Non-Patriotic Organizations And Businesses

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Non-Patriotic organizations and businesses
Non-Patriotic organizations and businesses
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-11 16:37:15  
I think Sevourn has as much right to post on this topic as anyone else. This is a FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM, and he plays FINAL FANTASY XI! If you wanted Americans onry, you should've posted on a site that doesn't allow non-Americans.

EDIT: Nevermind, I take that back. His Iranian flag is obviously a joke, or something.
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-11 16:37:18  
Sevourn said:
I'm an idiot!

Fixed that for yah.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-09-11 16:39:01  
Sevourn said:
Ludoggy said:
Of course...if you joined the military and werent ever deployed you are automatically a deployment dodger.

were you there? i promise you. if you were in the army from the time of the initial invasion up until now, and you have not deployed, you are either on life support, a malingering coward, or a coward in a high place or with friends in high places.

i spent more than half of my time in the army in iraq because others were afraid to go even once. guess who picked up the extra shifts?

Oh! and!

Littledarc said:
here's a question for you. would you be offended if a flag was left out overnight without a light on it? how about if a flag was shredded and still flying?

i don't get why you're so against flag etiquette.

nope. wouldn't be offended at all. fly it upside down too, for all i care. I don't have one iota of respect for the flag. it's a piece of cloth. I refuse to pledge allegiance to a piece of cloth.

i love my country. i could care less about the logo we picked out a couple hundred years ago.

when we have a country where you are free to burn the flag with no legal consequence, the actual freedom that that will signify will be more important than a piece of cloth can ever be. that freedom is what i fought for, not the flag itself.

Don't care to touch on real service or whatnot, but the latter portion, I wholeheartedly agree with..

The flag of any country is just a symbol. A mascot. Not loving the country's flag doesn't make you any less patriotic. If Sevourn felt like setting every flag he could reach on fire, I wouldn't give a second's pause in the face of his defending the country and our lives in service.

If you have to cling to something, cling to the ideals, not to the symbols.. If you're truly a patriot, go out and show that you're using the freedoms you have. Proclaim those from the rooftops, not attaching a piece of cloth and a silly set of rules attached to it..

Here's the truth: If a squad dies protecting the flag, and in the end, the flag is still standing? We lost. It's the men and women of a nation, holding to its ideals that should be held up for all to see, not a piece of cloth.

As for 9/11.. It happened. The people truly affected by it feel it every day, and probably don't give a damn if the nation 'understands' their pain for one day. I'm sure their load is lightened knowing that some company is posting record profits today on flags that these 'patriots' will hold as the only way to show you care for the country..

You want to show you care? Do your job, live your life, and hold dear the things your country stands for, not whether someone has a flag lapel pin, or whether someone is doing this or that with their flag.

Littledarc said:
and what about those people that do deploy and never leave the FOB? what are they? are they cowards too? seriously stop judging people that served just because they may not have served exactly like you.

Heh, Little... If you're to tell Sevourn to stop judging by whether or not he served more or less than any other.. Why are you judging the patriotism of those you see, simply because they aren't waving their flag in just the manner you are?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-11 16:39:31  
My flag is better then your flag.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 16:40:19  
Rylis said:
lots of awesome stuff

i heart you
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-11 16:41:11  
Katarzyna said:
I think Sevourn has as much right to post on this topic as anyone else. This is a FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM, and he plays FINAL FANTASY XI! If you wanted Americans onry, you should've posted on a site that doesn't allow non-Americans.

Yes and on that note, WTF is this ***doing on FFXI forum anyhow? Go post on reddit or Digg or some place where this may get some real attention and conversation. Some of you people/kids amaze me with the ***you think.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 16:41:16  
Zayo said:
Sevourn said:
I'm an idiot!

Fixed that for yah.

Classy!

remember kids, if you can't win on the facts, just resort to ad-hominem attacks!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-11 16:43:35  
Zayo said:
Katarzyna said:

Yes and on that note, WTF is this ***doing on FFXI forum anyhow? Go post on reddit or Digg or some place where this may get some real attention and conversation. Some of you people/kids amaze me with the ***you think.

The topic is allowed to be here, it is in the off-topic section that is not related to FFXI.

