Random Politics & Religion #14

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 99 100 101

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-20 01:49:50  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Considering he's been part of legislation specifically designed to discriminate against the lgbt community, it's not an assumption knowing how he feels so nothing they said was out of line.

Since my point was that it was indeed them taking a shot at them... you're agreeing with me?

I wouldn't qualify that as taking a shot at him. They are protesting against his stances.

You guys sure do have a way of twisting words. One might call taking time out of your production to specifically call out one member of your audience "rude" (one who is there to support your production, no less). One might go so far as to call it "harassment" when, instead of voicing your concerns privately, you make a big show out of it in front of everyone. Enough with the semantics.

Beyond that, it's a tad hypocritical to attack someone's "discrimination" when you, uh, had your own little bout of discrimination. Yeah yeah, that's false equivalence, no no, that's not a double standard, yadda yadda yadda.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-20 02:01:38  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Yes if you're part of a minority and you want to talk to the new vice president directly just call him up and meet him somewhere in private; There is no need to do it in a public place in front of everyone.

You're right. There's no such thing as a happy medium. Let's do it in the most bombastic, highest media-coverage way possible because there is literally no other choice. And I'm sure their intentions were 100% pure
and their bleeding hearts just care that much
, because clearly they actually believe that Pence gives a crap what some liberal actors think.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-20 06:21:40  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Savel, everything you said is correct.

The electoral college still violates the one person one vote bit.

But yes, it was intended to.

Not really. Your vote still counts within your own state. When you vote you aren't directly voting for the President, you are signaling your state which president you want them to support. Citizens don't elect the President, the States do. Now within your own State you indeed have a one person one vote system. Colorado passed Marijuana legalization via referendum which is an example of this. California (along with some other states) just did the same. A states Executive entity is it's Governor which you do have a one person one vote for. It's legislation entity are the state congressmen which draft and vote on legislation within the state. State legislation's are by far the most important and have the greatest impact on everyday life.

The Federal government itself just governs interactions between states via the commerce clause while also providing for national defense and dealing with foreign governments. The last two generations have never really understood that the USA is designed so that State governments have the most power in the day to day running of the nation. Due to big media and large scale international events we have lost track of how important States rights are, and recently several states have reasserted them. When it comes to States vs Federal, the States have a ***ton of power. Colorado has cannabis fully legalized, they are even taxing it for state income. The Federal government has cannabis as an extremely illegal substance (Class 1. Yet because the plants are grown, cultivated, produced, distributed and sold within Colorado itself, the Federal government really can't do much about it.

People need to stop seeing the USA as a single country like England, Sweden, France or Spain and more analogous to the United Nations or European Union. In fact the EU was patterned after the USA in an attempt to enable European countries to be economically competitive with the USA. Expecting a one person one vote presidential election in the USA is the same as expecting a one person one vote election of the "Presidency of the Council of the European Union". I mean when was the last time a European citizen actually voted on who their overall executive authority was for the EU? You guys do know such a thing exists and that legislation passed by them must be accepted and implemented my the member states of the EU. That was the whole reason the UK went apeshit about it's membership.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-11-20 06:38:46  
Doesn't want us talking about Trump University? He brought it up in his own tweet just the other day lol. Media is losing its minds.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-20 07:17:14  
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 08:03:50  
Considering he's been part of legislation specifically designed to discriminate against the lgbt community, it's not an assumption knowing how he feels so nothing they said was out of line.
Pretty sure if the cast called you out for your politics you'd think you were being harassed.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 09:31:56  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Pretty sure if the cast called you out for your politics you'd think you were being harassed.

The cast didn't harass him. The audience did with their boos; which the cast asked them not to do.

If people genuinely believe what the cast said was harassment then we genuinely can not have an adult conversation about politics in general.

Having seen the video of the interaction from the cast during their bows it was benign, non offensive and extremely respectful.

We could talk about the performance that occurred the next night when a Trump supporter shouted "*** you, we won..." during a segment relating to immigrant contributions to the development of the country.

Or we could talk about Trump settling his Trump U case and coming out of pocket for it, like the post I made several pages back now.

Or we can continue to be entertained by you and your ilk circle jerking non existent semantics in order to avoid engaging in a real conversation.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-20 09:40:01  
I rather talk about how Trump ruined Thanksgiving !
By fonewear 2016-11-20 09:40:40  
How could you possibly eat in times like these...I'm still recovering from the election.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-20 09:42:37  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

The cast didn't harass him. The audience did with their boos; which the cast asked them not to do.

If people genuinely believe what the cast said was harassment then we genuinely can not have an adult conversation about politics in general.

Having seen the video of the interaction from the cast during their bows it was benign, non offensive and extremely respectful.

We could talk about the performance that occurred the next night when a Trump supporter shouted "*** you, we won..." during a segment relating to immigrant contributions to the development of the country.

Or we could talk about Trump settling his Trump U case and coming out of pocket for it, like the post I made several pages back now.

Or we can continue to be entertained by you and your ilk circle jerking non existent semantics in order to avoid engaging in a real conversation.

So let me get this straight because I am laughing so hard that it is hard to type. Your saying the crowd was justified to boo Pence, but the Trump supporter the next day was not ok to share his feelings? I see a slightly huge double standard here.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-20 09:43:50  
He said the cast that spoke to him on stage was not harassing him. Which is ridiculous to even imply considering how polite and respectful they were in addressing him.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 09:57:23  
Odin.Slore said: »
Your saying the crowd was justified to boo Pence, but the Trump supporter the next day was not ok to share his feelings? I see a slightly huge double standard here.

