Bahamut.Mhysa
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2024-07-23 17:11:06  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Brhee

You mean Gradius who got Brhee banned, who foolishly gave him her account after he got Gradius banned.

She was worried Id get her ***banned and look what happened. Smh, racist against Canadians.

Oooop…. See, I only met him as Brhee and had no idea he was Gradius haha. Weeeelp
 Asura.Questaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Questaru 2024-07-23 18:57:28  
Kuroganash of Bismarck
 Odin.Murdyburdy
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Murdyburdy 2024-07-23 19:20:22  
Seol - Midgardsormr - 2004-2008
Zealous - Midgardsormr - 2010
Alexous - Quetzalcoatl - 2010
Whyeatyeworyld - Fenrir - 2011-2016

Thank you for adventures and memories.
By bozek 2024-07-23 19:54:56  
Best Ls leaders CBS Asura
Lexouritis Bahamut
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2024-08-23 02:06:15  
For favorites I'd have to go with:

Motenten/Kinematics
Archon
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-23 02:16:46  
Time flies, it was already 30 days since they last necro bumped this one.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-23 02:17:08  
I could swear it was last week!
By gazzerl 2024-08-23 09:47:14  
One of the best players has to be mischief . I like lex alot but skill level he wasn't even on mischief level
By buttplug 2024-08-23 10:00:19  
I like how we all have access to the same gear and what not... Yet someone can be better? I think you guys just have crushes on other players and want to jerk each other off...
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-08-23 12:39:13  
Idk about the top player but that Nickeny guy *** sucks.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-23 13:37:48  
Me and my boy Sirlancelot are both in the top two, and I aint number two.
By gargurty 2024-08-23 13:51:20  
What the hell im not in it?
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2024-08-23 15:51:03  
buttplug said: »
I like how we all have access to the same gear and what not... Yet someone can be better? I think you guys just have crushes on other players and want to jerk each other off...

That could very well be actually, yeah. But there really is a line of distinction between good players and not-so-great players so the good players will sometimes get some fame to them. Good players typically research things, come prepared, plan, follow directions, pay attention, yadda yadda yadda. These should all be standard things but when you deal with a lot of players who do NONE OF THIS its painful.

So if there are players who are really cool shouldnt hurt anyting to throw them a mention imo.

My hat goes to:
Motenten/Kinematics
Archon
Byrth
BG Wiki Admins
FFXIclopedia Admins
FFXI Testers
Avesta (Famous 75-Era Soloes)
Ejin (Awesome Demonstration/Multiboxing Videos)
Ruaumoko (Awesome Guide Videos)
Letmesoloher
A list of very good players spanning Kujata, Valefore and Asura servers that will probably muddy things too much.

Awesome job guys.
[+]
 Asura.Mithrial
user: Jaeden555
By Asura.Mithrial 2024-08-23 19:11:10  
I haven’t seen anyone mention him yet, but I think Funkworkz deserves a spot on anyone’s top 40.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-08-23 19:38:39  

If everyone has the exact same gear options, then the only remaining metric by which to judge players is by skill. I have seen so many well-geared awful players, and very few good undergeared players. Even back in the 75 era, we measured the value of a party member by their skill above their gear (within reason).
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2024-08-23 19:49:24  
This list is rigged. I don't see Ahalee anywhere!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-23 20:25:25  
The war who uses Warcry then Blood Rage.
The DD who is incapable of outranging dangerous TP moves that can be outrun or drop WS's on xp mobs at 5%
DD's incapable of skillchaining
Mages incapable of double bursting
The Stunners who are incapable of stunning key moves (Lahar, Incisive, etc etc)

etc etc

Its a low skill game, but those who are incapable of picking up the low skillset required stick out like a sore thumb.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-08-23 20:46:17  
Jetacku(u) most underrated!
By Pantafernando 2024-08-24 01:48:13  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Its a low skill game

I think people heavily underestimate FFXI, its actually a very complex game, given such diversity of stats, attribute, options to optimize gear, optimize parties, optimize alliances, optimize for specific foes, optimize for specific content, optimize for specific moveset, etc.

But given its age, over 20 years, and being heavily community centered, and all the third party and repository of knowledge it has, its simple becomes common sense, and many hardship are simply trivialized by third parties.

Suppose we had like 1000 players starting anew right now, and they only had to play without sharing knowledge, without use of wikis or third party, after some fixed amount of time we would have only a fraction of those actually clearing the storyline and endgame content, a smaller fraction actually understanding the best use of game mechanics, and even a smaller fraction actually pulling the max out of the game.

In such restricted experiment, probably would make sense picking a "best" out of those 1000 new players, because probably would be the one who achieved the highest in terms of skills, then probably it would reflect in its rewards/gears.

