First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 09:43:56  
Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
I loved FFXI cuz it's really different.

Possibly because it came out before all of them and since it wasn't massively successful the way WoW was, which released shortly after FFXI, WoW was the one everyone emulated, leaving FFXI an oddesy for the diehards.
By Zululu 2015-03-26 09:58:52  
Signed.

They should just slow down development and not stop it. It's like turning off the Amazon river when a creek would satisfy. I personally can't keep up with all the new items and events.

Quarterly updates would be fine.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-26 09:59:48  
Sylph.Katsuras said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Why do people care how many are playing XIV? The game isn't failing lol, but at the same time the large numbers mean ***when the game is mostly single-player to begin with.

Unless you work for SE marketing or are arguing for budget increases to corporate.

Half the game are instances which pull from a group of servers, the overworld content is largely throwaway or involve a tight core of 8. All the people playing around you might as well be NPCs.

It already has failed, financially anyway. Hence why it has a terrible cash shop and a subscription, they are double dipping like mad.

They spent a truck load of money on it, twice (stand back SWTOR) and it's only managed FFXI peak subscriber numbers (a game that cost a paltry 12 million to create). These kind of sub numbers could of been reached easily with an engine re-write of FFXI (which would of cost far less). They wanted a big time MMO with FFXIV and they did not get it, Square are not a company happy with 2nd best and they never have been.

They keep trying to fool people into thinking it's a massive success (I laugh everytime I see the registered player nonsense) when it has pretty low subscriber numbers, numbers that on almost every other mmo that cost anywhere near as much forced f2p. The only reason it's going to keep running is to save face for Square for failing twice and the FF brand.

If you think FFXIV is actually a big success then it's because you want to believe it. Same as when you were a kid and wanted santa clause to be real.

HAHAHAHA.

Continue to delude yourself that ARR has 'failed' in its reboot as subs increase and the first expansion pack looms in the foreground. Everything Yoshida has set out to accomplish in his 2.xx arc has come to fruition and not only has ARR managed to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of 1.0 but while maintaining the dated subscription based model on top of an optional cash shop.

It's a *** SE miracle. You may continue to ignore teh facts because you're upset XI is coming to a close and I may disagree with the fundamentals of ARR but to say ARR is a 'failure' is to essentially twist reality to fit your jilted lover agenda.
[+]
 Asura.Alexandero
サーバ: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-03-26 10:03:07  
caseyanthony said: »
Why do you hate 14 so much? I'm ready for 11 to end when content stops in November it's time but I don't hate it, i'm even logged into it right now but you have a seething hatred for 14 it's strange.

Don't get me wrong I don't and won't play 14 either but that's not because i have a hated for it, it's because I now think mmos in general are a complete waste of time.

I wouldn't say MMO's are a waste of time. Not anymore than any other game anyway. Some people sit at home and watch football, baseball, hockey or whatever. That could be considered a waste of time. Video games in general can be considered a waste of time (albeit they are virtually productive). MMOs are nothing more than a normal video game, just alot larger with updates and real people. If you are going to argue that video games are a waste of time then that's a different argument, and though I don't agree, I won't argue that because it's too subjective. If you are arguing just for MMO's, then I don't get why they are a waste of time and Skyrim or any other game isn't.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-26 10:05:19  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Possibly because it came out before all of them and since it wasn't massively successful the way WoW was, which released shortly after FFXI, WoW was the one everyone emulated, leaving FFXI an oddesy for the diehards.

And XI 'borrowed' heavily from Everquest which had the nickname NeverRest for a damn good reason.

Honestly the way MMOs are going, I imagine a revival of the 'hardcore' subgenre with how quickly AAA MMOs are failing.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 10:09:56  
Asura.Alexandero said: »
I wouldn't say MMO's are a waste of time. Not anymore than any other game anyway. Some people sit at home and watch football, baseball, hockey or whatever.

Hey some of us play MMOs, watch hockey, socialize, and drink all at the same time.

Don't sell us short!
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 10:10:19  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

And XI 'borrowed' heavily from Everquest which had the nickname NeverRest for a damn good reason.

Honestly the way MMOs are going, I imagine a revival of the 'hardcore' subgenre with how quickly AAA MMOs are failing.

I never played Everquest or UO because I was on MUDs until FFXI.
By Zubis 2015-03-26 10:11:03  
The $10K a month that SE will get from the 800 people that signed this will be enough to keep the game running, right guys?

Guys?

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2015-03-26 11:16:30  
They have 1mil active subs for all 3 of their mmos combined
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-26 11:26:05  
what kind of cash shop did they put into 14?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-26 11:27:30  
Item to change character appearance, minions, mounts.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-03-26 11:28:35  
you can buy special mounts, minions and other cosmetic stuff iirc
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-26 11:28:57  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Item to change character appearance, minions, mounts.

