フォーラム » FFXI » General » Top 40 FFXI Players Of All Time
Top 40 FFXI Players Of All Time
First Page 2 3 4 ... 17 18 19
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-18 23:46:57  
i'm gonna give myself a nod as well for my mastery of revenge and "prevenge" also because my mule names that i got away with were extra classy
Flavoredthong, Sideboob, Buckfutter, Gonnomaria, Sylphalice (say it fast), Brogames, Vergina, Skirtsniffer, Sleazebag, Sweatermeat, Cptfunhole, Dumpsterbaby, Pearlnecklace
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-02-18 23:49:58  
Derfthegalka is the first to come to mind.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-18 23:50:13  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I know many people may have forgotten him since I think he retired after the birth of his child, but Taint from Cerberus was definitely one of the best Dark Knights to ever play this game. He might as well have been a real life DRK, that's how good he was. Also was a good all-around guy from what I recall.

I will agree, as a career DRK, Taint was a big help to me despite him being on Cerberus and me being on Hades. When the servers merged we got to party together briefly, and it was pretty cool. He was the better DRK, so we talked about the job in detail, so much so I can't remember most of it (was when Adoulin came out). He was really helpful in the DRK forums; it's not been the same since.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-18 23:51:20  
Phoenix.Bloodred said: »
Fairy
Ronthegreat
Attack
Milkmandan
Awpticle

Sylph
Tigerwoods

Phoenix
Neosutra
Failure

can not forget the before mentioned (Mote and Byrth for contributing
to make Everyones game more enjoyable and skill off the top to boot.
there are others in this group don't think I'm leaving you out on purpose)

Rounding out the top:
Minidragon, the original stanislav, Natenn, and Konvict.

the real list that should only matter to everyone : who did you enjoy playing this game with the most.

Karolina
Khaiden
Jorden
Staley
Barnyrubble
Penglos
Tweaker
Malevolence
Batosi

there are others but these will alwayz stand out!! <3 you guys and miss the ones that arn't around anymore
and a few others
Natenn was *** horrible.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-18 23:52:17  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I know many people may have forgotten him since I think he retired after the birth of his child, but Taint from Cerberus was definitely one of the best Dark Knights to ever play this game. He might as well have been a real life DRK, that's how good he was. Also was a good all-around guy from what I recall.

I will agree, as a career DRK, Taint was a big help to me despite him being on Cerberus and me being on Hades. When the servers merged we got to party together briefly, and it was pretty cool. He was the better DRK, so we talked about the job in detail, so much so I can't remember most of it (was when Adoulin came out). He was really helpful in the DRK forums; it's not been the same since.

I remember playing with him back in the 75 era and he is definitely missed.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-02-18 23:55:30  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
They didn't. avesta bangles are a reference to an ancient Zoroastrian text.

Eh, Pretty big coincidence. I don't think they named the item after him, In fact, its named after the texts i'm sure. But I'm still going to go with it being an nod or an Easter Egg if anything else. SE knows Avesta exists, and Avesta is one of the, if not the most popular or well known RDM solo-er of the 75 era. You pretty much just know him by osmosis if you leveled RDM back in the day.

I believe, what I was programmed to believe.

As for the top players, I look forward to seeing your list. I'd nominate Avesta and possibly that Stanislav or whatever dude as they're the only two names in XI I can actually remember who were both good players who contributed a lot to either the enjoyment I had with the game, or the spreading of knowledge... and also were not complete c*nts.

As for Asura Nominees.... shoot, if we have a Memorable names list, "Smokeone" would hit it even if it was in infamy. But I don't know any really famous players outside of Avesta and Stanis. Not off the top of my head.

A lot of infamous ones, not so much famous or positive.

Edit: Byrth, actually... love that mans maff.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-18 23:57:07  
Minidragon was a *** bot-machine, and so was the majority of his LS, NineInchNinjas. Which is why he was banned.

If we're going for favorites, I would say Jwb, Tredvolt, and a few others from the days of yore on Bismarck were much better. Not just gear wise, but as people as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-18 23:59:00  
Also have to mention Byrth as an extremely invaluable resource from a windower technical perspective, and all things FFXI. I am not the most technically inclined person (in fact, I'm pretty much a real life Galka), but he has been a huge support to me in ffxi. He'll probably just jump on this post and call me a galka as per usual, which is fine, but he's very knowledgeable and helpful, and his record speaks for itself. To not mention him and his work would be a travesty.

