Top 40 FFXI Players Of All Time
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-08-24 10:48:54  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
FFXI requires more preparation than most MMOs, though part of that is due to culture developed by players and not intentional design.
ILY Thorny
 Asura.Karppa
サーバ: Asura
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-26 13:32:52  
Prolly some Ballista legend who knew how to play his/hers job dont' ask who.. there was so many not me XD
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-08-26 14:22:41  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-26 15:51:33  
All the butthearts sry but.. here is how u weighted and measured how to handle urs job..
By Draylo 2024-08-26 16:52:11  
but who was the real monstrosity PVP champ? Maybe it was some unknown on a server far away, that we didn't know about. I did use Odin to 1 shot someone on a HNM status monster, so they didn't think that thru!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-26 17:02:26  
PvP in ffxi was such a dumb concept.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-26 17:20:11  
It was dumb because it conflicted with the game's primary mechanic, which was gear swapping. They also never balanced the content, updated it, or gave out any rewards besides useless chevron KIs and titles. If people could have used their prized gear without a penalty and there were rewards for the effort, people would gladly enter to get whacked on/whack on others. It just wasn't fleshed out to encourage people to do it. Pankration suffered the same fate. The Colisseum could have been such a cool arena if they developed it, but it was another idea that was later abandoned.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-26 17:21:43  
Nah it was fun and it will be, if ppls wanna do it 60 cap go go dunno did u never even try it? most of my fun days was in Ballista gear grinding not so much..but we all have ways to to play this game..I just log sometimes and do kraken club BCNM no drop so far XD..WTF top players of all time FFXI measured by what? there is many inviduals who play this game no need point anyone topic is stupid..and b/e anyone tells my english bad yes I agree no need to read this in this case..Mfers
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-26 17:24:21  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It was dumb because it conflicted with the game's primary mechanic, which was gear swapping. They also never balanced the content, updated it, or gave out any rewards besides useless chevron KIs and titles. If people could have used their prized gear without a penalty and there were rewards for the effort, people would gladly enter to get whacked on/whack on others. It just wasn't fleshed out to encourage people to do it. Pankration suffered the same fate. The Colisseum could have been such a cool arena if they developed it, but it was another idea that was later abandoned.[/quot
[quote="Lakshmi.Buukki" pid=3714007]It was dumb because it conflicted with the game's primary mechanic, which was gear swapping. They also never balanced the content, updated it, or gave out any rewards besides useless chevron KIs and titles. If people could have used their prized gear without a penalty and there were rewards for the effort, people would gladly enter to get whacked on/whack on others. It just wasn't fleshed out to encourage people to do it. Pankration suffered the same fate. The Colisseum could have been such a cool arena if they developed it, but it was another idea that was later abandoned.

Ok but 60 cap was fun idk you but I really enjoyed it..
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-26 17:27:33  
Yes I tried Ballista
It was dumb
If you put a gun to my head and tell me to do 2024 Sortie or 2005 Ballista, I'm doing Sortie, and I havent done Sortie in like 2 months because of how boring and shitty it is.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-26 17:31:38  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Yes I tried Ballista
It was dumb
If you put a gun to my head and tell me to do 2024 Sortie or 2005 Ballista, I'm doing Sortie, and I havent done Sortie in like 2 months because of how boring and shitty it is.

Ok well I like it..but sortie meh..I dont even have empy3 gear..maybe I have lost my inner adventurer soul
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-26 17:33:06  
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2024-08-26 17:54:03  
Peekaroll was the nicest taru ever and so good!
[+]
 Asura.Lotso
user: Bozoffxi
By Asura.Lotso 2024-08-26 18:01:23  
1.Sinus from Remora. Great knowledge of the game by its time, a leader that was able to spot other great players and create the best endgame linkshell in their time. Be it by botting, hacking or exploting the game... still can't deny that they got ***done. Only a few linkshells across all servers were close them.

