Random Politics & Religion #14

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:37:44  
Siren.Mosin said: »
you useless mods fix that for him.
They can't even fix their own posts!
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 08:40:36  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
There are also the 6 million voters who voted for third parties or "other". Haven't looked at how that compares to previous elections.

2008 and 2012 was about 2 million I think

Ross Perot got 20 million in 92 and some say cost bush the election.

But that was bush's own fault for disbanding his campaign staff after the gulf war appoval ratings showed him at 90%+
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:42:04  
So, how about those riots?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 08:43:14  
I just hope they go after the semi-reasonable things (Obamacare, financial issues) and leave the social *** (gay marriage, abortion, holy rolling ***, etc.) the *** alone. IF they can do that they could really turn some heads and maybe even pull a few lefties closer to center. They have a chance to literally help the rich get richer while not entirely alienating people if Trump can prove his bombastic rhetoric was just that; sweeping rhetoric to draw in the fringe vote while still appealing to the largest specific group of disenfranchised Americans.

I don't have high expectations that they can stay out of their own way long enough to do that, but I can hope.

We shall see.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 08:44:17  
will reposting work?

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
There's a lot of panic from lgbt people that I think is disproportional to the current situation.

there are two ways that this can go.

We (republicans) have a once in a lifetime, golden opportunity to change things for the better for working class people of this country in the next two years and solidify ourselves into the hearts and minds of the american people as a legitimate party that cares about the working class....

or trump can abolish the senate and then use the death star to blow up alderaan and use the clone army of stormtroopers to force the deportation of twelve million latinos ... and then do a bunch of stupid ***like force through legislation to protect homophobic wedding cake bakers from making cakes for gay people that they don't like...

this is our one chance in a century to pull our heads out of our *** and make a difference...it's the what kind of difference that we now chose to make that is the only question.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-10 08:44:44  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

entitlement at it's finest...
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2016-11-10 08:44:48  

There, I fixed his quote
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 08:44:53  

They're revolting and unacceptable. And more than a little hypocritical.

Sadly we can't project whether it was all just talk and posturing, but if we assume that they were being serious, these riots are nothing compared to the armed militias uprising had Trump lost.

Again. That's if we assume that these guys weren't all talk.

Most of them probably were.

But that's the world we've created, apparently.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-10 08:45:25  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
There are also the 6 million voters who voted for third parties or "other". Haven't looked at how that compares to previous elections.

2008 and 2012 was about 2 million I think

Ross Perot got 20 million in 92 and some say cost bush the election.

But that was bush's own fault for disbanding his campaign staff after the gulf war appoval ratings showed him at 90%+
I remember Perot. That was a seriously weird election too.

He was also the guy who basically killed it for a lot of third party candidates to be apart of any future debates
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:49:54  
Ramyrez said: »
these riots are nothing compared to the armed militias uprising had Trump lost.
I highly doubt that would have happened.

I mean, where was the armed militias when Romney lost? Or McCain? There wasn't an overthrow of the government during those times.

Hell, there wasn't even riots after Obama won either time.

You hardly hear of a Republican riot, but there's always a lot of liberal/democrat riots when something happens. Remember OWS? Remember Ferguson I/II/III? Remember Trump rallies?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 08:51:57  
You hardly hear of a Republican riot

We all have to go to work in the morning!

we can't be out all night throwing Molotov cocktails
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Exodus
user: Rooks
By Putin On'the'ritz 2016-11-10 08:52:21  
We (republicans) have a once in a lifetime, golden opportunity to change things for the better for working class people of this country in the next two years and solidify ourselves into the hearts and minds of the american people as a legitimate party that cares about the working class....

or trump can abolish the senate and then use the death star to blow up alderaan and use the clone army of stormtroopers to force the deportation of twelve million latinos ... and then do a bunch of stupid ***like force through legislation to protect homophobic wedding cake bakers from making cakes for gay people that they don't like...

this is our one chance in a century to pull our heads out of our *** and make a difference...it's the what kind of difference that we now chose to make that is the only question.

What I find most interesting about this whole thing is that while the GOP controls Congress and the WH, it's not really the GOP so much as it is The Party of Trump. He owes the party structure/leadership essentially nothing, and isn't an ideological conservative by any stretch.

Pence, though: if you watched Trump's victory speech, you saw that Pence was completely ignored - and almost forgotten entirely! For social issues, Pence is the truly scary one, and as much as the left might hate Trump, they had best be wishing long and hard for his continued good health. President Pence is - by far - more terrifying, but if Trump seems content to ignore him? He's actually got a lot less power as VP than he had as Governor of Indiana. Those two seem to hate each other, too, which is fascinating.

I firmly believe that Trump doesn't actually care about the social stuff/culture war. His entire personal brand and self image is wrapped up in economics and business, and anything that distracts from that is probably going to be ignored. What Congress does with his apathy in this matter remains to be seen, but I don't think anyone has to worry about Trump bringing the hammer down on social issues. He most likely does not care.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-10 08:55:40  
Ramyrez said: »
these riots are nothing compared to the armed militias uprising had Trump lost.
I highly doubt that would have happened.

