(Cerb) Seeking Alexandrite.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » (Cerb) Seeking Alexandrite.
(Cerb) Seeking Alexandrite.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-17 12:40:08  
Finding it difficult to find Alexandrite, so if anyone wants to make some gil, I'll buy for 6k each. Trying to make the Liberator scythe, got all the other stages done. Please let me know in-game if you wish to farm Alex. Appreciate any help with this.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 14:04:09  
Having an exceptionally difficult time finding Alexandrite. I have a couple of players farming when they find time, but it's nowhere near enough. I'm about halfway (15k), and I always have gil so if anyone needs some extra pocket money, please let me know so I can buy. I'm having to resort to farming Alex in my own time because there's literally zero Alexandrite out there. Players who don't have access to the big drops in endgame could take advantage of this and make lots of gil just by farming salvage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 14:19:24  
Due to short supply, I have decided I will pay up to 7k per alex. This should be enough incentive. If anyone wants to sell to me for the usual 6k, I would be really grateful.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
Posts: 3187
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-08 14:48:12  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Due to short supply, I have decided I will pay up to 7k per alex. This should be enough incentive. If anyone wants to sell to me for the usual 6k, I would be really grateful.


Kylos, I have 27000 for sale.

We can strike a deal.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 14:50:52  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Due to short supply, I have decided I will pay up to 7k per alex. This should be enough incentive. If anyone wants to sell to me for the usual 6k, I would be really grateful.


Kylos, I have 27000 for sale.

We can strike a deal.

Well I only need 15k. /tell me in-game.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
Posts: 3187
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-08 14:53:24  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Due to short supply, I have decided I will pay up to 7k per alex. This should be enough incentive. If anyone wants to sell to me for the usual 6k, I would be really grateful.


Kylos, I have 27000 for sale.

We can strike a deal.

Well I only need 15k. /tell me in-game.

How about Free? I don't plan to play any longer and I am not chinese, so I'm not affiliated with Gilselling websites.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 14:58:23  
If you want to give me 15ks worth of alex, then you know I'll put the scythe to good use :)
 Cerberus.Conagh
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
Posts: 3187
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-08 15:01:07  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
If you want to give me 15ks worth of alex, then you know I'll put the scythe to good use :)




Sorry Kylos :P

I'm not even Subbed atm haha.

Seriously though, someone sell to Kylos!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 15:10:48  
Yeah i guessed you were fibbing. I wish SE would give us a salvage campaign or something.
By Tanag 2015-12-08 15:23:19  
A Salvage campaign or something would be great. I'm having the same issue on my server, and sellers are starting to realize. I've seen some in bazaars as high as 10k, though usually there is nothing to be found.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 15:28:21  
Tanag said: »
A Salvage campaign or something would be great. I'm having the same issue on my server, and sellers are starting to realize. I've seen some in bazaars as high as 10k, though usually there is nothing to be found.

Yeah .. exact same thing on my server. Apparently I should just jump to another server to buy alex .. /sigh
 Cerberus.Conagh
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
Posts: 3187
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-08 15:49:20  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Tanag said: »
A Salvage campaign or something would be great. I'm having the same issue on my server, and sellers are starting to realize. I've seen some in bazaars as high as 10k, though usually there is nothing to be found.

Yeah .. exact same thing on my server. Apparently I should just jump to another server to buy alex .. /sigh

Asura!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 15:52:23  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Tanag said: »
A Salvage campaign or something would be great. I'm having the same issue on my server, and sellers are starting to realize. I've seen some in bazaars as high as 10k, though usually there is nothing to be found.

Yeah .. exact same thing on my server. Apparently I should just jump to another server to buy alex .. /sigh

Asura!

