Random Politics & Religion #07

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 59 60 61

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 10:12:12  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Seriously, if you haven't come to realize that wealth and influence propel you above the smallfolk then you're more naive than a JRPG protagonist. Clinton has not only monetary clout but political connections. *** yo' bum *** charges, the same way Trump probably will get his slap on the wrist for running his bum *** fake college.

Quick quick incoming round, dodge left, use smokescreen maneuver.

Am I wrong though. Cut away the politics and this is classic "rich guy gets off" stock trope we've seen countless times.

When you're important enough, the rules bend around you.

Your very wrong

Due to the political climate he is going to be scrutinized super hard. The Republicans don't like him either, so there won't be any political pressure to "look the other way". The Democrats need his blood in order to get Hillary elected so they will put political pressure on the DA's and Judges to hurt him hard. If anything Trump has a hard fight ahead of him to keep the Obama + Hillary backed Justice department off him.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-06 10:12:54  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Good job being dishonest.

Here is the link

"Was the most traveled Secretary of State to date"....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-06 10:53:55  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Does the published Chilcot report have any bearing in the US? Considering the conclusions were that the Iraq war was unjustified.
Americans have a great tendency to ignore real news from other countries. What Kate wore or where a Kardashian vacations, that's the foreign "news" we go for.

If your parliament impeaches Blair as a war criminal we might notice.
By fonewear 2016-07-06 10:59:25  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Does the published Chilcot report have any bearing in the US? Considering the conclusions were that the Iraq war was unjustified.
Americans have a great tendency to ignore real news from other countries. What Kate wore or where a Kardashian vacations, that's the foreign "news" we go for.

If your parliament impeaches Blair as a war criminal we might notice.

Fun fact Kim Kardashian is voting for Hillary so she is pretty smart right ?
By fonewear 2016-07-06 11:00:47  
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-06 11:02:20  
So there you have it that is why Hillary should be President in one tweet.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-06 11:15:07  
I think I made no mystery that I agree about a lot of things with Sanders, but his anti-gmo campaign now is really getting on my nerves.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-06 11:23:26  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I think I made no mystery that I agree about a lot of things with Sanders, but his anti-gmo campaign now is really getting on my nerves.

Holy ***yes. What is with this one *** issue and him?

How can a guy be so on board with science in some ways, but then be so thoroughly pseudo-science in another? >.<
By fonewear 2016-07-06 11:28:12  
Ramyrez said: »

How can a guy be so on board with science in some ways, but then be so thoroughly pseudo-science in another? >.<

It's simple he is a *** idiot !
By Ramyrez 2016-07-06 11:29:49  
fonewear said: »
It's simple he is a *** idiot !

I don't think anyone who manages to get where he has is an idiot.

I will say that clearly he's paying back someone's favors through some pandering though.
By fonewear 2016-07-06 11:31:17  
You think too highly of elected officials. You don't have to have an above average IQ to get elected.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-06 11:57:34  
Seriously, if you haven't come to realize that wealth and influence propel you above the smallfolk then you're more naive than a JRPG protagonist. Clinton has not only monetary clout but political connections. *** yo' bum *** charges, the same way Trump probably will get his slap on the wrist for running his bum *** fake college.

Quick quick incoming round, dodge left, use smokescreen maneuver.

Am I wrong though. Cut away the politics and this is classic "rich guy gets off" stock trope we've seen countless times.

When you're important enough, the rules bend around you.

Your very wrong

Due to the political climate he is going to be scrutinized super hard. The Republicans don't like him either, so there won't be any political pressure to "look the other way". The Democrats need his blood in order to get Hillary elected so they will put political pressure on the DA's and Judges to hurt him hard. If anything Trump has a hard fight ahead of him to keep the Obama + Hillary backed Justice department off him.

Again, when you're important the rules bend around you. Doesn't matter if you're Trump or Clinton there are ways to sweep these things aside and people using pleb rules on celebrities is hilarious. A sex scandal may take you down or perhaps it just boosts your notoriety a la Bill Clinton. Drugs? No problem, just commit to rehab. Get caught cheating in sports? Cry on TV then laugh as people legit believe you.

Trumps woes do little other than galvanize his people the same way to Clinton die hards this was never a big deal. Trump's bogus university to his followers is another sign of his messianic mastery of business. His luminary status forever cemented because of Celebrity Apprentice and his devotion to shilling anything with his name on it.

