Random Politics & Religion #07

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 59 60 61
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-07-10 18:42:47  
Meant to say taser. Auto-correct sucks.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-10 19:20:30  
Second degree murder then, I forgot first degree has to be premeditated. Its not manslaughter, 4 shots to the back for no reason is not manslaughter.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-10 20:44:54  
even my favorite food reviewer agrees
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-10 23:44:39  
Seha said: »
And again, if a guy is at 50 cm from you and you are trained individual there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to aim for an arm. If you panic so easily that you can't even do that then you're not fit for this job.
have you ever fired a gun before seha?

serious question.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-10 23:47:43  

Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-10 23:54:50  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
And again, if a guy is at 50 cm from you and you are trained individual there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to aim for an arm. If you panic so easily that you can't even do that then you're not fit for this job.

serious question.
I have. It's amazingly easy to move the gun about six or so inches to the right or left and hit an immobile target at point blank range. Up and down works well too.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-11 00:15:55  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

serious question.
I have. It's amazingly easy to move the gun about six or so inches to the right or left and hit an immobile target at point blank range. Up and down works well too.

Why is there a target at point blank range that you absolutely need to shoot at? If someone is such a threat and is so close to you, center mass is the closest thing to a guarantee that you're going to stop him aside from shooting his face off. It's not just biology, it's physics.

Again, you only shoot a gun at a suspect if there is clear and present danger to a police officer or a 3rd party that only lethal force can reliably solve. Shooting at a limb sounds great to the uninformed, but there are so many reasons why it's not a viable thing to train officers to do.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-11 00:17:14  
I completely understand shooting for center mass, the problem in this case was the choice to shoot in the first place. Completely wrong decision.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-11 00:22:17  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

serious question.

Why is there a target at point blank range that you absolutely need to shoot at? If someone is such a threat and is so close to you, center mass is the closest thing to a guarantee that you're going to stop him aside from shooting his face off. It's not just biology, it's physics.

Again, you only shoot a gun at a suspect if there is clear and present danger to a police officer or a 3rd party that only lethal force can reliably solve. Shooting at a limb sounds great to the uninformed, but there are so many reasons why it's not a viable thing to train officers to do.
When you have a 'suspect' pinned to the ground and you're literally sitting on top of him? You have a loooot of options to work with.

If your first idea for dealing with a mostly restrained individual is to execute him? You have a *** problem.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-11 00:29:59  

serious question.

When you have a 'suspect' pinned to the ground and you're literally sitting on top of him? You have a loooot of options to work with.

If your first idea for dealing with a mostly restrained individual is to execute him? You have a *** problem.

It's not a matter of whether or not they should have shot him in the arm. They shouldn't have shot him period, imo. Which goes along with my point.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 00:41:24  
Skjalfeirdotter said: »

These people are trashiest scumbags. The same type of person that called still grief the parents of Sandy Hook.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-11 01:55:22  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »

These people are trashiest scumbags. The same type of person that called still grief the parents of Sandy Hook.

http://www.naturalnews.com/files/NobodyDiedAtSandyHook.pdf
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 04:34:03  
If trolling, it's not remotely humorous.

If serious, you only need to watch an episode of any reality tv show or half the other shows on TV to know just how bad most people are acting on top of how well-known the fact is that that many people couldn't keep a secret.

When I was watching the Dallas shootings semi-live, I saw a few idiots walking down the street with their phones out recording the whole thing. That's easy to explain: people are idiots.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-11 04:55:05  
Yes, but it's irrelevant.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-07-11 05:37:49  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't really understand why these guys shoot to kill instead of just in a shoulder(if not directly under threat). They are supposed to be trained with guns, there is no reason why they should aim to kill..at such a short distance too.

It's simply a matter of they think their lives are more important, and unfortunately so do lawmakers and the general public when it comes down to it. Everything is for the "safety of the officer."

