users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 216 217 218
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-07-11 12:55:45  
Bloodrose said: »
Society has always been about the needs of the many outweighing the desires of the few.

Being a tyrannical monster, or a conservative boogeyman (aka a female democratic presidential contender) doesn't change the truth in those words.

Oddly enough, that *used* to be the conservative stance - And one I think they should really embrace once more if they plan to win an election - and they can still keep a conservative spin on it.

The problem with that line is that it can be used to justify any action. It's one of those concepts that looks good in theory, but in practice it always turns into a tyranny because humans are imperfect. The would-be-tyrant will always use that excuse to justify actions that serve to only empower themselves as they believe that empowering themselves serves society.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-11 13:17:29  
Actually, it can't be used to justify any action - it's been challenged before the courts several times to prove it doesn't work that way, otherwise the initial incarnation of the ACA would have gone through unchecked.

Yet, the initial ACA didn't meet legal constitutional criteria to be passed in it's original draft.

Society has, and should always be about the needs of the many over the desires of the few.

Once you flip it around to the desires of the few (who are wealthy and in charge/special interest groups) outweighing the needs of the many, then you would have a tyrant.

Humans are imperfect, nor do they need any excuse to empower, or to seize power from others and wield it over other people. That is something that happens from making a conscious decision to *** other people over for no other reason than to see them suffer.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-11 13:22:59  
The problem is that catering to the "needs of the many" is not very cut and dry, which is why you have so much legislation that attempts to do that but only ends up making things worse. Of course, this always ends up being an opportune moment to slander anyone who opposes such legislation, because clearly they don't care about the common man.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-11 13:28:05  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The problem is that catering to the "needs of the many" is not very cut and dry, which is why you have so much legislation that attempts to do that but only ends up making things worse. Of course, this always ends up being an opportune moment to slander anyone who opposes such legislation, because clearly they don't care about the common man.
That's the reason why there are checks and balances regarding "the needs of the many" and the "desires of the few". At least on American and Canadian soil that I can speak of definitively.

I will concede to the second point, but I think Saevel mentioned that with "humans are imperfect", to which I will also agree to.

Modern Day Politics is more about what kind of mud you can sling at your opponent than what the platform one is standing on... which I think we can all agree is rather disgusting. Particularly with career politicians and political families with their dynasties - The Clintons, Bushes, etc.

Regardless of what my views are for Obama, I certainly hope he and his family learn not to make it a family tradition to run for presidency, and that his kids can learn and develop hobbies, interests, and skills outside of politics.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-11 13:46:24  
Political dynasties are part a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The "people" have a low impression of those in power and so we actively discourage kids from getting involved in politics which deprives government from people with the capability/skills to effectively hold posts. Political families simply occupy the vacant seats by means of demand.

(The money, connections and experience do help however.)

Unlimited term limits and voter apathy only play to this problem.

If you aren't voting or simply voting party line, are you surprised if quality drops off?
Yelling about broken government is well and good but what have you done to fix government?
Are you holding politicians accountable when they dodge/lie/obscure facts during their terms?
Why are so many local politicians elected to 30+ years of service by constituents?

I mean we can give up on government or accept the reality that eventually the democracy will be in name only, stocked by yes men working for ABC incorporated but it's one thing to say you *love* democracy but it's another thing to actually *participate*.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-11 15:11:01  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

this post needs more +'s actual quotes same meaning.

When Hitter and Hilary say it, they deem to know what's in the best interest of society. In a society of 310 million people. It is impossible for 1 or even 1000 people to effectively determine what's in the best interest of the rest of the people.

Spock says it in the utopia Vulcan sense (which is fictional). We are not Vulcan, and this isn't Star Trek (and will never be).
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-07-11 15:53:13  

If you aren't voting or simply voting party line, are you surprised if quality drops off?

I'm both not surprised and surprised by two things. One reason is that there is such a lack of voter participation it is clearly a sign of no faith in the current representation. Yes these false representatives did get elected legally. But are they upholding there offices to represent there constituents thats a clear no. Secondly blindly voting a political hierarchy over and over and seeing the same results that you still do not like is insanity.

Yelling about broken government is well and good but what have you done to fix government?

I personally speak out against our broken representation and not only online here, but also when i travel and talk to people. From what i have learned when asking if people approve of the way both parties handle our nation i am greeted with " i do not like what either is doing". And that my friends are words from potential voters for true change for a better america. Also i'm planning on participating in the process of fixing our broken government. I'm also co-authoring a Declaration of Freedom from Political Parties document that is akin to Declaration of Independence.

