that it actually happened. Yes, the DNC/RNC servers were hacked. Yes, this is a possible method of the hacking. No, neither statement links either the Russians or anyone else to the servers being hacked.

Either way, since the DNC/RNC are not agencies of the government, nor multinational businesses or having any monetary value towards global trade, the US should not have issued these sanctions, even if there is proof that the Russians hacked in those servers. All this is is Obama being bitchy like usual.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-29 15:37:20  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, they have no definitive proof, but they are still going to punish them anyway?
Now definitive proof is a sticking point?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-29 15:38:32  
"Nobody really knows what is going on"

So presidential.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-29 15:43:32  
This is one of those situations where people like KN think they are entitled to see proof of a CIA investigation because they are Americans and they have rights and whatever. Because so many CIA investigations are released to the public.

The CIA and FBI shared the results of their investigations with the President and WH, with Congress, with the President-elect (if he decided to pay attention) and thats the list. If you don't have security clearance you don't get to see it. Its why Snowden is a traitor, you don't share information with the entire world.

I said this a while back, expect to see the new Congress issue sanctions against Russia for interfering in our election, Trump can either sign on or he can watch his veto get overridden. Nobody supports his bromance with Putin. Then you can say Congress is being "bitchy." Till then, good job Obama.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-29 15:54:42  

Chester A Arthur !
By fonewear 2016-12-29 15:58:01  
I finally found out who did the Russian hacking:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-29 15:59:38  
We cam't show you proof the Russians hacked the US but trust us...sounds like something Russia would say not USA...
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-12-29 16:00:10  
How many times have we got ourselves involved in other countries elections in the last 8 years? Israel, Columbia, Turkey (***we supported a coup)and many others. This fake crime that democrats are bitching about is simply another way to try to play the victim card. A simple web search turns up many times where the US has interfered in the sovereign elections of other countries.

Look at Obama with Great Britain a couple years ago.

Your fake outrage is showing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-29 16:02:57  
So weird to see such a "patriot" to be cool with his country being swayed by other nations.

Also, at least personally, I've never called the US innocent on its crimes.

There is no fake outrage here, only your blinders.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-29 16:11:19  
And Russia is already promising retaliation. What an incredible foreign policy leader Mr. Obama is. With Russia and Israel out of the way, we'll see who else he can tick off before he leaves office. I hear he has some paint left for more lines in the sand that he will never enforce, so maybe he can put a few more of those down as part of his legacy.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-29 16:16:40  
They promised retaliation for all of the sanctions that Obama hit them with over the last two years. Can you summarize what they did? It won't take very long.

We don't care if Russia is angry at us.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-29 16:18:01  
Russia is mad. This is brand new information.
By fonewear 2016-12-29 16:22:35  
And Russia is already promising retaliation. What an incredible foreign policy leader Mr. Obama is. With Russia and Israel out of the way, we'll see who else he can tick off before he leaves office. I hear he has some paint left for more lines in the sand that he will never enforce, so maybe he can put a few more of those down as part of his legacy.

It's easy to do stuff as you walk out the door ! Let the next president deal with it !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-29 16:23:24  
I wouldn't be shocked if Obama tries to get Supreme Court justice appointed before January
By fonewear 2016-12-29 16:24:32  
Basically Obama put in his 2 week notice and is half assing it till he quits.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-29 16:29:22  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Politico

Quote:

Chanti, I'm going to throw you in jail because you may have stolen that handbag from Macy's 2 weeks ago. I don't have evidence to support the jailtime, but I'm going to do it regardless because it's politically convenient to do so.

See how that argument can turn against Obama, and the US, in a hurry?

Sounds like me arguing with an Atheist...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-29 16:32:12  
I hear that Russia hacked the Democrats so hard that Hillary forgot Wisconsin was even a state.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-29 16:35:33  
I hear that Russia hacked the Democrats so hard that Hillary forgot Wisconsin was even a state.

In Hillary's defense most Americans don't care about Wisconsin either...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-29 17:25:06  
fonewear said: »
I wouldn't be shocked if Obama tries to get Supreme Court justice appointed before January
Here’s How Obama Could Go Nuclear on Trump and the GOP Before Leaving Office
New York Magazine

Two words. Recess appointments.

Personally I think he lacks the cohones.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30