CHANGE.ORG for keep developping FFXI
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-03-23 14:05:49  
pchan said: »
You can't seriously accept that player get the best weapon in the game by simply killing an NM -once, it has nothing to do with diffculty.

Yeah, their big mistake with delve I was KI/ super high drop rate, decent drop rate on gear was fine, weapon should have been super low % and not possible to buy with KI.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-23 14:09:26  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lye said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
to say that certain decisions were made and that things were unforeseeable is to apologize for SE.

No it's not. It's in no way an apology. There's nothing to apologize for.

The moment you were dissatisfied with X or Y, you could un-sub.

To say that a developer is wrong because you don't like the direction they go in is the epitome of narcissism.

But you know that. Because feeling the way you do, surely they have reached out to you in all your omniscience regarding the inner workings of the development team, it's rotating cast of characters, various financial pressures put on said characters, and the ever changing online gaming climate during the period of 2004-present. I mean, they'd be remiss to neglect such a fantastic source of insight into every misstep made in FFXI!

You mean they haven't? Their loss right?

lol, what are you going on about? I'm making a hindsight critique of the decisions, based on who was at the helm, that lead to parts of the game I didn't like and citing them as reasons for dwindling popularity independent of any number of other possible factors.

FTFY champ! Keep up your broad analysis!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-03-23 14:12:11  
Signed.

Beautiful post. Will definitely share this with everyone I know who still plays this game.
By volkom 2015-03-23 14:12:13  
I was perfectly fine with allowing the playerbase an opportunity to level the playing field. Hardly anyone complains in other mmo's. Its just the 'I've spent months/years working on this weapon, it absolutely must be the best'
I think that mentality is dumb. I'm fine with items being best in slot but for a game which almost requires you to have a plethora of situational gear sets, then the better weapons should also be situational or at least be on the same tier in terms of damage just with different attributes
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-23 14:12:36  
yea it should have been much more long term, but skill was always the point in this game. equipment always allowed for low man strats or different strats to be executed. i believe that it should have been taken "as is" because i have absolutely no desire, nor have i ever, for epeen coming from weapons/equipment. thats my perspective, its hard for me to consider the alternative when skill is what should matter in the end in a game like this where there are rewards for completing its content.
 Asura.Ninjacrow
user: Ninjacrow
By Asura.Ninjacrow 2015-03-23 14:28:49  
Signed!!
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-23 14:36:26  
signed.
By Derfelcadarn 2015-03-23 14:50:23  
/ signed porra!
By pchan 2015-03-23 14:55:58  
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
yea it should have been much more long term, but skill was always the point in this game. equipment always allowed for low man strats or different strats to be executed. i believe that it should have been taken "as is" because i have absolutely no desire, nor have i ever, for epeen coming from weapons/equipment. thats my perspective, its hard for me to consider the alternative when skill is what should matter in the end in a game like this where there are rewards for completing its content.

Because doing 18 man delve content required skill ? All you had to do was getting 18 ppl with correct weapons and gear equipped (at the time it was bayld gear IIRC and ... bayld NM weapons) . The first kills are not representative. Less than two days after ranger kills, JP raped delve with armies of monks and buffers, so lol@skill. It's like saying doing merits requires skill.
 Odin.Jsmooth
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-03-23 15:01:03  
Signed.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 15:04:40  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
I log in just to kill prishe trust sometimes

Oh I never even thought of this. I should so do this with that *** Naja.
[+]
 Shiva.Sleih
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Sleih 2015-03-23 16:34:04  
Let it go.
[+]
 Seraph.Koroma
サーバ: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2015-03-23 17:36:40  
Odin.Balamor said: »
hi, everyone. im japanese.
so it maybe hard to understanding but please read this post.

i made the site at at change.org for asking SE to keep developping FFXI.
http://goo.gl/oNWAoz

if you agtee then Team up? Create an alliance?

please /help and /assist FFXI!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-23 19:23:13  
pchan i believe the definition of skill applies in my statement. im not saying it was hard, im not saying it was special. but yes, doing delve required more "skill" than meriting, simply because you needed more of it. that is, needing more of the dictionaries definition of skill. this isnt an opinion, either. it's testable too, because it was tested in the hundreds of failed runs people were in/posted about with players not measuring up. i mean, things like dyna salve ect, are far more narrow in terms of whats required skill wise, based on the definition of skill, as well.
By Chyula 2015-03-23 19:58:28  
Asura.Ccl said: »
pchan said: »
You can't seriously accept that player get the best weapon in the game by simply killing an NM -once, it has nothing to do with diffculty.

