The Liberal Media Collection.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » The Liberal Media Collection.
The Liberal Media Collection.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-08 18:57:02  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Who cares? Carson is still lying about meeting General Westmoreland and being offered a scholarship/nomination, whichever story he and his staff choose to go with.
You're probably in error on that one too vic.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 18:59:16  
Not at all. Its been proven the General wasn't even in town.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-08 19:15:47  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Dr. Ben Carson August 14, 2015
Quote:
The next question is from Bill. He wanted to know if it was true that I was offered a slot at West Point after high school.

Bill, that is true. I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point. But I knew medicine is what I wanted to do. So I applied to only one school. (it was all the money I had). I applied to Yale and thank God they accepted me. I often wonder what might have happened had they said no.

Versus

November 2015
Quote:
Ben Carson: "Well, what happened is I rose through the ranks very quickly, faster than anyone had ever done to become the city executive officer for the city of Detro I got a lot of attention, got invited to a lot of things, met a lot of people and I was told that because of my accomplishments, they would be able to manage to get me into West Point, and that I wouldn't have to pay anything. And I just kind of quashed it at that moment. I told them that I was very honored, but I was going to be a doctor, and that I wasn't going to take that route and that was kind of the end of that. There was no application process. I never even started down that path. ".

If this is how we now count offers of admission to universities, thousands of students every year turn down admissions to all the military academies or to private universities who encourage applicants.

Like I said before his editors should have vetted this and reporters should have asked this question ages ago. It shows a fundamental lack of understanding how long the process is to get accepted into West Point. Edit: lack of understanding by all involved; Carson, editors, and reporters
 Hades.Altimaomega
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 19:45:45  
Both of your quotes say the same damn thing.

If this is how we now count offers of admission to universities, thousands of students every year turn down admissions to all the military academies or to private universities who encourage applicants.

I was unaware thousands of students every year rise to the top ranks of the ROTC in the time-frame Carson did. Which is what the entire message is about, not the semantics over the term scholarship.

Why are we always playing the reading comprehension/semantics game around here?

You continuing to say it doesn't make it true.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 19:49:53  
The Army records make it true. It pretty much sets it in stone. If they say he wasn't in Detroit on that night, but rather playing tennis in D.C, then that is the truth.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 19:53:45  
The Army records make it true. It pretty much sets it in stone. If they say he wasn't in Detroit on that night, but rather playing tennis in D.C, then that is the truth.

What night? I've seen no date. These things exist that make it possible to play tennis in the morning and be in Detroit by afternoon with enough time to eat lunch and take a nap! Would love to see the information you are getting this from.

Personally, if he is blatantly lying then I hope he hangs himself. Running a hatchet article over semantics is low even for the liberal media.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 19:57:14  
Try reading all the articles? I'm sure you haven't read any. He played tennis in D.C at 6:45 pm, according to the accurate Army records.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 19:58:09  
Try reading all the articles? I'm sure you haven't read any. He played tennis in D.C at 6:45 pm, according to the accurate Army records.

I've read quite a few actually, none have said that. Please post one.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 20:09:22  
They have already been posted either in this thread or the other one. I'll tell you right now I am never going to do your research for you. This is your failed thread where you have yet to post anything related to the topic, don't expect anyone else to. You have also yet to post anything remotely close to backing up Carson's claims, which as I said, change by the day. Notice how they have completely backed off the claim of meeting the General?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-08 20:13:32  

Maybe it was a Skype call, you don't know, you weren't there!
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 20:38:41  
They have already been posted either in this thread or the other one.

Not a complete failure, just caught you in a lie. Nowhere on this site has anyone posted any article about the general playing tennis in D.C.

I'll tell you right now I am never going to do your research for you.

So let me get this straight. I make a claim and I am required to do the research for you to back it up.
You make a claim and I am required to do research to prove it false..... Do you see the problem here?

