Random Politics & Religion #14

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 99 100 101
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-17 07:51:15  
He's not going anywhere for the next four years unless he dies, give it up.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 07:52:31  
I would theorize that the "silent majority" is a real thing but it is not a hard and fast thing. The silent majority for the past eight years has been the rural poor and the things they believe. Correctly or incorrectly. And even then there are so many sub-categories in that "silent majority" that their reasons for voting Trump are all different, but they in the end they voted for the same guy and swung the electorate in his favor.

Xenophobia, racism, misogyny? Absolutely. Like it or not there are people that have those beliefs and vote with them.

Evangelicals? Yep.

People who are actually pretty liberal but are sick and tired of being broke and not having a job without leaving everything they've ever known to move to a city life they don't know, want, or like? Mmmhmm.

People who even actually believe climate change is real and that oil/coal extraction hurt the environment, but have to set aside that unfortunate fact because they need a *** job or there kid doesn't eat? They're certainly out there. (That's a good portion of my family back home, for the record.)

And plenty of other different instances that all pointed to the same thing: "We don't like Trump, but we're voting for him."

And then you have the people more represented on these forums, the people who are, by and large, lucky enough to be able to vote ideologically based on economic or social beliefs because we're in an okay spot financially.

But there's a hierarchy to things. First you've gotta eat and put a roof over your head, then you can worry about the rest. And we're a big country with a lot of people in a lot of different situations.

And I won't be surprised if next time round the silent majority isn't the same group of folks swaying the election.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 07:53:57  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

Not inaccurate, but also half the story.

Proof: CJ.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 07:55:31  
Here's the thing about those tweets: they're a major part of the left's problem. Too many of them live in an echo chamber safe space and aren't taking into account a lot of people with valid beliefs that simply don't align with theirs. They only see the portion of Trump voters who actually are deplorable and lump every single Trump supporter in with them.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 07:56:59  
Ramyrez said: »
aren't taking into account a lot of people with valid beliefs and needs that simply don't align with theirs.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By eliroo 2016-11-17 08:02:55  
They also have a problem understanding how certain issues actually effect peoples livelihoods. Climate change is something we should strive for but what are you doing for the countless people losing their jobs to better the climate? Sure there may be new jobs created but are we certain those new jobs are going to those people who will lose theirs? No one considers this.

We want a carbon Tax, we want to end the coal business, we want gun control, we want to increase taxes on the rich, we want to nationally raise minimum wage. All of these wants have huge negative impact on the middle class and all of the blue collar workers. People far left don't realize this nor do they even understand that they need to realize this. They are so caught up in the "I'm right, your wrong" attitude that they never consider the people.

I'm left leaning but I'd like to think that I understand peoples struggle for jobs and how some decisions can completely remove their jobs and that ***is scary when you have a wife and kids to provide for.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-17 08:11:56  
eliroo said: »
Climate change is something we should strive for
Imma assume you worded that wrong lol.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 08:13:52  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Yeah, I chuckled a little but I knew what he meant. XD
By eliroo 2016-11-17 08:14:19  

Now I think we need to change the Climate so the middle east / Persian gulf areas become unlivable then fix it from there.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 08:14:27  
They also have a problem understanding how certain issues actually effect peoples livelihoods. Climate change is something we should strive for but what are you doing for the countless people losing their jobs to better the climate? Sure there may be new jobs created but are we certain those new jobs are going to those people who will lose theirs? No one considers this.

We want a carbon Tax, we want to end the coal business, we want gun control, we want to increase taxes on the rich, we want to nationally raise minimum wage. All of these wants have huge negative impact on the middle class and all of the blue collar workers. People far left don't realize this nor do they even understand that they need to realize this. They are so caught up in the "I'm right, your wrong" attitude that they never consider the people.

I'm left leaning but I'd like to think that I understand peoples struggle for jobs and how some decisions can completely remove their jobs and that ***is scary when you have a wife and kids to provide for.

As the song says.

"I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, and there ain't nothin' in this world for free."
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-17 08:14:55  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
there's nothing to support this and no one has provided any evidence otherwise (surprise).

Now all we have to do is wait for them to vote....

<insert passage of vast ammounts of time here >
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-17 08:17:26  

Truthfully though, yea I meant that we should strive to fix the issues causing climate change.

I often type very fast and never really proof read :/
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 08:17:51  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
there's nothing to support this and no one has provided any evidence otherwise (surprise).

Now all we have to do is wait for them to vote....

<insert passage of vast ammounts of time heresinister laughter and hand rubbing >
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 08:18:20  
I often type very fast and never really proof read :/

DAMMIT ROOKS.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-17 08:19:42  
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 08:42:25  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I'm glad to see you so positive in the least.