Are you holding politicians accountable when they dodge/lie/obscure facts during their terms?

Absolutely i will hold current serving and former politicians accountable. Though "legally" they make corrupt laws that violate our Constitution. That does not mean they are above the Constitution. We live under treasonous representation.

Why are so many local politicians elected to 30+ years of service by constituents?

Even during low voter participation votes towards those who are serving 30 years or more still count. That does not mean everyone's happy with the person serving 30+. They may have either gave up on voting on the idea that nothing will change ,or perhaps they are waiting to vote for someone who will truly represent them.

I mean we can give up on government or accept the reality that eventually the democracy will be in name only, stocked by yes men working for ABC incorporated but it's one thing to say you *love* democracy but it's another thing to actually *participate*.

I gave up on the idea that everything is ok with our government when i found out it has been silently usurped and never made Headlines that said " The Constitutional Republic Is Dead and is now a Democracy of majority rule."

We was not founded as a democracy and like our founders said i to agree with them that Democracy leads to a nations ruin when they was debating which form should govern the nation. We was founded as a Constitutional Republic clearly we have failed to keep it. Which is troubling at least to me. Just like Benjamin Franklin said when asked about what government we had he said “A republic if you can keep it.”

John Adams wrote that “There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide,” and James Madison wrote in Federalist 10 that “Democracies have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.” The reason pure democracies fail is that majorities learn that they can legally take property and/or liberties away from others. Those subjected to abuse can be anyone outside the majority coalition, and their minority status can be based on race, religion, wealth, political affiliation, or even which city or state they reside in.

Demagogic leaders become adept at appealing to the emotions of jealousy, avarice, and entitlement. They also denigrate opponents in order to justify prejudicial actions taken by the majority. Soon, oppression of minority classes causes enough conflicts to collapse the democratic process.

The word democracy is not mentioned in the Constitution. Yet we hear Democracy from our representatives or terms like America spreading democracy around the world rarely do you hear any say Republic. If this does not strike anyone as troubling they have yet to wake up.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-07-11 16:15:55  
Quote:
Actually, it can't be used to justify any action - it's been challenged before the courts several times to prove it doesn't work that way, otherwise the initial incarnation of the ACA would have gone through unchecked.

I don't think your understanding how this works ....

The first action is to declare the Supreme Court null and void because it's uncertain and slow decisions are a detriment to a stable society that is in everyone's best interests. The second action is to disband congress, because their bickering is detrimental the a sound and unified nation. So on and so forth until every block has been removed, for the betterment of everyone.

Democracy dies to a resounding applause.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-11 16:33:32  
Understand this - that wouldn't, couldn't, and isn't allowed to happen.

People have tried over and over to remove those checks and balances from the constitution, but none have ever surpassed the Supreme Law of the Land. None of the Amendments after the Bill of Rights can supersede the Bill of Rights. No judgment from any presiding judge, or panel of judges can do so.

You would have to topple the entire Judicial system to even attempt to declare the Supreme Court Null and Void (and prove it to be null and void), as the Final Arbiters of the Constitution. Which would require many other previous actions, primarily the appointment of new judges in the previous sitting judges' positions - that's a Check and a Balance.

Secondly, any decision going through the Supreme Court could take years to handle as it is, or a simple and final arbitration that takes days, or a few weeks due to arguments for or against.

If anything, total Congressional reform is more likely to take place as the first action, but that doesn't require a full disband of Congress, because the Senate would soon follow - no point in having a Senate or Congress, much less a House of Representatives, or political parties at all.

Then again, much of this would have to start at the smaller levels of government such as municipalities so people are taken by storm and it simply happens.

So please, do go on about how I don't understand how this works, when it's pretty clear you have the actions taken completely backwards.

If there is no Constitution to uphold, there is no use for a "Supreme Court" except as a "Kangaroo Court" to let people have the illusion of a fair trial, when it's totally stacked.

Again, even the concept of "The needs of the many" isn't without checks and balances for a reason. Which again, I point out, hasn't been allowed unchecked or unbalanced. It has to first be ruled as Constitutional to be allowed to go forward.

A lot of ideas that have been proposed in the name of "The needs of the many" have been shot down - and for good reason. All you need do is look at anything Lordgrim has posted to see why his ideas and beliefs of what's good for everyone (when it's really just his personal desire) doesn't work - he has no plan.

