First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 48 49 50
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-04 18:20:42  
Max burst damage set:
ItemSet 351869
(Yes Lathi(path A) out damages Raetic staff+1)
The only reason this would not win is if MACC is an issue, which is a real conversation to be had, it totally depends on the content level and the buffs/debuffs

IE: You are CPing on lvl 135-137 nothing will out damage this. If Malaise is present you should be hitting 99k on T5/T6, basically annihilating everything If you are nuking wave3 dynamis mobs that probably wont be the case.

With the dynamis (wave3) macc requirements there truly is a need for a macc/resistant toggle, However you want to do it. Focus/Languor can only go so far for you

With all this being said I would wait at least 2 weeks because I am guessing and hoping the Su5 Kaumodaki, will be the best nuking staff, however its off to a bad start with converts 5% of MP to damage as the route SE has pointed it thus far
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2018-09-04 19:12:54  
mrlooolz said: »
Hello Awesome peeps^^

I wanted your advise on improvements to my MB set :
Code
		main="Lathi",
		sub="Enki Strap",
		ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
		head="Ea Hat +1", -- 7
		body="Spaekona Coat +3",
		hands="Arch. Gloves +3", --20
		legs="Ea Slops +1", -- 8
		feet=gear.merlinic_burst_feet, --11
		neck="Baetyl Pendant",
		waist=gear.obi_high_nuke_waist,
		left_ear="Barkarole Earring",
		right_ear="Regal Earring",
		ring2="Mujin Band", --5
		ring1="Shiva Ring +1",
		back=MB_Nuke_back} --5

Should I replace Mujin with Shiva Ring +1 ?
Should I replace my merlinic feet with something else? They are rolle MB 11, MAB 35, MAC 36.

Any feedback is appreciated.

You're currently overcap on MBB1 gear, and could shuffle a bit.
That set is, including traits/mastered gifts:
392 MAB(90 in gifts/traits)
51 MBB1 (capped at 40)
20 MBB2
56 MBB from gifts/traits
Indirect to damage, this set also has +302 macc (aside from weapon's +skill)
Adding it up, you have
Code
((100 + MAB) / 100) * ((100 + min(MBB1,40) + MBB2 + MBB-traits_and_gifts)/100) = multiplier on int terms
((100 + 392) / 100) * ((100 + min(51,40) + 20 + 56)/100) = 10.63 multiplier on int terms

The "ideal" set, putting macc aside, and given your existing weapon,grip and that you want to keep spaekona body on, is
Code
Lathi	Enki 	Pemph	
Ea +1	Mizuk	Barka-Friom
Spaek	Ama+1	Mujin-Shiva
Taran	Hachi	Ea +1	Merli

393 MAB (90 in gifts/traits)
41 MBB1 (capped at 40)
26 MBB2
56 MBB from gifts/traits
Downside, 261 MACC
Overall, 10.94 multiplier

If you're aiming for around the same +302 MACC, remove the macc-weak amalric and try something like
Code
Lathi	Enki 	Pemph	
Ea +1	Mizuk	Barka-Friom	
Spaek	Archm	Mujin-Shiva	
Taran	Hachi	Archm	Archm

411 MAB
42 MBB1
15 MBB2
56 MBB
303 MACC
Overall, 10.78 multiplier
By mrlooolz 2018-09-05 07:29:13  
Bismarck.Radec said: »
Hello Awesome peeps^^

I wanted your advise on improvements to my MB set :
Code
		main="Lathi",
		sub="Enki Strap",
		ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
		head="Ea Hat +1", -- 7
		body="Spaekona Coat +3",
		hands="Arch. Gloves +3", --20
		legs="Ea Slops +1", -- 8
		feet=gear.merlinic_burst_feet, --11
		neck="Baetyl Pendant",
		waist=gear.obi_high_nuke_waist,
		left_ear="Barkarole Earring",
		right_ear="Regal Earring",
		ring2="Mujin Band", --5
		ring1="Shiva Ring +1",
		back=MB_Nuke_back} --5

Should I replace Mujin with Shiva Ring +1 ?
Should I replace my merlinic feet with something else? They are rolle MB 11, MAB 35, MAC 36.

Any feedback is appreciated.

