FFVII Remake... It's Official! (Discussion)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:15:08  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Am I the only one who was like "meh" when Eirisu-neechan died? I had just started using her in the party (since the temple of the ancients), but didn't really get that intense emotional shock that everybody keeps talking about.

I only felt that about Lavitz in Legend of Dragoon (even though they replace the character with another that has the same stats, abilities, and exp progress).

Probably yeah. Watching that scene in 1997 was like nothing else in any game period. Nowadays it's common practice. I used Aeris a lot in the first disc, and she was actually really, really good when you got all her limit breaks. If she was allowed to stay in the game she would have been overpowered. I played FFVII with a friend, who was so moved by everything FFVII had to offer, so I shared the experience with him. We don't see each other very often, maybe once every 2-3 years, but whenever we meet up again, we share the FFVII bond.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-05 16:15:36  
Random Punk asks Cloud "yoU're saving the world" - Responds with Not Interested.

Cloud was trying to act the tough guy originally, who the hell would employ an ex Pussy of a soldier if they acted weak? No One, you quiet simply misunderstood Cloud's personality (Or the One he was trying to portray at first) where he had mission orders and as "pseudo-Zack" he completed the orders and fought like a demon possessed sword wielding maniac (Level appropriate).

The point where you see Glimpses of him being weak and soft is after the part of the story you saw in the video when he's unsure as *** what to do, and has no goals or dreams and has to re-find himself, they've not gotten to that part of the story yet, so chill your beans, the representation so far is accurate.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-05 16:17:57  
Am I the only one who was like "meh" when Eirisu-neechan died? I had just started using her in the party (since the temple of the ancients), but didn't really get that intense emotional shock that everybody keeps talking about.

I only felt that about Lavitz in Legend of Dragoon (even though they replace the character with another that has the same stats, abilities, and exp progress).
I always disliked her, I was actually happy. Maybe Tifa will get some now.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:19:13  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Random Punk asks Cloud "yoU're saving the world" - Responds with Not Interested.

Cloud was trying to act the tough guy originally, who the hell would employ an ex Pussy of a soldier if they acted weak? No One, you quiet simply misunderstood Cloud's personality (Or the One he was trying to portray at first) where he had mission orders and as "pseudo-Zack" he completed the orders and fought like a demon possessed sword wielding maniac (Level appropriate).

The point where you see Glimpses of him being weak and soft is after the part of the story you saw in the video when he's unsure as *** what to do, and has no goals or dreams and has to re-find himself, they've not gotten to that part of the story yet, so chill your beans, the representation so far is accurate.

This^ I couldn't find anything wrong with the trailer at all. People will obviously groan about the battle system, but if they're going to do that, they can't be real FFVII fans. As far as character portrayal, everything in the trailer is in the same light as the original, except the fact you fight the first boss again on top of the train. In the original you killed it in the Mako Reactor, and it never appeared after Cloud jumped on the train. That was shocking for me, obviously they couldn't do that in 1997.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 16:21:23  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Phoenix.Erics said: »
i hope they keep turn based combat.. if they turn it into some always fighting *** it wont really feel like ff7.
LOOK AT ALL THIS INCREDIBLY IMPRESSIVE 3D MODELING WE DID FOR THE ENTIRE GAME WORLD!

Now lets remove you from that and put you in the old combat system with bland static arenas that have absolutely no effect on how a battle would play out.

Also you have a single attack animation for each character now do this for 60+ hours.

Yeah, no thanks. It was cool in the original because you got improved character models and animations to look at when you went into a battle. That isn't the case here.
Thanks for killing my buzz haha
I had not considered that and was about to drop 65$ on a new game but now I'll wait till hit hits the 10$ and under bin at gamestop ;)
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-05 16:23:27  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
i hope they keep turn based combat.. if they turn it into some always fighting *** it wont really feel like ff7.
LOOK AT ALL THIS INCREDIBLY IMPRESSIVE 3D MODELING WE DID FOR THE ENTIRE GAME WORLD!

Now lets remove you from that and put you in the old combat system with bland static arenas that have absolutely no effect on how a battle would play out.

Also you have a single attack animation for each character now do this for 60+ hours.

Yeah, no thanks. It was cool in the original because you got improved character models and animations to look at when you went into a battle. That isn't the case here.
I had not considered that and was about to drop 65$ on a new game but now I'll wait till hit hits the 10$ and under bin at gamestop ;)
What exactly are you taking from what I said?

