Anyone Selling Tartarus Platemail? If So Price?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Anyone selling Tartarus Platemail? If so price?
Anyone selling Tartarus Platemail? If so price?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Warviper
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
Posts: 179
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-04-18 09:05:03  
As topic says:

Anyone, on any server, selling Tartarus Platemail yet? If so price?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1173
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-04-18 09:56:21  
I think I saw a thread of someone on Asura selling it for 75M. But, I'm not quite sure where that thread is now. Try digging around on FFXIAH. It here somewhere.
Offline
Posts: 481
By Kaerin 2015-04-18 21:32:53  
Tartarus on asura will sell you one. I think we're charging 150m or something.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 6052
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-19 04:11:25  
150m sounds reasonable. Content's not hard, but expecting people to give away the one flashy drop and run it 50x is pretty lofty. I'd almost say that's still selling their time short.
[+]
 Valefor.Yankke
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yankke23
Posts: 33
By Valefor.Yankke 2015-04-19 05:02:27  
can i have it? you can have this 150m...fine...fine...
 Bismarck.Johnb
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Johnb
Posts: 140
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-04-20 03:50:17  
You'd have to go to maybe 50 runs that takes around 20mins each to kill it to see it drop. It is not worth anyone selling it yet. We're currently 0/51 on it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
Posts: 106
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-20 06:29:11  
Odin Elysien has it for sale for 20m should totally hit him up.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
Posts: 902
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-04-20 08:32:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Odin Elysien has it for sale for 20m should totally hit him up.

Like that's gonna happen.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
Posts: 106
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-20 08:46:44  
Well, it's not like it has any actual value... Vagary being the official most difficult thing ever going to be made(maybe incursion but "noonecaresion". And you can tank it just fine without it, it's nothing but a vanity piece. (a REALLY piss ugly one at that lol).

There won't ever be content that you need it for so, even 1g is overpaying.

But, hey, just my opinions etc, I'm sure people think it has value, even though they're wrong, it's their prerogative.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-20 09:13:14  
The item itself has no value at all indeed.

The high price is determined by the time a group of people expects to put into getting the drop for an outsider.
Which, as others before me pointed out, can be either a goldmine if you get it to drop fast or a huge waste of people's time for minimal pay in the end.
Even though the price stays the same.

Also with asking such a high price we also kind of hope to deter people from wanting to actually buy one and focus their time and money on the more common drops.
If someone actually makes that offer however, we do not have a reason to refuse, but our terms and conditions will still apply.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
Posts: 802
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-20 13:20:44  
I know of two groups on asura (one of them being machina) that are over 100 runs in without the drop. Honestly there is no price that you could charge that I would find unreasonable (and I don't even want the darn thing).
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tajinjr
Posts: 204
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-04-20 14:11:27  
Our ls is selling 200mil it's yours.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
Posts: 902
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-04-22 06:48:05  
Quote:
Vagary«Last Boss»«body»«Equip»«Sell?»200M


One of the rich JPs on Bahamut just shouted that. So yeah there you have it.
 Cerberus.Warviper
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
Posts: 179
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-06 12:59:16  
Any Linkshell/Groups doing runs on regular basis in EU or JP timezone that will sell for 130M please post here or send me priv msg.

US primetime does not work for me since im from Northern EU so US primetime is during my zzz hours.
 Cerberus.Warviper
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
Posts: 179
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-07 05:19:43  
Cerberus.Warviper said: »
Any Linkshell/Groups doing runs on regular basis in EU or JP timezone that will sell for 130M please post here or send me priv msg.

US primetime does not work for me since im from Northern EU so US primetime is during my zzz hours.

Guess i could go up to 150M.
Offline
Posts: 11767
By Draylo 2015-05-07 05:39:05  
Worth it for that lockstyle yo
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
Posts: 106
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-05-07 06:06:59  
Totes

Make sure you datmod this onto it though:
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
Posts: 1214
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-07 08:37:57  
Cerberus.Warviper said: »
Cerberus.Warviper said: »
Any Linkshell/Groups doing runs on regular basis in EU or JP timezone that will sell for 130M please post here or send me priv msg.

US primetime does not work for me since im from Northern EU so US primetime is during my zzz hours.

Guess i could go up to 150M.

You may have to hop servers for it. I know it's been tough on you during your prime time since it's mostly JP activity (which is why I've been trying to get someone to lead events during the day for UK/EU/JP), but I've run enough Vagary for you guys that you should know how to set up a small group for it by now. At least continue to try for the drop/winning lot until someone bites at your purchase offer.

I honestly doubt you get any bites though from any NA linkshell on Cerberus. At this stage of the game and what's coming down the pipeline, gil holds little value by comparison to this Platemail.

But, I might be wrong about that.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
Posts: 322
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-05-07 09:08:31  
Cerberus.Warviper said: »
Cerberus.Warviper said: »
Any Linkshell/Groups doing runs on regular basis in EU or JP timezone that will sell for 130M please post here or send me priv msg.

US primetime does not work for me since im from Northern EU so US primetime is during my zzz hours.

Guess i could go up to 150M.

Add another 0 to that number and we make it happen :p
Offline
Posts: 1122
By FaeQueenCory 2015-05-07 09:18:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Well, it's not like it has any actual value... Vagary being the official most difficult thing ever going to be made(maybe incursion but "noonecaresion". And you can tank it just fine without it, it's nothing but a vanity piece. (a REALLY piss ugly one at that lol).