You're currently overcap on MBB1 gear, and could shuffle a bit.
That set is, including traits/mastered gifts:
392 MAB(90 in gifts/traits)
51 MBB1 (capped at 40)
20 MBB2
56 MBB from gifts/traits
Indirect to damage, this set also has +302 macc (aside from weapon's +skill)
Adding it up, you have
Code
((100 + MAB) / 100) * ((100 + min(MBB1,40) + MBB2 + MBB-traits_and_gifts)/100) = multiplier on int terms
((100 + 392) / 100) * ((100 + min(51,40) + 20 + 56)/100) = 10.63 multiplier on int terms

The "ideal" set, putting macc aside, and given your existing weapon,grip and that you want to keep spaekona body on, is
Code
Lathi	Enki 	Pemph	
Ea +1	Mizuk	Barka-Friom
Spaek	Ama+1	Mujin-Shiva
Taran	Hachi	Ea +1	Merli

393 MAB (90 in gifts/traits)
41 MBB1 (capped at 40)
26 MBB2
56 MBB from gifts/traits
Downside, 261 MACC
Overall, 10.94 multiplier

If you're aiming for around the same +302 MACC, remove the macc-weak amalric and try something like
Code
Lathi	Enki 	Pemph	
Ea +1	Mizuk	Barka-Friom	
Spaek	Archm	Mujin-Shiva	
Taran	Hachi	Archm	Archm

411 MAB
42 MBB1
15 MBB2
56 MBB
303 MACC
Overall, 10.78 multiplier

Thank you for this detailed explanation. It was really helpful and I could do so thinking of my own. How did you get 15 MBB2 in your ACC set. Ea gives 7 and mujin gives 5 that is 12.

I tried to improve int he last set you posted. I always prefer accuracy sets. Also i noticed lack of Regal I tried to put together this with the Info you gave me:
Code
Lathi   Enki    Pemph   
Ea +1   Baetyl   Barka-Regal 
Spaek   Archm   Mujin-Shiva 
Taran   Hachi   Ea +1   Archm

388 MAB 68 + 8 + 38 + 13 + 8 + 7 +50 + 3 + 10 +41 +54 + 90
40 MBB1 7 + 20 + 5 + 8
20 MBB2 7 + 5 + 8
56 MBB
293 MACC 10 + 4 + 50 +8 + 15 + 55 +38 +20 +51 + 42
Code
((100 + 388) / 100) * ((100 + min(40,40) + 20 + 56)/100) = 10.54 multiplier on int terms

Overall, 10.54 multiplier - Did i math correctly?

Because I take the calculation you made for my original set. where you said MAB is 392 and swap out the merlinic for arch mage feet i get MAB 394, but when I counted was 388.
IF I just subtract merlinic and add Arch feet

394 MAB(90 in gifts/traits) -50 + 54
40 MBB1 (capped at 40) - 11
20 MBB2
56 MBB from gifts/traits
308 Indirect to damage, this set also has +302 macc (aside from weapon's +skill) - 36 + 42
10.67 Multiplier.

so for the:
Code
Lathi   Enki    Pemph   

What is the correct multiplier?

Sorry if I come of as confusing. I guess a big thing is content and the accuracy level required. What would be the accuracy required for some of the contents you think ?
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2018-09-05 20:05:42  
Thank you for this detailed explanation. It was really helpful and I could do so thinking of my own. How did you get 15 MBB2 in your ACC set. Ea gives 7 and mujin gives 5 that is 12.

Archmage Legs +3 have 3 MBB2 on them.

Quote:
I tried to improve int he last set you posted. I always prefer accuracy sets. Also i noticed lack of Regal I tried to put together this with the Info you gave me:
Code
Lathi   Enki    Pemph   

388 MAB 68 + 8 + 38 + 13 + 8 + 7 +50 + 3 + 10 +41 +54 + 90
40 MBB1 7 + 20 + 5 + 8
20 MBB2 7 + 5 + 8
56 MBB
293 MACC 10 + 4 + 50 +8 + 15 + 55 +38 +20 +51 + 42
Code
((100 + 388) / 100) * ((100 + min(40,40) + 20 + 56)/100) = 10.54 multiplier on int terms

Overall, 10.54 multiplier - Did i math correctly?