My point was that the old school turn based combat would be really bland and I'm happy they're moving away from that as the trailer showed us.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:25:52  
Also Erics is right. You can't use that old battle system in modern games, it would stick out so damn bad it would kill the game. Clearly I don't want the game to be 24/7 action, the pace needs to be slower at times so the game doesn't pass by like a blur. But at times it's going to really benefit to have more action in certain scenes. Like the fight on the bridge, originally that was a slow and painful experience most would have ran away from (and you had that choice too), but now you get to fight those Shinra Soldiers with intensity. It's going to make certain parts of the game far more exciting.

They have a lot of time to redefine things, so I wouldn't take the battle system too literally just yet. Things can and probably will change.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-05 16:26:14  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
except the fact you fight the first boss again on top of the train. In the original you killed it in the Mako Reactor, and it never appeared after Cloud jumped on the train. That was shocking for me, obviously they couldn't do that in 1997.
You still fight it in the reactor. It a very abrupt scene change that isn't really evident because of the lighting and what they do with the camera before it, but it's in the reactor. It smashes some metal grating as it falls, not something you'd see on top of a train.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-05 16:26:44  
I'd like turn based system myself, its all a matter of opinions. The comments in the official youtube video are sickening lol.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-05 16:27:44  
Also Erics is right. You can't use that old battle system in modern games, it would stick out so damn bad it would kill the game. Clearly I don't want the game to be 24/7 action, the pace needs to be slower at times so the game doesn't pass by like a blur. But at times it's going to really benefit to have more action in certain scenes. Like the fight on the bridge, originally that was a slow and painful experience most would have ran away from (and you had that choice too), but now you get to fight those Shinra Soldiers with intensity. It's going to make certain parts of the game far more exciting.

They have a lot of time to redefine things, so I wouldn't take the battle system too literally just yet. Things can and probably will change.

Kill the game? You do realize games are still being released that are turn based with comparable graphics? They don't exactly die on release.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-05 16:28:32  
The voice acting was pretty bad. I don't like that Barrett is wearing sunglasses, hides so much of his expression. Cloud also looks and sounds too boyish.

Never was a fan of Cloud's "fake personality" thing, I think it was a weak character and storytelling direction. I tend to forget the whole Zack character and sequence cuz it's just so dumb.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 16:28:46  

What exactly are you taking from what I said?

My point was that the old school turn based combat would be really bland and I'm happy they're moving away from that as the trailer showed us.
Sorry I misread your post. I thought you were saying that in the new one we'll be seeing the same animation all the time.
(something I hate about many hack-n-slash games)
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-05 16:31:10  
Draylo said: »
Kill the game? You do realize games are still being released that are turn based with comparable graphics? They don't exactly die on release.
Do you have any examples? I haven't seen a single JRPG with graphics of this level using the old random encounter into a static turn based system at all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-05 16:31:43  

Wait people were expecting a RTS game in this day and age for an RPG?

What are people smoking and how is it not banned yet, for people to honestly believe that would happen they're either brain dead or Extremely stupid.

For me, FF7 was never about the game play because lets face it, it was ***! At the time it wasn't bad, but Crash Bandicoot was Harder in that respect so people honestly can't try and argue "Game play Nostalgia", it's a remake, with a game engine they have to hand which so far looks like it adapted better to the ff7 world than the new one.

They either keep the old combat and *** the story, or they *** the combat and keep the story, I'd rather keep the story from a Fan perspective (because thats the soul reason anyone fell in love with the game) and try out a new combat system in my re-imagined classic of a game that I get to experience in a different way, that might actually be amazing.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-05 16:32:29  
Do you have any examples? I haven't seen a single JRPG with graphics of this level using the old random encounter into a static turn based system at all.
Does Dragon Quest 8 count?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:32:31  
except the fact you fight the first boss again on top of the train. In the original you killed it in the Mako Reactor, and it never appeared after Cloud jumped on the train. That was shocking for me, obviously they couldn't do that in 1997.
You still fight it in the reactor. It a very abrupt scene change that isn't really evident because of the lighting and what they do with the camera before it, but it's in the reactor. It smashes some metal grating as it falls, not something you'd see on top of a train.

Yeah I figured you would fight it first in the reactor, but they didn't show inside the reactor in the trailer. Likely story is you will damage it in the reactor and it will run away so it can ambush you on the train later.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-05 16:33:28  

Graphics of this level? No but Divinity 1 /2 comes to mind.
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-12-05 16:37:18  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I always disliked her, I was actually happy. Maybe Tifa will get some now.
Did that change after CC for you? For me it did, Not the Tifa being prefered part, but the disliking Aeris one.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:37:40  
Like I said so many times already, if you're not going to buy this game just because the battle system isn't turn-based, you are not a FFVII fan. Or if you are, you are such a stubborn FFVII fan you can go play the original in its HD remaster as many times as you like while the rest of us play the Remake. I never played FFVII for the battle system, I played it for the characters, the story, the music, the mini-games, everything else but the battle system.

