Random Politics & Religion #14

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 99 100 101
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 14:38:33  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »

Funny, nobody seemed to complain when Obama slammed Fox News over the years for making him look bad.
Could you provide some quotes about Obama stating that fox news was a failing business, that he was going to sue them, or that the media was inciting protests (a specific legal term which allows criminal prosecution and not protection under the first amendment)? Maybe you can give me some quotes on how Obama threatened to open up libel laws to sue more journalists and publications.

Perhaps you could have provided quotes that actually said those things (aside from the failing), because I responded to what you gave, not the unnamed other things that weren't even implied in the Twitter comments. The responder was concerned about Trump "attacking" the NYT, which Obama has done for Fox News. If you want a more comprehensive response, make a more comprehensive argument.

We live in the era of Trump now. You have to know what she means and what she's implying, not what she's saying, because that might just be hyperbole.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 14:39:54  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Somebody sounds triggered.

What's the problem? I made clever quips. I thought that made everything okay.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 14:41:20  
Ramyrez said: »
We live in the era of Trump now. You have to know what she means and what she's implying, not what she's saying, because that might just be hyperbole.

Ooo, now that was a clever response. [+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-22 14:44:36  
as President he is blocking all oil imports from Saudi Arabia.
Finally something I can agree with! These guys could use a nice embargo.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-22 14:55:28  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And Saudi Arabia.
*hiss*

He was trying to open a hotel but apparently that's not going to happen because he just announced today, that as President he is blocking all oil imports from Saudi Arabia.

This could get interesting. But it looks EPA deregulation is going to be a real thing if he is going to make the US completely independent on energy resources.

While the short term makes this looks really bad in the long term this may be a necessary step in waning us off of fossil fuels.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 14:59:18  
eliroo said: »
And Saudi Arabia.
*hiss*

He was trying to open a hotel but apparently that's not going to happen because he just announced today, that as President he is blocking all oil imports from Saudi Arabia.

This could get interesting. But it looks EPA deregulation is going to be a real thing if he is going to make the US completely independent on energy resources.

While the short term makes this looks really bad in the long term this may be a necessary step in waning us off of fossil fuels.

The concern being, of course, he just wants to tear up our own lands and oceans instead by completely deregulating everything.

Because the EPA is just a big waste of time for all involved.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:02:16  

Funny, nobody seemed to complain when Obama slammed Fox News over the years for making him look bad.
Could you provide some quotes about Obama stating that fox news was a failing business, that he was going to sue them, or that the media was inciting protests (a specific legal term which allows criminal prosecution and not protection under the first amendment)? Maybe you can give me some quotes on how Obama threatened to open up libel laws to sue more journalists and publications.

Perhaps you could have provided quotes that actually said those things (aside from the failing), because I responded to what you gave, not the unnamed other things that weren't even implied in the Twitter comments. The responder was concerned about Trump "attacking" the NYT, which Obama has done for Fox News. If you want a more comprehensive response, make a more comprehensive argument.

Don't forget "I was just being Ironic"

Now that's a word that's going get misused and lose all meaning by 2020.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 15:04:28  

It lost all meaning in 1995.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-22 15:05:02  
And Saudi Arabia.
*hiss*

The concern being, of course, he just wants to tear up our own lands and oceans instead by completely deregulating everything.

That is the "good" part of it though, it brings more of this battle back to our soil which will further incite protest and eventually require action. We will also reach a limit where fossil fuels will get to expensive and other energy sources will have to be exploited for the market to take advantage off.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-22 15:07:16  

Obama never said fox was a failing business. So, how are your quotes relevant then to the original post?

Trump:

(Irresponsible intent: No such legal term)

Trump said:
If I become president, oh they are going to have problems. They are going to have such problems.

One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:08:02  
And Saudi Arabia.
*hiss*

That is the "good" part of it though, it brings more of this battle back to our soil which will further incite protest and eventually require action. We will also reach a limit where fossil fuels will get to expensive and other energy sources will have to be exploited for the market to take advantage off.