Broad strokes are there, except Pemphredo is 4mab/8macc not 8mab/4macc. Other numbers are right, but looks like you had a typo totalling it up - should be 386MAB, 297MACC. 10.50 multiplier

Quote:
Because I take the calculation you made for my original set. where you said MAB is 392 and swap out the merlinic for arch mage feet i get MAB 394, but when I counted was 388.
IF I just subtract merlinic and add Arch feet

I've found I'm not immune to math errors either - I had Taranus at 20MAB/20MACC instead of the proper 10/20. Without redoing all the calculations, drop about 0.2 from all the multipliers in my previous post to correct this.

Quote:
so for the:
Code
Lathi   Enki    Pemph   

What is the correct multiplier?

As above, 386MAB, 40 20 56 MBB, 297MACC, multiplier 10.50

Quote:
Sorry if I come of as confusing. I guess a big thing is content and the accuracy level required. What would be the accuracy required for some of the contents you think ?

Really depends on your GEOs, RDMs, BRDs, food situations - my normal set for Dyna Wave3 is 345MACC, 10.69 or ~11.61 multiplier (with mythic AM2) and I'm fine even without focus or food - so probably overkill. Best I can say is give it a shot and see how it feels to you.
Code
Laeva	Alder	Pemph	
Archm	Mizuk	Barka-Friom	
Spaek	Archm	Mujin-Locus	
Taran	Hachi	Archm	Archm

One other note - this is clearly not a perfect way to compare gear, as it ignores INT entirely. I just present it as a way to look at some relative comparisons without needing to know mob stats to find where your dINT lands.
By mrlooolz 2018-09-06 02:51:54  
Wow. Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-09-06 12:11:50  
DirectX said: »
Can a Grio with augments ever beat a Lathi for nuking/MBing?

In terms of raw damage if you never got resisted? Not without Dark Matter. However if you mean in terms of DPS, it does beat Lathi in a number of circumstances. However, assuming the rest of your gear is up to par, you get more mileage out of Raetic. If you're wondering if Grio can beat Raetic, well, only if you are running low on MP and the additional effect isn't working. (or you lack MB gear but have MB on Grio)

In fact, in terms of raw damage, Lathi even beats Raetic +1 (I believe on virtually every spell). The main drawback there being the difference in Magic Accuracy. Suffice to say, Hold on to Lathi, because if you have enough buffs, it's pretty much unbeatable, but it may be worth having other options if the people with whom you do content are more green behind the ears than you are.

For example, if your Linkshell has a Red Mage that can land Frazzle 3 with +50 or more enfeebling effect, you can probably just use Lathi, especially if you've got a stewpot. If you don't have RDM at all, it would be a good idea to at least own a Raetic Staff.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-09-09 11:25:31  
Looking for a non burst Death set, I looked in both guides perhaps I missed. If any could post a set or 2 that would be awesome, thanks!
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-09-09 11:38:36  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Looking for a non burst Death set, I looked in both guides perhaps I missed. If any could post a set or 2 that would be awesome, thanks!

ItemSet 361200

Can probably switch staff to Grio w/ MP macc/mab mbd augs for non-trash mobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-09-09 11:50:25  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

ItemSet 361200

Can probably switch staff to Grio w/ MP macc/mab mbd augs for non-trash mobs.
TY sir!
[+]
 Asura.Misakune
user: shaociang
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-24 00:50:20  
Returning player on a new account. Leveled BLM to 99 and plan to get SCH to 99 next. I like that they can share a lot of gear, and both jobs interest me. However, I am unclear on which job I should focus on for which content. What I mean by this is given equal gear, what situations is BLM better than SCH and vice versa (speaking strictly from a Dark Arts perspective).

Thanks for any guidance!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-24 05:51:06  
Asura.Cylas said: »
SCH:
- Self-Skillchains
- Magnificient Dots in terms of Helix Spells.
- Mediocre to high magic burst damage
- Good self-support for Accuracy/Power-Boost due to level II-storms
- Very good solo-properties due to the support-aspect from Light Arts and buffs such as Regen V, Phalanx, Reraise etc.
- 2nd highest Enfeebling Magic Skill (given Arts active) and therefore good MACC properties to land enfeebles

BLM:
- High to superb Magic Burst Damage
- Good to High Free-Nuke Damage

Based on my point of view though, starting out on BLM and SCH will give you a hard time nowadays cause they are -except for Dynamis.. and even there, my LS for instance doesn't use any BLMs or SCHs for clears...- rarely used for daily content and I can't remember the last time I joined a magic-burst-based Ambuscade (the content that usually provides the best starter-gear based on effort/time ratio). I, too, love my SCH and my BLM and I would like to see them in usage more often.

