Random Politics & Religion #07

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 59 60 61
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-08 08:49:43  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Titanfoo said: »
Comments like these are not productive and have nothing to do with a healthy debate.

Welcome to P&R. This isn't exactly a breeding ground for healthy debate.

As for Aman's comment, there is hateful rhetoric being used against the police, and a majority of it is coming from the Left. Sure, Aman's comment could have been phrased better, but telling him to get out as a mod is unacceptable unless a rule has been broken.
While I hate to admit it, and a few will hate to see me admit it, you're right. I jumped the gun.

But once someone has said so many outrageous things, it's hard to not assume he's trolling.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-08 08:55:34  
Titanfoo said: »
Ridiculous comments like this

I think he has made a valid point about democratic politicians and the media blowing incidents like michael brown out of proportion to push an agenda that claims the police have too much power/firepower.

Police officers, fire fighters and the brave men and women in our military are heroes that put their lives on the line to protects ours every day.

What have you done? What have you put on the line for your community?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-08 08:56:47  
Anna Ruthven said: »
While I hate to admit it, and a few will hate to see me admit it, you're right. I jumped the gun.

But once someone has said so many outrageous things, it's hard to not assume he's trolling.

You need to quit trolling us.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 09:01:23  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

You need to quit trolling us.

Meta.
By volkom 2016-07-08 09:01:30  
Was driving to work, heard total of 5 officers killed with several more wounded. Dallas PD took out one of the guys who was in a standoff with a bomb attached to robot
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 09:04:04  
Both sides need to tone down the rhetoric hardcore and accept that each "side" (which is a joke, really, because we're all on the same damn side here) has some pretty strong arguments for why they're "right."

That's the first step.

Until we get to that point, things are just going to get worse.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-08 09:09:15  
Ramyrez said: »
Both sides need to tone down the rhetori

no just your side!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 09:16:09  
no just your side!

Which side is that?

I'm actually a little confused right now myself.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-07-08 09:17:25  
...if AB is dead, this country is now at war.

The Good Eats Army will not tolerate this and we will rise up, sock puppet death ready to reign down upon our foes!
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
MASTODON !!!!
Ramy, stop posting awesome things.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 09:19:44  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Ramy, stop posting awesome things.

Don't worry, I'll balance it out with utter ***sooner or later.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-08 09:23:01  
Feels the urge for more metals (reposted because of stupid youtube list url)

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-08 09:50:25  
Which side is that?

you tell us. Do you agree with this statement or not?

Police officers, fire fighters and the brave men and women in our military are heroes that put their lives on the line to protect our lives every day.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 09:53:16  
Which side is that?

you tell us. Do you agree with this statement or not?

Police officers, fire fighters and the brave men and women in our military are heroes that put their lives on the line to protect our lives every day.

I think they're all individuals and your mileage may vary depending on who you get.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-08 09:55:23  
I think they're all individuals and your mileage may vary depending on who you get.

then you're on the loser's side with all the other losers!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 09:56:39  

then you're on the loser's side with all the other losers!

You really are being quite meta today.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-07-08 10:04:16  

I don't agree with the 'police officer' part. a fair amount of them are chicken shits who milk the public for money by setting up speed traps. then there's also a fair portion who are just drunk with power. I don't think you should lump the good people of our military in with the high school dropout douchbags that a fair amount of policemen are.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-08 10:04:43  
Now that I have a moment since it's raining, I think I should post an apology. No, I'm not kissing *** but I will admit if I'm wrong.

I had section banned Aman due to trolling. To me, from my point of view, his opinion looked like trolling, obviously there are two sides to politics and silencing one over wording isn't the answer. I removed Aman's section ban after my last post and I apologize for jumping the gun (except to Nik).

I suppose my lame excuse could be that we are kinda figuring out section ban protocol as we go so there are some bumpy roads in that. As for my jumping the gun, that was my bad.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-07-08 10:07:07  
It's ok, we all know you are terrible.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-08 10:10:35  
Siren.Mosin said: »
It's ok, we all know you are terrible.
I try my best. <3

Mos is now banned for two weeks. *jumped gun*

(Kidding.)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-08 10:14:50  
All these jumping guns. How about banning those!

Was I smooth enough?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-08 10:17:25  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
All these jumping guns. How about banning those!

Was I smooth enough?
2nd Amendment tho.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 10:17:48  

I don't agree with the 'police officer' part. a fair amount of them are chicken shits who milk the public for money by setting up speed traps. then there's also a fair portion who are just drunk with power. I don't think you should lump the good people of our military in with the high school dropout douchbags that a fair amount of policemen are.

Pretty much this. Nik's statement is just to broad for me.

Military service members by and large I agree with Nik's statement until an individual proves otherwise, but the bottom line is that unless they're reneging on their oath, they swore an oath to protect my freedoms with their lives so yeah. Until/unless they do something horrendous that violates the spirit of that oath, they've got my respect and thanks.

Police offers I used to feel that way about. But then I realized that a lot of them are just bullies with badges. Especially local cops. State cops tend to be considerably better (probably because a lot of them are, ohoho, former military). But local cops your mileage may vary from amazing public servants who are every bit worthy of respect and thanks all the way down to "hey...you're a scumbag. Please stop receiving pay with my tax dollars."

And firefighters? Let's just not. There's too much to discuss.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-08 10:19:00  
You mean openers of locked doors and elevator fixers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-08 10:19:56  

don't forget oppressive rescuers of cats in trees.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-08 10:20:30  

I don't agree with the 'police officer' part.

then your parents/legal guardians raised you wrong.

as with any rule there are exceptions...<cough> chelsea manning</cough>

but on the whole the men and women that swear an oath to protect our lives with their own should be given our respect, if nothing else. and let's face it they don't get much else, especially in the monetary rewards department...

I want you to think about this for a minute because it's important.

Every single traffic stop there is a possibility they will get sent home in a body bag. Their spouses will be widows and their kids will be short a role model. Because they're tired of scooping up our brains off the pavement after a traffic accident.

So I will ask again... What do you put on the line every single day for your community?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 10:20:48  

Like I said. Too much to discuss.

Volunteer vs. paid, city vs. rural, etc.

I admit when it comes to firefighters I may be a bit bias by my own associations in Yokelsville, USA.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-08 10:21:48  
But does that disqualify speaking out against infractions of the color of law?
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 10:25:28  
but on the whole the men and women that swear an oath to protect our lives with their own should be given our respect, if nothing else. and let's face it they don't get much else, especially in the monetary rewards department...

I want you to think about this for a minute because it's important.

Every single traffic stop there is a possibility they will get sent home in a body bag. Their spouses will be widows and their kids will be short a role model. Because they're tired of scooping up our brains off the pavement after a traffic accident.

Which is why I agree with you almost entirely about military and at least used to about police, and I still give police officers the benefit of the doubt most of the time. But we've just seen too much in recent years indicating that it's possible that a small but significant percentage don't take their oaths all that seriously and are *** it up for everyone.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-08 10:26:23  
Police offers I used to feel that way about. But then I realized that a lot of them are just bullies with badges. Especially local cops.

How many have you met and talked to?

Because if your sample size is personal experience than it's too small to matter here.

There are roughly 1.5 million police officers
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 59 60 61