I'm Not Leaving, I'm Not Giving Up. And Neither Should You.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » I'm not leaving, I'm not giving up. And neither should you.
I'm not leaving, I'm not giving up. And neither should you.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-20 14:03:03  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Bismarck.Misao said: »
Flight of the bumble bee? What else is he saying? lol

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-03-20 14:03:34  
I have to ask, if SE is going to put the game into autopilot mode in Novemberish, why are they pulling PS2 and XBOX360 support at all?

It makes no sense to cease development on a game, plan to leave the game running as is, but axe a chunk of its playability.

The only logical reason I can come up with is that perhaps SE is having to pay royalties to Sony and Microsoft, and SE wants to eradicate all ongoing costs associated with maintaining a game that will basically be in hybernation.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 14:07:09  
SE was never that good at providing the means necessary to play on those two consoles. I remember how limited stock was to get SoA on the 360, to the point where it drove prices up to $80 on Amazon and whatnot. Ridiculous.

But you're probably right. SE likely paid royalties and licensing fees to make their game playable on Sony and M$'s platforms, so with the expected diminish of players come the end of November, it's no surprise they want to cut their losses and let the game ride off into the sunset.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 14:10:15  
SE is gonna milk it for what it's worth up until they're done working for the game and it's players. So I'd expect sometime around December or into 2016 we'll see a fee drop since there's nothing left to give other than the non-existent replay value and time leisure of doing...whatever.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-20 15:31:21  
Sylph.Katsuras said: »
My problem with this is that as much as I like the game and all, unless they drop or greatly reduce the subscription they are going to make you pay a full subscription for nothing. The whole point of a sub is to get all the content they create, and you pay their wages to that end.

By paying that sub you're rewarding them for giving you almost nothing in return, they are blatantly ripping you off and you're saying that's ok?

That's a little too much of a bad thing to reward in my eyes, sets a bad precedent where they see it's ok to treat us badly.

FFXI is an amazing game, one I hope lives on for a long time and it's great that people want to carry on with it. It's disgraceful if they intend to keep charging full sub though, that is blatant bad and really shouldn't be supported.

FFXI dying would be terrible, this is worse than that though. It's Square losing all respect for their long-term loyal players and just ripping them off blatantly.

Someone should make a post on the official forums asking if they intend to lower the subscription fee after stopping content, because they really need to.

I want a reduced subscription(like 5 bucks or less a month) that should cover 'server costs'. F2P just invites the creation of a cash shop, no thanks.
By Blizzardxc 2015-03-20 15:39:13  
People are right just because no new major content will be released for the game doesn't mean the game is dead it just means that the game can actually be beat by capping out every job, skill point, job point, quest, mission, etc. That is a challenge in itself that some may undertake.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-03-20 15:48:37  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Bismarck.Misao said: »
Flight of the bumble bee? What else is he saying? lol

Wow, that's a perfect analogy.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-03-20 16:17:27  
Don't be sorry for the mini-drama. That's pretty much the reason half of us come here anyway.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By maldini 2015-03-20 16:18:32  
Shiva.Cymopoleia said: »
Also posted on the official forums, but I wanted to copy here since not everybody uses those forums, or these^^

I know it feels doom and gloom, and honestly, I felt that all day yesterday, I cried for most of it, it hurt so deep i just wanted to lay in bed all day. (I didn't of course, family needs me^^)

wow... many years ago I decided not to invest my every being into this game, FFXI, because I didn't want to sound or feel exactly like you do in this post.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-20 16:30:21  
Final Fantasy XI being numbered is a big thing for SE. If they shut the game down then anyone who wanted to play XI wouldn't be able to, it would be like SE not selling FFIV or VII anymore. Even if the game comes down to having only a few servers, I think SE will keep it going. There are older online games that are still going on in some fashion. The game has a ton of content that can keep a player playing for years if they start from scratch.

It's not going to appeal to hardcore gamers who need something new to challenge, it will be left on for Final Fantasy enthusiasts. Remember that the children of the players who have played this game for over ten years could pick the game up if they like other FF games. If SE release a new FF that becomes as (or more) popular than FFVII, you would probably see a rise in numbers for both FFXI and XIV. The game is going to get easier over time, but they will probably add more time sinks before November. The cost of keeping servers up will lower over time, without the cost of updates, the subscriptions would pay for the maintenance easily.

I suppose it depends just how dead it gets, and whether SE seriously want one of their numbered games to become non-existent. I wouldn't want the game to go offline if I was SE. They put many years into it, it would be killing over a decades worth of work and memories, not just for the players, but for those at SE as well.

Edit: Also think about how many people pirate their old games. You don't seriously need to go out and buy a new copy of FFVII whenever you want to play it. FFXI is different, it's a much much bigger game and it will still bring players in and make them money, simply because you need to subscribe. Anyone new or returning would have peace of mind that the game is sticking as it is, and any goals they aim for won't suddenly change because of a drastic version update.

After hearing the news yesterday, I immediately jumped back to doing Adoulin missions and I am enjoying the storyline. The game has many experiences that many players around the world have yet to experience. I have many friends who never played FFXI because of its subscription, but who knows .. with the game being a finished product, they might just give it a go for a few months.
By Draylo 2015-03-20 16:44:03  
I'll be here fighting to the end with you OP!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-20 16:45:30  
My wife and I play and it is something I don't want to give up. We tried XIV and it just isn't our thing. Plus, it doesn't have blu and drg doesn't get a wyvern...

If they really do stop updates, I fear for the lifespan of the game. I mean sure, it will probably go on for a while longer and many of us will keep playing but one of the main reasons I play is to get shiny things so I can do new content. Once they stop adding content I'm going to run out of things I feel are worth doing or even that I want to do. With no future prospects, the game will dwindle and people are already dropping off due to not wanting to invest any more time in a game that is being put on the bench.

I'd like to convince them this game is worth continuing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-03-20 16:47:22  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Don't be sorry for the mini-drama. That's pretty much the reason half of us come here anyway.
Oh hey, I remember that Giraffe from anywhere :P. You always gave me advice on BLU long ago. Y U no play :'(?

I still play and stream occasionally and probably will play until well after the final expansion as long as there're peeps to play with.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-20 16:48:50  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
as long as there're peeps to play with
Honestly I think this is the main issue.

As long as there are people to play with, who isn't going to play...?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-20 16:53:32  
I think people underestimate how many fans remain loyal to FFXI. At this stage of the game, I only see players who love the game. Those who don't truly love this game left years ago. Apparently the Japanese population is still pretty good. Some players don't need the latest content to stick with it. A lot of players are not sporting Mythics, and might only have one or two Relics/Empyrean.

The only thing that concerns me are the server economies. Without some server merges, I can see economies go into an even worse decline. They also need to make RME much more superior to the new 119 equipment otherwise Dynamis/Salvage/Voidwatch would cease, and players use those events to make gil. Alluvion Skirmish should not be where the money is in the future.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-20 16:53:35  
I don't think we're going to have population issues for the first few months after the 'expansions'. It's after that I feel there will be a problem.
[+]
 Odin.Quixacotl
サーバ: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-20 16:57:41  
I'm totally on the same page as the OP.

Here's to all you Doom-and-Gloom Chicken Littles...

Circa 2006 even!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7