They are still very good but if you just go by shouts on Asura, you will find yourself in a rather niche-like situation where you have to either take the initiative to start your own groups and form them to your liking (a lot of the content still works great with a magic based setup, but it also works with other setups...) or wait for a moderate amount of time for someone requiring SCH or BLM (mostly Vagary or Magic Objectives in Omen).

If you have a Linkshell, it depends on how they run things of course, so if you really want to stick to those two jobs, I'd advice you to get a LS that is still going the magical route, if you are not the type that likes to run things on his own account.

Summing-Up: Starting out on BLM or SCH is not the smoothest route into the endgame-scene, but if you keep pushing and become someone who does his homework and the gearing, you will be a golden needle in a haystack because -based on my experience- a lot of random Mages lack quite some.... "means for efficiency" (to put it nicely) nowadays.

This was very helpful, thank you! Assuming getting gear is not an issue, due to friends/LS, I feel like my best course of action is SCH for solo aspects. My old account I was a BLU soloer and even did some mercing. I decided I wanted to do SCH because I've heard about greater solo feats with SCH over BLU.

With all of this said, my plan to get into group content will likely fall on me leveling up GEO or COR. I'll be honest..I had a hard time coming up with what jobs to play coming back..the meta for stuff seems to shift a bit back and forth. I hear bad stuff about melee burns and I hear bad stuff about magic burns. Is it all just SMN burns now? Not really sure what the current "These are the good jobs to play" quota is. If I had it my way I'd be playing MNK and NIN but we all know how well that'd go..
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-09-24 07:37:20  
What is the macc requirement for HELM Vinipata? We had Idris GEO with Focus and meva down. COR with Warlock's roll. Marine stewpot. SCH did fire sc, BLM in full Amalric +2 and we barely got it to 98% after several volleys of SC+Nuke. I think BLM got a 4k-8k MB? (Forget the number but not enough to bring to less than 98% for the fight.

We did it immediately at the start of the fight so assumed no stances up, but does it start in mdt stance or something?

I was on SCH, I lack a good bit of pure macc but was hoping with buffs and burst I'd land an ok Helix after SCing for the BLM. Most I could get was like 250 damage, tried a few times.
By Vishwambhari 2018-09-24 07:59:51  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
What is the macc requirement for HELM Vinipata? We had Idris GEO with Focus and meva down. COR with Warlock's roll. Marine stewpot. SCH did fire sc, BLM in full Amalric +2 and we barely got it to 98% after several volleys of SC+Nuke. I think BLM got a 4k-8k MB? (Forget the number but not enough to bring to less than 98% for the fight.

We did it immediately at the start of the fight so assumed no stances up, but does it start in mdt stance or something?

I was on SCH, I lack a good bit of pure macc but was hoping with buffs and burst I'd land an ok Helix after SCing for the BLM. Most I could get was like 250 damage, tried a few times.
I'm not sure about amalric +2, but amalric +1 severely lacks macc. Try with Merlinic, af+3 and Ea (+1).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-24 08:32:10  
Speaking of MACC..I was wondering..is there a good frame of reference listed somewhere that will tell me how much MACC I should aim for on certain fights? I know that melee accuracy is listed on a lot of NM pages, but I am not seeing it listed for MACC. I know generally speaking you cap MBD and get MAB as high as you can, but knowing how much MACC to aim for would be super helpful for gear planning.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-09-24 10:51:00  
Thanks, I did a break down of some of the differences between Amalric +2 and the other gears to see what I need on BLM for HELM EG content. AF+3 feet and hands look insane.

