Those Moat Carps...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Those Moat Carps...
Those Moat Carps...
By FarelTheGecko 2016-04-09 02:57:34  
I remember how back in 2005 I came to the game, discovered "The Rivalry - The Competition" quests and had been wanting to do fishing just to get that Lu Shang fishing rod!

... then I got bored, figured there was more important things to do and gave up on it.

Now years later I came back, and got excited! The skill ups feel like they're faster than before.. I had leveled my cooking and alchemy skill pretty high, so making baits and repairing my Halcyon fishing rod seemed much less of a problem, and hey, The Mog Garden dispenses Moat carps frequently and so forth, so for a bit I thought "Wow, this is going to be much easier!", I caught like 1000 of them, but ... I got bored once more.

With 9000 left, to complete this quest within a month, I'd need to catch 300 carps a day, ok, 3 months time would mean 100 a day, but ... that already feels like a huge chore. SURE, I could buy them from the AH, but not that many are on sale.

I wanted to perhaps just do fishing for fun, just to unlock those fancy quests later on, but people say that if one wants to fish, then one need that darn fishing rod!

I guess I mostly just write this topic as a little rant. There are SOOOO many things in FFXI that I've given up on cause I figured they're not worth the time, and...... this feels like the very first thing that I should do that with, but those few Moat Carps that I get every other day from random things always get to my head...
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-09 03:40:25  
Could farm gil and buy a Lu if that's all you're after. But the pond in your garden only has carp in it incase you were not aware so that's always a good place to fish if that's all you want.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-04-09 07:53:55  
I remember when I grinded for my lu shangs way back in the day, did 200 on my main, then 200 on a mule, then would try to do 200 on 2nd mule, but could never do it lol.... it took a really long time, but i finally got it., watching hulu/other things on internet helped alot to deal with boredom. When I quit like 4-5 years ago, just gave the rod to a friend.
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-09 09:10:32  
there's always the gobbie box. I got a Broken Lu Shang's from it a month or so ago.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-04-09 13:33:11  

i did it on three diff characters while binge watching netflix. just pick a couple of days out of the month and do all three characters. if you rush you'll get burned out unless you're doing something else to distract you. totally worthwhile just for the insulting ki.