New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » The best Sleeper Movies you know
The best Sleeper Movies you know
 Bahamut.Striker
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-06-24 20:56:14  
That is, movies which are great and you may have never heard of, not movies that are easy to fall asleep to. (anything narrated by David Attenborough). List the movie/s and a short description of it.

The Road : Stars Viggo Mortensen, a post apocalyptic film where he struggles to protect his young son as they travel to the coast.

Castaway on the Moon : A south korean film where a man fed up with his life attempts suicide by jumping into the Han river, he ends up alive and stranded on an island in the river because he cannot swim.

Odd Thomas : RIP Anton Yelchin, he stars in this movie as the main character Odd. He can see dead people and the creatures that appear when someone is about to face a gruesome death. If the creatures know you can see them they will kill you. (I thought this movie was great, it had a stunted release due to a lawsuit but was on Netflix for a short time which is where I found it.)
By Kisagotami 2016-06-24 21:54:38  
Bahamut.Striker said: »
The Road : Stars Viggo Mortensen, a post apocalyptic film where he struggles to protect his young son as they travel to the coast.
Never saw the movie but the book was quite good.

Bahamut.Striker said: »
Castaway on the Moon : A south korean film where a man fed up with his life attempts suicide by jumping into the Han river, he ends up alive and stranded on an island in the river because he cannot swim.
This movie was really weird/funny in a good way.

Not sure if it was a popular movie or not but one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time was...

Nightcrawler: guy desperate for work finds his calling filming crime scenes and selling the footage to news stations. stuff happens.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-06-24 22:01:00  
Snowpiercer : captain america eats babies.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-06-24 22:08:41  
Odin.Calipso said: »
Snowpiercer : captain america eats babies.
That sounds about right
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Beau 2016-06-24 23:36:35  
Atlas Shrugged Part I
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-24 23:51:30  
The Cube

Equilibrium

And one that most people seem to have never seen though I remember it being fairly well promoted: Rounders (Matt Damon)

Quote:
Castaway on the Moon

Ever seen Moon with Sam Rockwell?
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-06-25 00:16:56  
I just remembered Event Horizon was really good
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-06-25 09:20:10  
This is the end is super easy for me too fall asleep on but maybe that's just cause I watched it a hundred times
By Slevin 2016-06-25 10:28:59  
-Waking life
-lock, stock, and two smoking barrels
-lucky number Slevin
-snatch
-layer cake
Just name a few that most people I know haven't seen. All very good.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-25 23:41:26  
Big Fish - extremely great storytelling it's about a son being there for his sick father although not having the best of a relationship with him , he finally listens to his father's story realizing his father was truly amazing. Definitely a tear jearker at least for me.

Ravenous - definitely a sleeper movie it's setting is around the civil war era it's about a Fort dealing with a cannibal. The music score to this movie puts a fear factor to it definitely worth checking out.

Cecil B Demented - this is definitely a unique film , it's about a rebel movie director and his crew waging war on Hollywood whom kidnaps and convinces Hollywood's biggest star to star in his visonary film.

B.Monkey - in my opinion the best romance film ever, it's about how a grade school teacher meets Londons best jewel theif who steals his heart ,who is also caught up with the mob while trying to set her life straight, it's shows how far and deep honest love and sacrifices go in a epic tug of war of trying to leave the past to start a clean future.

Let The Right One In - watch the original Scandinavian film please not the US version. This is a unique take on a Vampire film that is about a young boy who is abused and bullied that falls in love with a girl.

That's about all I can think of at the moment I'll put more in if I run across more hope you enjoy the films.
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-06-25 23:56:09  
Bad Boy Bubby
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-06-26 01:18:55  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »

Ravenous - definitely a sleeper movie it's setting is around the civil war era it's about a Fort dealing with a cannibal. The music score to this movie puts a fear factor to it definitely worth checking out.

That movie is awesome. Loved it when it came out and must have watched it like 50 times. Plus the soundtrack is awesome.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-06-26 01:33:13  
jagten
Danish movie with mads mikkelsen. Bit more serious topic on pedophilia, an innocent man gets accused of abusing his friend's daughter.

La vita e bella
Italian older movie from 1997 from and with Roberto Benigni. It zooms in on a Jewish family in Italy during the second world war. A father tries everything to make his son believe that the war all is just a game. The movie has a weird dramatic but humoristic thing going on.
By Odinz 2016-06-26 02:03:09  
Slevin said: »
-lock, stock, and two smoking barrels
Slevin said: »
-snatch
Those are Guy Ritchie's genre-setting masterpieces and two of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time.

They're in a league of their own.

I'll add one:

- Chopper (The Chopper Reed story)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-06-26 02:24:14  
May not be a sleeper but Legend *** omg Tim Curry and the costume makers masterful
[+]
By Slevin 2016-06-26 02:35:48  
And yet, most people I talk to about movies have no clue what I'm talking about when I mention them
By Slevin 2016-06-26 09:15:24  
-Bunraku (a lot of good actors. Surprised it's not more popular)
-Operation:Endgame (not he best movie. But I enjoyed it)

I'll keep thinking of more and add to this
 Odin.Jsmooth
By Odin.Jsmooth 2016-06-26 10:56:40  
Sleuth, 2007!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-06-26 11:08:50  
THE BIG LEBOWSKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Also, you don't hear many people talk about Dead Poets Society. If you want to see the truth about why there really aren't any literary movements anymore, this film will open your eyes. Also, some would argue that this film is one of Robin Williams' greatest ever.
By volkom 2016-06-26 11:49:39  
the revenent