Neither of these folks are going down for breaking the rules. If anything Trumps isolation of anyone not an angry white guy will be what sinks him this cycle.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-06 11:59:30  

Same deal with people vehemently against fossil fuels but are also completely anti-nuclear.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-06 12:26:42  
Well whatever you are just trolling, I'll leave you alone, you are fully aware of her achievements you are just ignoring them.

first you said I was dishonest, then when I provided you a link you now say I am "trolling"....whatever the hell that means.

/gloveslap

I demand satisfaction!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-06 12:54:57  
Same deal with people vehemently against fossil fuels but are also completely anti-nuclear.

I don't see the logical problem in wanting no atmospheric pollution AND no nuclear waste. These people are for renewable energy.

Renewables don't produce enough energy to completely cover our fossil fuel consumption at reasonable cost. Nuclear energy bridges that gap until the technology can catch up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-06 12:55:49  
I mean, oil is so cheap and plentiful right now they've got tankers floating around doing nothing until the prices go back up.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-06 13:06:02  

I don't see the logical problem in wanting no atmospheric pollution AND no nuclear waste. These people are for renewable energy.

And I'm all for a borderless, peaceful world with no murder, hunger, strife, or misery.

But in the mean time, we need to work toward that incrementally, and nuclear would be beneficial on both socioeconomic and environmental factors; even if it isn't good, it's significantly better and, as stated, would bridge a gap.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-06 13:14:08  
And I'm all for a borderless, peaceful world with no murder, hunger, strife, or misery.

then all we gotta do is get rid of all of the people!

/grabs a shovel

now all you gotta do is climb up something real tall and leap right off.

One small step for man. one giant leap for world peace!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 13:15:47  

There isn't even remotely enough "renewable energy" to power the USA, much less the entire world. Nuclear isn't' discouraged because it's dirty or dangerous, it's discouraged because it would be too cheap and plentiful. That would severely upset our current status quo of political power, and nobody wants that.

One Gen III nuclear fission plant emits less total radiation (including waste / ect..) the the dozen or more Coal plants it would replace. One Gen III+ or Gen IV emits even less, nearly none in the case of Gen IV's.

You can be 100% sure that once fusion becomes viable, the same anti-everything progressives will attempt to ban it or prevent it from spreading.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-06 13:15:57  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

/grabs a shovel

Quiet, you.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-06 13:18:44  
anti-everything progressives
Blatantly dishonest way of putting it considering that there are hordes of anti-science cretins on the conservative spectrum too.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 13:22:24  
anti-everything progressives
Blatantly dishonest way of putting it considering that there are hordes of anti-science cretins on the conservative spectrum too.

Yes but they aren't the ones involved in this discussion. And both left and right are "anti-science".

Both pick and chooses what things it likes and what things it doesn't while blatantly ignoring that science is a method not a political tool.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-06 13:30:47  
In the USA, the only reason we haven't gone more nuclear is conservative fear mongering. I mean, everyday you hear them beating the drum about "Obama's war on coal" as if its a bad thing. Every coal plant should be closed and replaced by a nuclear facility. Well, that wouldn't really be necessary, close 20 coal plants at a time and replace them with the number of nuclear plants that would make up for the loss, ie...1.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-06 13:34:29  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I mean, everyday you hear them beating the drum about "Obama's war on coal" as if its a bad thing.

You're not really taking this to the full context.

Trumping up the war on coal as a bad thing is a two-fold gain for them.

1) It garners them the financial support of coal energy giants.
2) It garners them the votes from uneducated coal industry employees who (understandably, to be honest) can't see a bigger picture past "need my coal job" because that's what their entire life has focused around and without that job they can't eat. They'll worry about the environment and their long-term terrible health when it becomes an issue later.
By fonewear 2016-07-06 13:37:08  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

/grabs a shovel

When Hillary wins suicides will definitely spike !
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-07-06 13:52:17  

There isn't even remotely enough "renewable energy" to power the USA, much less the entire world. Nuclear isn't' discouraged because it's dirty or dangerous, it's discouraged because it would be too cheap and plentiful. That would severely upset our current status quo of political power, and nobody wants that.

One Gen III nuclear fission plant emits less total radiation (including waste / ect..) the the dozen or more Coal plants it would replace. One Gen III+ or Gen IV emits even less, nearly none in the case of Gen IV's.

You can be 100% sure that once fusion becomes viable, the same anti-everything progressives will attempt to ban it or prevent it from spreading.
There's also the concept of distributed vs federated systems, centralized power, redundant systems, and the complexity of managing large scale electrical networks.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 13:57:18  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
There's also the concept of distributed vs federated systems, centralized power, redundant systems, and the complexity of managing large scale electrical networks.

And none of those are unique to Nuclear, Coal or "renewables".
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 59 60 61