You obviously have proof of the general being out of town, just paste a link ffs. Do you not know how?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 20:42:50  
I have not lied about anything, I also haven't made any "claims." There are several articles detailing the General's itinerary, pretty sure Kara posted one. If not they are out there. They aren't claims, they are facts. He wasn't there. Thats not a claim.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 20:51:39  
I have not lied about anything, I also haven't made any "claims." There are several articles detailing the General's itinerary, pretty sure Kara posted one. If not they are out there. They aren't claims, they are facts. He wasn't there. Thats not a claim.

Claim 1
They have already been posted either in this thread or the other one.
Lie

Claim 2
pretty sure Kara posted one.
Nope. Lie

Claim 3
He played tennis in D.C at 6:45 pm, according to the accurate Army records.
Yet to be proven, given track record most likely another lie.

Claim 4
I have not lied about anything, I also haven't made any "claims."
2 lies in one sentence!

This is just from the past few of your posts on this page!
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-08 20:54:41  
Hades.Altimaomega said: »
Both of your quotes say the same damn thing.

I was unaware thousands of students every year rise to the top ranks of the ROTC in the time-frame Carson did. Which is what the entire message is about, not the semantics over the term scholarship.

Why are we always playing the reading comprehension/semantics game around here?

They are not the same thing at all.

He told one man he turned down an offered slot from West Point.

He then said that people told him they could "manage to get him in because of his accomplishments".

Being offered a place at West Point comes from a represenative from West Point. Not JROTC instructors or special guests or random generals. It is a long process where you can still be denied a place after you secure a congressional nomination and pass the academic and physical fitness test.

Yes, thousands of kids in JROTC programs (and college ROTC programs) across the US get invited to events, get recruited for academies, or ROTC scholorships, or enlistment positions.

Off the top of my head I remember three events I was invited to while in JROTC and I was not in the top three posistions of my cadet class:
1. I represented my unit at a Kitty Hawk Honor Society event at Embry Riddle (around 100 cadets present, lasted 3 days)
2. I represented my unit at a leadership event sponsored by the American Legion (a few hundred students attended, lasted 4 days)
3. I participated in a "bootcamp" at McDill Air Force base (250~ students, lasted a week)

At every single one I had individual recruitment conversations varying from scholarship promises to enlistment guarantees. This wasn't special treatment, everyone was actively recruited in different ways.

Other students in my class and other classes were invited to different events

That doesn't include the recruiters, former students, academy personnel, distinguished guests (generals, admirals, special forces, etc) who were invited to speak every month in my class. Nor does it include the color guard or drill team events that students attend.

JROTC classes are heavily recruited and exposed to many members of the active and retired armed forces. If a student is interested their military network can become very large.

Did he rise through the JROTC ranks quickly? Sure.
Do other students take very similiar paths in other JROTC classes? Yes, yes they do.

A few things about JROTC ranking:
1) there are clearly defined criteria for 'ranking up' in the lower levels
2) it is very goal oriented
3) focus, determination, and the willingness to devote time to JROTC extracurricular activities is highly encouraged and results in faster ranks

So, yes, there are always 'those kids' in each JROTC class (and college ROTC) that proceed up the ranking ladder quickly.

What Carson ended up choosing was not to pursue the military option. That is no different than what thousands of other students across the country every year choose not to do.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-08 20:56:09  
Seriously Vic?

The link

That took me all of two minutes to find, don't be lazy. At any rate, according to the article the general was in Detroit in February, but not at the Memorial Day parade as claimed in the autobiography. It could have been an outright lie, or Carson could have simply mixed up the occasions.

I didn't think I'd see liberal witch hunts for lying Republicans after all the pathological lying that Hillary has done, but I guess denial is bliss.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-08 21:01:58  
Has anyone called him a liar?

I think most people (myself included) have said he probably misunderstood
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-08 21:04:11  
He got caught at the very least being factually incorrect (and at worse intentionally lying to pump up his credibility). That is not a witch hunt. Any *** with the internet can dig into public records and fact check. Besides, this is fairly tame compared to some of the other things Ben "Prison turns you gay" Carson has said so using this as "evidence" of liberal media bias is weak.

