Random Politics & Religion #13

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 37 38 39
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 12:27:06  
I'm shocked!

SHOCKED!

...okay, not that shocked.

......okay, not shocked at all.

*looks at calendar*

Only two weeks left until we get to have contentious recounts and accusations of fraud and/or voter intimidation!

I CAN'T WAIT.

*fist pump*
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-24 12:27:47  
Should have been pretty obvious. Polling is a tool used to sway votes.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-24 12:29:43  
eliroo said: »
Oh boy he doesn't know Spanish, what a clueless idiot.
Its not even Spanish. Contra means against in ENGLISH!

Quote:
contra-
prefix
1. against; opposite; contrasting.
"contradict"
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-24 12:30:29  
Ramyrez said: »
I'm shocked!

SHOCKED!

*looks at calendar*

Only two weeks left until we get to have contentious recounts and accusations of fraud and/or voter intimidation!

I CAN'T WAIT.

*fist pump*

It happened all during the democratic primaries and nothing came of it, I'm sure the same will happen during the main election.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 12:31:20  
Should have been pretty obvious. Polling is a tool used to sway votes.

I'd say this doesn't make sense, but given the amount of people in this country who play follow-the-leader about practically everything, you're probably right.

Hell, look at entertainment.

Network: "You must see the new series everyone is talking about!"

Viewer: "I have heard literally no one talking about this, but maybe that just means I'm that much further out of the loop, I'd better watch so I don't get left out!"
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-24 12:35:13  
Candlejack said: »
I'm shocked!

SHOCKED!

*looks at calendar*

I CAN'T WAIT.

*fist pump*
And then after the accusations of fraud, full-on treasonous armed rebellion which the military will put down in a glorious bloodbath!

Only in your dreams.... Which is sad, because nobody should be excited about the prospect of a civil war in the first place. If you are thrilled about murdering opposition in a massive bloodbath, then you are worse than any of groups you so often name.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-24 12:38:26  

According to Reuters, the "rigged election" message is resonating with the party's voters. Couple that with these lovely Podesta emails, and you'd better believe that there's a load of crap about to hit the fan.
By eliroo 2016-10-24 12:46:44  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Oh boy he doesn't know Spanish, what a clueless idiot.
Its not even Spanish. Contra means against in ENGLISH!

Quote:
contra-
prefix
1. against; opposite; contrasting.
"contradict"

Maybe he thought she was talking about the game : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_(video_game)
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 12:47:26  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

According to Reuters, the "rigged election" message is resonating with the party's voters. Couple that with these lovely Podesta emails, and you'd better believe that there's a load of crap about to hit the fan.

The voter fraud thing bothers me because people don't really understand the numbers involved to make fraud happen the way it's being described by people like Rudy Giuliani. It's patently ridiculous...

...especially when Trump is basically out there calling for people to go and intimidate people voting against him.

So it doesn't really matter how the vote ends up, someone is going to be crying either way.

That said, I really think you're giving the e-mail thing a bit too much weight. If people haven't changed their minds already, they're not going to barring a serious level of *** being brought to light that makes everything we've seen from either candidate look like a game of checkers.
By eliroo 2016-10-24 12:47:51  
I'm shocked!

SHOCKED!

*looks at calendar*

I CAN'T WAIT.

*fist pump*
And then after the accusations of fraud, full-on treasonous armed rebellion which the military will put down in a glorious bloodbath!

Only in your dreams.... Which is sad, because nobody should be excited about the prospect of a civil war in the first place. If you are thrilled about murdering opposition in a massive bloodbath, then you are worse than any of groups you so often name.

He is a staunch supporter of Hillary, I'm sure he has no problem with Civil Wars.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 12:47:54  
Maybe he thought she was talking about the game : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_(video_game)

Well the game is about shooting aliens, a theme very near and dear to Trump's heart.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 12:48:30  
He is a staunch supporter of Hillary, I'm sure he has no problem with Civil Wars.

I'm not exactly trying to defend CJ here, but your layering of fallacies isn't helping.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-24 12:51:22  
Oh YES! And when Hillary wins with over 200 electoral college votes Trump and his supporters will hit the streets armed to the teeth to overthrow the government.