You got that from:

As you can see I never said what you interpreted.

But you bring to a light a glaring problem when it comes dialogue:
"It's obvious that what I said is not what you heard"
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-20 10:44:08  
I see a slightly huge double standard here.

Welcome to liberal progressive mentality where their motto is "The end justifies the means". If something supports their agenda or point of view, then it's labeled "good" and protected / championed. If another thing rejects their agenda or point of view it's labeled "evil" and demonized / fought against. It's very much a "with me or against me" mentality.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 10:46:04  

So let me get this straight because I am laughing so hard that it is hard to type. Your saying the crowd was justified to boo Pence, but the Trump supporter the next day was not ok to share his feelings? I see a slightly huge double standard here.

Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance. it is particularly pernicious because it comes disguised AS tolerance.

George Carlin
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-20 10:48:13  
Can't people seriously not read or do they just refuse to do so???
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-20 10:57:42  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Yes if you're part of a minority and you want to talk to the new vice president directly just call him up and meet him somewhere in private; There is no need to do it in a public place in front of everyone.

You're right. There's no such thing as a happy medium. Let's do it in the most bombastic, highest media-coverage way possible because there is literally no other choice. And I'm sure their intentions were 100% pure
and their bleeding hearts just care that much
, because clearly they actually believe that Pence gives a crap what some liberal actors think.

Wrong medium rare is a happy medium:

Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 11:16:04  

We can talk about how a public figure should or shouldn't expect X level of harassment all day if you want. But we cannot have an honest conversation about this if you simply ignore the premise that if the cast did it to you you would think you were being harassed.

The cast DID harass him. That IS rude, and whenever this happens vice versa people demand an apology. So what's wrong with Trump doing the same (even if he doesn't mean it at all)?
By fonewear 2016-11-20 11:24:34  
The real question is why is Mike Pence going to a musical ? Shouldn't he be wrestling grizzly bears with Putin ?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-20 11:27:24  
I didn't know what Hamilton was (not in the musical theater loop) it sounds terrible:

Hamilton: An American Musical is a musical about the life of American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, with music, lyrics, and book by Lin-Manuel Miranda.[1] The show, inspired by the 2004 biography Alexander Hamilton by historian Ron Chernow, achieved both critical acclaim and box office success.

All with a funky hip hop beat. That sounds worse than the high school musicals back when I was in high school...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 12:18:06  

We can talk about how a public figure should or shouldn't expect X level of harassment all day if you want. But we cannot have an honest conversation about this if you simply ignore the premise that if the cast did it to you you would think you were being harassed.

The cast DID harass him. That IS rude, and whenever this happens vice versa people demand an apology. So what's wrong with Trump doing the same (even if he doesn't mean it at all)?

Your cognitive dissonance is at an all time high. Good thing the majority of politicians don't share the same thin skin temperament.

Let's see how Mike Pence felt on the subject shall we?

YouTube Video Placeholder

My would you look at he's totally chill about it. Sounds like conservative media is generating faux outrage because apparently you can't express your first amendment rights or have a differing opinion. Isn't that what several of you have been saying about liberal media as you give each other +'s? Why yes, yes it is.

Faux moderates projecting alt-right insecurities onto the left in order to justify their bully temperament.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-20 12:35:33  
Asura.Saevel said: »
People need to stop seeing the USA as a single country like England, Sweden, France or Spain....
IDK about Sweeden but England, France and Spain ate not single unified countries. Indeed England is only part of the united kingdom.

Also the one person one vote thing is not limited to the states.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 14:10:51  
Zero, do we need to pull out the dictionary and see what the definition of harassment is?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 14:34:11  
Being what your track record is with misunderstanding the meaning of words this will be lots of fun.

Quote:
Harassment: covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behavior which is found threatening or disturbing.

None of the qualifiers were met. Nor the actual person you claim to be harassed felt threaten or disturbed. With respect to the audience booing him, in his own words, "Remember, this is what freedom sounds like". With respect to the actors at the end of the play when they came out for the routine ovation by the audience and then addressing him, it was not repetitive.

You guys have been creating a false narrative over this non-issue, from pretending they interrupted the play breaking character and the 4th wall when it didn't play out like that all to feigning outrage over nothing.

Excuse me and others for not drinking the Kool-Aid on these "distractions" from the real issues, let alone indulge you on these delusional narratives.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 15:28:45  
Here's from Meriam Webster

Full Definition of harass
transitive verb
a : exhaust, fatigue
b (1) : to annoy persistently (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

To call out pence (or anyone) in a broadway show is to create an unpleasant situation through uninvited verbal conduct.

(Yawn)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 15:43:48  

transitive verb
b (1) : to annoy persistently (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

To call out pence (or anyone) in a broadway show is to create an unpleasant situation through uninvited verbal conduct.

(Yawn)

Interesting cherry pick of b2.

This is becoming exhausting to the point of fatigue with your unpleasant attempts at persistent annoyance. With the hostile approach in this situation; one could say you are definitively harassing in nature.

But don't worry nobody here expects you to apologize for using your freedom of expression.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-11-20 15:55:42  

transitive verb

(Yawn)
They should have just grabbed him the genitals instead. Because that is not harassment.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 99 100 101