Scythes - What Does SE Need To Do?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Scythes - What does SE need to do?
Scythes - What does SE need to do?
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-28 13:31:32  
Idk any more OP drks any longer. The best ones NA either quit or banned and ain't used DRK really since VW rags. All I know is what the spreadsheets tell me and it shows DRK liberator > SAM koga by a good amount. I don't always buy into spreadsheet info but w/ this it's the only credible source I have. OP drks do not exist on my server cept one JP dude that I've never done anything w/.

If nobody here possesses a Mythic DRK and spreadsheets show it as not only the best wpn for DRK but also > Koga SAM. I think we need more Liberators less Apocs or no?
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-28 14:05:05  
I'd be curious to know how much absorb int gives with best gear and Liberator. If it's a lot it could really have Entropy pull ahead.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-28 14:58:42  
Think the reports were anywhere in between 40~60. Idr exact number but I recall I had +20 STR added to spread and that's all it took for emp WS to beat Koga but Idk drk tho so heh. Quietus was showing as the best Scythe WS. Insurgency was 2nd best but extremely close. Rest I couldn't get to equal thier WSD.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 07:55:24  
The last time I saw a career DRK (with Liberator) parse with a Koga SAM was in Incursion about a year ago. They were about even (with the SAM pulling ahead sometimes), despite the buffs being catered more in the SAM's favour, and the leader (SAM) probably got buffs/erases before the DRK. Most of the DRKs damage was from the melee and WS numbers more than skillchains .. while the SAM was ahead due to skillchains.

I ain't told anyone who knows me .. but I am working on Liberator. I don't use spreadsheets, but if someone wants to tell me how they work, I can play around with it when I get it. Might be a little while though, it's my first Mythic and I have tokens/ichor/alex to farm.
By geigei 2015-08-29 08:32:09  
By the time drk activates am3 sam will allready have 100k+ damage, dunno what spreasheet you've been using but looks broken.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 08:53:15  
Spreadsheets are never truly representative. I wish people wouldn't take numbers in a spreadsheet as fact, the spreadsheets don't take the many variables of battle into play.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 09:44:06  
drk is pretty much the beast master of lv75 cap, avoid like the plague
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 09:47:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
drk is pretty much the beast master of lv75 cap, avoid like the plague

What an amazing joke, considering I knew many Beastmasters who loved the game because they could solo (or team up) for EXP while everyone else waited on a party. Not to mention the Beastmaster linkshells. Oh ho ho .. it's funny because it's not true!

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 09:56:02  
Not to mention the Beastmasters at relevant content..

...oh wait, that never happened. Today's Dark Knight is in a similar situation, offers nothing substantial, and the only instances of it being used are because of people being stubborn and refusing to use good jobs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 09:59:25  
Yeah, like I never took a Beastmaster along to Dynamis, or Limbus, or anything else at 75 cap, such a bad comparison. DRKs are used to being treat like the plague, it's been the case since the beginning of time.

You ain't played the game in 3 years, so your comments are negligible.

Also you wouldn't know this, but I was asked to come DRK for an Escha NM event last week, and I did 66% of the damage on one of the NM and the party was thankful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 10:04:39  
Oh wait, you're the guy who used Scythe Dark Knight at relevant endgame during 75cap, and said that Spinning Slash was bad.

Suddenly, this all makes sense. Especially that part about bringing Beastmaster to Dynamis.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 10:05:51  
Oh wait, you're the guy who used Scythe Dark Knight at relevant endgame during 75cap, and that Spinning Slash was bad.

Suddenly, this all makes sense. Especially that part about bringing Beastmaster to Dynamis.

You don't know me, and you are here to derail threads like you do all other threads. You don't care for DRK, so why post here? The answer is, you like the attention.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 10:08:03  
But I do care about Dark Knight...
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 10:08:55  
You don't. You are here to troll, nothing more, nothing less.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-08-29 10:11:38  
Oh wait, you're the guy who used Scythe Dark Knight at relevant endgame during 75cap, and said that Spinning Slash was bad.

ItemSet 335286

"Morrigan's Cuffs over Zenith Mitts +1 for added set bonus, and added Magic Accuracy." Your set also contains a Dorje. 7+ years later and you still can't gear ***properly for all the ***you talk.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 10:23:18  
Btw, in case anyone takes Kenrusai's words out of context, a long time ago I was a DRK who simply helped others. I was not in an endgame linkshell, and when I did eventually join up to do Dynamis with an EST LS, I often switched between Scythe and GS for the fun of it.

I didn't know how weaponskills worked, all I knew was the modifier, so as Spinning Slash is a one hit WS, seeing it miss (which it didn't all the time, but it would) gave me the perception it wasn't as good as Guillotine; although when it hit it was pretty sweet. I know how weaponskills work nowadays, but I didn't back then, I was more interested in helping new players get into the game than knowing the mathematics.

I leveled DRK to use a Scythe, so for years I always thought Scythe was the most damaging, as I used DRK/THF with SATA + LR + Souleater for damage and hate control in EXP partys. I saw some DRKs (the endgame ones) using GS, and some told me GS was stronger, but I was a stubborn young DRK holding my Death Scythe tight. I didn't want to be a GS DRK, I wanted to be a Scythe DRK, and no one ever kicked me from a party for not doing my job back in 2005, it was the opposite, they were impressed and wanted to invite me back. So my comments from the other thread were taken out of context.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 10:31:17  
Ohhh, hi! That should have been changed almost the day it was added, when I learned it wasn't better for Red Mage tier III's, but eh, correcting and adjusting the sets on this site for an irrelevant era wasn't very appealing.