Then Hillary will let the tanks roll, round them all up, put them in the FEMA concentration camps, and charge them all with TREASON!

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!

(Did I get the laugh right Nicky?)
By eliroo 2016-10-24 12:51:50  

I'm not exactly trying to defend CJ here, but your layering of fallacies isn't helping.

I wasn't really making an argument, so I don't think I'm subject to fallacies. If I was making an argument it was about why CJ would support a civil war which I feel my statement didn't fall into a particular fallacy.

Regardless it was quick wit regarding the Civil War comment and the US funded Civil War going on in Syria currently.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-24 12:53:14  

The voter fraud thing bothers me because people don't really understand the numbers involved to make fraud happen the way it's being described by people like Rudy Giuliani. It's patently ridiculous...

...especially when Trump is basically out there calling for people to go and intimidate people voting against him.

So it doesn't really matter how the vote ends up, someone is going to be crying either way.

That said, I really think you're giving the e-mail thing a bit too much weight. If people haven't changed their minds already, they're not going to barring a serious level of *** being brought to light that makes everything we've seen from either candidate look like a game of checkers.

Well, we now have video of people trying to game the actual voting system. Is it a vast enough problem to actually sway votes on a meaningful level? Probably not, but it's hard to measure.

Podesta's strategy is meaningful, because so many people behave like sheep. Tell them that they're candidate is losing (even if they're not) and it may get them to stay home. We'll see if it works this year, because polling is all over the frickin' place, the "winner" has ghost town rallies, and Trump is the anti-politician that has the media sacrificing its own integrity to stop him... but can't seem to finish the job.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-24 12:55:22  
Oh YES! And when Hillary wins with over 200 electoral college votes Trump and his supporters will hit the streets armed to the teeth to overthrow the government.

Then Hillary will let the tanks roll, round them all up, put them in the FEMA concentration camps, and charge them all with TREASON!

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!

I didn't realize that CJ was one of your socks, Chanti. I guess that makes sense.
By eliroo 2016-10-24 12:56:14  

I think voter fraud should be seriously considered. The whole Smartmatic and their ties to Soros is big enough to suspect some sort of fraud.

It should be taken seriously by both parties but everyone is so tied up with the whole "us vs. them" mentality that we fail to realize that these elections may actually be slightly rigged.

As for the emails, They do contain a lot information that could really sway voters away from Hillary but they aren't getting nearly enough coverage.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 13:02:24  
As for the emails, They do contain a lot information that could really sway voters away from Hillary but they aren't getting nearly enough coverage.

Everywhere I turn I hear people yapping about these e-mails. How much more coverage do they really need? Hillary is just another corrupt politician. Literally every politician out there has this stuff in their closet.

Why do you think Paul Ryan was warning down ballot GOP members to tone it down about the e-mails and what have you?

Because he knows next week it could be them getting hacked and having their dirty laundry aired.

Nothing that isn't Earth-shattering is changing anyone's mind two weeks before the election. At this point it's candidates trying to make sure the people who support them are out voting, and that's about it.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-24 13:14:52  
A leaked Podesta email contains an attachment with very specific instructions on how to manipulate polling so that certain groups are oversampled, thus skewing media polling to benefit Democrats.
Except no.

http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/sampling/

Quote:
Oversampling

For some surveys, it is important to ensure that there are enough members of a certain subgroup in the population so that more reliable estimates can be reported for that group. To do this, we oversample members of the subgroup by selecting more people from this group than would typically be done if everyone in the sample had an equal chance of being selected. Because the margin of sampling error is related to the size of the sample, increasing the sample size for a particular subgroup through the use of oversampling allows for estimates to be made with a smaller margin of error. A survey that includes an oversample weights the results so that members in the oversampled group are weighted to their actual proportion in the population; this allows for the overall survey results to represent both the national population and the oversampled subgroup.

