Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-25 07:36:08  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
I thought someone might react like this really should have put /sarcasm at the end of that bit.
Eh, I saw nothing in that to even hint at sarcasm, so yeah, if that was your intent you should have made it more obvious.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-03-25 07:45:59  
Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
No amount of petitions will save XI now it's had a good run and it wasn't going to last forever. What they need to do is let Bahamut finish what he was going to do in CoP and then unplug the servers so we can have them on XIV need more on XIV a lot of the servers are still restricted due to being full and all of the housing instances are too.

Closing FFXI will just make them loose money, FFXI players will not go on XIV lol...

Saying that there already are a lot of ex-XI players on the server I'm on my whole free company is made up of them so is the BG free company and on another server the limit break radio free company which used to be on Odin on XI.

Do you really think people will stay around if they have to pay when there's no major updates nothing new and shiny being added? I cant see XI going f2p at a push I'd see them adding at as free if you have an XIV sub. A lot will just quit and play real life, some will come to XIV and others will go to other MMOS. I'm not saying everyone will quit there will be some that stay but SE will then have to ask themselves is the cost of keeping XI running worth its income? They have already come to the conclusion that the money it's making atm isn't worth having a dev team for it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 07:49:38  
A lot will just quit and play real life
Lemme tell you man, this game *** sucks. I wanna start over to try and make a better playthrough but I don't know how to reset.

Great graphics and the sex quests are fun, but damn is it grindy. Sure requires too much commitment.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-03-25 07:50:20  
Quote:
Do you really think people will stay around if they have to pay when there's no major updates nothing new and shiny being added?

Have to agree with this. Why on earth would you continue to pay money for a dated game that is not getting any additional content to justify the monthly fee? Sure, people can attempt to justify doing so because of "my friends i've made here" but really, if you know them that well chances are you have them on social media which last I checked doesn't have a monthly fee.

In my case I'm going to enjoy the last few addons and then call it. Final Fantasy XI has had a good run, even if it was very turbulent at times, but it's time to let it go.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 07:59:17  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
A lot will just quit and play real life
Lemme tell you man, this game *** sucks. I wanna start over to try and make a better playthrough but I don't know how to reset.

Great graphics and the sex quests are fun, but damn is it grindy. Sure requires too much commitment.
Ask Jesus how to reset, he figured it out in 3 days.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 08:03:01  
He probably knew how to hack the code :c
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-03-25 08:13:50  
Sylph.Katsuras said: »
No amount of petitions will save XI now it's had a good run and it wasn't going to last forever. What they need to do is let Bahamut finish what he was going to do in CoP and then unplug the servers so we can have them on XIV need more on XIV a lot of the servers are still restricted due to being full and all of the housing instances are too.

Er FFXIV has too many servers now, most of them are really empty. That game could easily merge to half the number of servers if they wanted to.

Just cause the popular ones are "full" that means nothing, also "full" just means registered player quota numbers are filled.

If you say so you aren't the one who has to wait for npcs to load up, on ps4, when there's a ***ton of people around them. There are also instances with fairly long queue times to enter when you have a full party. A trip to all 3 cities... lots of people there.... A trip to Mor Dhona lots of people there... A trip to the gold saucer... lots of people there. Last time I was in the high level fate zone, a day or two ago, there where a lot of people doing fates.

This attitude of XI players saying XIV is empty really does make me laugh.

I would like to know where you are getting this servers are empty from, a source would be nice, as from what I can see ingame it says other wise and yes I have characters on multiple servers.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-25 08:20:32  
They have already come to the conclusion that the money it's making atm isn't worth having a dev team for it.

Ummm... Last I checked, they announced that they will work on some sort of a mobile port and that means at least a new UI, lots of tweaking to gameplay elements (probably the engine too) and coding to port it over.

They will probably need an even bigger and more versatile dev team to accomplish all that. They are just making partnerships with distributors like Nexon, not handing over the game to some other studio.

If the money wasn't worth it, they would just shut the game down. If they weren't expecting to earn money, why would they even bother developing a mobile version to keep the game going?
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2015-03-25 08:21:14  
Has no one even discussed the remote possibility that a la SE they again use ambiguous language to get a reaction out of people? Call me crazy but this last year has been a whirlwind of updates, so many changes to the game and all for what, to say this is as good as its going to get, take it or leave it?

Sounds like bs.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-25 08:29:56  
Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
Has no one even discussed the remote possibility that a la SE they again use ambiguous language to get a reaction out of people? Call me crazy but this last year has been a whirlwind of updates, so many changes to the game and all for what, to say this is as good as its going to get, take it or leave it?

Sounds like bs.

"The game is dead" folk can call me crazy or whatever and I am aware as well that it isn't so healthy, but like you said, I call it bs that they would stop working on the game. If the want to sell the game on mobile platform, they will need to advertise something new. "Hey guys, we have ported a 15 years old game to Android/iOS and we are expecting you to buy this (and keep paying us) but don't expect any update". Does it sound reasonable to anybody?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 08:39:32  
I would like to know where you are getting this servers are empty from, a source would be nice, as from what I can see ingame it says other wise and yes I have characters on multiple servers.

Faerie, Goblin, Jenova, most of the JP servers.

As I said, this isn't to say FFXIV doesn't have more players than FFXI. We all know that, but given how much and how old FFXIV has it really doesn't have that many players really. It certainly isn't in any position to gloat.

To the person that said "who would play an old game?"

Look how much money Lineage 1 makes for NCsoft on the chart. Lineage was released in 1998.