Seeing a difference in 61 int, 120 macc and 7 skill between the two sets I'd gun for.
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-25 01:08:14  
Asura.Misakune said: »
Speaking of MACC..I was wondering..is there a good frame of reference listed somewhere that will tell me how much MACC I should aim for on certain fights? I know that melee accuracy is listed on a lot of NM pages, but I am not seeing it listed for MACC. I know generally speaking you cap MBD and get MAB as high as you can, but knowing how much MACC to aim for would be super helpful for gear planning.

Anyone have some info on this?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-25 03:24:07  
Honestly the sets on the front page are the best sets you can get currently and has really changed. I'd gun with those as the best possible burst set is ea+1 if you need more mac get merlinic stuff augs suck but that's really it.
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-25 04:18:14  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Honestly the sets on the front page are the best sets you can get currently and has really changed. I'd gun with those as the best possible burst set is ea+1 if you need more mac get merlinic stuff augs suck but that's really it.

See that's the thing. I know what gear to use for mdb/mab/macc. What I don't know is WHEN to use each set or what pieces to swap out based on the fight. So for example, it takes 1400+ melee acc to land melee hits consistently on sovereign behemoth. On BLU for example, you know you need to hit that 1400 acc cap so you set certain blu spells and drop pieces like windbuffet belt +1 for kentarch belt +1. For mages, on let's just use an example, Maju..how do I know how much macc I should be stacking on the fight? Is there not a working knowledge of "you need x macc to land nukes consistently without resists on this target"?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-25 06:56:07  

See that's the thing. I know what gear to use for mdb/mab/macc. What I don't know is WHEN to use each set or what pieces to swap out based on the fight. So for example, it takes 1400+ melee acc to land melee hits consistently on sovereign behemoth. On BLU for example, you know you need to hit that 1400 acc cap so you set certain blu spells and drop pieces like windbuffet belt +1 for kentarch belt +1. For mages, on let's just use an example, Maju..how do I know how much macc I should be stacking on the fight? Is there not a working knowledge of "you need x macc to land nukes consistently without resists on this target"?
From what I've seen no because it's not simple like melee and acc. You have to factor in stuff like high evasion how many buffs your getting how much INT you have compared to the mobs on top of that how much magic defense it has. Melee buffs help alot with just acc as most of the debuffs mages put on are for them. Maju is a bad mob to begin with even the best set for BLM can get resisted I think the most macc for maju is geo full +3 omen gear. Magic damage in general has problems because of se not wanting same nukes on a mob over and over among other things. If your looking for which pieces to swap just play around with alot of it. Testing how much you need is hard because you cant check mage stats like melee stats thanks SE. If something has low acc and you have something higher start with that.
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-25 07:49:59  

From what I've seen no because it's not simple like melee and acc. You have to factor in stuff like high evasion how many buffs your getting how much INT you have compared to the mobs on top of that how much magic defense it has. Melee buffs help alot with just acc as most of the debuffs mages put on are for them. Maju is a bad mob to begin with even the best set for BLM can get resisted I think the most macc for maju is geo full +3 omen gear. Magic damage in general has problems because of se not wanting same nukes on a mob over and over among other things. If your looking for which pieces to swap just play around with alot of it. Testing how much you need is hard because you cant check mage stats like melee stats thanks SE. If something has low acc and you have something higher start with that.

Ah..that definitely sucks. Well, I guess I'll just get a bunch of merlinic and swap pieces in as necessary.

Oh, also I was wondering, what is the reason behind using Refoccilation Stone instead of Hachirin-no-Obi?
 Shiva.Zerkles
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-25 07:53:37  
If the goal is more macc, having Obi's bonus damage wont matter if you get resisted. Same idea for swapping out Empy feet on SCH in favor of more macc.
[+]
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-25 08:50:22  
Shiva.Zerkles said: »
If the goal is more macc, having Obi's bonus damage wont matter if you get resisted. Same idea for swapping out Empy feet on SCH in favor of more macc.

No I meant in general. I don't see it on any of the sets listed in the OP except the Death sets.
 Shiva.Zerkles
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-25 13:08:08  
Can safely assume it should be used with weather..
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-09-28 07:46:42  
Anyone have a BLM lua to spare?
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-02 16:39:38  
Good afternoon all. Just a quick question. Was thinking of making a Laevateinn as I have nothing else to do really. How does this fare with the new augments? What is the communities thoughts on this?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 48 49 50