Yeah, their big mistake with delve I was KI/ super high drop rate, decent drop rate on gear was fine, weapon should have been super low % and not possible to buy with KI.

So you can make a few hundred billion more selling the drops?.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-23 20:00:34  
Ffxi, upon first release was so awkward. There were no jobs(they werent even in development and were only added as an afterthought) so you had these classes with vague similarities to past jobs but with different names. Then you have 90% of the spells and JA with non-FF related names. It was just odd how bad ffxiv 1.0 was and how un-final fantasy it felt in terms of theming classes, abilities, spells, and equipment.
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2015-03-23 20:22:58  
/
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 21:04:38  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Any bets on how many signatures this will get? Range of 50 though, since it's almost impossible to do exact.

I would say 250-300 total signatures by this time Wednesday, and it will die out by then.
157 signatures so far, and ~35 hours left to get the remaining 100 signatures!

Don't break a leg guys...
By barkley1 2015-03-23 21:09:34  
Seraph.Koroma said: »
Odin.Balamor said: »
hi, everyone. im japanese.
so it maybe hard to understanding but please read this post.

i made the site at at change.org for asking SE to keep developping FFXI.
http://goo.gl/oNWAoz

if you agtee then Team up? Create an alliance?

please /help and /assist FFXI!

YouTube Video Placeholder
That video was damn creepy.
 Ragnarok.Action
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xremix
By Ragnarok.Action 2015-03-23 21:10:29  
/
By Chimerawizard 2015-03-23 21:11:42  
Any bets on how many signatures this will get? Range of 50 though, since it's almost impossible to do exact.

I would say 250-300 total signatures by this time Wednesday, and it will die out by then.
157 signatures so far, and ~35 hours left to get the remaining 100 signatures!

Don't break a leg guys...
It said "345 supporters" when I checked.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hawken
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Bellaneph
By Quetzalcoatl.Hawken 2015-03-23 21:17:19  
/
By Takisan 2015-03-23 21:31:38  
Signed. よろしくです〜
[+]
 Asura.Alexandero
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-03-23 21:44:38  
caseyanthony said: »
When people on bg joked last week the official forums would go into meltdown if the live event was to annouce the end of game everyone laughed yet here we have the ffxiah community who are having the worst meltdown.

The game isn't even ending per say it's just no longer going to have major updates it will continue for as long as you log in and pay and seeing how most have reacted I would wager that will be a long time.

So relax.

I'm actually happy about this. I'm tired of organizing crap to try and keep up every time new content is released. I don't have the time I used to. I just want to log in and relax and play without feeling like I'm falling behind in gear. I understand the other side of the coin, this is just my opinion about it.

I don't see why they would shut the servers down if people are still playing. There's a point though that there aren't enough people playing to pay dev's to keep developing new content. I get it.

P.S. Signed anyway because I'm cool like that ;)

P.P.S - I'm indifferent atm anyway, Dark Souls has reclaimed my soul... again...
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-03-23 22:10:59  
There are people still playing Saints Row, almost 9 years later with no "new content" either! go get your pimp hand achievements!
By cervelo84 2015-03-23 22:25:19  
signed, hard to believe only 350 sigs so far

I've been playing ffxi on and off since its release. I want to always be playing this game. Even if just 3-4 hour a week.
 Valefor.Luxuria
サーバ: Valefor
user: Luxuria13
By Valefor.Luxuria 2015-03-23 23:02:38  
Signed.
By missdivine 2015-03-23 23:12:34  
It's like trying to revive a dead horse.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-23 23:31:18  
Sure, Change.org is a joke, and it's pretty much assured that SE will overlook this; but I signed because I still love being a part of Vana'diel despite it's age and shortcomings. And nothing to this day compares to it for me.
By LordMedivh 2015-03-24 00:50:25  
I will not sign. I understand everyone on how they feel about the game since I played it at release and I was 19 years old.... I am now 12 years older and the game brings back a lot of memories from my past time not just in game but in real life.

When I walk in dunes to level to hear that wind sound makes me feel back when I was 19 years old lol and back then we just started to have flip phones.

They won't end the game. I sure hope they merge servers soon and than maybe the game can be more playable.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11