Where's this other evidence? So far this collection is piddly. How are we gonna finally blow the lid off dis ***?
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 21:05:32  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Seriously Vic?

The link

That took me all of two minutes to find, don't be lazy. At any rate, according to the article the general was in Detroit in February, but not at the Memorial Day parade as claimed in the autobiography. It could have been an outright lie, or Carson could have simply mixed up the occasions.

I didn't think I'd see liberal witch hunts for lying Republicans after all the pathological lying that Hillary has done, but I guess denial is bliss.

If only Democrats were held accountable for all the lies they have told since they have been alive maybe we would have a decent government.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-08 21:06:29  

It depends on which site is reporting the news. Some have called him a liar and stuck with it, others called him that at first but then redacted. Lies make better news than misunderstandings.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-08 21:22:09  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

It depends on which site is reporting the news. Some have called him a liar and stuck with it, others called him that at first but then redacted. Lies make better news than misunderstandings.
Ah. I thought you were referring to people on this site, not reports in general.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-08 21:33:25  
Honestly, the whole thing would have died here in P&R if you hadn't made this thread.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-08 21:37:57  
Jassik said: »
Honestly, the whole thing would have died here in P&R if you hadn't made this thread.
THANK YOU

Because he was banned from that thread and he just HAD to get his anti-leftist agenda to the politically influential forum for an RPG, we have this abomination.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 21:38:45  

I've said repeatedly he is probably guilty of stretching the story to sell more books, but the fact that he keeps changing the story and doubling down on his attacks on the accurate reporting while trying to claim its all working to his benefit makes him look like a liar, I believe his words are "pathological liar."
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 21:39:36  
Ah. I thought you were referring to people on this site, not reports in general.

Not to speak for Rav.. but..
Who cares? Carson is still lying about meeting General Westmoreland and being offered a scholarship/nomination, whichever story he and his staff choose to go with.
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
"who cares he lied"

Sucks I am topic banned from that, I'd rather post in random P&R like everyone else but Rooks said I couldn't.
I am breaking zero rules starting a topic about current events.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-08 21:42:09  
Sucks I am topic banned from that, I'd rather post in random P&R like everyone else but Rooks said I couldn't.
I am breaking zero rules starting a topic about current events.

You misunderstand, I'm not talking about the random thread, I'm talking about the sub-forum. My point was, you keep saying that nobody will let it go, but nobody would have continued talking about it if you hadn't made this thread.

I haven't seen much on the news about it besides the statements his campaign has made. Granted, I don't watch the political commentators on either side, but at least in the hard news realm, it's not being carried on the way you portray.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 21:42:23  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
THANK YOU

Because he was banned from that thread and he just HAD to get his anti-leftist agenda to the politically influential forum for an RPG, we have this abomination.

I see you're bored as well. Why else post this? Unless you feel the need to point out anti-leftist agenda w/e you see it in this politically influential forum for an RPG.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-08 21:43:19  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
THANK YOU

I see your bored as well. Why else post this? Unless you feel the need to point out anti-leftist agenda w/e you see it in this politically influential forum for an RPG.
Nice red herring. I'd give it 12 points.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 21:46:30  
You misunderstand, I'm not talking about the random thread, I'm talking about the sub-forum. My point was, you keep saying that nobody will let it go, but nobody would have continued talking about it if you hadn't made this thread.

I must have misunderstood because i never said that, my bad.

I haven't seen much on the news about it besides the statements his campaign has made. Granted, I don't watch the political commentators on either side, but at least in the hard news realm, it's not being carried on the way you portray.

It's not only about Carson, that is just what everyone seems to want to talk about. CNBC debate was mentioned and Nausi brought up a few things. It is a Liberal Media Collection!
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-08 21:48:02  
The only example of "liberal media" you've come up with is Carson and your claims that the media is biased and crucifying him or whatever. If you have more examples, do share. The persecution of Carson has been pretty well dismissed at this point.