Random Politics & Religion #14

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 99 100 101
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 10:45:14  
To keep my streak of jokes today: Hillary lost her mitten!
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 10:47:38  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
To keep my streak of jokes today: Hillary lost her mitten!

That naughty kitten.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 10:50:56  
You're making it weird!
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 10:56:06  
You're making it weird!

The Three Little Kittens...it's a very well known nursery rhyme...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 10:56:29  
Yeah ok but oyu just called Hillary a naughty kitten..
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 10:58:03  
It's so hilarious to me that the liberals kept stressing how important a peaceful transition of power was--

Hillary, to her credit isn't fighting it

--and the liberals are up in arms.

A few people have been dumb enough to post terroristic messages towards Trump on crap like Facebook and Twitter, supposedly.

---

What do you think Hilary will do with the drapes she already picked out?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 11:01:09  
Yeah ok but oyu just called Hillary a naughty kitten..

Well she lost her mittens!
VIP
By Kalila 2016-11-10 11:02:07  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Actually, looking at the map again, even Travis County went red.
By County

Size of Lead

Change from 2012
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 11:04:08  
So while talking about the electoral system somewhere else, I half-jokingly(but not so much actually) said that states should be reshaped.

Is that completely impossible though?
VIP
By Kalila 2016-11-10 11:06:42  
Sorry I just kinda realized how long that post is, can't edit and spoiler those. my bad
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 11:07:19  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
It's so hilarious to me that the liberals kept stressing how important a peaceful transition of power was--

A few people have been dumb enough to post terroristic messages towards Trump on crap like Facebook and Twitter, supposedly.

---

That's sort of the thing, too. The worry with Trump was he wouldn't accept the results of the election and was calling for potentially unpeaceful action.

I wish people could see that this is two sides of the same coin and the same thing happening on both sides of the electorate. People feel ignored. People feel forgotten. People feel abused. And People are afraid. It's a target rich environment for people who want to whip up the masses into an angry mob for whatever purpose.

Yes, as KN and I said before, most of the talk of militias fighting back with arms was overblown hot air. But I'm sure at least some of them were very serious. And you have the same on the left. Their methods are different, but their reasons are the same. Whether their perceptions are accurate or not is a problem, but it's the clogged toilet in a burning house. You've got to put out the fire before you fix the shitter.

The fire's been lit, and we need to get control of it. As peacefully and with as few injuries as possible. Because as we've seen, every death or abuse -- even done for presumably the right reasons -- can have problematic consequences.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 11:07:40  
@Kalila - yeah, that's probably more like it.

I don't know why that other map isn't right. Guess I'm not trusting that source anymore.

So while talking about the electoral system somewhere else, I half-jokingly(but not so much actually) said that states should be reshaped.

Reshaped as how?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 11:09:18  

Nothing is completely impossible, but it would be a pretty drastic undertaking at this point. You'd be better off trying to redraw voting districts in some sort of equitable manner, but again, doing so over state lines would be very difficult.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-11-10 11:09:46  
Also, here is an interactive / scrolling map that explains some stuff:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/elections/how-trump-pushed-the-election-map-to-the-right.html
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 11:09:54  

Yes it's impossible... instead we deal with gerrymandering which is basically changing electoral districts... it's more of a problem within a state than for national elections though... some of the district shapes in Illinois are insane... they need to simplify it all and make it as square as possible per/100,000 people and leave it be...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 11:13:43  
Ramyrez said: »
That's sort of the thing, too. The worry with Trump was he wouldn't accept the results of the election and was calling for potentially unpeaceful action.

I wish people could see that this is two sides of the same coin and the same thing happening on both sides of the electorate. People feel ignored. People feel forgotten. People feel abused. And People are afraid. It's a target rich environment for people who want to whip up the masses into an angry mob for whatever purpose.