O good, just vanity stuff then.
[+]
By caseyanthony 2015-03-26 11:30:44  
Yeah and stil some sados went into meltdown over it.

Makes you laugh really.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-03-26 11:42:04  
caseyanthony said: »
Yeah and stil some sados went into meltdown over it.

Makes you laugh really.

Well people can do with their money as they feel like but it feels a bit like double dipping. Personally i wouldnt be ok with this kind of business model since you think you had already paid a monthly sub for the whole package (one of the many reasons why i dont play xiv).
For my part people can buy mounts or use their money for asswipe whichever rocks your boat.
By protectorchrono 2015-03-26 12:17:36  
Zubis said: »
The $10K a month that SE will get from the 800 people that signed this will be enough to keep the game running, right guys?

Guys?

These petitions don't matter to SE. They are gonna focus their time and money into games that actually make them more money (FF14 etc), than a 14 year old MMO with decreasing subscriptions that's become a shell of it's former glory.

Can't believe people just can't accept the offical announcement that SE stated and are still in denial about the game's impending end. (Sure the servers will still probably be up after November, but no new content, no major updates, nothing just a dead husk of the game while the subscriptions drop like flies. People just can't accept that the game is on "life support" atm. Just let it be and move on with life.

It's like people believing that the final summoning in FFX can defeat Sin once and for all, but wake up to realize it's not going away but they still keep sending summoners to kill it, in complete denial about its futileness. Get the point? It's called False Hope.

#Keepingitreal
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-26 12:48:03  
So you're outraged that FFXIV, a game unabashed in its desire to appeal to a casual, broad scope populace has a cash shop? A cash shop with largely optional items? A game that legit calls itself a theme park complete with more WoW terms than one could shake a stick at?

If people didn't think XIV was worth the subs, they'd shitcan them and we'd be looking at a Wildstar / TESO scenario here. Instead the game is going strong a year in coming off the biggest MMO disaster ever.

I'm not completely sold on FFXIV myself mainly because the game lacks a soul and fails to be anything other than a glorified one player experience but a cash shop is nothing innovative here. Perhaps XI could have survived longer if it had implemented one for vanity.
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-26 12:48:59  
2 Month Weapon rentals!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shyguy
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Shyguy
By Ragnarok.Shyguy 2015-03-26 12:49:51  
They should just convert the game to offline or something on the lines of diablo where you can create/join rooms or something like that
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-26 12:50:43  
With how much people shelled out for bots, perhaps those EXP boosters and Choco skins would have saved the game!

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-26 12:51:29  
Ragnarok.Shyguy said: »
rooms
I'm suddenly reminded of pol chatrooms. Do they still exist? lol, some titles were funny just to look at
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shyguy
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Shyguy
By Ragnarok.Shyguy 2015-03-26 12:55:38  
Keido said: »
2 Month Weapon rentals!

Im wait for when they deside to sell weapons and armor

Post deleted by User.
By caseyanthony 2015-03-26 12:57:43  
Who gives a *** if you have to pay to get married in game, get married irl for goodness sake.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-26 12:58:56  
Shutup with all this butthurt about XIV, would you. Having a cash shop is a very smart thing from the company, whether it's "moral" or not. Yoshida knows how to make money, it's why he just got another promotion at SE.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-26 12:59:16  
Sylph.Katsuras said: »
So you're outraged that FFXIV, a game unabashed in its desire to appeal to a casual, broad scope populace has a cash shop? A cash shop with largely optional items? A game that legit calls itself a theme park complete with more WoW terms than one could shake a stick at?

If people didn't think XIV was worth the subs, they'd shitcan them and we'd be looking at a Wildstar / TESO scenario here. Instead the game is going strong a year in coming off the biggest MMO disaster ever.

I'm not completely sold on FFXIV myself mainly because the game lacks a soul and fails to be anything other than a glorified one player experience but a cash shop is nothing innovative here. Perhaps XI could have survived longer if it had implemented one for vanity.

Well Square hated RMT for years, but now? they (in effect) sell Gil themselves. Kinda odd how they hated it but now are ok with it when they can profit off it though?

Here is how they do it. You can buy with your Credit Card, the wedding items and then sell them ingame for lots and lots of Gil. Isn't that good? You can either buy your gil from RMT sites and risk being banned OR you can buy it from Square.

Isn't buying Gil...p2w?

They aren't engaging in p2w and if someone wants to drop bank on a completely superfluous wedding or Slepnir, who gives a ***? Neither make you competitive or puts anyone at a disadvantage and both help prop up SEs financials which is presumably good for the game.

Taking this radical stance that you won't open a cash shop when people are obviously willing to drop money on vanity is terrible business.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11