There are tons of links on wiki and such that take you back to Bluegartr posts where him and several others performed extensive testing on many things (particularly spells and WS). Names fail me at this point, but he's the one that comes to mind, as I had the privilege of being in his LS. You can mention the other valuable WS testers on bluegartr, those guys are the real MVP.

inb4 Fanboy of the year award

tl;dr - not ashamed to say I shed a real life tear writing this up.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-19 00:01:10  

This is where the drama starts to come into play. My DRK smoked him and so did a friend of mines. Wasn't even comparable..

But he was in an "elite" linkshell so that makes him "better"..
Sorry.. Never had room for people like that. My friends and I made a lot of gil selling stuff to those types of people though!
By Bloodrose 2016-02-19 00:01:52  
Christopher Titus: "I shed a tear - a man tear - but still a tear"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-19 00:03:34  
wut is life
By Bloodrose 2016-02-19 00:09:48  
I actually missed the original dark knight thread, which I think was started, or heavily contributed by taint.

I had built a few #getrekt caladbolg sets for torcleaver that put most other dps to shame. Of course I was laughed out by a few people who were dumb as dirt, but the numbers and parses didn't lie. They were barely breaking 1500, I was wrecking ***for 5k+ at 85+, plus tons of ODD aftermath riding for even more damage.

However, that said, I learned from some of the best players on Bismarck, and even competed with them once I got established. Some days I had other top tier drks coming to me for advice, many who I believed to be better than me. Inflated my ego a little, i'll admit. But it was something I always strove to do - be a little bit better than I was.

One of the best healers I can remember was Legendhealerr, Mehi, and on my list of top Blue Mages is Roundelk.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-19 00:17:41  
Altimaomega said: »

This is where the drama starts to come into play. My DRK smoked him and so did a friend of mines. Wasn't even comparable..

Sorry.. Never had room for people like that. My friends and I made a lot of gil selling stuff to those types of people though!

Never went head-to-head with him, we just enjoyed the job and his contributions were really helpful to me. No way could I say he was the best DRK ever, because I wasn't on the same server til the merge.

Best DRK I ever known is Overlordandy (aka Tyrone), but he's strong on any job. Of course it's all subjective because many of the "best players" in FFXI are not well known; or were only known to a small fraction of a server.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-19 00:21:09  

This all depends on what your definition of "best player" is. When I read this title, I didn't immediately think of "the best player at xyz job". You could be a really great DD or mage, but be a complete self-centered jerk and help nobody along the way. Does that make you the best? There are elitist clowns who diss everyone else who isn't as epeen as them and elevate themselves just because of the color of boxes around their gear. And then there's people who have contributed and actually inspired others, or just helped them.

At the end of the day, it comes down to "who have you helped". If that list is small, or you only helped yourself, chances are, you're not regarded highly on anyone's list. So it's not drama if someone else is named before you. Doesn't mean they were better than you, it just means they had a bigger impact on others than you did.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2016-02-19 00:22:40  
Could always add notorious names, like for those on Phoenix and Fairy, good ole Poof.q
By Altimaomega 2016-02-19 00:30:58  
This all depends on what your definition of "best player" is. When I read this title, I didn't immediately think of "the best player at xyz job". You could be a really great DD or mage, but be a complete self-centered jerk and help nobody along the way.

I think this is my point. Simply saying top ffxi players will never work since it is impossible to ever be able to tell and everyone's definition is different.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-19 00:33:35  
I agree. And there's no way of knowing because many of the best players retired years ago and were only known to a small handful of players, most of which may have stopped playing as well. Then there's non-English speaking players who were top quality and not represented here.

I remember having a JP THF called Micchi in my Dynamis LS, and although he could only type basic English, he could still pull Dynamis and use auto-translate when necessary. He was one of the coolest Japanese players I ever played with. Yet, it's a personal perspective and no one here will know how good he was.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-19 00:37:10  
This all depends on what your definition of "best player" is. When I read this title, I didn't immediately think of "the best player at xyz job". You could be a really great DD or mage, but be a complete self-centered jerk and help nobody along the way.

I think this is my point. Simply saying top ffxi players will never work since it is impossible to ever be able to tell and everyone's definition is different.

