Thf DE Gear Sets?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Thf DE gear sets?
Thf DE gear sets?
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-22 14:45:02  
true. SE does interpret things oddly sometimes. however i'm 100% sure that for your WS damage each and every hit is based at the DMG of your main hand weapon no matter how many hits you may have in the WS (dual wield or no dual wield). I think this to be true due to SE not letting you use your off hand weapon's weapon skills if you're subbing a different weapon class.

edit: if you notice the damage calculator doesnt ask you for off hand weapon damage. yet the damage output from the calculator is highly accurate.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-22 15:01:30  
You do have a good point in your first paragraph.

Never used that calculator so I have no idea <_< that being the case in the situation I gave above, it would make Hecatomb +1 win by a larger margin than previously calculated.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-22 15:01:33  
Vylandra said:
Mobs with higher vit will, of course, require higher str. Whereas weaker mobs would be better served using your dex setup.

False.

4 str will do the exact same thing on mobs w/ high vit as mobs w/ low vit which would add 1 DMG. The only 2 acceptations are if you are at the upper or lower cap of fstr. If the mob's vit is high enough to be past your lower cap of fstr, adding str, depending on how much , may do nothing at all because even w/ the added str, your fstr may still be at its lower cap and even once you do break that cap, 4 str will still only be 1 DMG.

If you're at the upper bound, works the same, will only gain attack from str and nothing else.

Any mob w/ high enough VIT for you to be at your fstr's lower bound in the first place, your acc prbably isn't going to be capped on these mobs and the acc from dex beats the attack from str, while they both increase your DMG by 1. Dex is still going to win.

Again 1 dex > 1 str. I'm not saying use no str or to use 1 dex over 5 str, but in equal proportions, dex wins.
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-22 15:10:20  
Raenryong said:
You do have a good point in your first paragraph.

Never used that calculator so I have no idea <_< that being the case in the situation I gave above, it would make Hecatomb +1 win by a larger margin than previously calculated.

yeah hecatomb (insert slot here) +1 is pure win in nearly any way you compare it to another piece.
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-23 00:47:19  
Yunalie said:
Hey guys I've been leveling my thf recently, and i've been trying to find a sound DE gear set for my thf. Im only 62 at the moment, but I was wondering what gear everyone else uses or used at my level. Any advice would be awesome :)

Funny how there is no mention of SA or TA in there...

We all know SA is DEX ans TA is AGI... they wanted to boost DE damage, not SA or TA, so STR would be a stat to think about for DE, not DEX or AGI because they don't play as important of a roll in the end damage for DE.
 Bismarck.Kazo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Symbah
By Bismarck.Kazo 2009-08-23 01:21:57  
DEws gear
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-23 01:58:14  
Zayo said:
Yunalie said:
Hey guys I've been leveling my thf recently, and i've been trying to find a sound DE gear set for my thf. Im only 62 at the moment, but I was wondering what gear everyone else uses or used at my level. Any advice would be awesome :)

We all know SA is DEX ans TA is AGI... they wanted to boost DE damage, not SA or TA, so STR would be a stat to think about for DE, not DEX or AGI because they don't play as important of a roll in the end damage for DE.

Wrong, DE has a 30% dex mod, which is the reason that even w/o being stacked w/ SA, it is still superior to str.
 Pandemonium.Natasdrol
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Natasdrol 2009-08-23 06:52:44  
Vegetto said:
Zayo said:
Yunalie said:

Wrong, DE has a 30% dex mod, which is the reason that even w/o being stacked w/ SA, it is still superior to str.

True Story
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-08-23 07:43:26  
Kazo said:

My thoughts
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-23 13:26:14  
IMO I wouldn't DE if I had x's or mandau.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-08-23 13:34:05  
Well no, but they still have highest base DMG and I like the pretty gold dagger q.q
 Bismarck.Kazo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Symbah
By Bismarck.Kazo 2009-08-23 14:28:45  
Darkanaseur said:

imo for back Cerb+1 > Cuch . 15 attack is better than 4 dex and acc but yes it also depends on what type of enemy u are facing. on most end game NM's Cuch would perform better but on merit party or normal mobs cerb+1 is better also u have to consider if u need teh extra emnity for TA.
Cuch belt is better than warwolf b/c u gain a extra dex and 10 attack over 5 str. i would only use warwolfs if ur lacking str in ur ws set up. also Skadi vs heca cap depends on if u need the extra str and if ur using TA. but in most situations i would say heca +1cap is better than skadi's.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-23 17:06:22  
Vegetto said:

One thing about this, even though it's 30%, at 75 it's 30% * .83 which comes out to 24.9% so it's technically approximately even with STR on non/SA assuming the 4 str/fstr rule.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-23 18:00:28  
Yah, DEX has side-benefits of accuracy whereas STR has side-benefits of attack, where accuracy>attack generally though.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-08-23 20:12:05  
Delirium said:
true. SE does interpret things oddly sometimes. however i'm 100% sure that for your WS damage each and every hit is based at the DMG of your main hand weapon no matter how many hits you may have in the WS (dual wield or no dual wield). I think this to be true due to SE not letting you use your off hand weapon's weapon skills if you're subbing a different weapon class.

edit: if you notice the damage calculator doesnt ask you for off hand weapon damage. yet the damage output from the calculator is highly accurate.

Yeah, you sure made a point now. I thought you were actualy implying that the off hand weapon made no contribution at all to the ws damage. But idk, i still think its illogical for the off hand added hit damage be calculated with the main hand damage.

Raenryong said:
Yah, DEX has side-benefits of accuracy whereas STR has side-benefits of attack, where accuracy>attack generally though.

Not forgetting also that str benefit caps and caps soon on daggers, especially on merit lvl mobs (103 str with blau on colibri). So to maximize damage capping str and then adding dex could be a way to do it. Good thing that most dex stuff also comes with chunks of str.

Delirium said:
IMO I wouldn't DE if I had x's or mandau.

I think of Mercy stroke, as with any single hit, as a stacked ws only. DE will outshine it on low def stuff when you solo it, no way around that. Now when its base damage is increased by 140, thats when the magic begins.

On high def stuff we shouldnt use multihits so no use comparing them. But that doesnt change the fact that single hits are better of with SA/TA. Since we are thfs, we boost their base damage by a good 140 or even more with SA only, and also make them crit.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-08-23 23:30:24  
Kazo said:
Darkanaseur said:

imo for back Cerb+1 > Cuch . 15 attack is better than 4 dex and acc but yes it also depends on what type of enemy u are facing. on most end game NM's Cuch would perform better but on merit party or normal mobs cerb+1 is better also u have to consider if u need teh extra emnity for TA.
Cuch belt is better than warwolf b/c u gain a extra dex and 10 attack over 5 str. i would only use warwolfs if ur lacking str in ur ws set up. also Skadi vs heca cap depends on if u need the extra str and if ur using TA. but in most situations i would say heca +1cap is better than skadi's.

I figured the extra acc on back piece would be more significant on mobs that dont have high def anyway. Then a 5DEX ring. Oh well, I don't have either q.q
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-24 02:31:51  
Raenryong said:

this
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-24 03:04:25  
Id be using evisceration over DE if I had that dagger combo not that I would give up on multihit ws
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-24 03:25:54  
Vegetto said:
Raenryong said:

this

I thought we were just comparing them for raw dmg, it's not like there are that many slots a thf could go pure str vs pure dex on (rings and ear maybe?)