Oh, and No matter who is sitting as President, they don't have the authority, much less the sway, to declare the Supreme Court null and void. Only the Constitution, the Supreme Court, or a complete and total revolution has that power.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-11 16:43:22  
Verda said: »
Why is Uncle Sam a ninja?

Right, forgot the forum I was posting on obvs. If it's in dark clothes and in the shadows it can only be a ninja right?

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
this is also another post that deserves alot more +'s becuase regardless of policy lines from these two party's they furthure advance the same agenda.

That post was half in jest Lordgrim, though I do lack much respect for anyone that can only regurgitate rhetoric the ingested elsewhere and help draw party lines. Both parties don't completely, and often not even mostly, hold the public interest as their highest priority and I think it a waste of time to bicker about party politics and shout rhetoric full of logical fallacies (one of their favorites being slippery slope) that aren't trying to address or fix issues so much as preserve ideas at any cost that were never great to begin with. Ideas are sort of like people (at least a lot more than a corporation hah), they will do anything they can to survive and are actually quite disgusting when you see how they work, ingesting things, using them, and what you're left with after the work is done is a steaming pile of poo. Maybe there's unicorn ideas out there that ***rainbows but I haven't seen one yet.

People need to talk about how to solve problems in a realistic way based on research and facts. Politics is posturing and ego stroking, and turned more into whose sports team are you faithful to than any sort of real effort to fix things most the time. It's so bad I wonder why I vote, b/c it's not like it does much good. Politicians say one thing do another, and money speaks louder than the voters unless they are VERY VERY loud. Which there's very few things enough people agree on to shout that loudly. In any case, I don't think there's any conspiracy, but I do think both parties have a lot of the same problems, and that engaging in arguing over which pile of poo is better is a giant waste of time and effort. I think questions like "do you think big or small government are better?" Totally ignore relevant questions like "Why are there so many poor people in a nation with the largest economy on earth and why is that gap growing instead of shrinking?" I find myself agreeing with the Pope of all people more than most lately and I'm not even religious!

Most the people that talk about issues I have found not pointing fingers here but they just want to feel like they have a developed opinion even if that opinion is basically copy and pasted off of party rhetoric, with very little examination.

I guess I'll just do what I usually do and thank Jeebus there's still some people on earth who make sense, science is the greatest institution of man, and government only gave that place to rise. Science should have a lot more say in politics, but fact checking is a relatively "new" thing and not nearly prevalent enough.

No they're not, they're a result of people not thinking enough for themselves and not wanting to sacrifice large parts of their time to maybe not do something about it. Why don't you and rose and everyone else here start their own movements? Right that takes sacrifice, time,and maybe a life spent on something you didn't care enough to dedicate your life too and there is no guarantee of success in fact very little of it. Whatever else I say of politicians at least they can dedicate their life to something. Even if I'm not sold it's b/c they believe in it.

That's a nice post full of absolute ***and passive-aggressive personal attacks on people in a forum you care so little about.

Think about what you just said, and why it's complete and utter garbage for a minute - Oh, you can "half-jest" something, but apparently the phrase "Why does Uncle Sam look like a ninja?" is obviously being serious, when Sparth is known for on the mark hyperbole or half-serious commentary to lighten the mood.

Additionally, what you just described, is *why* political dynasties in America are a self-fulfilling prophecy. But you know, instead of looking at the reasons for it, you go out of your way to bash others with passive-aggressive taunts, assume things you clearly have no *** education on, and more swipes at people for no more reason than to take a swing at someone.

What ever gave you the impression I've not started or dedicated myself to a cause or movement? Debunking myths, having actual political conversation with those I disagree with (Like Ravael and Saevel), and even being free to disagree with those I normally agree with.

Unlike your assumptions, I do and have made something a cause I can dedicate my life to: Teaching new and young workers entering the work force how to protect themselves, and what their responsibilities are. It's far from glorious work - and it takes some serious time and sacrifice.

In Short: *** you and the pretentious *** you rode in on.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-07-11 16:54:49  

If anything, total Congressional reform is more likely to take place as the first action, but that doesn't require a full disband of Congress, because the Senate would soon follow - no point in having a Senate or Congress, much less a House of Representatives.

So please, do go on about how I don't understand how this works,

Ok first off you have the United States Government misunderstood in its 3 branches, please let me explain.

You talk like the senate and the house of representatives are separate of congress. Your absolutely wrong about that Bloodrose. Congress represents both senate and the house of representatives they are not separate of congress they ARE congress.