But then that require some people coming to terms and admit they were arrogant *** to the previous administrations attempts to usher in new energy industries for the 21 century.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 15:08:37  
"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 15:09:27  
Werp. That was directed @

Quote:
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:10:38  

Obama never said fox was a failing business. So, how are your quotes relevant then to the original post?

Trump:

(Irresponsible intent: No such legal term)

Trump said:
If I become president, oh they are going to have problems. They are going to have such problems.

One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected

I really don't see what people mean when they say he comes off like an authoritarian dictator. How could people draw such an unfair conclusion?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 15:12:46  
I've said it going back to his very first entering the primary.

The man uses his lawyers to bully everyone. It's a disgusting abuse of our legal system pitting his money against people hoping he can use it to scare them away.

And I really doubt he's going to try to "shore up" those loopholes so people can't abuse them the way he claims he wants to with taxes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:13:41  

It lost all meaning in 1995.

YouTube Video Placeholder

It's like RAYYYYYYYINNN!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-22 15:14:09  
America needs to make up and get itself back together.

And we all know there is only one way to do that...

MAGICAL BABY GLUE!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:16:22  
I've said it going back to his very first entering the primary.

The man uses his lawyers to bully everyone. It's a disgusting abuse of our legal system pitting his money against people hoping he can use it to scare them away.

And I really doubt he's going to try to "shore up" those loopholes so people can't abuse them the way he claims he wants to with taxes.

He's a carpetbagger and it's going to bite him in the *** when his mass of down trodden and angry supporters realize he took advantage of them and their emotions.

I've been saying this for a while and no joke it's like yelling into the wind with some folks and relatives.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-22 15:18:36  
Not that I know if Hillary would have been any better in this regard, though she'd probably keep her cool about it publically a lot better.
There were/are many problems with Hillary Clinton and the first amendment. Her campaign sent cease & desist letters claiming defamation and other crap to broadcasters airing Trump ads.

Trump also did the same crap.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:21:03  

MAGICAL BABY GLUE!!

I like think that repairing America is like baking a cake made of magical baby batter!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 15:21:43  
Not that I know if Hillary would have been any better in this regard, though she'd probably keep her cool about it publically a lot better.
There were/are many problems with Hillary Clinton and the first amendment. Her campaign sent cease & desist letters claiming defamation and other crap to broadcasters airing Trump ads.

Trump also did the same crap.

That's unfortunate. I saw a lot of stupid ***in ads, but Trump's generally were about the tamest, least-offensive part of his campaign.

They were just traditional "America: *** YEAH! DONALD TRUMP WOO!" and "My opponent is bad."

Hillary got lucky in that Donald pretty much did it all for her in swaying anyone who was going to be swayed against him, she just had to show footage.

Him mocking the disabled reporter still really, really doesn't sit well.
By Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:24:33  
Him mocking the disabled reporter still really, really doesn't sit well.

The part that does it for me is where he denies he did that.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-22 15:26:24  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
... nobody is above the law...
Please come back from your wonderful fantasy.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-22 15:29:03  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Quote:
...he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

Again, there has to be a charge against the person in question for a pardon to exist.

Clinton was never charged with anything...yet.
Neither was Nixon. Ever. Offenses. Not charges.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 15:29:41  

They weren't. They were a snarky response to Zero's claim that Obama was joking and clever when talking about Fox News. You covered your point better in subsequent posts, and while I'm in agreement that Trump's anti-media rants are perhaps not in good taste, I don't agree that it's a big deal. I don't see a point in arguing it any further, either.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 15:30:39  

MAGICAL BABY GLUE!!

Crap, I can't remember when this became a thing. I remember it being funny, though.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 15:44:35  

They weren't. They were a snarky response to Zero's claim that Obama was joking and clever when talking about Fox News. You covered your point better in subsequent posts, and while I'm in agreement that Trump's anti-media rants are perhaps not in good taste, I don't agree that it's a big deal. I don't see a point in arguing it any further, either.

Yea and I +d you for it.

Now I know you said you don't to argue further on the matter.

However I'm really curious as to why you don't agree that a President/President-Elect ranting and threatening the free press is not a big deal.

For me it's potentially a big deal with respect to the first amendment.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 99 100 101