user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-02-22 21:01:26  
Everyone I play with on Sylph.
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Arkanethered 2016-02-22 21:19:31  
Taint from Cerb.

Most helpful cross-server drk i've ever encountered.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-02-22 21:55:11  
Hmmmm, top "helpful" players for the community,these people have helped the forums or community in some way either specifically in a specific job or questions that they just happened to be around to help you out with:

Motenten(kinematics) - Monk and various other things(kparser etc)
Rukenshin - Helpful with Sam theories and ideas
Kirschy - Drk
Nightfyre - Jack of trades
Byrth - I want to say dnc, but also jack of trades
Proth - blu, lives in a cave honing his spells
Pergatory - smn
Aanalaty - Drg among other things
Ejin - War
Conagh -whm
Shamaya and Laphine - thf
Sehachan - Cor.....or dragon tamer...

Honorable mentions:
Raenryong
Dasva
Tiger
[+]
By Tylaar 2016-02-22 22:54:29  
It's tough to narrow it down, but for various reasons:

• Sephknight - Incredible leader and great friend, always helping others. Met and married someone from in-game, one of those real life fairytales.

• Oblit - fantastic DD, knew the mechanics of the game and let a parse do the talking. Single-handedly converted me into someone who really enjoys optimising performance. Oblit did some inspiring things, but for me especially early in Abyssea days.

• Amanada - One of those people who seems to spend all of their time helping others, one of Cerberus finest.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Hopefulki
user: hopefulki
By Asura.Hopefulki 2016-02-23 01:08:40  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Kinda sad I didn't see the name anywhere so far, but...

Archain. Don't even remember their server. They were by far the best THF in the original days of FFXI, was always extremely helpful, nice, and settled debates with numbers/SS's. Put up numbers I could only dream of at the time.

Seconding, THF inspiration. He was on Valefor iirc
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-02-23 01:15:56  
Alfylicious
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-02-23 02:56:59  
Montag
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-02-23 03:04:22  
Rambus, truly inspirational black mage
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-02-23 03:26:36  
Phoenix.Leaden said: »
How come nobody hasn't nominated GM's that answer calls every second!?
Because I was too busy banning their *** flee hacking between VWs rater than grinding an Empyrean.

I really admire the GMs who abused the system and managed to stay on top of the community, accomplishement wise. I have no idea how they found the time to do so with the shift pattern.
 Asura.Aaliana
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2016-02-23 03:35:33  
Warpy of Asura

This is a guy who has over countless years, countless times, helped out the struggling new adventurer in their mission or quest, is always happy to give any materials up that would benefit someone else and is an all-round nice guy.

He is a rare find.
 Asura.Akildas
user: akildas
By Asura.Akildas 2016-02-23 03:44:15  
IDK if this has been mentioned but do crafters rate to make this list. For myself, some of the people I've admired or strived to emulate were great crafters like Filipo, Fhrenias, Brennon, Manalol and Glenon.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-23 04:04:17  
Asura.Akildas said: »
IDK if this has been mentioned but do crafters rate to make this list. For myself, some of the people I've admired or strived to emulate were great crafters like Filipo, Fhrenias, Brennon, Manalol and Glenon.
I wouldn't really say so but I suppose it's all personal opinion. The way I see it, all crafting takes is leveling a chosen craft to 110 and getting all possible skill+ gear then the only thing that sets you out against others is how lucky you can get.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-23 04:19:19  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
So what does everyone think when they see all these names they have never ever heard of? I am actually curious.

I have about 10 years on game, and I have never seen so many names I have never heard of in one thread.

I mean everyone knows the greats like Prothescar, Nightfyre, Draylo, Oraen, Bryth, Sehachan, Ctown, etc because they either make guides, videos, large contributions, or stand out on the forums for their activity with the game.

All these best friends ever though? It's sorta like nominating Sammi Kane Kraft for an Oscar.

I so agree with this. I could tell you stories about the WHM the raised me on my first run to Jeuno. I could tell you about the PLD that got my newbie monk okotes, and my newbie paladin Parade Gorget but those stories only matter to me and people who knew them. You're not going to put these people on your list because I can't convey in words just how great of player they are.

I currently play most days with a summoner friend who didn't know me at all, just saw some guy asking for help with RoV final fight. I've seen him do epic things on his smn but that doesn't mean anything to anyone else.

The guide writers, the diehard wiki contributors, the people who made features for the game that the game deserves to have. These are the best players, not some lowman team that held an NM for a few hours so it was more conveniently in your desired window.