The thing is, I shouldn't have to leave home to find alex. No one should have to jump server to find alex.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Ganlere
Posts: 112
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-12-08 16:04:16  
Have to decide cost vs time vs gil making, etc. Is it worth your time to do salvage, or is it better to pay more and use your time elsewhere. Goes back to the basics of supply and demand. If no one is selling, price should go up. Since there are many ways to make gil, and generally more gil than a salvage run, price should be higher for the time being. If you do delve, vagary, unity, whatever for gil; you probably either have a set group or multi-box and should know how much you can make there. Let's face it, all those are far more profitable. Avg run is 120 alex across 30000 pieces; I kept track as I farmed all of wife's partly due to similar issues. That's per hour, even it it only takes you 15-30 mins, due to entry time. 10k each would be 1.2m an hour, so/so gil making. Just things to consider. Good luck.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 16:13:22  
Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Have to decide cost vs time vs gil making, etc. Is it worth your time to do salvage, or is it better to pay more and use your time elsewhere. Goes back to the basics of supply and demand. If no one is selling, price should go up. Since there are many ways to make gil, and generally more gil than a salvage run, price should be higher for the time being. If you do delve, vagary, unity, whatever for gil; you probably either have a set group or multi-box and should know how much you can make there. Let's face it, all those are far more profitable. Avg run is 120 alex across 30000 pieces; I kept track as I farmed all of wife's partly due to similar issues. That's per hour, even it it only takes you 15-30 mins, due to entry time. 10k each would be 1.2m an hour, so/so gil making. Just things to consider. Good luck.

Yeah I started farming them myself. I'll just have to spam the repeatable ones when I can to make up for it. Sucks, but I'm halfway and there's no gettin' off this train.
By Tanag 2015-12-09 11:18:13  
Sadly that comparison doesn't work for me. I got the gil and lack the time, but there is just nothing for sale haha.
Maybe I'll luck out and a buyer on my server will finish soon and I can find some. I'm also about half way done. Slow and steady!
 Asura.Krystela
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 334
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-09 12:29:24  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Tanag said: »
A Salvage campaign or something would be great. I'm having the same issue on my server, and sellers are starting to realize. I've seen some in bazaars as high as 10k, though usually there is nothing to be found.

Yeah .. exact same thing on my server. Apparently I should just jump to another server to buy alex .. /sigh

Asura!
Asura isn't much better.I am half way also and struggling to get Alex's, somedays there is tons other days it's completely dry ;_;
 Cerberus.Avalon
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
Posts: 1214
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-12-09 12:46:58  
Conagh, you can't quit. It goes against the very fabric of your being. You must continue your endeavor to strike down level 85 noobs who try to get Reisenjima clears in sparks gear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onvasquez
Posts: 74
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2015-12-10 05:03:35  
Asura.Krystela said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Tanag said: »
A Salvage campaign or something would be great. I'm having the same issue on my server, and sellers are starting to realize. I've seen some in bazaars as high as 10k, though usually there is nothing to be found.

Yeah .. exact same thing on my server. Apparently I should just jump to another server to buy alex .. /sigh

Asura!
Asura isn't much better.I am half way also and struggling to get Alex's, somedays there is tons other days it's completely dry ;_;

Thats because I went to Asura and bought all the Alexandrite last month. About 12k Alex. Had to pay a whopping 6.7k. /sigh. Was hoping to buy for 5.5/ 6k at most but I caved.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
Posts: 3187
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-10 11:43:11  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Conagh, you can't quit. It goes against the very fabric of your being. You must continue your endeavor to strike down level 85 noobs who try to get Reisenjima clears in sparks gear.


I have transcended such Mortal pleasures and have moved onto gaming with a more toxic community.

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!

Now upsetting those trolls is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun.

For those who want to hear Teamspeak3 recordings of noobs screaming at me cos lolyou'reashitplayergitgud. PM me!

A more serious note Kylos.
The Japanese Community will sell you a tonne of Alexandrite's although usually 7500 Gil each, and you gotta go fast! (Yes Sonic reference)
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-10 11:52:21  
Yeah there's still idiots who put Alex in bazaar for 10k despite the fact you can put it on Auction. And then you have 2 stacks on AH which are clearly 700k+ each as well.

And which JPs do you know who would do that? I'm considering it because I ain't budged from 15k in days.
 Asura.Krystela
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 334
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-10 13:35:00  
Cerberus.Onvasquez said: »
Asura.Krystela said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Tanag said: »
A Salvage campaign or something would be great. I'm having the same issue on my server, and sellers are starting to realize. I've seen some in bazaars as high as 10k, though usually there is nothing to be found.

