users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » NM ToD's
NM ToD's
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-11 01:07:17  
I think its about time some one done this, A thread that gives last known ToDs if people are willing to share them.

Server: Lakshmi

NM: Kreutzet

Zone: Cape Teriggan

Notable drops: Sirocco Kukri

Time of Death: 11th September 2009, 6:57am GMT

Good luck with your hunting if you need it! :)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-11 01:16:47  
Server: Carby

NM: Spiny Spipy

Zone: East Sarutabaruta

Notable drops: Mist Silk Cape

Time of Death: 11th September 2009, around 7 am CET

On a more serious note though, nice idea. As long as ppl post actual ToD's and not just make something up to mess with ppl.
 Fairy.Abluetaru
サーバ: Fairy
user: abluetaru
By Fairy.Abluetaru 2009-09-11 01:20:45  
Server: Fairy

NM: King Arthro

Zone: Jugner Forrest

Notable drops: Velicious Belt

Time of Death: 9th September 2009, 3:30pm PST
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-11 01:23:33  
Ya its nice to have an *idea* of the pop time, so you're not wasting time in game standing around ^^,
 Asura.Shua
サーバ: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-09-11 02:23:32  
Kurpse said:
Ya its nice to have an *idea* of the pop time, so you're not wasting time in game standing around ^^,

I concur, but on a complete serious note.
Lets not think this thread was made to include: Kings SW DI.
Keep to to stuff like: Roc Serket KA, Obow NM ect... you know the NMs people wont go "OMFG WHY YOU GIVIN MAH INFOS OUT D:<!!!" Keep it legit though 100%
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-11 03:20:27  
I agree it has to be 100% legit. I don't expect any HNM's to be posted in here, im thinking ToD's Like Shikigami Weapon for YY robe etc. NM's that you're not going to need again once you get the drop. i know i stood for about 15~18 hours waiting for Shiki to pop D:
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-11 04:08:18  
Shua said:

Keep to to stuff like: Roc Serket KA, Obow NM ect... you know the NMs people wont go "OMFG WHY YOU GIVIN MAH INFOS OUT D:<!!!" Keep it legit though 100%

There's always a considerable amount of people at KA, it's not in the same league as Roc, Serket, Shikigami weapon and other NMs. It's not a ToD that should be shared in a topic like this I think. A lot of lesser 21-24 hours NMs or even Kreutzet will sometime pop with nobody camping them because nobody have ToD anymore so I can see this topic being helpful for them. I don't think the 20 people at your last KA pop will be happy to be 42 the next day.
[+]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
サーバ: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 04:24:07  
Liquidz said:
Shua said:

There's always a considerable amount of people at KA, it's not in the same league as Roc, Serket, Shikigami weapon and other NMs. It's not a ToD that should be shared in a topic like this I think. A lot of lesser 21-24 hours NMs or even Kreutzet will sometime pop with nobody camping them because nobody have ToD anymore so I can see this topic being helpful for them. I don't think the 20 people at your last KA pop will be happy to be 42 the next day.

Why shouldn't anything be shared? We all know why someone wouldn't want to share, but i applaud the people like Kurpse who do.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-11 04:39:09  
Because people are actually spending their own time going to Jugner Forest and might wait 3 hours to see one of the other 20 people claiming and all they can bring back home is a well gained ToD to try again the next day. If people want ToD's for thing that are really camped like KA they can work their *** to find it by themselves. I think Kurpse had a good idea, I'm just saying people should think about others who were at the camp before they post any ToD.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 05:34:03  
Liquidz said:
Because people are actually spending their own time going to Jugner Forest and might wait 3 hours to see one of the other 20 people claiming and all they can bring back home is a well gained ToD to try again the next day. If people want ToD's for thing that are really camped like KA they can work their *** to find it by themselves. I think Kurpse had a good idea, I'm just saying people should think about others who were at the camp before they post any ToD.

Would you rather spend hours X hours "working your *** off" for the ToD OR hit a few buttons and just have it?

I know personally i'd just rather stick one of my toons at the camp instead of seeing it posted cause i desire less competition. but others may not have that option or want to spend hours X hours sitting there >.>

Also if it was posted you wouldn't even have to work for it so it goes both ways i suppose. But i still applaud Kurpse and his idea, but i'm sure most would just tell friends when done instead of posting :/
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 05:34:07  
Liquidz said:

Would you rather spend hours X hours "working your *** off" for the ToD OR hit a few buttons and just have it?

