Random Politics & Religion #09

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 53 54 55
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-03 11:11:06  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Having some people get away with rule breaking, while others are targeted by certain moderators for not even the littlest things is an issue.

This is a matter of perception and it's not an accurate one.

The moderators have been fair in this regard. If they weren't many people would have been sectioned banned by now. The only person who has been banned and much to my surprise; as they (the mods) let a lot of things slide, displayed behavior and antics that merited it.

Now in other news, let's talk about Nicholas Young of the D.C Metro Transit Authority who was caught buying 250$ worth of gift cards (Apple Store/Google Play) for ISIS.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 11:11:22  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Jetackuu said: »
claiming proof that doesn't exist.

Isn't that the claim to fame of half the title?
I was more referring to "it's been proven....but I won't provide said proof."

I should've been more clear. If you want to try to prove something to someone, show them proof. If you leave someone to Google something on the internet, they are more likely to find 50 links saying the opposite of what you claim before they find a link that matches. That's the nature of the internet.
In all honesty, how many people actually give evidence to their arguments on this website?

I can name 3, maybe 4 people. A couple post articles without providing the source, but at least that isn't bad.

Most people here make statements without providing evidence, and if you provide evidence, they automatically dismiss it because it doesn't fit in their narrow viewpoint. Point that out, they report you for harassment.

Mmmm...You might be discounting the people who stopped posting links to explain their opinions on a subject but gave up. It's pointless if no one is going to read what's presented and jump to conclusions.

This has been demonstrated and pointed out many times. So...
I'll agree with that.

And when I said 3 to 4 people, I wasn't including myself. I think it's pretty obvious that I post evidence by now.

Posting articles without sourcing them isn't to terribly bad. At least with Chanti, she posts who they are from if she doesn't post the link.

But if somebody is going to make an assertion, and not support their opinion, I generally ignore it anyway, or I counter with evidence sometimes.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-03 11:12:58  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Now in other news, let's talk about Nicholas Young of the D.C Metro Transit Authority who was caught buying 250$ worth of gift cards (Apple Store/Google Play) for ISIS.
Prove it. >.>
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-03 11:13:06  
Why would anyone want to back up an opinion with link to a random article ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 11:14:12  
fonewear said: »
It adds to the mystery of the opinion.

Let's play "Is that True?" game!
By fonewear 2016-08-03 11:14:48  

No one cares if you are right or wrong. It's not like you win a prize if you prove a point.
By fonewear 2016-08-03 11:15:12  
Note to self we should win prizes for proving points...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 11:15:34  

No one cares if you are right or wrong. It's not like you win a prize if you prove a point.
Sometimes, the prize is letting the argument die.

I mean, how can you counter an argument that's proven correct?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 11:15:59  
Note to self we should win prizes for proving points...
500 FFXIAH Gems!

Get on it Rooks!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-03 11:16:21  
Quote:
Washington (CNN)In the first case of a US police officer charged with aiding ISIS, a Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority cop was arrested Wednesday for providing material support to ISIS, the Justice Department announced.
Nicholas Young was arrested by the FBI on Wednesday but was on law enforcement's radar since 2010, according to an affidavit released with Young's arrest.

There was no evidence of any threat to the DC Metro system. Young will make his first appearance in court later Wednesday, according to two law enforcement officials.
He would be the first police officer in the United States arrested and charged with supporting ISIS.
Young has been in contact with undercover law enforcement officers and informants since 2011 and was interviewed as early as 2010 about his relationship with a friend, Zachary Chesser, who pleaded guilty to supporting a foreign terrorist organization, according to court documents.
In addition, Young allegedly met several times with Amine El Khalifi before el Khalifi was arrested in 2012 for plotting to carry out a suicide bombing at the US Capitol building.
In 2014, Young also began meeting with an informant who convinced Young he was traveling overseas to join ISIS in Syria, according to the FBI. Once Young believed that had happened, the FBI began communicating directly with Young electronically, posing as the informant.
The core charge of material support came from Young allegedly buying gift cards to support ISIS through mobile messaging accounts. He sent the gift card codes to the person he believed to be in Syria in late July.
Young also traveled to Libya in 2011 and tried to go a second time, telling law enforcement he was working with rebels to overthrow Moammar Gaddafi, according to the court documents. Numerous times he allegedly expressed desires to stockpile weapons, attack law enforcement and warned others about being watched.
Young was a Metro police officer since 2003 but was fired Wednesday morning after his arrest, according to Metro Transit Police.
"This investigation began with concerns that were reported by the Metro Transit Police Department, and it reinforces that, as citizens, we all have a duty to report suspicious activity whenever and wherever it occurs," Metro Transit Police Chief Ron Pavlik said in a statement.
Metro General Manager and CEO Paul Wiedefeld called the case "profoundly disturbing," saying the agency has been working "hand-in-glove" with the FBI throughout the investigation.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-03 11:16:57  
Trying to prove yourself to people you don't care about is challenging...sorta like herding cattle.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 11:17:37  
Well, that's a stupid reason to go to jail.

