フォーラム » Windower » Support » FFXIDB minimap will not show up anymore
FFXIDB minimap will not show up anymore
 Bismarck.Firehot
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Jovanny
By Bismarck.Firehot 2016-03-22 18:21:51  
Hey Everyone,

I have a problem. FFXIDB was showing up with no problem until one day I connected my laptop to the TV to play from the couch. Now it will not show up on my laptop BUT if I play from the TV... WALA it is there!

I have tried deleting windower and reinstalling, which did not work.

I really want the minimap to start working on my laptop again. Any advice/hints/tips/solutions would be appreciated.
 Fenrir.Divinian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2016-03-23 06:25:58  
Is it just off the screen due to resolution differences between the laptop and the TV? If so, go into your windower > plugins > settings folder and modify the FFXIDB.xml settings file to bring it into view so you can move it where you want to. If its not that than I have no idea. Hope this helps.
[+]
 Odin.Vuq
サーバ: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-23 09:04:53  
Should be able to use //ffxidb reset ingame. Or a similar command.
 Bismarck.Firehot
By Bismarck.Firehot 2016-03-23 11:04:36  
Thanks for the responses.

Divinian: I was able to open up the folder but I have no idea on how to modify the settings, not to mention bringing into view.

Vuq: //ffxidb reset did not work
 Odin.Vuq
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-23 12:02:24  
Try //ffxidb and it should list your options.
If i was home i could help you better.
 Odin.Vuq
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-23 12:07:34  
This is a forum about a similar but not exact problem on the official windower website. http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/297-ffxidb-stuck-in-top-left-corner/

It looks like //ffxidb map reset is the command i was looking for earlier.
 Bismarck.Firehot
By Bismarck.Firehot 2016-03-23 17:55:29  
Not gonna lie, I do not know how to do the commands..
 Valefor.Redenius
サーバ: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2016-03-23 18:15:37  
Press the "Insert" key on your pc in game. That will open up a menu with red letter paragraphs. You will see a $ sign. Type next to it the command you want and hit enter. for this example "Insert" key, enter. type: //ffxidb map reset. Hit enter. Then hit "Insert" key to exit. It's been awhile but I believe you can also open the chat log in game. Turn it to party chat with no one else in your party just in
case you fk up. then just type the command in the chat box and hit enter. If I remember correctly it will recognize this also.
 Odin.Vuq
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-23 22:06:11  
you just tpy eit into your regular chat instead of '/l hello ladies' do //ffxidb map reset
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-23 22:29:29  
When typing commands in the console (insert key), you do not need the double brackets "//".

// is a command for console and is used when typing plugin or addon commands in the chatlog.

So for simplicity sake, when you're in the console (insert key, once again), type this:
Code
ffxidb map pos 10 10

This will put the map in position x:10 y:10 on your screen. Simply drag the map with your mouse to the desired position.

Hope that helps you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firehot
By Bismarck.Firehot 2016-03-24 08:05:32  
OMG... That last one did it Speedyjim!! Thank you!

Also THANKS BIG TIME to Vuq/Redenius/Divinian for all your help. Really appreciated. :D
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2016-03-24 16:39:14  
No problem. Glad you got it fixed! Sorry I didn't check back to see how it went until now. ^^
 Valefor.Redenius
サーバ: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2016-03-24 17:35:37  
You're welcome, it has been awhile since I've played so was trying to go off of memory. I'm planning to login as soon as the free weekend starts. I might end up subbing after. We shall see!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2121 days between previous and next post]
By Zyla 2022-01-13 12:35:29  
Sorry for this necro, but I figured better than starting a new thread. My minimap in windower basically just disappeared and I can't seem to get it to show back up. I tried deleting the plugin, it's settings file, and .dll, then redownloading it, but it's still not showing up. I also tried setting it's position to x10, y10 like what worked for the above user, but that didn't work either. Any ideas?
By RadialArcana 2022-01-13 12:57:47  
try type //ffxidb m pos 0 0
By Zyla 2022-01-13 13:22:19  
yea I tried that, it didn't work either
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-01-14 10:25:57  
Zyla said: »
Try deleting Windower4\plugins\settings\ffxidb.xml and reloading the plugin.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [144 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Sirenia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gorgo
By Bahamut.Sirenia 2022-06-07 14:33:29  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Zyla said: »
Try deleting Windower4\plugins\settings\ffxidb.xml and reloading the plugin.
Wanted to necro bump and say this worked!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [454 days between previous and next post]
By 3rbi 2023-09-04 15:45:22  
Having an issue where the minimap portion works but the pc,npc,mobs don't show up on the minimap. i checked the settings, everything is set to true in the globals.
 Bismarck.Voight
By Bismarck.Voight 2023-09-04 20:56:55  
I don't think the PC, NPC, Mob positions have worked on ffxidb in a couple years now. I still use it some, but I use Mappy now for it, KenshiDRK on github has a working version of Mappy and it's great.

https://github.com/KenshiDRK/mappy--Kenshi-Version
By Elikins 2023-09-05 02:33:49  
This is untrue, i use FFXIDB Minimap daily, i have no issues with NPC or mobs showing up on the map, clearly something is wrong with his configuration.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-09-05 09:49:35  
3rbi said: »
Having an issue where the minimap portion works but the pc,npc,mobs don't show up on the minimap. i checked the settings, everything is set to true in the globals.
it is likely dgvoodoo or whatever proxy you are using, most people who come into the windower discord for support end up disabling dgvoodoo seeing the dots then fiddle with setting in dgvoodoo until they can see the dot.