Executive Branch = Presidency

Judicial Branch = Supreme court

Legislative Branch = Congress

The United States Congress is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States consisting of two houses: the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Congress meets in the Capitol in Washington, D.C.

I hope this helps clear up your misunderstanding and i am glad to assist you in that endeavour.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-11 16:57:22  
***, I was corrected by Lordgrim.

You've won this round!

Edit: It wasn't the 3 branches, but I did have Congress, The Senate, and the House backwards.

I blame the heat and only 3 hours of sleep.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-07-11 17:01:12  
***, I was corrected by Lordgrim.

You've won this round!

Edit: It wasn't the 3 branches, but I did have Congress, The Senate, and the House backwards.

I blame the heat and only 3 hours of sleep.

your welcome, its no biggie i've been up since 1am i know the feeling getting tired too,lol
By fonewear 2015-07-11 17:28:44  
You had me at pretentious *** !

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-11 17:33:19  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

That is why we elect government officials to think for us !
By Bloodrose 2015-07-11 17:37:18  
Verda said: »
In Short: *** you and the pretentious *** you rode in on.

I thought Sparth was known for being something quite different, usually just someone who makes remarks that never further conversation for the sake of a laugh. I am not pretentious, just right. Sorry it offends you or whatever. I stopped partaking in the political forum because the way the discussion is even approached will never accomplish anything. When I came in saying both sides are wrong I didn't expect zero flack, but your reaction definitely takes the cake for as you put it "full of absolute ***and passive-aggressive personal attacks". But I'm glad you have the self perspective to realize that's what you just did, except, oh wait, you didn't. So have fun feeding your egos and feeling like important informed adults, while attacking anyone that says you should maybe actually do something about the things int he world other than complain and shout at each other with regurgitated rhetoric. You can have your last words or whatever, won't bother me a penny. Have a good one :)
No, you really are truly pretentious.

You contradicted just about everything you said in your last paragraph - calling out others to start their own movement, despite already having given up, and not having so much as a beating, breathing moment to start one yourself. How can you call yourself right when almost everything you said is outright wrong, an assumption, or just full of ***? Oh you can't.

Calling someone out on their illusions, or delusions is hardly a passive-aggressive personal attack. Then again, I am doing something to stir a movement. You know, that "costing real time and sacrifice" thing you mentioned, but were too apathetic to do yourself.

Though you act rather with a real sense of undeserved importance of your own - hence the call on your pretentious ***. You don't want any kind of discussion, you just want people to listen to what you have to say, and then listen to them talk about how right you think you are.

Not partaking in political discussion my ***. You've been a larger part of these discussions than I have in recent months.

Oh, and you're haphazardly or intentionally confusing Sparthos with fonewear.
By fonewear 2015-07-11 17:41:10  
We do more than passive aggressive attacks here like Simpson quotes too !
By fonewear 2015-07-11 17:46:42  

The "people" have a low impression of those in power and so we actively discourage kids from getting involved in politics which deprives government from people with the capability/skills to effectively hold posts. Political families simply occupy the vacant seats by means of demand.

(The money, connections and experience do help however.)

Unlimited term limits and voter apathy only play to this problem.

That's a lot of words to say "don't vote"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-11 17:50:47  
Sparthosky is one of the most intelligent people on this forum(or maybe one of the few would be more accurate considered certain characters..)

But I see nothing new is going on here..
By fonewear 2015-07-11 17:53:05  
It's page 9... no one knows what is going on !
By fonewear 2015-07-11 17:54:07  
I will say that whether you agree with trump or not. He is at least making this political cycle entertaining. And really isn't that what politics is all about ? To watch the spectacle then hold your nose and vote !

I mean you can't talk about video games/women/life and anime everyday right ? I can't at least !
[+]
 Odin.Angrykitty
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Angrykitty 2015-07-11 19:59:04  
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2015-07-11 21:26:47  
Trump is unchained & on fire, he is swinging for the fences. He will destroy jeb bush. hillery better start drawing up her victim card.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2015-07-11 21:27:24  
Phoenix speech.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ad_1436626229&comments=1
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-12 06:11:16  
Don't forget America is NOT a democracy. It's a republic.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-12 07:18:51  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Don't forget America is NOT a democracy. It's a republic.

And there is a Simpsons quote for that !

YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-12 07:35:20  

I'm going to try to listen to all 3 hours cause who needs a life !

If anyone is interested Skip to 1 hour and 45 mins in to get to the Trump part.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 216 217 218