Currently listening to the FFVII OST and trying to imagine it in the remake; it's going to be sick. And if the battle system is different, fair enough, they already said it was going to change, and obviously they would have spent several hours/days/weeks arguing over the direction of the battle system, because they knew it would end up being the most critiqued part of the game.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-05 16:38:55  
Does Dragon Quest 8 count?
Fantastic game, but not graphically comparable. Also, it's a decade old.

A better comparison would've been Dragon Quest Heroes, but it took the same combat direction VII seems to be going.

Heroes looks gorgeous, by the way.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-05 16:48:15  
Well the graphics for this aren't leagues ahead (it has a unique art style I'd say) but it is a modern game:

YouTube Video Placeholder

I could go digging for other games but I don't wanna waste my time. They are still made and its a unique style of gameplay that doesn't exactly spell doom for a game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 16:55:42  
Since FFX and FFXI, I found it difficult to play the newer FF games. And it wasn't because of the battle system, in fact I grew quite fond of FFXII's battle system near the end. But I stopped playing it as I got close to clearing it. But why? I didn't stop playing because of the battle system, even if it was different to what I grew up with. I just didn't care about the characters, the towns, the music, I didn't care for any of it, even though I tried. It was the same with FFXIII, tried playing that, the battle system was a bit too automated, I tried to blame the battle system, but in the end it wasn't the battle system. If I had played FFVII with the FFXIII battle system, I would have completed it. So at the end of the day it's not the battle system, it's the characters involved in the battle system. If you can't care for the characters, then you can't care for the game no matter how good the battle system is.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-05 16:57:48  
Plays like a doubles/triples Pokemon battle. Also, animation quality is improved in the battle mode, so there's nothing being downgraded from the shift.

That wouldn't be the case with VII. We've already seen very dynamic animations outside of combat. I'd personally hate to see that all go away when entering combat because turn based combat doesn't allow for it. Particularly when you have to manually input commands for all of your party members.
By Yatenkou 2015-12-05 16:58:06  
I don't like the vibe I'm getting from this remake anymore. At first I was skeptical when I heard they were revamping the battle system, this just confirms it...I want final fantasy I grew up with...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-05 16:59:08  
So play the old 7
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 17:01:06  
Yatenkou said: »
I don't like the vibe I'm getting from this remake anymore. At first I was skeptical when I heard they were revamping the battle system, this just confirms it...I want final fantasy I grew up with...

Go play the HD remaster. Nothing stopping you. And the original FF7 is the best game I ever played (still), but I cleared it a gazillion times over. We need something fresh while remaining true to the story, otherwise they might as well had made a FFVII movie and not done a "REMAKE" at all.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-05 17:01:40  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Graphics of this level? No but Divinity 1 /2 comes to mind.
pretty great looking turn based game with an amazing story and ability to immerse. It isnt impossible and the people claiming its too slow paced/time for a change arent understanding that all the elements of ff7, not just the story and characters made it memorable. Im getting it either way but it doesnt mean i have to kiss SE's *** every step of the way.
By Draylo 2015-12-05 17:03:24  
Just because its a remake doesn't mean you have to change everything. Yes a new action-rpg type battle system will appease the mass meatheads and bring in more profit, it will just upset the old fans too. Look at the Resident Evil REMAKE(yes remake) they did not change the core of the game... it still has the same tank controls (with an option of changing it somewhat.)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-05 17:05:54  
I loved the Resident Evil HD Remake, but it wasn't a true remake, it was just the Gamecube version glossed over with updated graphics. Visually it was amazing, but it's just a glorified remaster of the Gamecube remake of the original Resident Evil (and I still prefer the original Resident Evil with its crappy voice acting). I cleared it with Jill, and I enjoyed it, but I wasn't in awe of it. It didn't spark the same interest this FFVII remake does. And I ain't a "meathead who loves action", I love the old school FF games from FF1-FFX because of the turn based system. But i'll sit here and look at the positives, embracing the change rather than getting angry over it.
By Skarwind 2015-12-05 17:06:50  
It looks like Barrett was pulled right out of Deus Ex Human Revolution...
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25