A Interesting Read.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » A interesting read.
A interesting read.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-30 04:46:24  
I found this interesting article of a guy's 1 month adventure with FFXI. While theres quite a bit of negative things there are some funny bits and I overall enjoyed it. Felt others might enjoy reading it too so well.

http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=ff11
odd site name but yes it's SFW.

--
Also don't you hate it when you fall asleep early and you wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep, and magically end up reading/posting on a forum you frequent while watching random youtube videos at 5:40am est >:(
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-30 05:04:21  
That actually is a pretty interesting write-up and I'll be perusing it for awhile tonight/this morning. Yes I do hate it when "that" happens because "that" is happening right now as well. Except it's 6. lol Anyway, before I read I'll just say I hope he had a terrible time! Not picking an elf is *** ridiculous I tell you.

Thanks for the link.
 Hades.Rictor
サーバ: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-08-30 09:15:24  
This was pretty fun to read, especially the amount of days this guy spent fighting death bunnies. It was interesting that despite having no clue what he was doing in the game, he still managed to find add-on apps for it.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-30 09:34:10  
This guy sounds like such a fail. Very interesting read. ^^
 Sylph.Lalo
サーバ: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-08-30 09:47:21  
Lol, to write a blog entry as long as that to conclude that he quit because he never got anywhere in the game. Getting to mission 5 and the airship pass and chocobo license is like not even touching the tip of the iceberg of FFXI.

Glad he quit, we don't want anymore whiners than what we already have.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-30 10:40:32  
Lalo said:

[+]
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-08-30 10:47:16  
Korpg said:
Lalo said:

thanks Korpg for quoting Lalo, i didn't quite get it when i read his post, but now it makes complete sense.

blog guy said:
People who play Humes are jerks.

i am a hume and i am inclined to agree

blog guy said:
I've got better things to do.

Next: Oh look, it's another goddamned Final Fantasy game

hahahaha aha
ahaaaaaaaaahahahah
ha oh wow hahaha
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-30 11:10:52  
its called emphasis. I would have added my own opinion, but it would be exactally like Lalo's opinion, so I just quoted my point.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-30 11:34:01  
That was by far the most amazing review this far. It's people like that that blizzard had in mind when making world of warcraft.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Lalo
サーバ: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-08-30 11:40:38  
Bartimaeus said:

That being said, if you expect something to be a chore, expect it to be a chore.

Exactly, "I have to work for my exp? and it takes effort to kill stuff? what!? I hate this game i don't like working for stuff!"
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-30 11:47:50  
Yeah its called an MMO for a reason... specifically the word Massive.

It's a game not meant to be beaten or fully completed in under a month... hell even under a year. The negativity going in defiantly didn't help.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-30 13:00:02  
My favorite part of the blog was the cutscene bit.

"Rochefogne: King Ranperre... It is I, Rochefogne. Does Your Majesty not remember me?
Zigkirby: wtf whats pat doing
Governator: think hes getting the cutscene
Rochefogne: Often in youth did I hear stories of Your Majesty's glorious reign. I longed to grow into a man like the great Dragon King, Ranperre.
Governator: you got the cutscene pat?
Schoolgirlforu: meow
Rochefogne: Try though I did, I have failed. I have lost everything, even the most sacred of possessions.
Schoolgirlforu: =^-^=
Rochefogne: I...
Zigkirby: *** spawn camping japanese
Rochefogne: Your Majesty, please tell me. Whence has the sword disappeared? Did you dismiss it?
Bernkatsel: [Scroll of Teleport-Holla] [Can I have it?] 2k"

I *** HATE THAT! IT ruined the ending of TOAU for me :(
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-30 14:09:04  
i remember the beginning.. it was a pain.. but people manage. obviously ff has ome kinda ack cause ive been ere 6 yrs and i can think of alot of friends who have been too
 Ramuh.Rocklobsta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Splooge
By Ramuh.Rocklobsta 2009-08-30 14:38:26  
"If any Final Fantasy XI regulars reading this are consistently able to recruit mission allies without any difficulty, please tell me your secret."