There won't ever be content that you need it for so, even 1g is overpaying.

But, hey, just my opinions etc, I'm sure people think it has value, even though they're wrong, it's their prerogative.
>_>
Since when was Vagary difficult?
It's literally the easiest endgame content they've released in all of Adoulin.
(And RoV will have a "dynamis like" event that seems to start in the next update, so it's hardly even the last battle content...)

And while it certainly isn't needed, +40acc RF2+1 body for PLD is pretty good. Especially for acc starved PLD, and for the double bonus of more absorbs.
So it's not worthless, it's actually an upgrade for PLD.
Sure you can do stuff without it, but that's like saying Burtgang should never be made because you can do stuff without it.

It honestly just sounds like you're jelly and butthurt over something.
Is it that you can't do Vagary? Is it that Vagary doesn't like your jobs? Where did Tartarus Platemail touch you?
Would you like to vent?
I'm here for you.
We all are.
That's what trolls are for. (One of the reasons anyways.)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
Posts: 3927
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-07 10:09:36  
Who said there will be a Dynamis like event? Not saying you're wrong but all I recall was the devs comparing it to Dynamis, referring to the grey Zitah, to me that could just mean it's a nightmarish alternate dimension.

As for Vagary, is it easy? Haven't done it yet and I'm always too sceptical to join PUGs.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
Posts: 802
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-07 10:25:52  
Yes, vagary is easy. The droprate on the platemail is abyssmal (we saw our first body 150 runs in).
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-07 10:28:26  
Vagary has some fun mechanics, bit yes it is quite easy.
Although not "pugs steamroll this" easy.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
Posts: 1214
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-07 12:11:53  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Who said there will be a Dynamis like event? Not saying you're wrong but all I recall was the devs comparing it to Dynamis, referring to the grey Zitah, to me that could just mean it's a nightmarish alternate dimension.

As for Vagary, is it easy? Haven't done it yet and I'm always too sceptical to join PUGs.

Vagary is a double-sided coin:

On one side you have competent leaders and groups spawning Perfidien and Plouton within 10 minutes of a run and killing with 30 minutes left on the clock.

On the other side you have casual players and incompetent players (unfortunately grouped together in this category) who aren't active enough to get into successful PUGs for clears (former) and who after over 100+ runs still don't know to stand on the SAM or PLD during Stage 2 and 3, consistently do not listen and still forget that if you run up to melee and die, Perfidien and Plouton warp (latter).

I'm not sure how far along you are in the Seekers storyline, but you'll want to get your CS's from Leafallia as soon as you can.

Here is good information on Vagary (in its updated version).

I'm not sure what your play time is but if I'm leading a Vagary run, you're welcome to join.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
Posts: 106
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-05-07 12:44:45  
It's not "difficult" it's "the highest ilvl thing" ever going to be added. That's supposed to mean "most difficult", not "actual difficult" etc.

Of course I don't/haven't/won't do Vagary. That would require paying for a subscription, I wish I could say I never did Incursion as well, but I got conned into going to that like 5 times...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 6052
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-07 13:49:55  
It's not "the highest ilvl thing" ever going to be added, that title goes to Incursion at present. Seeing as the next 3 updates are including battle content, it might not even stay Incursion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
Posts: 106
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-05-07 23:31:26  
I said that 3 weeks ago.2015-04-20 08:46:44
Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Well, it's not like it has any actual value... Vagary being the official most (('ilvl difficult')difficult thing ever going to be made)maybe incursion but "noonecaresion".

Being that noonecaresion, Vagary IS highest ilvl content that matters (even a little bit, none of it matters)

The new added content is *** for nostalgia, it's not actual content.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-08 03:17:24  
We'll just have to see what the new battle content brings.
The main thing that made Vagary so highly anticipated was the Empyrian armor reforge we'd been waiting for, and it's also the reason it will stay relevant content for a while to come.

That said, it's about time they start telling us some things about that, not that I am displeased with the latest announcement either though...
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46947-dev1266-Mog-House-and-Mog-Garden-Adjustments
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
Posts: 3927
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-08 03:54:24  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Who said there will be a Dynamis like event? Not saying you're wrong but all I recall was the devs comparing it to Dynamis, referring to the grey Zitah, to me that could just mean it's a nightmarish alternate dimension.

As for Vagary, is it easy? Haven't done it yet and I'm always too sceptical to join PUGs.

Vagary is a double-sided coin:

On one side you have competent leaders and groups spawning Perfidien and Plouton within 10 minutes of a run and killing with 30 minutes left on the clock.

On the other side you have casual players and incompetent players (unfortunately grouped together in this category) who aren't active enough to get into successful PUGs for clears (former) and who after over 100+ runs still don't know to stand on the SAM or PLD during Stage 2 and 3, consistently do not listen and still forget that if you run up to melee and die, Perfidien and Plouton warp (latter).

I'm not sure how far along you are in the Seekers storyline, but you'll want to get your CS's from Leafallia as soon as you can.

Here is good information on Vagary (in its updated version).

I'm not sure what your play time is but if I'm leading a Vagary run, you're welcome to join.
I appreciate the offer, I play during the week until about midnight BST which is 7pm EST, maybe too early for you guys.

As for the Seekers story, completed that quite a while ago.
First Page 2
Log in to post.