I mean, where was the armed militias when Romney lost? Or McCain? There wasn't an overthrow of the government during those times.

Hell, there wasn't even riots after Obama won either time.

You hardly hear of a Republican riot, but there's always a lot of liberal/democrat riots when something happens. Remember OWS? Remember Ferguson I/II/III? Remember Trump rallies?
I don't remember Mccain or Romney openly stating that our democracy is rigged and that unless they won the presidency they weren't going to accept the result.

Many people were calling to arms after Trump made those statements....and he made them over and over again.

From what I've read not all the protests turned to riots. Protesting =/= rioting

The ones that did the individuals involved should be prosecuted fully.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:56:23  
Putin On'the'ritz said: »
I firmly believe that Trump doesn't actually care about the social stuff/culture war.
I firmly believe that Trump doesn't really care about being President.

I mean, you really never see him passionate towards fixing the country. You see him passionate for bringing out the faults of the country, but not really offering many solutions. Most of his rhetoric was geared towards attacking Obama and his administration, along with Clinton and her "keeping the status quo" policies.

I really don't see many changes in the next 4 years, as Trump never honestly offered solutions, just showing the problems for what they are.
By eliroo 2016-11-10 08:56:36  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
*** California man... people need to stop this calexit nonsense too... jesus... are they trying to top Texas for level of stupid on this stuff?

Calexit is just as dumb as Texit. I find it ironic because I'm sure some people supporting calexit right now are the same people shaming texas for wanting to go through with Texit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-10 08:57:05  

What I find most interesting about this whole thing is that while the GOP controls Congress and the WH, it's not really the GOP so much as it is The Party of Trump. He owes the party structure/leadership essentially nothing, and isn't an ideological conservative by any stretch.

Pence, though: if you watched Trump's victory speech, you saw that Pence was completely ignored - and almost forgotten entirely! For social issues, Pence is the truly scary one, and as much as the left might hate Trump, they had best be wishing long and hard for his continued good health. President Pence is - by far - more terrifying, but if Trump seems content to ignore him? He's actually got a lot less power as VP than he had as Governor of Indiana. Those two seem to hate each other, too, which is fascinating.

I firmly believe that Trump doesn't actually care about the social stuff/culture war. His entire personal brand and self image is wrapped up in economics and business, and anything that distracts from that is probably going to be ignored. What Congress does with his apathy in this matter remains to be seen, but I don't think anyone has to worry about Trump bringing the hammer down on social issues. He most likely does not care.
He doesn't really have to care to sign legislation that both branches pass.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 08:57:46  
I don't think anyone has to worry about Trump bringing the hammer down on social issues. He most likely does not care.

the congress still has to write up the bills though. and that's the sticky wicket. can we all get along and work towards a common purpose or will we let our egos run amuck and *** it all up...

we all but let hillary win this election being douchebags like john kasich
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:58:17  
I don't remember Mccain or Romney openly stating that our democracy is rigged and that unless they won the presidency they weren't going to accept the result.
I believe that his "rigged" statement was geared more towards the media and their obvious bias towards Clinton, so biased that they would do anything to prop her up as a saint and him as the devil, than they were about fairness of the democratic system. A lot of people misinterpreted it though, that's why we had those poll watchers this cycle.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-10 08:58:29  
Terlet Sangria said: »

There, I fixed his quote
...YOU did?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 09:00:36  
Anna Ruthven said: »

There, I fixed his quote
...YOU did?
Rooks is a good boss.

Instead of fixing the problem himself, he got some shmoe peon admin to fix it for him.

/Rooks for boss-of-the-year award.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 09:01:19  
Candlejack said: »
I can't remember one thing

Try pulling your head out of your *** for five minutes.

The autumn air is crisp and exhilarating!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 09:03:03  

There, I fixed his quote
...YOU did?

he fixed the wrong one lmao
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 09:05:04  
eliroo said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
*** California man... people need to stop this calexit nonsense too... jesus... are they trying to top Texas for level of stupid on this stuff?

Calexit is just as dumb as Texit. I find it ironic because I'm sure some people supporting calexit right now are the same people shaming texas for wanting to go through with Texit.
Calexit, Texit...may I suggest a ***?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 09:05:36  
I believe that his "rigged" statement was geared more towards the media and their obvious bias towards Clinton, so biased that they would do anything to prop her up as a saint and him as the devil, than they were about fairness of the democratic system. A lot of people misinterpreted it though, that's why we had those poll watchers this cycle.
Then why was he calling for people to go out and watch their polling stations to be on the lookout for voter fraud... pounding home that voter fraud is significant... he literally called for those poll watchers and called out voter fraud multiple times there was nothing to misinterpret on that front...
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-10 09:06:36  

There, I fixed his quote
...YOU did?

he fixed the wrong one lmao
gg, Rooks.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 09:08:08  
That reminds me I'm really glad the Chuck Norris meme is dead, I really couldn't stand it.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 09:11:18  
Those two seem to hate each other, too, which is fascinating.

Yet COMPLETELY in keeping with the history of the vice presidency.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 99 100 101