If anyone else doesn't agree with the thread, then do not post and continue on.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 16:47:32  
Katarzyna said:
My office doesn't even have a flag.

We must be REALLY non-patriotic.

No moment of silence either. Sorry, we were busy. You know...doing our jobs. Until Congress declares it a law to where all businesses are closed, we aren't going to close, mmmkay?

What's with this ideology that service men need to be worshiped like they are gods? You served. Congratulations. On behalf of all American citizens, I personally thank you.

Now kindly shut up.

i absolutely agree. i got paid for what i did. i'm not asking for gratitude. only reason i mentioned the military is because littledarc asked me why i cared about his topic. usually i don't even mention it.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-11 16:47:36  
Omg they don't have flags. Let me go cry rq.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-11 16:49:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

You know this arguement over patriotism is sickening. People have their rights. We believe in patriotism to a certain degree. Some of us who have/are serving our country have our opinions too, but we sign that line to do what our country asks. Yes we're not as tough as those who served WWII and have those that don't deploy or don't perform like their peers. That all gets dealt with. At least in my branch we have people that'll just get out of the military because they see it as a joke to have weak people mooching of the benefits.

I'm getting waaaay off track, but I for sure am satisfied that I have provided my part to ensure civilians can practice the freedoms I and many others protect.

What others do to the flag is what they do. It does disgust me when they disrespect it and claim it's their freedom. I'm sorry, but I didn't go volunteer to sit out in the middle of nowhere and watch dead bodies and wounded come in on a daily basis. Those people are the ones that are the embodiment of our flag. I view our flag as more than just a piece of cloth. It's the symbol of those who put their lives at risk to make this country what it is today. From the first day of the revolution to today. I'll always see the faces of those who through the hardships of this country sacrificed their lives so I can have the life I do today.

Deployed or not I don't care and calling out others over something so stupid doesn't make you more of a man or patriot. How would you know their job doesn't require them to deploy? I know plenty in my branch of service that the closest they'll get to war is the humanitarian missions now being ran in Africa. Should they be lynched? Hell no!

Now settle the F--- down and figure out why you're saying you are more patriotic when you talk about the symbol of our nation is just a piece of cloth. You are just as worthless as the ones you call "Deployment Dodgers".

You wanna know what branch I'm in, what deployments I've been on or what I even do? Good Luck with that pal. I only share my stories with real soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 16:53:45  
lilbusta said:
I'm sorry, but I didn't go volunteer to sit out in the middle of nowhere and watch dead bodies and wounded come in on a daily basis.

you're cute when you get defensive

all i'll say is its really amusing how quick those people who didn't deploy are to assure everyone that they're still like totally a patriot.

i honestly can't say i'm interested in your stories
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-11 16:57:17

Sevourn said:
all i'll say is its really amusing how quick those people who didn't deploy are to assure everyone that they're still like totally a patriot.

Youngling for sure.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-11 16:58:03  
Sevourn said:
o god i thought

people had gotten over 9/11

patriotism witch hunts

Sevourn said:

QFT. In the end does all your guys bitching about how high a flag is make one shed of difference? If you feel so goddamn patriotic go enlist. I garuantee your views will change alot.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-11 17:00:42

Dasva said:
Sevourn said:

QFT. In the end does all your guys bitching about how high a flag is make one shed of difference? If you feel so goddamn patriotic go enlist. I garuantee your views will change alot.

I have, hence my Korpg type post.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-11 17:01:37  
Good for you. It gives you no right to say anything bad about people who don't place a peice of clothe to your liking. Half the time guys I worked with in Navy didn't even know why we were hanging the flag at half mast when we did
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-09-11 17:02:17  
Lilbusta said:
You know this arguement over patriotism is sickening. People have their rights. We believe in patriotism to a certain degree. Some of us who have/are serving our country have our opinions too, but we sign that line to do what our country asks. Yes we're not as tough as those who served WWII and have those that don't deploy or don't perform like their peers. That all gets dealt with. At least in my branch we have people that'll just get out of the military because they see it as a joke to have weak people mooching of the benefits.

I'm getting waaaay off track, but I for sure am satisfied that I have provided my part to ensure civilians can practice the freedoms I and many others protect.