Make friends.
[+]
 Garuda.Ishkur
サーバ: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-30 15:06:34  
Rocklobsta said:
"If any Final Fantasy XI regulars reading this are consistently able to recruit mission allies without any difficulty, please tell me your secret."

Make friends.

Yeah his problems is that he got into the FF train too late...
When I started the game, being a newb was fun... cuz we were all newbs lol
With the PS2 release also being a newb was fun, cuz there were a lot of newbs
But now? this game must SUCK for someone that doesn't now many ppl or doesn't have high lvl jobs.
It's doable and easy if you know the game but that guy going rdm/war well yeah everything must be hard for him :P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-30 15:27:30  
i help n00bs. it makes me feel better
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-30 15:47:10  
maybe when I have Insomnia I'll read it.
 Caitsith.Ryder
サーバ: Caitsith
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2009-08-30 16:34:37  
I have been playing this game since it came out in NA, and this guy is about 99.9% correct.

Favorite part

"So it beat you?" he said.

"Uh, I really wouldn't say that. I mean, it's --"

"It beat you. Admit it."

"Yes. Fine. I'll admit it. Final Fantasy XI beat me."

I guess that is why I keep playing, I wanna beat it!
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-08-30 17:42:19  
Bartimaeus said:
As with anything, having the wrong attitude going INTO something will skew every opinion about it you try to make.

That being said, if you expect something to be a chore, expect it to be a chore.

I agree 100% w/ Bart here.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-08-30 17:57:29  
This guy couldn't follow the plot of the early missions. I wouldn't say his opinion is relevant.
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-30 19:03:06  
Savannah said:
Bartimaeus said:
As with anything, having the wrong attitude going INTO something will skew every opinion about it you try to make.

I don't agree with Bart. Almost every single person I know went into FFXI not actually expecting anything. For a lot of people an MMO was a brand new experience, especially one of this size. Some people just don't like certain types of games, it's like asking a fighting game fan (Street Fighter) to play a sports game (Madden) when they know nothing about the game. The person will either find that they do like the genre or they won't.

A lot of you are picking apart everything the guy has said when he simply didn't enjoy what FFXI offered him with a lot of aspects of the game. As so many people on these forums have said before, if you don't like it don't play and what do you know, that's what the guy did.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-30 19:09:13  
i guess everyones different. i love blizzard but ill be damned to play wow
 Caitsith.Ryder
サーバ: Caitsith
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2009-08-30 19:09:37  
Karusan said:
Savannah said:
Bartimaeus said:

I don't agree with Bart. Almost every single person I know went into FFXI not actually expecting anything. For a lot of people an MMO was a brand new experience, especially one of this size. Some people just don't like certain types of games, it's like asking a fighting game fan (Street Fighter) to play a sports game (Madden) when they know nothing about the game. The person will either find that they do like the genre or they won't.

A lot of you are picking apart everything the guy has said when he simply didn't enjoy what FFXI offered him with a lot of aspects of the game. As so many people on these forums have said before, if you don't like it don't play and what do you know, that's what the guy did.

YEP, that's what I what from it. I liked the way he explain his experience with great detail too.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-30 19:24:33  
Well said, Karusan. It's actually kind of ironic anyone would even contest some of the stuff he says instead of agreeing with it considering I'm sure we all hate many aspects of this game. lol The friends and the community are probably what I'd credit for keeping me playing for so long, honestly.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-08-31 02:58:06  
Do not feel we are alone on this.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/understanding-the-world-of-warcraft-using-super-mario-brothers/

it made me LOL and really made me understand a bit more WoW

Understanding World of Warcraft said:
WoW is like Girls Gone Wild without the ***: idiots and douches taking turns doing anything to get noticed, and no one knows what a condom looks like.
 Titan.Chster
サーバ: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-08-31 03:07:09  
in the "Everyone Else" section he mentions:

"the strange Tarutaru with the jack o' lantern hat who's logged in and sitting in the exact same spot in Southern San d'Oria 24/7,"

i noticed this on my server, Titan, does anyone else have this or was he possibly on titan? xD

that taru's name is Cut on Titan, been sitting there since 2004