"Hi, I was providing material support to a terrorist group, please don't rape me!"
By Ramyrez 2016-08-03 11:18:09  

Pick a church and ask.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 11:19:18  
Ramyrez said: »

Pick a church and ask.
I got rewarded with pamphlets to that church.

And also a discounted wedding in Las Vegas.
By fonewear 2016-08-03 11:23:50  
We have gone like 3 posts without bashing Trump people are getting lazy.
By fonewear 2016-08-03 11:24:15  
I personally can't get through the day without blaming Trump for something.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-03 11:26:48  
Prove it. >.>

Sorry but I don't have clearance to release data from the FBI. Only certain bureaus within the DoD and the State Department.

In all seriousness:

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-nicholas-young-dc-police-officer-assisted-isis-authorities-allege-2397324
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-03 11:44:58  
Prove it. >.>

Sorry but I don't have clearance to release data from the FBI. Only certain bureaus within the DoD and the State Department.

In all seriousness:

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-nicholas-young-dc-police-officer-assisted-isis-authorities-allege-2397324

Sorry. It needs to be a peer-reviewed empirical study or I can't read it. This is P&R 2.0, get with the program.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-03 11:52:17  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
This has been demonstrated and pointed out many times.
You said that on the wrong page.
Now you have to provide statistical analysis of this claim!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-08-03 11:55:07  
And I see you all complaining about my article about KJU shooting Nibiru from the other day, but I have no regrets!
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-03 11:58:26  
Seha said: »
And I see you all complaining about my article about KJU shooting Nibiru from the other day, but I have no regrets!

That actually happened, and I have proof.

Rooter: A Methodology for the Typical Unification of Access Points and Redundancy

*Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference*
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-03 11:59:18  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Seha said: »

That actually happened, and I have proof.

Rooter: A Methodology for the Typical Unification of Access Points and Redundancy

*Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference*

I was going to read it...no I wasn't it !
By fonewear 2016-08-03 12:03:24  
I'll see your redundancy link and give you a link yo won't read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Essay_Concerning_Human_Understanding
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-03 12:05:35  

He hasn't said anything unbelievably derpy yet. Give it time, Trumps JAs are on cooldown.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 12:51:24  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

He hasn't said anything unbelievably derpy yet. Give it time, Trumps JAs are on cooldown.
Like that gives the media an excuse to not bash Trump.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-03 12:52:56  

Reading a few GOP bigwigs are getting ready to sit down with Trump to get him to reel it in and stop being a flaming douchewaffle.

Get ready for a whole lot more bad breakfast food if he wins, guys.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 12:53:48  
Ramyrez said: »

Reading a few GOP bigwigs are getting ready to sit down with Trump to get him to reel it in and stop being a flaming douchewaffle.

Get ready for a whole lot more bad breakfast food if he wins, guys.
Still doesn't change the fact that no matter what Trump serves you, it's still better than eating at the Clinton Cafeteria.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-08-03 12:54:34  

I am honestly surprised there isn't more hooting and hollering about the whole "Obama's policies contributed to Khan's death" from the spokesdroid, when Khan died in 2004. I don't think the junior Senator from Illinois has as much power as you want to ascribe to him, peeps.

Like, if I were one of the liberal media, I'd be beating that drum all day just for the laughs.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-03 12:54:44  
Still doesn't change the fact that no matter what Trump serves you, it's still better than eating at the Clinton Cafeteria.

...one can only assume you're speaking from the fiscal side of things, and fiscal alone?

Because some ***he says actually contradicts things you yourself have stated rather clearly...
By Ramyrez 2016-08-03 12:55:18  
Drama Torama said: »

I am honestly surprised there isn't more hooting and hollering about the whole "Obama's policies contributed to Khan's death" from the spokesdroid, when Khan died in 2004. I don't think the junior Senator from Illinois has as much power as you want to ascribe to him, peeps.

Like, if I were one of the liberal media, I'd be beating that drum all day just for the laughs.

I've seen it mentioned a few times.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 53 54 55