2017 has to be better than my 2016 because I don't have enough family members left alive to repeat this number of deaths lol
So there's clearly a phenomenon where people can't seem to rationalize the turnout Trump (record minorities) got with the fact that everyone says he's racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

How does it become clear in your words?
We all knew there was a minority in your nation of people that believed trump's campaign promises; That minority voted for him. And because of their locations, their vote mattered more than the majority. I don't think people are more susceptible to fearmongering as they get older or anything like that though.

Are you counting illegal immigrants in that majority? Cause I'm pretty sure there are millions of them that voted.
That majority of voters includes everyone that voted for Clinton.

And I'm telling you of that "majority" million of il-legals are in there and thus invalidate the assertion.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-17 08:46:11  
As we are younger we are more open to change and want to move society forward. We are also open to the government aiding us in our endeavors as we are typically going to be more poor and more in need of government assistance. As we get older we will end up relying on that less and actually want the government to be less involved in our lives and not take what we worked our life trying to getting. Older people will also be less susceptible to change and will be less likely to think progressively.
Social Security and medicade/medicare say differently.

One theory was:
The young are usually less risk adverse.
As you get older you are more risk adverse.

However, this (and the theory you and others are throwing out) should be re-examined because both Brexit and Trump was a vote for change, a risk that is very difficult to estimate (especially in Brexit case).

In both of those elections older voters voted for risk.

Frankly, generalizing based on age is a very poor measurement.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 08:51:34  
I'm glad to see you so positive in the least.

2017 has to be better than my 2016 because I don't have enough family members left alive to repeat this number of deaths lol
So there's clearly a phenomenon where people can't seem to rationalize the turnout Trump (record minorities) got with the fact that everyone says he's racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

How does it become clear in your words?
We all knew there was a minority in your nation of people that believed trump's campaign promises; That minority voted for him. And because of their locations, their vote mattered more than the majority. I don't think people are more susceptible to fearmongering as they get older or anything like that though.

Are you counting illegal immigrants in that majority? Cause I'm pretty sure there are millions of them that voted.
That majority of voters includes everyone that voted for Clinton.

And I'm telling you of that "majority" million of il-legals are in there and thus invalidate the assertion.
I'd love to read the source you're getting that from. Are you saying that convicted rapists and murders are allowed to legally vote in your country? and a. That fact bothers you? and b. None of them voted for trump?

This sounds a bit presumptive.

I'm saying of the millions of people here illegitimatey a few million of them voted, and it's highly doubtful that they voted for the guy that wants them all to leave.

Why do I think they voted? Because there's nothing of significance standing in their way to do so.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-17 08:53:34  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
As we are younger we are more open to change and want to move society forward. We are also open to the government aiding us in our endeavors as we are typically going to be more poor and more in need of government assistance. As we get older we will end up relying on that less and actually want the government to be less involved in our lives and not take what we worked our life trying to getting. Older people will also be less susceptible to change and will be less likely to think progressively.

One theory was:

However, this (and the theory you and others are throwing out) should be re-examined because both Brexit and Trump was a vote for change, a risk that is very difficult to estimate (especially in Brexit case).

Maybe they didn't vote for the risk itself, but just to become heard. Maybe they didn't like being ignored by those who claim to be "enlightened" and demand that we fall in line or be ostracized to oblivion. Maybe they don't like the direction the country is going and are willing to take the risk to make their lives better, even when they are so risk-adverse that it goes against their nature, but they needed change because staying "on course" would mean that their, along with everyone else's, way of life will continue to deteriorate.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-17 08:54:42  
I'd love to read the source you're getting that from

alex jones

snopes
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 08:56:29  
The highest position illegal immigrants can vote for is town council; They did not vote for Hillary Nsisi.

What prevented them from doing so?
By fonewear 2016-11-17 08:58:12  
Remember when we were Young and Restless...*coma fantasy intensifies*
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-17 08:59:39  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »

One theory was:

Maybe they didn't vote for the risk itself, but just to become heard. Maybe they didn't like being ignored by those who claim to be "enlightened" and demand that we fall in line or be ostracized to oblivion. Maybe they don't like the direction the country is going and are willing to take the risk to make their lives better, even when they are so risk-adverse that it goes against their nature, but they needed change because staying "on course" would mean that their, along with everyone else's, way of life will continue to deteriorate.
Maybe that is/was their belief.

That doesn't change the fact that those voters who were older voted for risk or "change" and the young voted in a risk adverse manner.

That goes against the principle that as you age you are more risk adverse.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-17 09:02:20  
Hillary voters it ain't over till the fat lady sings:

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 99 100 101