2. Draylo - One of the great pet job players across all servers ever.
[+]
By Areaden 2024-08-26 18:50:16  
Mumu the first player to get a Maat's Cap and the reason the item was created. He was from Gilgamesh, they did a whole news article about him. First player to get 75 all jobs (Pre WoTG)
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2024-09-10 00:16:48  
Doshu of Fairy server was the very 1st finished relic even beating out the Japanese player base.
By Shichishito 2024-09-10 03:23:01  
I suppose for me anyone who comes up with solo strategies and shares them or anyone who makes group content happen without excessively cherry picking overgeared players only because both enrich my and many others playing experience.

It's a tough choice but if I have to name one it has to be Jponry.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2024-09-10 08:19:23  
maybe server wide or specific
By Tongy 2024-09-11 19:16:33  
Rattt BLM from Phoenix
By Genoxd 2024-09-12 02:02:38  
Quote:
I suppose for me anyone who comes up with solo strategies and shares them

Back in 2003 I solo'd an IT++ crawler in crawler's near on summoner. I ran back and forth in an aggro free area and popped some yagudo drinks. People told me it was impossible. Can I be the best now too?
By Shichishito 2024-09-12 03:01:17  
Genoxd said: »
Can I be the best now too?

*edit*
honestly, BLU solo or GTFO. SMN solos always get nerfed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2024-09-12 03:03:35  
me obviously

Highly influential depending which server you were on. FullEclipse, LifeStream, Cake. We existed. Oh I guess BG started here too.
By Seun 2024-09-12 03:07:20  
Genoxd said: »
Quote:
I suppose for me anyone who comes up with solo strategies and shares them

Back in 2003 I solo'd an IT++ crawler in crawler's near on summoner. I ran back and forth in an aggro free area and popped some yagudo drinks. People told me it was impossible. Can I be the best now too?

Trial-size Trial by [element]

Some of us already had to use this very strategy to obtain the avatars. I never solo'd an IT crawler for the sake of comparison, but those avatar fights were a beast. I don't think you'd win with just a drink. You'd want other meds, au lait, ect

You can still be the best though.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-09-12 08:04:41  
Ugh those were the bane of my existence for a while back in 2003-2004, SMN was my first job and I had to do a few of them several times. IIRC the hardest part was not getting blasted by their Astral Flow ability. I also think there was a window of time where buffs didn't wipe when you entered, so someone with a RDM or WHM could put some buffs up on you to help and you'd enter with them. They fixed that after a while though.

I ultimately gave up on the job, not due to the fights and having to snort Yagudo Drink like crack, but because everyone in exp parties at that point
largely expected SMN to act as a budget WHM.
By Seun 2024-09-12 08:38:38  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
I ultimately gave up on the job, not due to the fights and having to snort Yagudo Drink like crack, but because everyone in exp parties at that point
largely expected SMN to act as a budget WHM.

Avatars were thirsty af and with no reasonable -perp cost gear, SMN was relegated to backup healing.

Initially I was only leveling SMN for these trials, but being a rite of passage type event certainly changed my feelings about the job. Shooting Fish BCNM20 was another low level SMN solo that was challenging, but also rewarding.
[+]
By Yurks 2024-09-13 18:57:52  
Odin only:
(in the 75 era) Dimitri & Letto: The best DRK & PLD combo I've seen in that era (perhaps even in the modern era). Fearless, knowledgeable, innovative & fun to play with.
Tipien: the 75 era NIN tank that was heavily relied on for all types of events.
Yasuken: WAR/NIN - he was our linkshell muscle. I'd never seen any other warriors at that time match his Rampage build.

(modern era) Horridus: top tier DPS. Consistently top 1 or 2 of the scoreboard at any event.
Bajubo is a brickwall of a PLD and is able to hold hate better than any other tanks I play with.
Annaka: a true leader & strategist for our group. Very reliable in terms of just getting ***done.
By buttplug 2024-09-13 19:42:32  
Your mom for keeping you alive in the basement cellar
for the last 25 years...
 Leviathan.Supernads
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2024-09-13 20:30:21  
Buttplug for helping everyone keep their sh*t together.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19