For example, African Americans make up 13.6% of the total U.S. population, according to the U.S. Census. A survey with a sample size of 1,000 would only include approximately 136 African Americans. The margin of sampling error for African Americans then would be around 10.5 percentage points, resulting in estimates that could fall within a 21-point range, which is often too imprecise for many detailed analyses surveyors want to perform. In contrast, oversampling African Americans so that there are roughly 500 interviews completed with people in this group reduces the margin of sampling error to about 5.5 percentage points and improves the reliability of estimates that can be made. Unless a listed sample is available or people can be selected from prior surveys, oversampling a particular group usually involves incurring the additional costs associated with screening for eligible respondents.

Once more, a big pile of nothing. The only immoral and corrupt thing to come out of these emails so far is the way they were obtained, which more normalized each time they're talked about as coming from a credible source.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-24 13:15:02  
AT&T/Time Warner deal could be approved without any FCC merger review
For merger opponents, Justice Department may be the only hope.

Ars Technica

Openers, which contains the necessary info:
Quote:
Advocacy groups are urging US regulators to consider blocking AT&T's purchase of Time Warner Inc., but AT&T may be able to avoid any review by the Federal Communications Commission.

The merger will be analyzed by the Department of Justice, but AT&T has said the FCC will be involved only if any FCC licenses are transferred to AT&T. A TV station is an example of something that requires an FCC license, but AT&T said that it and Time Warner are still "determining which FCC licenses, if any, will be transferred to AT&T in connection with the transaction."

The reason for this uncertainty is that "despite its big media footprint, Time Warner has only one FCC-regulated broadcast station, WPCH-TV in Atlanta," Reuters reported. "Time Warner could sell the license to try to avoid a formal FCC review, several analysts said." ...
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 13:21:51  

Last I checked, the only one looking to start another Civil War is Trump. He's one of two major party candidates and he's holding out the promise of being able to openly commit treason to his supporters if his supporters don't get their way. Unfortunately, his supporters forget that treason is still a crime punishable by death in this country, and if Hillary wins, she's the CinC and can order the tanks to roll against any treasonous Trump insurgents. The U.S military would have an "open season" permit to bag as many Trumpanzees as they can, no questions asked.

I swear every time you post you're another incremental step away from reality. It's like if LG converted to liberal.

No one reasonable actively wants a Civil War here or elsewhere. Not Trump supporters. Not Hillary supporters. And I know it's hard to believe but not every last person supporting Trump is a racist bigot misogynistic redneck lacking a high school diploma.

To some people he's simply the GOP candidate and they're going to support the GOP on principle and that's all there is to it. I think it's a mistake, but it's their mistake to make, like it or not.

Similarly, Eliroo's assumption that supporting Hillary = supporting civil war lacks nuance and understanding of the global geopolitical climate, and carries a lot more baggage than is really intended with his offhanded attempt at wit.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-24 13:37:16  
BWHAHAHAHA!!!!

I typically MUHAHAHAHAAAAA!

BWHAHAHAHA!!!! is more of an IN YOUR FACE!! laugh

/shrug
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-24 13:52:18  
To some people he's simply the GOP candidate and they're going to support the GOP on principle and that's all there is to it.

however... keep in mind that democrats outnumber us and could have won every election since 1960 by simply turning out...
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 14:07:08  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
To some people he's simply the GOP candidate and they're going to support the GOP on principle and that's all there is to it.

however... keep in mind that democrats outnumber us and could have won every election since 1960 by simply turning out...

Yeah.

Which is why it's always amazing to me when the midterms roll around and any Democrat wins anything, ever.

"Wait. There's something other than a president to vote for? Pffh. What does that matter?"
--everyone under 50 ever, apparently.

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-10-24 14:21:37  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Except no.

The context of the email again:

Quote:
Hey, when can we meet? I also want to get your Atlas folks to recommend oversamples for our polling before we start in February. By market, regions, etc. I want to get this all compiled into one set of recommendations so we can maximize what we get out of our media polling.

You can't post a definition to write-off what Raveal was trying to express.

The last few words are what this is all about:

Quote:
so we can maximize what we get out of our media polling.

Its clear they want to suggest oversampling in a manner that would sku the results in their favor. I don't really understand what you are arguing against here when the words they used made it obvious their intentions.

All they have to do is something as small as oversample the democratic party by a few % and then you will see an almost equal leap in favor of Clinton.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 37 38 39