I know personally i'd just rather stick one of my toons at the camp instead of seeing it posted cause i desire less competition. but others may not have that option or want to spend hours X hours sitting there >.>

Also if it was posted you wouldn't even have to work for it so it goes both ways i suppose. But i still applaud Kurpse and his idea, but i'm sure most would just tell friends when done instead of posting :/
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-11 05:54:32  
Well I know that I always give it to friends first but this game been going on for so long that a lot of people do not need any of the NM anymore... I remember more than once I sent tells to everyone I knew to tell them Simurgh is up and unclaimed and nobody needed. I would definitely share it with ah.com community in a case like that. ^^
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2009-09-11 06:58:33  
The problem with this idea is thus: You and bob go out to camp saaaayy Kreutzet. When you get there, bob is already there and he's been waiting around an hour. You both wait and wait for 7 hours before he spawns. He gets the claim and doesn't get his drop. You both come back for the next say 5 windows and noone else shows. He finally gets claim and get's the knife. Once he gets back to town he logs on here and posts the ToD and the next time you go out for the window 5 other people with THF at like 43 are there to get their dagger with all their friends and you're stuck on your *** trying to outclaim a damn army just so, after 5 windows, you can get your dagger.

IMO not exactly fair. ToDs should be kept to yourself, -maybe- close friends.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-11 07:20:09  
Server: Asura

NM: Behemoth (very possible to be King Behemoth)

Zone: Behemoth's Domain

Notable drops: Behemoth Hide, Behemoth Tongue, (Defender Ring)

Time of Death: 11th September, 2009, 7:19 A.M. CST
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-11 07:27:30  
i would much rather have a guaranteed ToD and have to fight for claim than spend hours waiting. been there done that quite a few times. plus not to mention no one owns anything, be it a dynamis zone or an nm camp. how do you know that one of these people to show up with announced ToD hasn't previously spent hours camping and given up til they had a ToD. it works both ways. i see no harm in it. happy camping.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-11 07:36:14  
Yeah although a good idea, this won't work. Even with the lesser NMs (Roc, Sim, Kreutzet, Eastern/Western Shadow) if I was camping them and got ToD or kill with no drop, I would not tell anyone outside of my linkshell. The less competition the better IMO. I know I am not alone on this too.
 Gilgamesh.Yorifik
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: yorifik
By Gilgamesh.Yorifik 2009-09-11 07:57:41  
would appreciate Serket ToD on Gilgamesh if anyone is willing to give it to me :)
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-11 10:34:17  
Patriclis said:
The problem with this idea is thus: You and bob go out to camp saaaayy Kreutzet. When you get there, bob is already there and he's been waiting around an hour. You both wait and wait for 7 hours before he spawns. He gets the claim and doesn't get his drop. You both come back for the next say 5 windows and noone else shows. He finally gets claim and get's the knife. Once he gets back to town he logs on here and posts the ToD and the next time you go out for the window 5 other people with THF at like 43 are there to get their dagger with all their friends and you're stuck on your *** trying to outclaim a damn army just so, after 5 windows, you can get your dagger.

IMO not exactly fair. ToDs should be kept to yourself, -maybe- close friends.

i get your point, but in my case where i did camp Kreutzet and got the drop, and i dont know anyone else who needs the drop, i see no harm in sharing it. As for overcrowded pops, well that happens, it life. ive camped VE many times for me and my brother only for some guy to walk in for the last hour and get the claim. Or in some other cases stand and watch me farm it then take the claim >.>
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-11 10:37:27  
Kurpse said:
I think its about time some one done this, A thread that gives last known ToDs if people are willing to share them.

Server: Lakshmi

NM: Kreutzet

Zone: Cape Teriggan

Notable drops: Sirocco Kukri

Time of Death: 11th September 2009, 6:57am GMT

Good luck with your hunting if you need it! :)

So if you posted this in the Lakshmi forum, why bother with "Server: " at all? Or is this supposed to be every server in one Lakshmi thread? This will end up being too cluttered with peoples comments and multiple servers to even search though for a specific NM imo.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-11 11:43:34  
i agree if its for all nm's on all servers it should be in general not server. but even should it work and stay here, its not hard to ctrl+F in your browser and search a nm for any reference.