But in reality, the sharing of knowledge, the third party and many QoL changes really reduced the entry barrier, and "capped" the ceiling for many players, so that there isnt a "best" we pick if there are hundreds capped in the ceiling of skill.

But still, maybe a handful of games could be considered more complex than FFXI. And those handful are certainly games that I personally never played, because its certainly the most complex game I personally played.
By Taint 2024-08-24 08:29:47  
FFXI is not "hard" but it requires massive prep work and solid coordination. I think that's why it still fun.

Swapping gear mid cast is also a huge part of the fun. You don't need 8-10 pieces of gear per job to hunt down and farm. You need dozens of pieces to do a job right. Some pieces of equipment are 20 years old and still used. No other game I'm aware of works like that.

My Apoc is visiting college campuses, getting ready to graduate HS in the spring.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-08-24 08:53:47  
Depends by which variables you define the concept of "hard".
That changes your point of view and consequentially wether or not FFXI fits the definition of "hard".

While I consider it highly debateable, I think most of us will agree that FFXI is a Deep and Complex game.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-24 09:15:13  
FFXI is one of the hardest mmorpgs there is, the amount of work you have to do to even do the content, the randomness in encounters, the ability for a monster to just kill you instantly, the knowledge you need from other people figuring out mechanics and writing it down for you.

Most games tell you what to do, they give you the gear you need to clear the content, redoing the content over again is instant and with no punishment.

I played Tera and I did the hardest dungeons, that was skill based difficulty where you have to hit the block button or target a character to land a heal, do mechanics etc. I built newbie groups, learned the mechanics and cleared those dungeons way quicker than anything in XI.

XI is a proper mmorpg, you have to do the progression to earn the right to do the thing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-08-24 09:29:53  
Asura.Sechs said: »
FFXI is a Deep and Complex game
Again, that was a mistake. Without gearswapping(spellcast) FFXI would only be complex thru skillchains.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-08-24 09:44:01  
The fact you can swap gear when engaged (while most MMOs don't allow you to) is one of the defining aspects of FFXI's depth and complexity. One of. Not THE only one.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-24 09:49:46  
If you had to do it manually and not with one button (or automatically) it would be, it isn't.

Nothing complex or difficult about anything in XI. Often complicate it by needing to do it faster, self imposed.

You follow the meta, you cookie cut the set up, you get the gear, you make the hp0, it's formulaic. It's the complete opposite of complex.

(No one cares about master trial dps requirement being impossible, August has too much hp, that's not difficulty, it's a miscalculation)
By Pantafernando 2024-08-24 09:54:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Depends by which variables you define the concept of "hard".

You can pretty much sum up anything as hard regarding the steep of its learning curve.

Math is hard? Well, maybe its not hard for a professional mathemati cian, but even him/her will have immense amount of hours before he/she is confortable with it.

Using ChatGPT is hard? Well, most people can start using it without any previous training.

FFXI is hard? Well, maybe the learning curve reduced with trusts and fast leveling, but it was pretty damn hard back when I started, and noticed leveling wasnt going anywhere soloing Quadav easy prey, taking like 2, 3 minutes more 3 minutes resting. Or when I first tried leading Delve and consistently failing for not knowing the fundamentals of proper buffing, checking people gear, buffs, orders, etc.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-24 10:04:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nothing complex or difficult about anything in XI.

Sometimes you need you actually understand what youre saying.

Most likely you are over a decade playing it. Saying something isnt hard after doing it for over a year only meant you have some brain cells.

Anyone remotely intelligent can have some degree of proficiency by doing the same thing over a time. But that doesnt mean he could get it done in the first week or month.

I never spent more than 2 months before clearing everything in single player games, and that mastering everything available.

And i can assure very few will have any relevant progress in FFXI with the same amount of time.

Damn, multiple times i helped LS members starting brand new, and even doing a lot of handoffs, they took at least a month before they started to join for easy content like Vagary, and obviously being killed by every single AoE, fotmor, etc.

Are they stupid? Could be, but FFXI difficulty have a part on it
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-24 10:17:15  
FFXI has (relative to other MMOs) a slightly higher IQ check.
FFXI has (relative to other MMOs) a much, much lower mechanical skill check.
FFXI requires more preparation than most MMOs, though part of that is due to culture developed by players and not intentional design.

That cover everything?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-08-24 10:20:03  
I couldn't even beat the hard content WHILE cheating to the best of my ability

Y'all got me beat
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-24 10:32:52  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I couldn't even beat the hard content WHILE cheating to the best of my ability

Y'all got me beat

Standard difficulty in human coordination not unique to XI. Getting 6 brains all on the same page, all of the same level of motivation, is hard.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19