Anyway, calling me out on using a staff that deals insignificantly less than a HQ staff on fodder enemies isn't very appropriate for "all the **** I talk".
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-08-29 10:36:15  
Ohhh, hi! That should have been changed almost the day it was added, when I learned it wasn't better for Red Mage tier III's, but eh, correcting and adjusting the sets on this site for an irrelevant era wasn't very appealing.

Anyway, calling me out on using a staff that deals insignificantly less than a HQ staff on fodder enemies isn't very appropriate for "all the **** I talk".

For one, you use 4/5 Morrigan's "for the set bonus." A set bonus that requires 5/5 to work. You also have a Dorje in your nuke set. You are the definition of gimp. You have better gear and all the knowledge available, from over 7 years ago, and you still make stupid choices. You're also full of ***and likely didn't do half the ***at 75 you claimed to have. You do talk a lot of ***. You put down people constantly for doing less insignificant ***than using a Dorje vs an HQ staff.

Frankly, you're annoying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 10:48:51  
Hehe, interesting.

Quite frankly, I went mostly on what I knew back then, I was so sure that it didn't require all five pieces to receive set bonus I didn't bother checking. Hey, if I'm wrong though, I'm wrong.

I already commented on the staff, so, there's that.

As for doing things in the 75 era that I claimed to do, I'm not even going to argue with you here. I mean, it doesn't really matter what I say, you clearly aren't going to believe it, and, well, I don't have any proof, really, like videos or anything to that effect. I wouldn't believe you, either.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-08-29 11:08:07  
So you hate on him for not knowing something ~10 years ago, but knows better now, yet you didn't know something ~7 years ago and still don't know now. And wouldn't if I hadn't made a point about it. You obviously didn't own a single piece of Salvage gear if you believed you got partial set bonus. If your claims and knowledge of how ***worked, I'd probably believe some of the crap you say.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-08-29 11:15:39  

...oh wait, that never happened. Today's Dark Knight is in a similar situation, offers nothing substantial, and the only instances of it being used are because of people being stubborn and refusing to use good jobs.

Or because they can in fact clear current content with DRK as DD regardless of it's position atm.

I think I remember a particular DRK(who you know) chaining for the bursts with a THF on Plouton. Squishy THF and DRK chaining a mob most people don't even risk putting any DDs in the fray off because death = depop. I think I remember the particular DRK playing DRK for a lot of current things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 11:19:24  
What he didn't know is quite a deal more significant, and in a semi-recent thread, he was still under the impression Scythe was better at endgame, I believe.

I'm wrong about a staff, that I never had in the day, and didn't even use when I did, like I already said. In addition, being wrong about the set bonus on morrigans, which you are right for the most part, I owned only a single piece of morrigans, and it was quite late in the games life, although still 75 cap. I was under the impression you received a partial set bonus after two pieces, but maybe I got mixed up with neo-salvage gears.

Anyway, being wrong about these things, isn't going to stop me from pulling off the things I claimed to have done.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 11:20:18  
Nyruul said: »

Or because they can in fact clear current content with DRK as DD regardless of it's position atm.

I think I remember a particular DRK(who you know) chaining for the bursts with a THF on Plouton. Squishy THF and DRK chaining a mob most people don't even risk putting any DDs in the fray off because death = depop. I think I remember the particular DRK playing DRK for a lot of current things.

Oh man, wish I could do that, sounds like a lot of fun. I am the leader of a Vagary LS so .. hmm. :)
By Nyruul 2015-08-29 11:23:38  
Edit: Misunderstanding
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 11:23:41  
What he didn't know is quite a deal more significant, and in a semi-recent thread, he was still under the impression Scythe was better at endgame, I believe.

I'm wrong about a staff, that I never had in the day, and didn't even use when I did, like I already said. In addition, being wrong about the set bonus on morrigans, which you are right for the most part, I owned only a single piece of morrigans, and it was quite late in the games life, although still 75 cap. I was under the impression you received a partial set bonus after two pieces, but maybe I got mixed up with neo-salvage gears.

Anyway, being wrong about these things, isn't going to stop me from pulling off the things I claimed to have done.

Nope. Wrong. My words were taken out of context. I was tired, and didn't explain myself like I should have, and my words were twisted. Then people started to upvote the person who took my words out of context, so I left, because I was tired and wasn't about to explain myself again. I tried to explain what I meant, but no one was willing to read and understand my original point, all they wanted to do was to nitpick my words, and then nitpick my responses.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 11:24:27  
And yeah. Kenrusai is a troll. End of story. Assuming and judging others is the worst thing anyone can do.
By Nyruul 2015-08-29 11:25:38  
Lol ok, ftfy

I'm surprised people are still slaving at Vagary as their main goal in linkshells.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-29 11:26:38  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Nyruul said: »
And yeah, the irony is strong in this one. Trolls people for not knowing their stuff, then refuses to argue when others call him out on his mistakes.

Excuse me? Who exactly did I troll? Whos calling me out on my mistakes? Also all that did was defend your stance on DRK.

Congrats on your Vagary LS slave spamming Plouton/Perfidien, it's pretty easy now that it's all figured out.

Damn you .. I was talking about Kenrusai obviously. I deleted it because I didn't want to feed the troll anymore.

Remember when you said my posts were negligible, like, ages ago?

Amusing.

I'm not refusing to argue anything that isn't a waste of time. Without proof, there is absolutely zero point is arguing who did what.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-29 11:27:43  
Don't worry, they will soon be non-existent.
By Nyruul 2015-08-29 11:30:43  
And yeah. Kenrusai is a troll. End of story. Assuming and judging others is the worst thing anyone can do.

Yeah but he's not very good at it which is why avoids certain people with his antics.