You Dreamed Of A Mythic, Well Lets Get It Together

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » You dreamed of a Mythic, well lets get it together
You dreamed of a Mythic, well lets get it together
Offline
Posts: 505
By lhova 2015-05-16 12:16:27  
Looking to start a "static" to spam Ein, NI, Assualt mission to finish or start a mythic. Times can be discussed but I'm est and I normally play on Sunday nights after 9pm, Mon all day, Sat 11a-7p and can fit other times in as well. Anyone interested let me know. Hoping to complete all stages within a week.
Offline
Posts: 280
By swordwiz 2015-05-16 12:39:33  
Only thing you really need a static for is token farming and a couple assualts everything else is soloable
[+]
Offline
Posts: 505
By lhova 2015-05-16 12:46:19  
swordwiz said: »
Only thing you really need a static for is token farming and a couple assualts everything else is soloable

I get that but sometimes it fun when you do it with a group versus the standard solo grind. Just an option.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 89
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-05-16 13:48:35  
This update was more so that the game is dying and solo stuff easier. You do the group thing after post update? People could of done them prior as a group
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxus
Posts: 331
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2015-05-16 14:02:09  
Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »
This update was more so that the game is dying and solo stuff easier. You do the group thing after post update? People could of done them prior as a group


But ppl who get the KI's (which is easy as heck to get, at least these this round) don't have to worry bout 1 person only having 2 tags and another person having 1 while the rest of group have full set of tags. All in all, it makes things more relaxed for group efforts, since people don't have the time gates blocking access at this time (or very minimal time gates.)
Offline
Posts: 9931
By Draylo 2015-05-16 14:06:00  
Why do you care?
 Asura.Ivlilla
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
Posts: 532
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-16 14:10:11  
This is actually very good for some people. My BFF Jill had to quit playing XI because a game that more or less demands you be able to set aside a huge, continuous, uninterrupted block of time to do anything is hard to play when you have kids. You can't really do Dynamis when you might have to get up and go AFK for half an hour because of a sick child, or do a delve run or vagary run when you have only an hour to play and it can take three hours just to put the run together.

Now, if he chose to resub, he could, on the rare occasion which occurs about once a month where he doesn't have to worry about the wife and kids and can actually get an uninterrupted 6 to 8 hour block of free time, should he wish, log in and do nothing but assaults to work on a mythic, and get maybe half of them done. People who never even bothered to do the prerequisites for the mythic quest, not because of the amount of effort involved, but because the force waits and time outs did not work with a schedule of someone who has a fulltime job and a family, can actually do that now.

And remember, nothing whatsoever has changed about the difficulty of making the mythic, except the Nyzul change, and a couple of assaults. You still have to do all the same things you had to do previously. Only now you don't have completely retarded forced waits to drag out the content.
Offline
Posts: 505
By lhova 2015-05-16 14:15:19  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
This is actually very good for some people. My BFF Jill had to quit playing XI because a game that more or less demands you be able to set aside a huge, continuous, uninterrupted block of time to do anything is hard to play when you have kids. You can't really do Dynamis when you might have to get up and go AFK for half an hour because of a sick child, or do a delve run or vagary run when you have only an hour to play and it can take three hours just to put the run together.

Now, if he chose to resub, he could, on the rare occasion which occurs about once a month where he doesn't have to worry about the wife and kids and can actually get an uninterrupted 6 to 8 hour block of free time, should he wish, log in and do nothing but assaults to work on a mythic, and get maybe half of them done. People who never even bothered to do the prerequisites for the mythic quest, not because of the amount of effort involved, but because the force waits and time outs did not work with a schedule of someone who has a fulltime job and a family, can actually do that now.

And remember, nothing whatsoever has changed about the difficulty of making the mythic, except the Nyzul change, and a couple of assaults. You still have to do all the same things you had to do previously. Only now you don't have completely retarded forced waits to drag out the content.

True and more true! This is the way the game should have been in the begining and I honestly think SE just wants to give peeps the opportunity to finish thier mythic "goals" before the majority of the server times out for the last time...

And this thread was started for all the people (my server specifically) who always wanted a mythic but couldn't commit the time or perhaps gave up but would like to finish.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
Posts: 532
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-16 14:24:35  
Also, remember, mythics are "only" something like 700 man hours to get all the alex, tokens, ichor, and assaults done. It's just now people who are unable to play every single day but are able to occasionally get in 8 hours on a weekend once a month can actually do the content. I finished Terpsichore about a month or so before these changes went live, and I really don't care. All it means is I'll have Carnwenhan faster.
Offline
Posts: 5673
By Pantafernando 2015-05-16 14:25:16  
This title sounds almost like a proposal.
Log in to post.