Random Politics & Religion #08

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 82 83 84
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-20 21:20:35  
Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
He should just check his holy privileges....

It's not really "His" holy privileges I'm worried about, as even if they do exist, I can't do much about them. They're either greater than me or they're a hoax.

Now, when Earthly folk start claiming that privilege and that they can use it to influence me...
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-20 21:21:46  
Which is an appropriate gif for this thread.

Especially for NINE PAGES!!!!!
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-07-20 21:38:24  
So, Cruz just got booed off the stage after refusing to endorse Trump.

I was all sad we weren't going to have a contested convention, but so far this thing is delivering the goods anyway. All I can think of though, is the ten story tire fire we would have gotten with a real contested convention, and I can't help but feel cheated
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-20 21:43:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You just sort of shift from "losing" to "keeping it off."
I kinda feel the need for an addendum. Unless you're a teenager with a nice metabolism, everyone has to work for it to stay fit, not just fatties.
Sure there's a genetic part of it, but it only goes so far, if you see fit people it's cause they actually do work out at least 3 times a week .-. if you sit on your *** everyday doing nothing and eating junk food your nice genes are going out of the window.
It's not magic..if you want to have a fit body you need some sacrifice and dedication..
I had a mesomorph roomie who would hang out and drink beer all day and still had 6 pack abs at 40.

I was in my '50s, watching my boobs sag inches every day and was so damn jealous.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-20 21:44:00  
Cruz Missive said: »

I was all sad we weren't going to have a contested convention, but so far this thing is delivering the goods anyway. All I can think of though, is the ten story tire fire we would have gotten with a real contested convention, and I can't help but feel cheated
YEAH ME TOO.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-20 21:56:27  
He should just check his holy privileges....

It's not really "His" holy privileges I'm worried about, as even if they do exist, I can't do much about them. They're either greater than me or they're a hoax.

Now, when Earthly folk start claiming that privilege and that they can use it to influence me...

I was trying to find a fun doofus grin picture, but I came across this and felt it was better, even if totally unrelated.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-20 21:57:30  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I kinda feel the need for an addendum. Unless you're a teenager with a nice metabolism, everyone has to work for it to stay fit, not just fatties.
Sure there's a genetic part of it, but it only goes so far, if you see fit people it's cause they actually do work out at least 3 times a week .-. if you sit on your *** everyday doing nothing and eating junk food your nice genes are going out of the window.
It's not magic..if you want to have a fit body you need some sacrifice and dedication..
I had a mesomorph roomie who would hang out and drink beer all day and still had 6 pack abs at 40.

I was in my '50s, watching my boobs sag inches every day and was so damn jealous.

Yeah, I used to know people like that too (I mean, not at 50 yet, but, same idea). I used to be pretty sure they were just freaks. But somehow or other they're beating receipts calorically, so to speak.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-20 22:00:28  

It certainly pissed off the Trump camp, it seems like Cruz doesn't believe Trump is capable of winning, and he, along with Kasich, is setting himself to be the frontrunner in 2020. Maybe he even figures to elevate his position in the Senate.
Problem is, Cruz isn't riding a wave, he is heading directly into it. If Trump does indeed lose the election, and the down ballot goes left as well, Cruz and Kasich both are putting themselves into a position to be blamed for the losses. That is how Newt's career came to an end.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-20 22:12:38  

You should demand your money back!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-20 22:17:30  
Turkey declares three-month state of emergency
CNN

#TheatreNotCoup
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-20 22:19:28  
Turkey: Internal Strife and the Great Purge 2: Electric Boogaloo

Rest of the World: #PopcornNotCandy

/munches on some buttery goodness.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-07-20 22:56:26  
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 04:35:36  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Yeah, I used to know people like that too (I mean, not at 50 yet, but, same idea). I used to be pretty sure they were just freaks. But somehow or other they're beating receipts calorically, so to speak.

It's the daily caloric burn rate. Having "abbs" and a low fat body is entirely about energy balance. Fat cells are merely the bodies fuel tank, it's programmed to hold a lot of them in reserve for winter and other times where food isn't immediately available. The only way to use up those energy reserves is to use more total energy then what's taken in, to the tune of about 3700 calories per pound. We eat all sorts of little stuff we never think about, soft drinks, candy, snacks, along with our oversized highly caloric meals. We then live these sedentary lives where machines and computers do the vast majority of the work for us. The result is high energy input, low energy output, huge positive delta that gets stored as fat.

Fitness is a lifestyle, it needs permanent changes in order to be effective.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-21 08:02:52  
Educated people barred from leaving and being interrogated.
US hate grows as its accused of having had its finger in the pie.
Confirmed links from Turkish government to ISIS.

Now this:
European Convention on Human Rights suspended in Turkey

I have one word of advice for turkish brothers out there atm.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-21 08:13:05  
Live in Europe, end up with North Korea V2 on your front yard.

"Ehhhhhhhhhhh"

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-21 09:06:13  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
It's funny because the USA nuclear forces use 8-inch floppy disks.

Speaking of antiquated technology, anyone remember the old CD-ROM drives that used these *** things?

[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-21 09:11:29  
Pretty sure FFXIAH runs off a floppy disk.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-21 09:28:12  
fonewear said: »
Pretty sure FFXIAH runs off a floppy disk.

Not precisely, but the first computer I installed XI on did still come with a native 3.5" floppy drive.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-21 09:34:07  
Actually I will give Apple credit when I saw this I was impressed:

By fonewear 2016-07-21 09:35:26  
It is kinda sad that Apple was taking risks with PC now they just sell iphones.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 09:47:23  
So, Milo Yiannopoulos has been permabanned from Twitter, after a run-in with Ghostbusters 2016 star Leslie Jones.

From what I saw, he criticized her work and accused her of playing the victim and being "barely literate" after she fired back at him but never actually said anything racist, sexist, or hateful.

The BS Jones is getting hurled at her is wrong but it happens and her publicly reacting to it has only made it worse.

Milo was also banned roughly 20 mins before a Gays for Trump speaker at the RNC. It's being assumed he may have been banned to prevent him from chiming in on this.

Yiannopoulos is a British tech editor from Breitbart and, yes, a notorious online troll. That said, I don't see what he has done in the past 24 hours to earn a permaban from Twitter.

[Mod Edit: I should also add that Jones had actually provoked the trolls and had been arguing with them for hours before Milo even spoke to her, some of the stuff she was saying and responding to was just childish. - AnnaMolly]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-21 10:02:09  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Mod Edit:
You shouldn't do this here for non moderating actions. Or it kills the point of why Rooks even removed it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-21 10:04:53  
Or, better yet, give us back the freaking edits.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-21 10:08:15  
Anna Ruthven said: »
That said, I don't see what he has done in the past 24 hours to earn a permaban from Twitter.
He had a viewpoint that the moderation staff didn't agree with.

It has happened before.....
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-07-21 10:09:37  
He / She is the worst, it is known.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 82 83 84