Random Politics & Religion #14

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 99 100 101

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-11 14:58:45  
If she'd have lost by one electoral college vote, it still would have been the most horrible routing the world has ever seen to the victors, it's all part of the game.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 15:02:48  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And people are saying it, but they aren't being listened to while the liberals/media are licking their wounds from a horrendous defeat at the hands of the public.
for the forth time people: using hyperbole for an election this close is completely erroneous.
The sooner you stop, the sooner you don't sound foolish.
Maybe if you didn't read one line out of an entire post, you wouldn't look foolish yourself.

Because it's pretty obvious when I say people, I mean political pundits, not the general population.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-11 15:02:57  
I did, but you cannot impeach a president outside of office....
But you can.

An article I posted somewhere here about the concept of impeaching Hillary by a constitionial scholar said so.

He was still limiting it to stuff done in office though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-11 15:04:13  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Prior to the election, I didn't care which of these fools won but now I'm glad Trump did for one reason.

It's forcing liberals to recognize that it's more than the fringe that disagree with them, which is what they were so sure of.
What? lol...
In other words (assuming you aren't trolling, of course), that it's not just a minority that disagree with them, but most of the nation.

Trump is not the candidate we wanted, but we got him, and he is better than the alternative. Better to elect him than it is to have more "PC crap" shoved down our throats.
That's not even true... not only was it not the majority of people that put trump into office but it's not like it's news that people disagree with liberal views... maybe to you it is idk...

You complain of "PC" crap being shoved down your throats and others complain of other things like religion or other types of shaming being shoved down their throats... jesus its like some people are blind to the fact that this kind of stuff existed before the current "pc" stuff people complain about now... or maybe some of you just agreed with that stuff and didn't care... idk but this ***is annoying...

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2016-11-11 15:09:09  
This is the best monologue I've heard all year (seriously - a very well articulated rant aimed at neoliberalism)
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 15:09:25  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But you can.

An article I posted somewhere here about the concept of impeaching Hillary by a constitionial scholar said so.

Again, how can you impeach somebody who has never taken office before in his life?

At least limit your anger to things he does, not what he or other say.

You of all people should know that what a politician says ≠ what a politician does.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 15:19:59  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
This is the best monologue I've heard all year (seriously - a very well articulated rant aimed at neoliberalism)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
There is a great deal of closed minded attitudes sadly on the far left, coupled with their much bigger presence in the media yeah it's killing dialogue.
And they are not changing.

So, lamenting on it isn't going to help.
By Bloodrose 2016-11-11 15:21:01  
Bloodrose said: »
Quite a few of the more liberal posters here have identified the problems - in a nut shell, Hillary managed to sabotage her own campaign.
That's a problem. That's not the problem.

What it boils down to is that it wasn't really Trump vs. Clinton that won Trump the election, it was Political Correctness and Establishment vs. the rest of the nation. It was that people were tired of being looked down upon and called "deplorable" for not agreeing and falling in step with the liberal message.

It's been building for years. The "elites" of the political class snubbing their noses towards the rest of the community and nation as a whole, telling us that we are no good for having a different viewpoint that they do.

In FFXI terms, it's the very few people who can knock out 5% more damage on parsers snubbing those who are trying to enjoy the game as it is.

It's really that simple. And people are saying it, but they aren't being listened to while the liberals/media are licking their wounds from a horrendous defeat at the hands of the public.

It wasn't Trump who won this election, it was the voice of the people who won.
Should read harder, son!

I said PROBLEMS (plural, yo), and made A list of PROBLEMS. Part of what you describe is *how* she sabotaged her own campaign.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 15:30:15  
Quite a few of the more liberal posters here have identified the problems - in a nut shell, Hillary managed to sabotage her own campaign.

What it boils down to is that it wasn't really Trump vs. Clinton that won Trump the election, it was Political Correctness and Establishment vs. the rest of the nation. It was that people were tired of being looked down upon and called "deplorable" for not agreeing and falling in step with the liberal message.