Lineage 1 makes up 38% of their profits, this is a game older than FFXI. Gw2 makes up 21%.

You're failing to realize that XI is no longer the game that captured a base and kept them playing for years. A combination of factors: stagnation before Abyssea, Abyssea changes, shifting resources to XIV and a march towards quickly obsolete gear killed what made XI, XI.

The emphasis on LS play, tight knit community and overwhelming challenge/frustration is gone. And that's what made XI unique.

So thats why no one wants to play. XI has essentially become a dated generic MMO with lots of feels attached due to us all playing forever. ilvls and everything.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 08:40:54  
Also, XIV will get more subs once Heavensward happens. Seekers of Adoulin mildly got some people back then peeps sloped off pretty quickly.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 08:51:02  
it will quickly fall again
Asspull.
An expansion can change a lot how a game goes.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 08:56:54  
Yes it might change a lot. And can attract hordes of players.
[+]
By caseyanthony 2015-03-25 09:02:31  
Development in FFXI was drained to almost nothing while XIV was being made, this was the first negative.

The second was when Square took the active decision to let everyone cap everything to get them to move onto their other game.

Fast leveling, solo relics, all old gear made useless and new gear easy to obtain. 101 on how to destroy an mmo right there.

Oh and wishful thinking about heavensward, even if it does it will quickly fall again. You know why? Because if you don't want to play it right now when they are practically giving it away why would you want to play more of the same?

This guy is a chronic ffxiv hater so I would not really listen to a word he says.

Ffxi is 13 years old, it's past its best and has been for a very long time, it's time to let the old dog die peacefully.

Ffxi has went from a great mmo to medicore in my eyes and nothing is really going to bring it back, the casuals won and also lost, they wanted easier content, they wanted rid of hnms, they wanted easier access to all gear.

You all got your wish but it has come with a price the dwindling playerbase which only drops and drops and I doubt it will ever pick back up as the game has past its peak.

Ffxiv on the other hand still has to reach its peak, and we will see how it goes.

Personally once the final 11 update is here, i'll finish it up and log out for the last time from any mmo.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 09:05:02  
caseyanthony said: »
This guy is a chronic ffxiv hater so I would not really listen to a word he says.
FANBOY ALERT!
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-25 09:09:28  
caseyanthony said: »
they wanted easier content, they wanted rid of hnms, they wanted easier access to all gear.

Does not belong with the other two and is a facile argument made by everyone pining for the "old days" and remembering those HNM camps with the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia.

HNMs were always a terrible system that promoted cheating/botting and caused far too much division and spite between players.

I will never understand the people who lust after the return of the daily king pops.

The old Bahamut v2 model was excellent in that regard. It allowed you to work individually to in turn work as a group for rewards.

Even the merit point BCNM system, while still having flaws, provides a solid enough foundation that would have been amazing had it come around years earlier and included ally-level content/difficulty.

I've always played XI for the people and my attachment to my character and the world of Vana'diel, but actual gameplay has never been perfect and SE's hesitance to risk change for the better earlier in the game's life doomed it long before the evidence of such was actually observed.

*shrug*

It is what it is. I've spent the last 12 years in Vana'diel and I'll stay on for some time to come. But if you'll pardon a parallel to real life, just because I love my world/country and many things about it doesn't mean I can't recognize its flaws.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 09:10:39  
Znm would be a great system...if it wasn't for the stupid photography fetish.
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-03-25 09:17:13  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
it will quickly fall again
Asspull.
An expansion can change a lot how a game goes.

If you don't like the core game no amount of expansions will make you like it.

Expansions are about keeping players around not really attracting a horde of new ones. Even then most won't stick around long-term.

Apart from core mechanics are changing in Heavensward spell and skill speed are both getting redesigned to make them useful instead of a detrimental stat to most jobs. Zones are being made bigger so a lot more to explore and flying mounts. They have already said that there is going to be as much content in the as there was in 2.0 which was a lot when you think about it.

Now I don't understand the part about practically giving it away. I don't call £130 for an expansion just giving it away.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 09:17:31  
"That's it Naul, show me your good side! Give me that Spike Flail action! You go gurl!"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-03-25 09:17:31  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
would have been amazing had it come around years earlier

Having recently come back from a decent sized break, I find this to be true about a lot of things.

This version of the game is the best it's ever been, and a lot of people who genuinely loved FFXI never even saw it.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 09:26:14  
Waste of time detected.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-25 09:34:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Caseyanthony said: »
hnma kept hardcores logging in they loved the drama and spite

No, hardcores did it in spite of this *** because they wanted to stay on top of things enough that they would tolerate this ***.

But oh, I'm sorry, I've only spent an accumulation of entire months in Dragon's Aery alone, let alone on them all combined. Clearly I have no clue about the feelings of myself, linkshell mates, or friends in other shells.

Cheating may be "more prevalent" now, but it's also not as impactful now. Cheating now may make acquisition of some things easier for individuals, but it can't ruin the entire week of literally hundreds of people by a king pop being bot-claimed.

I'm glad you think you're superior and speak for all the hardcores, but I promise you in the grand scheme I've spent (I'm sorry to admit) far more time and energy than a very large portion of this forum in XI.

What you say is true of some, though it throws into question to me the character of anyone who enjoys spite and drama. And can tell you that those who enjoyed provoking drama are scumbags whom I still wish bad things upon, because trolls like that are terrible people.

But you are far, far from speaking for everyone.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11