Yes, as KN and I said before, most of the talk of militias fighting back with arms was overblown hot air. But I'm sure at least some of them were very serious. And you have the same on the left. Their methods are different, but their reasons are the same. Whether their perceptions are accurate or not is a problem, but it's the clogged toilet in a burning house. You've got to put out the fire before you fix the shitter.

The fire's been lit, and we need to get control of it. As peacefully and with as few injuries as possible. Because as we've seen, every death or abuse -- even done for presumably the right reasons -- can have problematic consequences.
The problem is though, that people "protesting" (yes Kara, I know that protesting ≠ rioting) now are going to riot if they don't get their way. These are the same people who induced violence for all 3 Ferguson riots, the OWS "protest" (that, in some areas, turned very violent and can honestly be considered a riot in those cases), and the paid-to-riot Trump rallies.

And this will continue probably for the next 4 years too.

Which would not have happened if Clinton became president. I mean, where's the riots when Obama was elected?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 11:18:40  

sources inside her campaign are saying that they (Bill and Hillary) knew she wouldn't win after the debates.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 11:18:54  
Kalila said: »
Nik beat you to it by at least 38 minutes.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 11:20:16  
Kalila said: »
Also, here is an interactive / scrolling map that explains some stuff:

yeah but how do you feel about the election?

charts and graphs are great but we can't all gang up on you unless you state your opinion!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 11:22:02  
Striks me as a Gary fan!
By Bloodrose 2016-11-10 11:24:16  
Striks me as a Gary fan!

Gary the Snail for president 2020!
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 11:27:34  
Night of the election, some guy on tv called this the biggest travesty since 9/11, WW2 and the Civil War.

I'm kinda getting that, the civil war comparison at least.

And not because of who won and who didn't but watching the gloating on facebook and watching ***like petition to have the electoral college (I think the EC is outdated and dumb) defy the vote of their states and elect Hiliary anyway.

Guess what guys, if they do that, your vote really does mean jack-***.

But yeah, I know we haven't lost hundreds of thousands of lives over this but just the whole brother against brother bit.

God, it's sad.

(If the results were reversed, all the same ***would be going on)

---

Watching people on tv argue and watching you guys argue is merely interesting and entertaining to me. You're mostly nice people but I don't care about you. The permanent damage this is doing to my real life friends is just sad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-10 11:30:06  

Well, the idea behind it is to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

Given that popular vote was pretty much neck and neck one can say we don't have a clear cut "majority". This is crux of the matter and disconnect we are currently experiencing with "representative democracy".

This really is a gray area and a great topic for conversation, since you can argue that it protects the smaller population areas from the policies of the concentrated population areas; with respect to votes per capita. Yet, you can also make an argument that it does not protect the concentrated population centers from the policies of the rural. Metropolitan areas are the minority when comparing the volume of urban and rural counties.

Is it unfair that there are more votes per capita in the city or is it unfair that there is a disproportionate volume counties/districts?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 11:34:30  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
and a great topic for conversation
I know I'm awesome, you're welcome!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 11:34:51  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
and a great topic for conversation
I know I'm awesome, you're welcome!
Get out...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 11:35:26  
(If the results were reversed, all the same ***would be going on)

This is how I've been feeling for quite some time. It almost didn't matter who won because the other side would be furious and we'd have an ongoing acrimonious shitstorm.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-10 11:38:49  

---

These people are more than likely angry and afraid. They're probably in target demographic of some Trump's more divisive rhetoric when it comes to our population.

The establishment is following traditions but the fact that people are up in arms because the guy who said they deport all illegal immigrants and families (children who were born here), along with banning muslims, and veiled references about the "inner city".

That's actually Trump's fault and he needs own it and take responsibility in fixing the perception he created of himself by them.

You gotta take ownership of what you say and do. Repercussions and Reciprocity are very real things that tend catch up with people, especially politicians.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-10 11:40:24  
Ugh gotta live with not being able to edit in grammars :)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 99 100 101