It's been building for years. The "elites" of the political class snubbing their noses towards the rest of the community and nation as a whole, telling us that we are no good for having a different viewpoint that they do.

In FFXI terms, it's the very few people who can knock out 5% more damage on parsers snubbing those who are trying to enjoy the game as it is.

It's really that simple. And people are saying it, but they aren't being listened to while the liberals/media are licking their wounds from a horrendous defeat at the hands of the public.

Should read harder, son!

I said PROBLEMS (plural, yo), and made A list of PROBLEMS. Part of what you describe is *how* she sabotaged her own campaign.
/reads harder

I see your list, but it seems like everything you stated can be combined together in the quoted sentence.

But the failure of the election to the liberals can be construed in several key articles outlying real, fixable problems with the liberal/democrat party. But none of that's going to happen when you continue down the same, tired, and continuously beaten path that lead them to losing so much of their gains from Obama's first day in office.

It's almost like they don't even listen to reason anymore.
By Blazed1979 2016-11-11 15:30:44  
Dude the left on this website CAN'T STAND an opinion that is different than theirs.

I've been suspended for weeks for stating my opinion!

I am ANTI-GAY MARRIAGE
I am ANTI-FEMINISM
YES - I DO BELIEVE MEN AND WOMEN CAN ENJOY EQUAL RIGHTS BUT REMAIN FUNDAMENTALLY AND VASTLY DIFFERENT ON A BIOLOGICAL LEVEL. GENDER ISN'T A *** CHOICE!

*** you fascists!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 15:32:41  
It's the Windurstian's fault.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-11-11 15:32:58  

Should read harder, son!

/reads harder

I see your list, but it seems like everything you stated can be combined together in the quoted sentence.

But the failure of the election to the liberals can be construed in several key articles outlying real, fixable problems with the liberal/democrat party. But none of that's going to happen when you continue down the same, tired, and continuously beaten path that lead them to losing so much of their gains from Obama's first day in office.

It's almost like they don't even listen to reason anymore.
Hardcore partyliners and the actual parties themselves never do. And it's not just with the democratic party. A lot of the same issues are found in equal measure, or nearly equal measure in the Republican base.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-11 15:35:34  
*** you fascists!

*** you too buddy!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 15:36:39  
A lot of the same issues are found in equal measure, or nearly equal measure in the Republican base.
And I'm not going to deny that one bit.

The Republicans have a very rare opportunity to do some real good for this nation. This is (either first or 2nd) time since 1929 that they hold the WH, Congress, (essentially) the courts, the governorships, and the state legislation in most of the US. This is more power than the liberals/democrats had in 2009-2010.

We have been handed a blank check. We could either do what the liberals/democrats did in 2010 and sign our future away or we could hold back, do some good for the nation, and see a flourish of long-term power for the Republicans for a good while.

It's so real it's scary to think about it.
By Blazed1979 2016-11-11 15:37:14  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-11 15:38:52  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

I absolutely love this. I hope more people watched.

It's probably not anything that people haven't heard some variant of in the past three days, but it's said with such passion.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2016-11-11 15:47:51  
A lot of the same issues are found in equal measure, or nearly equal measure in the Republican base.

The Republicans have a very rare opportunity to do some real good for this nation. This is (either first or 2nd) time since 1929 that they hold the WH, Congress, (essentially) the courts, the governorships, and the state legislation in most of the US. This is more power than the liberals/democrats had in 2009-2010.

We have been handed a blank check. We could either do what the liberals/democrats did in 2010 and sign our future away or we could hold back, do some good for the nation, and see a flourish of long-term power for the Republicans for a good while.

I'm actually interested in seeing what will happen, and not what people are saying is going to happen.

The hardcore partyliners who are apparently too good to take the gracious leanings of seeing what he does with an open mind, wishing to come to Canada, are doing the same thing that the hardcore partyliners of the republicans threatened to do with Obama was elected. Only I think some of them are trying to go through with it.

There are a lot of things that the conservative base want to see implemented, but it has to be fiscally sound and responsible. The larger problem is that the party politics is what got in the way of making those things happen.

