users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Veteran returning to Vana'diel
Veteran returning to Vana'diel
 Phoenix.Terasan
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2015-04-15 17:13:48  
Friends of mine convinced me to return to Vana'diel a few days ago, and I'm looking for some guidance/help with getting rebooted into iLvl/Adoulin-era FFXI. Not asking for carries as I still remember how to play and have some gear (Mostly sparks gear and working on AF/Relic reforges and gearing up back to a decent standard for macro pieces.) but I would greatly appreciate an LS who'd be willing to take someone who is, for all intents and purposes, new.

Been out of the game since just after Adoulin's release (FFXIV's closed beta drew me away as well as RL stuff) and I have no idea where to start after I've done what I could with the various guides on what to do after returning to Vana'diel since there's very little shout groups for stuff anymore, it seems people do stuff even more with their LS' now.

Anyways, hit me up here or ingame please and thank you!
[+]
 Asura.Tot
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2015-04-15 17:42:38  
X X Up Up A Left A after logging in (Default Xbox controls) gives many great options of productivity !
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2015-04-15 18:37:56  
Very funny. Now, someone who's not just going to attempt to troll by telling me to shut down?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-04-17 07:35:59  
Phoenix.Cromag said: »
Might try the linkshell concierge for a start.

People actually use those NPC's?
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2015-04-17 19:34:30  
Phoenix.Cromag said: »
Might try the linkshell concierge for a start.

See, this is helpful. I hadn't seen any around. Thanks!
By Achira 2015-04-17 20:36:59  
Terasan:
1. read up on Unity - how to start it, the bonuses from joining a specific faction, the RoE dailies, etc., and start doing it every day.
2. gear up PLD or BLM (ok or GEO or BRD but still)
3. read up on Skirmish 2.
4. Do Skirmish 2, augment gear, rinse and repeat.

I haven't seen anyone use the Linkshell Concierge on Ragnarok- genuinely have been tempted to leave one of my mule shells there just to see if anyone joins, but it turns out that the current capability to equip TWO linkshells is actually useful.

Right now there's a login campaign going on- and it's a good one. Do it and max out points on your account/mules/whatever. By the time you catch up and read about upgrading your empy gear, you'll be glad you did.

*Disclaimer: this is what worked for me when I recently came back to the game, and I'm sharing the things that I've discovered. It may be different for you or your server or your specific situation, so please take this, like all FFXI advice, with a very large grain of salt.

Hope it helps!! ^_^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2015-04-17 22:29:56  
Thanks both of ya for the help, I've been working with my friends on gearing up through outside Delve NMs and we're planning on taking on Alluvion Skirmish soon (Probably tonight) and see what our luck brings. Thanks again!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-06-07 10:41:16  
I'm returning today after lawn mowing, Terasan.
Just lookin for some peeps, that likes to get stuff done, to hang out with in a laidback LS or team.