Yeah .. exact same thing on my server. Apparently I should just jump to another server to buy alex .. /sigh

Asura!
Asura isn't much better.I am half way also and struggling to get Alex's, somedays there is tons other days it's completely dry ;_;

Thats because I went to Asura and bought all the Alexandrite last month. About 12k Alex. Had to pay a whopping 6.7k. /sigh. Was hoping to buy for 5.5/ 6k at most but I caved.
Damn you! ;P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-10 13:46:52  
Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Avg run is 120 alex across 30000 pieces; I kept track as I farmed all of wife's partly due to similar issues. That's per hour, even it it only takes you 15-30 mins, due to entry time. 10k each would be 1.2m an hour, so/so gil making. Just things to consider. Good luck.
That's terrible math. Permits restock at midnight every Vana'day. There's nothing stopping you from grabbing a permit, doing something else, coming back later, and blowing through 2-3 runs in a row. You're not actually spending an entire Vana'day on a single run, so even if you don't do that you can still do a single run and then spend the rest of the day doing something else.

If I do three runs of Bhaflau in a row, it takes me just over an hour (~1:08 average) including time running to the entrance for each run. At ~120 alex per run (all triple gears, a few single gears that don't cost any additional time, no cotton mobs), I'm pulling in over 300 alex per hour. Even at 6k/piece it's about 2mil/hour, and if I had 18% movespeed and better nuking gear I could certainly improve on that.
Offline
Posts: 3299
By Clinpachi 2015-12-10 13:55:26  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Avg run is 120 alex across 30000 pieces; I kept track as I farmed all of wife's partly due to similar issues. That's per hour, even it it only takes you 15-30 mins, due to entry time. 10k each would be 1.2m an hour, so/so gil making. Just things to consider. Good luck.
That's terrible math. Permits restock at midnight every Vana'day. There's nothing stopping you from grabbing a permit, doing something else, coming back later, and blowing through 2-3 runs in a row. You're not actually spending an entire Vana'day on a single run, so even if you don't do that you can still do a single run and then spend the rest of the day doing something else.

If I do three runs of Bhaflau in a row, it takes me just over an hour (~1:08 average). At ~120 alex per run (all triple gears, a few single gears that don't cost any additional time, no cotton mobs), I'm pulling in over 300 alex per hour. Even at 6k/piece it's about 2mil/hour, and if I had 18% movespeed and better nuking gear I could certainly improve on that.

This is exactly on the nose how I've blown through the entire alex requirement in a month. It takes some serious spamming dedication but it's paying off in spades. I'll grab a permit and do my mog garden or something for a bit, then spam 3 runs in a row. Then I'll do whatever or go out for food and repeat.

I've been effortlessly getting 800-1,000 in a day and can push 1,500-1,800 if I really push it and stay up slightly later than normal.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Ganlere
Posts: 112
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-12-10 14:48:09  
The math was just basic as the overall amount is set. A character can enter 25-26 times in a real day. Basically, around 3000 possible in a day. Yes, it can be compressed, but unless you're out farming something else for more gil, the lost time should factor in. If 2 hours of real life passed getting 300, still 1m an hour.

Anyway, yes it's all about dedication. I would generally enter 2 characters into 2 instances at the same time. Would do about 2000-2500 a day that way, took about 2 weeks. Hmmm, lot of twos lol.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-11 12:46:21  
I know why I can I never find alex now. It seems the only time any Alex gets sold is during JP primetime, when I'm either asleep or at work, and during EU/NA time literally nobody farms.
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onvasquez
Posts: 74
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2015-12-11 14:14:12  
Check the AH
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-11 15:57:23  
Cerberus.Onvasquez said: »
Check the AH

I've know, I've been checking AH since the update.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3238
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-12 11:10:11  
Alexandrites currently sell for 600k per stack of 99 on AH. I'm willing to pay 650k per stack.
Log in to post.