As far as PPACA goes, I don't think it needs to be wiped away entirely, because let's face it - America needed to overhaul it's entire healthcare system. I just think placing it on the go federally all at once was a bad move. it should have been a gradual testing ground, with participation of each state having a say and discussion. And I really doubt it will be removed, too many people who didn't have even basic insurance, and now have it, need it, love it, and are using it as intended.

If anything, it'll more than likely be tweaked in areas that are suffering most from overages as the health care system takes on a new shape, and efficiency.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-11 15:51:36  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But you can.

Again, how can you impeach somebody who has never taken office before in his life?
That part I don't know.

Quote:
At least limit your anger to things he does, not what he or other say.

You of all people should know that what a politician says ≠ what a politician does.
Not angry. And of course.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-11 15:55:35  
The Republicans have a very rare opportunity to do some real good for this nation....
But they won't.

They will do wonderful things for the wealthy. But for the rest of us? Look at Kansas.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 16:00:20  
The hardcore partyliners who are apparently too good to take the gracious leanings of seeing what he does with an open mind, wishing to come to Canada, are doing the same thing that the hardcore partyliners of the republicans threatened to do with Obama was elected. Only I think some of them are trying to go through with it.
Reason why it never happened to Obama outside the legal limits of Congress is because 1) it would be political suicide and 2) it could be easily overturned.

But for a party who has played legal obstruction many times before (see: Wyoming democrats suing and using "lawfare" tactics on conservative opponents), it will more than likely happen. Except this time, it will be brought out onto the spotlight and a lot more democrats/liberals will be ousted because of it.

As far as PPACA goes, I don't think it needs to be wiped away entirely, because let's face it - America needed to overhaul it's entire healthcare system. I just think placing it on the go federally all at once was a bad move. it should have been a gradual testing ground, with participation of each state having a say and discussion. And I really doubt it will be removed, too many people who didn't have even basic insurance, and now have it, need it, love it, and are using it as intended.
Those that get it for free love it you mean.

Those who get subsidies, even 2/3rds subsidies, are still paying nearly 100 bucks a month just to be covered. And those who don't get subsidies at all? A lot of them can't even afford it.

And companies who are just barely making it without the very expensive health insurance bill each month? They are going out of business, which leads to more unemployment and compounding the real economic problem. You don't try to solve one problem by making another worse....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 16:02:16  
Candlejack said: »
I wonder if KN realizes that under federal law, a convicted felon cannot hold public office of any kind?

I wonder if KN realizes that the crime of rape warrants a felony charge, and there are still rape cases pending against Trump?

Essentially, even if Trump is sworn in before the verdicts in any of those cases come down, if there is a single guilty verdict he is instantly impeachable. Proceedings can, and should, start if that happens.
I wonder if CJ realizes that all of those "rape" charges are well past the limitations statue, and cannot actually go to trial.

Also, I wonder if CJ realizes that these "rape" charges were never brought up until after Trump became nominee.

Makes you wonder if these charges are real or not.....
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-11 16:02:34  
Candlejack said: »

I'm actually interested in seeing what will happen, and not what people are saying is going to happen.

There are a lot of things that the conservative base want to see implemented, but it has to be fiscally sound and responsible. The larger problem is that the party politics is what got in the way of making those things happen.

If anything, it'll more than likely be tweaked in areas that are suffering most from overages as the health care system takes on a new shape, and efficiency.
Trump wants to take it back to the days of "everyone pays for his or her insurance which can be denied due to pre-existing conditions, and if you can't afford it, you die in the street without medical care".

I call ***. ACA has hurt me a ton. My insurance is $1200 a month for a family of 3 with a $6,000 deductible. When am I going to burn through a $6k deductible unless something major happens? It's no good.

I spent about $5k on healthcare last year for regular checkups and scripts. I was way better off before it went into effect I had great coverage before that but obums lies about how I could keep my health plan was *** cause BCBS did away with it because it didnt cover womens health coverage. THERE ARE NO WOMEN ON MY INSURANCE!
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 99 100 101