The same thing happened across all the server every day for years, with few exceptions. I'd give credit to the people that had the guts to improve the game--aikar, byrth, and so many others--the gumption to improve the community (ffxiclopedia, bg, ffxiah) or the commitment to inform people after lots and lots of research (job guide writers, mechanic guide writers).
[+]
 Sylph.Jrpg
サーバ: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-02-23 05:46:54  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
The guide writers, the diehard wiki contributors, the people who made features for the game that the game deserves to have. These are the best players, not some lowman team that held an NM for a few hours so it was more conveniently in your desired window.

The same thing happened across all the server every day for years, with few exceptions. I'd give credit to the people that had the guts to improve the game--aikar, byrth, and so many others--the gumption to improve the community (ffxiclopedia, bg, ffxiah) or the commitment to inform people after lots and lots of research (job guide writers, mechanic guide writers).

Agreed. My earlier post in this thread was a joke because the above is all who I'd think exclusively belong in a "top FFXI players" list and were more or less already mentioned.

I wouldn't play this game without Windower, so I'd put those who developed and maintain Windower (+ the various plugin/addon authors) on the list. I wouldn't be half the player I am if people had not worked on job guides and answered questions I may have asked regarding gear, or those who discuss and write strategies for NMs so I don't have to go in blind, so those people can go on the list as well. And there needs to be websites for people to post said content in, so those who developed and maintain those websites/communities/wikis deserve credit too. I mean, I don't think I've ever not checked these forums, or the wikis at least a few times each time I play XI. Last but certainly not least, everyone who worked out the math on damage formulas and other mechanics. They are much deserving of any and all the praise that comes their way.

So yeah, that's quite a few people.
[+]
By Shogunazzazzin 2016-02-23 06:57:34  
Valefor: Uesugi BEST SAMURAI! His solos sam/dnc pre 75+ increase was off the chain.
Bismarck: Minidragon, first NA Mats Cap, more relics than the Original Stanislav account holder, at the time they both played.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-23 08:44:11  
Asura.Aaliana said: »
Warpy of Asura

This is a guy who has over countless years, countless times, helped out the struggling new adventurer in their mission or quest, is always happy to give any materials up that would benefit someone else and is an all-round nice guy.

He is a rare find.

Warpy was also a hugely talented and detailed scale model artist.

If you haven't already, check out some of his FFXI videos.

[+]
 Asura.Bratgurl
user: shantoto
By Asura.Bratgurl 2016-02-23 11:27:24  
Epiclobo and Bratgurl

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-23 11:35:34  
Phoenix.Elkcir

Fellow phoenicians will know who she is and why I nominate her. I hope she's still there!
 Asura.Bratgurl
user: shantoto
By Asura.Bratgurl 2016-02-23 11:37:41  
Asura.Bratgurl said: »
Epiclobo and Bratgurl

Sitting in a tree.

F-I-G-H-T-ING :P

First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes tall kids with bad Irish red hair.

Fool lol. How is he, i thought he came back.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-23 12:52:38  
I still feel like there shouldn't be a "top 40", and instead being some kind of "Hall of Fame" with seperate "wings". Like for those amazing solo artists? Give them a solo wing. Wiki and windower contributors? Give them an information and tools wing. The mentor players who made the game enjoyable in the early days? Give them a celebrity wing.

As long as the player has a legitimate reason to be remembered for their contributions, it doesn't matter how they did it, or where they did it, as long as they made an impact on other players in the game. While some will argue bias by players who list their best friends, there's also a lot of bias towards the windower and wiki players. No doubt, they are the obvious choices and deserve to be in there, but those players who want to share stories of FFXI legends shouldn't be looked down upon.

Many stories never get to see the light of day. Even if you never knew the person, if the person telling the story conveys it well, and is able to recreate the same passion that person once had, it will translate, and suddenly that name you didn't know becomes a name you wish you did. Like my Seiya story, he was only known on Hades, and I haven't heard from him since 2008ish, but the story is so detailed, and because I'm willing to share it, his name lives on.

Many players never had a mentor like I had. They don't understand why I tell the story, and they can't understand what he meant to me and my linkshell back in 2005. All I can do is tell his story and hope others learn the same lessons he passed on to me. Again, sorry, but I do write for a living, so when I get started it's difficult to stop.

I could probably write a book on the early days of FFXI just from my experiences with Seiya and my LS the MarleysMessenjas. I could, but I know most people wouldn't care for it, because they weren't there. As much as I would love to go back to those early days, and as much as I would like to recreate that experience, I know it won't happen again in any other game. And it's funny, because I still speak so highly of someone who was, and still is, a stranger to me and everyone he talked to. The mysterious aura has kept his name alive in my mind.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-02-23 12:54:54  
i actually like the idea, but feels like 5 years too late.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19