言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » CHANGE.ORG for keep developping FFXI
CHANGE.ORG for keep developping FFXI
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
By caseyanthony 2015-03-25 09:41:46  
Ok clam down, you didn't enjoy hnms, I and many others did. Of course none of it matters now, hnms will never come back.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 09:42:24  
Remove the 'many'.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-25 09:44:58  
caseyanthony said: »
Ok clam down, you didn't enjoy hnms, I and many others did.

!!!!

But really, it's fine that you enjoyed it, though I question your sanity. But hey, masochism is a valid fetish, so it's your call.

That said, that was sort of my point. HNMs being taken away/phased out is not the same as everyone being handed everything. We busted our *** farming Cloud Evokers/Bv2 pops for gear and money to support linkshell relics.

HNMs removal was not the problem, the systems they subsequently replaced them with in the WotG era were.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 09:46:49  
I only enjoyed the drama HNMLSs gave.

Anyone from Asura would remember 24/7 and the many failings that shell gave us.
By fonewear 2015-03-25 09:48:19  
I enjoyed HNM but then again I enjoyed the *** of getting to 75 and having to wait forever to get a party invite...the pre level sync era !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 09:49:43  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Katsuras said: »
it will quickly fall again
Asspull.
An expansion can change a lot how a game goes.

Considering what Yoshida has done for SE with XIV and the recovery process coupled with his successes in terms of sheer sub numbers I don't think he'll be fettered by financial limitations just yet.

Which means Heavensward should be dope.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 09:51:36  
Remove the 'many'.

I enjoyed HNMs like a battered wife.

At first you think you can take it.
Then you try to deny it's happening.
Then you start taking it.
Then it becomes a blur. Have I been beaten 4 or 8 times this week?
Then you snap.
Then you get a Lifetime TV movie.
Then you hopefully learned not to do HNMs ever again.

Quote:
I enjoyed HNM but then again I enjoyed the *** of getting to 75 and having to wait forever to get a party invite...the pre level sync era !

Great! One tank is LFP.
JP ONRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY
JP JP JP JP ONRY. NA NA NA TOO WEAK.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-03-25 09:52:25  
You would think someone who saw the impact Adoulin had would give more credence to the notion that an expansion can change a game.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 09:52:34  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Remove the 'many'.

Then you snap.
Then you join another HNMLS.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 09:56:41  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Remove the 'many'.

Then you snap.
Then you join another HNMLS.

Fancy how that goes. The HNMLS I help found eventually boot me. And then I ended up in a rival shell to surpass them all!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 10:02:08  
One Linkshell to rule them all, One Linkshell to find them,
One Linkshell to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-25 10:04:18  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
One Linkshell to rule them all, One Linkshell to find them,
One Linkshell to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor, where the leader gets all the drops.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-03-25 10:04:29  
Sylph.Katsuras said: »
Development in FFXI was drained to almost nothing while XIV was being made, this was the first negative.

The second was when Square took the active decision to let everyone cap everything to get them to move onto their other game.

Fast leveling, solo relics, all old gear made useless and new gear easy to obtain. 101 on how to destroy an mmo right there.

Oh and wishful thinking about heavensward, even if it does it will quickly fall again. You know why? Because if you don't want to play it right now when they are practically giving it away why would you want to play more of the same?

Ok looked at it again and you stated that Heavensward would quickly fail then gave a reason about something. Doesn't really say anything about current game the "right now" could relate to preorders and such. You shouldn't really have linked them with a question about if we would like to know why heavensward will fail.
By Keido 2015-03-25 10:20:33  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
You would think someone who saw the impact Adoulin had would give more credence to the notion that an expansion can change a game.

I dont know SoA was pretty Negative. The first two months were "Hey go out that and beat up some rocks and tree's" Worst launch ever IMHO.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-25 10:20:33  

You hit the nail on the head.

After reading his claims regarding 11 and 14, it would seem doesn't like 14 and tries to attribute his predictions of its failure to anything he can.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 10:23:04  
Keido said: »

I dont know SoA was pretty Negative. The first two months were "Hey go out that and beat up some rocks and tree's" Worst launch ever IMHO.

As opposed to Wings? The last solid gamechanging expansion was TOAU. Initial SOA involved that backlash on RMEs that got walked back with quickness. Then a reverse content launch with the best stuff in Delve and filler content afterwards.
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-25 10:29:36  
I was on a 6 year break with WoTG so I cant speak to what that was like. Quit after beating ToAU in 2006 didn't come back until 2012.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 10:31:38  
You missed the low point of XI then, good on you!
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-25 10:35:34  
And remain qualified to expound upon the many virtues and vices of games you don't play and didn't play for 6 years by comparing them to... Lineage?
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-25 10:37:10  
Or wait! 14 is destined to fail because they don't let you see how many people are in the server right?