What others do to the flag is what they do. It does disgust me when they disrespect it and claim it's their freedom. I'm sorry, but I didn't go volunteer to sit out in the middle of nowhere and watch dead bodies and wounded come in on a daily basis. Those people are the ones that are the embodiment of our flag. I view our flag as more than just a piece of cloth. It's the symbol of those who put their lives at risk to make this country what it is today. From the first day of the revolution to today. I'll always see the faces of those who through the hardships of this country sacrificed their lives so I can have the life I do today.

Deployed or not I don't care and calling out others over something so stupid doesn't make you more of a man or patriot. How would you know their job doesn't require them to deploy? I know plenty in my branch of service that the closest they'll get to war is the humanitarian missions now being ran in Africa. Should they be lynched? Hell no!

Now settle the F--- down and figure out why you're saying you are more patriotic when you talk about the symbol of our nation is just a piece of cloth. You are just as worthless as the ones you call "Deployment Dodgers".

You wanna know what branch I'm in, what deployments I've been on or what I even do? Good Luck with that pal. I only share my stories with real soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines.

But a symbol has only the weight that is attached to it.. For example, from the ages of 2 to about 11, I lived in the same house.. I consider that house to be a pretty resounding symbol of my childhood. Well, a couple of years back, it was paved over for a couple of stores. Seemingly, my childhood remains intact.

A symbol can be destroyed without the slightest adverse effect on what it symbolizes.

As for service and whatnot.. I couldn't serve because of an accident I had when I was young.. I was backed over by a garbage collection truck at the age of 18 months, which, while it left no significant impairment, kept me from enlisting when I turned 18. Does that make me any less patriotic?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-11 17:02:48  
Do not post offensive content in here.

Keep it in a civil manner please.

Thanks.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-11 17:05:49  
Alyria said:
Do not post offensive content in here.

Keep it in a civil manner please.

Thanks.

You have a relic bouncer club
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-11 17:08:16  
Rylis said:
I was backed over by a garbage collection truck at the age of 18 months, which, while it left no significant impairment, kept me from enlisting when I turned 18. Does that make me any less patriotic?

The stigma I've seen from the loudest bunch of servicemen is "I enlisted, therefore I am patriotic. You didn't enlist, therefore you aren't."

So apparently, yes, you are less patriotic.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-11 17:09:00

If symbol has meaning to you then you would feel resentment to lose it.

Everyone has there reasons why they couldn't enlist or have enlisted, but have the "cook" job. Not every job in the military is on the front lines. For the sake of stupidity the military doesn't cut down on each other because of jobs. It's the idiots that think they're the ***because a bullet was shot at them or they killed someone. Big picture people!

Signing the line and taking the oath is what I follow. If it means that I have to be a "Fobbit" then that's how it is and I deal with the fact that I can't be out there. If it means I'll never deploy then that's how it works as long as I know how I'm contributing to the big picture.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 17:10:03  
Dasva said:
Good for you. It gives you no right to say anything bad about people who don't place a peice of clothe to your liking. Half the time guys I worked with in Navy didn't even know why we were hanging the flag at half mast when we did

look, this is exactly how i feel. dasva is right. i really don't know how else i can phrase it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-11 17:11:08  
You'd be suprised what you can have and still get in if you just lie or get wavers
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-11 17:12:57  
Dasva said:
If you feel so goddamn patriotic go enlist. I garuantee your views will change alot.

But but... I even heard there's no respawn point in RL !
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-11 17:13:55  
Antipika said:
Dasva said:
If you feel so goddamn patriotic go enlist. I garuantee your views will change alot.

Action replay duh
 Remora.Siavash
サーバ: Remora
user: Siavash
By Remora.Siavash 2009-09-11 17:13:56  
Dasva said:
You'd be suprised what you can have and still get in if you just lie or get wavers

I got denied during the physical... giant scar on my back from surgery didnt help lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 17:14:19  
pretty sure i've said repeatedly i have no problem at all with fobbits. i've got no problem with people who don't enlist.

i have a problem with armchair patriots who don't do anything, and then call out others for not being patriotic enough
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 17:15:10  
Vegetto said:
Antipika said:
Dasva said:

Action replay duh

yah just gotta make sure you use iraq-app
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.