Its just a discussion with a friendly opinionated vibe. Everyone's list will be different anyways based on who you've interacted with and what your experiences were along the way. One person may be thought of as being great, others might view him as a d*ck.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-19 00:38:22  
But if we're going to talk about JP players, I have to nominate my Cerberus Ballista gurus. Nirvana was one of the best Ballista players in his prime. Once the competition started catching on, though, he fizzled out later on.

Tossy & Shany were all-time ballista greats as well.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-19 01:08:53  
If we're just listing names then here goes.

Overlordandy - Still remains the best player I know, even if he does go overboard and gets himself killed every week in Vagary; much to the amusement of Tidis (see below)

Misart - We were Co-leaders together in my old Dynamis LS, and he was the brains. He was the leader of the BLMs, and the coolest guy under stress. Ordered me around when necessary, otherwise he let me do my thing. Very efficient and consistent, but stopped playing as much after the level cap rise.

Quilly - Most helpful. While it's extreme bias because he is my father, he's kept his social linkshell LagunasWarriors running since 2005, and it's still around. He's helped (perhaps) hundreds of players, probably more than myself. Yes, he's an old man, and is prone to mistakes, but there's no doubt he is known for helping the new blood, so he can be forgiven.

Deadfly - An old Summoner mentor on Hades. The first level 75 I came across, and he was soloing avatar fights before anyone I know of. He soloed them on a regular basis for aspiring summoners. One of the most helpful players I ever knew, although not always easy to get along with.

Conagh - He's probably going to get a kick out of this, but he was very, very helpful to me in the Delve days, and his Samurai was by far the most damaging. A good leader, not as calm and collected as some (and he hated when I interrupted his sc), but still one of the best I played with in the past few years.

Tidis - My VagarySpeaking LS Main tank. We've been running Vagary since the summer and he may have died one or two times through no fault of his own. I know he's around here somewhere, and I'm sure he knows how much I want to get him that non-existent body piece.

Seiya - The mysterious father figure who taught me how to lead a linkshell, how to play the game, and taught others (including Quilly) how to do the same thing. He was like the messiah, and no one had a bad word to say about him. In fact, when he wasn't online everyone would ask me when he was going to be on. He literally did nothing but help the newbies, and he had a fascination with studying RMT activity.

He didn't just teach us about FFXI, he taught us about life (he was very enigmatic). His leaving party made an entire linkshell cry with real tears, and on that day we were forced to grow up, and I had to fill his shoes as the father figure. Only a handful of his children remain in the game.

There's so many names I could put here but the above names had the most impact on my progression and overall enjoyment. My current Vagary LS has some of the most reliable players I've ever known, and is pretty much on par with my old Dyna LS. I've played briefly with some top-notch players, and those from other servers who contributed to the wikis and forums are also way up there. To have a "top 40" isn't really doing FFXI any justice, because there's been hundreds of top players; and many of them will never be recognized or remembered.
[+]
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2016-02-19 02:05:41  
Phagen from quetz!
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-19 02:07:02  
If I were listin names I'd say:

Failaras: he made me understand how bad I am.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-02-19 02:11:13  
I solo'd Waraxe Beak as 75 DRK/NIN in 2005, will that let me make it in the popularity contest?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-19 02:26:59  
Madawc and T a j
[+]
 Odin.Slugster
サーバ: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugster 2016-02-19 02:31:54  
Since Windower was a 3rd party program, don't forget the influential inventor of XiClaim and Clipper.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-19 02:34:44  
Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
They didn't. avesta bangles are a reference to an ancient Zoroastrian text.
I'm sure the history on this is correct.. but.. it directly benifitted all the crap he did on RDM. lol

This. It could have had any sorts of stats, but it just so happens to enhance Enfeebling and macc, his two most prized stats for solo. Then also boosts Elemental for Chainspell nukes, and Dark Magic for his Bio II/III DoT kills.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2016-02-19 02:40:28  
Ironguy/Iarumas for being the most dedicated and outstanding sam I've ever played with.

Kryshna for being the best brd I've ever played with and one of the very few whms I trust to do their job. On top of that, also one of the nicest people I've met in this game.

Demetrios (shellholder of Nirvana on Pandemonium) for being pretty much the best pld I've seen in action.

Moody - badass blm!

Renzy for being good at all the jobs he played - and such a great person.

Dajociont, best war.

There's a LOT of other people that I consider good players too, but these are the ones that stand out to me and that I've actually played with at some point.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 17 18 19