I forgot about that gem.
 leo
By leo 2015-03-25 10:38:28  
Lye said: »
Or wait! 14 is designed to fail because they don't let you see how many people are in the server right?

I forgot about that gem.

Actually originally you could search the server and see how many people were playing. After making it free and even then people leaving it in mass, SE removed the body count feature on the search to save face.
By protectorchrono 2015-03-25 10:38:57  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
No amount of petitions will save XI now it's had a good run and it wasn't going to last forever. What they need to do is let Bahamut finish what he was going to do in CoP and then unplug the servers so we can have them on XIV need more on XIV a lot of the servers are still restricted due to being full and all of the housing instances are too.

Quote:
No amount of petitions will save XI now it's had a good run and it wasn't going to last forever.

Exactly. No matter how many petitions people in denial will make, once they made the announcement official, it was done. I doubt SE is gonna "about face" on their decision just to appeal to a sparse amount of players. People keep forgetting This IS SE we are talking about I wouldn't expect a lot of miracles coming from them.

Besides, even if they did revive it, the way the game is now, it STILL won't bring back the majority of the old player base. For most, they have made the game easy-mode, getting a piece of equipment like from a event you worked hard to get has no real meaning anymore. Plus, no progression after November would probably kill off the motivation of a lot of people, knowing that no matter content they clear or how well geared they are, they will always be ilvl119 and won't move from that and with no new content being added, the player base will drop drastically.

SE kinda screwed themselves with that announcement but at the same time, the game is just old, its not the same as it used to be, and to quote Casey:

Quote:
Ffxi has went from a great mmo to medicore. Ffxi is 13 years old, it's past its best and has been for a very long time, it's time to let the old dog die peacefully. Nothing is really going to bring it back

Quote:
What they need to do is let Bahamut finish what he was going to do in CoP

Bahamut deserved more screentime, I mean come on...he's a Legend! xD
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-25 10:41:24  
leo said: »
Or wait! 14 is designed to fail because they don't let you see how many people are in the server right?

I forgot about that gem.

Actually originally you could search the server and see how many people were playing. After making it free and even then people leaving it in mass, SE removed the body count feature on the search to save face.
That must be it!

It can't be to minimize server queries and require designing query paths to calculate the number of players in instanced servers at all!

That wouldn't be pragmatic in the least!
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-25 10:45:03  
Damn! Can't login because there are 243 players in queue at 11:34 AM EST.

I wish this game would hurry up and fail!

Must be those gosh darn dailies!
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-25 10:46:28  
Is 14 failing? The only experience I have with 14 is people saying its boring and too easy to get everything you want. Which to be fair is the same thing in FFXI currently. I have not given 14 a whirl simply because I don't want to level another character even if its not all that hard or time consuming to do anymore. I have a lot of time invested into this character and its why I am still playing 11.

There are a lot of negatives about 11 that will never be corrected. It is what it is and as soon as it stops being fun for me I will go find something else to have fun with. I do not expect an awesome Mobile port or new graphics or anything even remotely modern to a 13 year old game.

However its still very fun for me. I enjoy the ***out of FFXI. I don't have any far reaching expectations that they are going to update it with a new graphics pack or new UI. I dont think a Change.org online petition signed by a ton of keyboard warriors will do anything. 11 is what it is and it can remain fun to play for years still.

I do wait for the clarification to the community asked questions that they asked for. So we will see.
 leo
By leo 2015-03-25 10:56:33  
That must be it!

It can't be to minimize server queries and require designing query paths to calculate the number of players in instanced servers at all!

That wouldn't be pragmatic in the least!

At the time several gaming sites (Kotaku and similars) were polling the game daily and posting non stop the counts. I witnessed that because at the time I did read the site and I also followed the XIV related stories at the time.

So it was likely a response to that harassment by some "irresponsible" journalism "gaming media".
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 10:57:28  
Why do people care how many are playing XIV? The game isn't failing lol, but at the same time the large numbers mean ***when the game is mostly single-player to begin with.

Unless you work for SE marketing or are arguing for budget increases to corporate.

Half the game are instances which pull from a group of servers, the overworld content is largely throwaway or involve a tight core of 8. All the people playing around you might as well be NPCs.
 Leviathan.Vienne
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-03-25 10:59:19  
people who despise xiv just dont like to jump and they dont want to see other people jump, Jumping should be forbidden. Why are you all jumping around in circles you could as well be using your jumping time in a constructive way like reading these superintresting ffxi/ffxiv discussions on ffxiah.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-25 11:02:47  
Sorry, I was blinded by Katsuras tin foil hat.

All my shiny white armor makes me quite photo sensitive
 leo
By leo 2015-03-25 11:09:53  
Well I don't know what go on the head of those people. I think it just gave them "hits" on their site to bash SE. And that means they earned more money. That's how Kotaku rolls usually.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11