I don't know how you expect to use logic with somebody who attempts to justify the shooting of a pinned suspect though.
By Jetackuu 2016-07-11 05:43:20  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
"Better him than me." Applies in this scenario.
and people wonder why some are so fed up with the police that they would openly murder them.

As for the right to resist unlawful arrest. The place to do it is in court, not on the street. I mean how stupid can people be, how do they think that will turn out for them. Honestly? Go for it if you really want to, let me know how it turns out.

Personally I'd comply, and get a lawyer. Have your day in court, prove the *** wrong; and get a settlement. On the plus side you won't be bruised up(as much), or have any extra holes you weren't born with.

It literally doesn't get much more un-American than that. Try again.
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-11 08:09:45  
Theresa May is to be the next prime minister of the UK and the second woman to hold the office.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-11 08:20:44  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
I saw a few idiots walking down the street with their phones out recording the whole thing.

I don't think that is what was happening, rumor is a Mewtwo showed up just as ***was popping off.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-11 09:07:37  
Jetackuu said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't really understand why these guys shoot to kill instead of just in a shoulder(if not directly under threat). They are supposed to be trained with guns, there is no reason why they should aim to kill..at such a short distance too.

It's simply a matter of they think their lives are more important, and unfortunately so do lawmakers and the general public when it comes down to it. Everything is for the "safety of the officer."

I don't know how you expect to use logic with somebody who attempts to justify the shooting of a pinned suspect though.

His right arm was unsecured. Can one be pinned and still be capable of pulling a gun out of their pocket?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-11 09:25:23  
my personal favorites are when there are 35 cops and they get the suspect down and then all 35 cops get into a rugby scrum trying to put there knees in his spine/taze him and all of them are yelling quit resisting even though the man cant move for sheer cop mass on him lol
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 09:42:18  
Ruaumoko said: »
Theresa May is to be the next prime minister of the UK and the second woman to hold the office.

Maybe on a technicality, but Maggie had bigger balls that most world leaders of today, and hers were solid *** iron.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 09:44:33  
Jetackuu said: »
It literally doesn't get much more un-American than that. Try again.

What if I set fire to an American-flag-shaped apple pie pyre which is roasting Don MacLean as he performs American Pie on a guitar pained as an American flag with the Star Spangled Banner words on it, all in the biggest Bald Eagle's nest you've ever heard of.

While drinking a Canadian beer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-11 10:08:54  
you need to add baseball in there somewhere and i think you're good
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-11 10:12:56  
Hopefully the dash cameras and any nearby security cameras are made public....
Seeing as both of the officers' body cams "fell off" during the struggle, the officers confiscated the store's security camera hard drive, and the HD's pics haven't been released yet, I doubt they ever will be.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 10:21:31  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
you need to add baseball in there somewhere and i think you're good

I'll light it all with a torch made from a Louisville Slugger! (with the added lesson that as a child the Louisville Slugger is where/how I learned that "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing.)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-11 10:38:06  
my turn how about 7th inning stretch ALCS game Sox Yanks i force Blake Shelton to sing America the Beautiful with wrong lyrics while i dry hump a firefighter who died on 9/11's corpse while drinking a red stripe wearing a montreal expos hat with the words yes/no on my *** cheeks
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-11 11:02:08  
His right arm was unsecured. Can one be pinned and still be capable of pulling a gun out of their pocket?
The only people saying this are the two guys who have literally nothing to gain by saying otherwise.

The store owner says his hand never went for his pocket.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 11:06:18  
montreal expos

I dunno. We 'murrica'ed them and sent them to DC, of all places...
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-11 11:11:48  
Ramyrez said: »
montreal expos

I dunno. We 'murrica'ed them and sent them to DC, of all places...

thus it being a form of protest against us nationalizing them forcefully
By volkom 2016-07-11 11:12:32  

serious question.

It's not a matter of whether or not they should have shot him in the arm. They shouldn't have shot him period, imo. Which goes along with my point.

Wasn't the guy tasered and still resisting? And even with the cops on top of him they didn't have full control?
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 59 60 61